Photo

3ds Max removes vehicle reflection when exporting

8 replies to this topic
_F_
  • _F_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hey, I've been experiencing this problem for a while now.

Everytime I export a vehicle with Kam's maxscript, it somewhy removes the reflections. Even when I import an original San Andreas vehicle and export it without touching anything it removes reflections completely.

This is what I'm talking about:

Original San Andreas reflections :

vincent%203.jpg

And this is what it looks after exporting from 3ds Max

29nwk68.png

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

I think because when you import original vehicle the reflection texture becomes xvehicleenv128

Simply change it to vehicleenvmap128 in material editor before export and the reflection comes back.

I think Kams scripts is not accurate with materials because I always have to manually adjust the settings to make it look like an original GTA SA vehicle.

When I use vehicleenvmap128 it becomes very shiny and changing the values in material editor has minimal effect.

Something I have not mastered but get good results with trial and error. :(

_F_
  • _F_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yeah I've spent hours chaning settings in material editor and like you saied minimal effect or not at all... Also I tried changing xvehicleenv128 to vehicleenvmap128 but still nothing...

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Try clicking "sa vehicle default" in material editor, then apply it to the original vehicle.

http://gtaforums.com...-3dsmax-ingame/

_F_
  • _F_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

It doesn't change anything in-game wether I click it or I don't, it still looks like on the first picture... I think it has something to do with Kams Export script, because when I click Render it seems to have reflection...

_F_
  • _F_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Ok, great news, I figured it all out.

n5gf4g.jpg

Seems like the problem was Kam's maxscript. I downloaded seggaeman's plugin : http://gtaforums.com...3ds-max-plugin/ and it works.

In case someone else has same problem:

All you have to do:

In material editor choose the main body, click SA vehicle default, then in "Reflection image" box, click on "Bitmaptexture (xvehicleenv128). On coordinates column thick "Texture" and in "Map Channel" choose "2". Now in "Bitmap Parameters" manually choose the location of your xvehicleenv128.png and press "Show Standard Map in Viewport".  Now in "Modifier List" find Unwrap UVW and choose map channel 2. And in edit move it the way you want the reflection to be.

(You have to do this manually to every single vehicle part)

Hopefully this helps other people who have same problem. ;)

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Danikov, 24 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Wow,is that a remodelled Rancher? Looks awesome.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 29 November 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Yeah no, the proper way to do it is either go to the "Reflection Fix" button on kams max script and hit "apply increment" to set all texture reflection values up to 100, or, you could press 'M' and use the scene dropper to pull the textures from a certain object and manually set the reflections values.

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

The problem with that method shaprie is the reflections at 100 are way too reflective.

Changing values to say 20 doesn't seem to work either.

Kams refelctions work but too shiny...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users