Photo

Windows 8.1 Mouse Bug

5 replies to this topic
BunnyBoy21
  • BunnyBoy21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by StarScream18, 21 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Hello I am having a problem with my Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It is that dreaded mouse bug where you cannot move the mouse but you can use the arrow keys to move. And then you pres ESC many times to try and fix it. That is not an acceptable fix. I also know of the DINPUT8.DLL fix. Unfortunately that doesn't completely fix it.

What that does is only make me able to fidget the mouse around. The only way I can describe it is if on your screen it was free to move around like normal, but at the same time it is still bugged so it looks very glitchy and un-playable.

Is there ANYTHING I can do for this? What other location can I put that DLL? I have it in sysWOW64 as well.

And it won't even launch if I run in Win98 Compat.

Video Example:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

~Thanks

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I had this problem on my Windows 7 PC, and running the game in 98 Compatibility mode fixed that problem.

Since it didn't work for you, like it has for pretty much everyone else with this problem, a few questions are needed:

First, please post the REQUIRED information from the PINNED Troubleshooting topic, as You left out A LOT of information that is helpful in determining a solution to your problem, and they are:

What is your Processor?
What is the Processor Speed?
What is the Video card?
What is the Total Vram?
What is the Dedicated vram?
Do you have the latest SP for the OS?
Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?
If Downloaded, from where?
If Retail, Is this the Original DVD being used OR a No-DVD crack OR A Copy of said DVD being used?

Is this V1, V2, OR V3 game?
Any Mods or trainers?
Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-These can cause problems with games..

**To find above info, go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(If Vista, 7, or 8) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter, the first page is the OS, Ram, Processor information and the Display tab is the Video card information

How can we help you, IF you do not post your system specs and stuff?..Please be more specific in your topics in the future. Thanks

Kaseify
  • Kaseify

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by Kaseify, 09 December 2013 - 04:58 PM.

I have the exact same issue on Windows 8.1

I tried troubleshooting for a while, without any success, but here's what I discovered. First of all, this issue apparently only occurs when you try to run the San Andreas Multiplayer modification - the game itself works just fine. If I try to run the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, SA-MP will crash on loading, and will give this error log. If I try with Windows 98, it runs fine but the bug isn't solved.

SA-MP's always had a few issues with Windows 8.1. When I first reinstalled it, SA asked to install DirectX 9.0c, even though 8.1 comes with dX 11. Then, Windows prompted me to install a "component" called DirectPlay, and only then I could play.

The DINPUT8 dll doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

Here are my system specifics:

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB

4096MB RAM

DirectX 11

I'm using an original retail San Andreas copy, and a No-CD crack V1.0 which allows me to play SA-MP.

Hope someone out there has some kind of fix for this issue. I should've known to stick to Windows 7...

~Legend~
  • ~Legend~

White Shadows

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by ~Legend~, 11 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

I am very sorry for bumping after a few weeks, but this might be of use to the people that are struggling with this problem.

I understand how frustrating it is, but this is something that for whatever reason worked out for me with GTA VC, where I was having this same prob.

After downloading the DINPUT8.DLL and placing it in the game folder I found little luck. It seemed to have fixed the problem, potentially, with not being able to click in the game's menu, which was before temperamental and only worked at times.

Still, however, I could not move the camera around so I tried a variety of different things, from moving folders around to playing with the Task Manager options and testing different compatibility options.

None worked, but suddenly whilst directly in-game I came across what I hope is a permanent fix.

In your game menu, take a look at your controller options. Ensure that it is set to 'Standard Controls' and showing up like so, rather than 'Classic Controls'. That seemed to put things right for me.

Also for what it's worth, check if turning on/off mouse axes inversion has any effect. I have set mine as 'off'.

I have left DINPUT8.DLL in the folder.

Very best of luck. If this is at all useful to you come play with me on a multiplayer of Vice City or San Andreas. :)

pccole
  • pccole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Had the same problem with the single player Steam version on my Surface Pro 2 (Win 8.1). Also the rockstar graphics didn't show at startup. The dinput8.dll fix didn't work for me initially but now I've got it all up and running and the mouse works in the menus and in-game.

1. Run the program in "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" as recommended by the compatibility troubleshooter. That fixes the video issue. If it's still a bit flaky try "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

2. When you download DINPUT8.dll, do NOT get the latest version. I tried 6.1 and this didn't work at all. Instead download version 4.8.0.400 (listed under Alternate versions at http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?dinput8). After you copy the DLL to the program folder, don't forget to open file properties and Unblock it.

Hope this is useful to people struggling to get it running.

Maxlax243
  • Maxlax243

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Had the same problem with the single player Steam version on my Surface Pro 2 (Win 8.1). Also the rockstar graphics didn't show at startup. The dinput8.dll fix didn't work for me initially but now I've got it all up and running and the mouse works in the menus and in-game.

1. Run the program in "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" as recommended by the compatibility troubleshooter. That fixes the video issue. If it's still a bit flaky try "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

2. When you download DINPUT8.dll, do NOT get the latest version. I tried 6.1 and this didn't work at all. Instead download version 4.8.0.400 (listed under Alternate versions at http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?dinput8). After you copy the DLL to the program folder, don't forget to open file properties and Unblock it.

Hope this is useful to people struggling to get it running.

I tried this one and to my surprise, it worked! http://download.dll-....zip?0XMgXAXHjV   This is the download link for dinput8.dll. Copy it in the game folder (C:\ Program Files \ GTA San Andreas) and right click it. Go to properties, and unblock and set it to read only. Then, save the settings, and run the game.

P.S. Only download dinput8.dll  version 4.8.0.400 or leave it.

Hope this works for y'all. 

• kbaltodano likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users