Ending A was Canon [SPOILERS]

137 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I firmly believe there is no such thing as a canon ending in this game, but if I had to choose one it would be C. 

I've explained why several times, but to recap:

- There are post-story missions for Michael and Trevor (Mrs Philips and Epsilon missions - not sure if the Epsilon missions can be done before the story is complete, but I recall reading they're only available after the story).

- Most people will have become attached to all of the characters in one way or another. Losing one would remove something meaningful from the game.

- It's really only possible to buy all of the properties after the story... so, what happens to the Michael and Trevor-specific properties if they're dead? They can't be purchased. Oops. 

- Goto 10. 

- Run.

C. It's the only option that makes sense. 

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

C Is canon, r* said it and it is even in the official artwork.

Enough bullsh*t. You'll see in the next story DLC that all 3 will be alive.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

C Is canon, r* said it 

Source? I thought they hadn't confirmed any of them as canon. 

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

C Is canon, r* said it 

Why did you cut the rest of the post? It was answered in the questions section r* and I said it's in the official artwork too, not killing michael nor trevor.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

C Is canon, r* said it 

Why did you cut the rest of the post? It was answered in the questions section r* and I said it's in the official artwork too, not killing michael nor trevor.

I cut it because it wasn't relevant to my follow up question. So... where's this source then? 

Link would be better than just saying it was confirmed again. 

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by Raavi, 13 January 2014 - 05:38 PM.

actual_1356731693.jpg

STFU. R* says it through the artwork.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Yeah... that's not an official statement of confirmation, but whatever, you're clearly not going to bust out that source. 

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yeah... that's not an official statement of confirmation, but whatever, you're clearly not going to bust out that source. 

It is.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

It is.

OK, fair enough. There's clearly no arguing with you on this one, you've decided it's fact. (And hey, as you may have noticed, I support C as the most likely choice anyway... would just like to see it confirmed).

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

It is.

OK, fair enough. There's clearly no arguing with you on this one, you've decided it's fact. (And hey, as you may have noticed, I support C as the most likely choice anyway... would just like to see it confirmed).

Future DLC announcement:

"New story DLC coming featuring the adventures of Micheal, Trevor and Franklin"

Something along these lines when the content creator was released.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

It is.

Future DLC announcement:

Doesn't say what point in the game it's at though... could be pre-story, could be mid story. I expect it to be pre-story, to give a bit more background to each character (18 mandatory yoga missions for Michael, plz)

nextonex
  • nextonex

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

All 3 of GTA V's endings suffered from a dose of laziness. None of them seemed to stand out compared to Vice City or San Andreas. Except for A. Which is in my opinion, the best and canon ending in GTA V.

First off, let me start by saying I picked C because I wanted every character to survive, not because it was the best one (in fact it was the worst, but I'll get to that in a moment.

Throughout the game, Trevor was always the weak link. He was the main reason the FIB was in Michaels ass for half the game. He was the reason why Merryweather was such a big threat throughout the story. He was the reason Michaels family was almost killed. If Michael and Franklin had the guts, Trevor would be 6 ft under long ago.

Lets put this into perspective. When we're introduced to Franklin, we see a young and ambitious street hustler making the most out of his life. When we're introduced to Michael, we see a successful and rich family man. When we're introduced to Trevor, we see a deadbeat alcoholic that lives in a trailer. Which one seems to have the least to lose? Trevor even admits to having a worthless life. In "Bury the Hatchet" we can see Trevor being suicidal, asking Michael to pull the trigger on him when he finds out one of the only people who care about him is dead. We also see him breaking down when he has Patricia stripped away from him and finds out his Mum was only a part of his imagination.

I feel like the 3 endings have a similar style to "Blood Brothers" in GTA IV. You clip the useless druggie, or the double crossing yet successful man. No matter how much you dislike a man, the influence he has plays a greater role than how much of a dick he is. Would you assassinate the president because you thought he was a dick?

In the final mission we see Devin pressuring us to kill Michael. Now, let me ask you this. Who had the stronger bond? Trevor and Franklin, or Franklin and Michael? To be honest I didn't see much bonding between Trevor and Franklin at all. When Michael and Franklin first meet, we see Michael rise out of the backseat pointing a gun at Franklins temple, forcing him to drive through his bosses window. We then see them meet up for a beer, only to be interrupted by Jimmy's antics where they must work together for the first time. When Trevor and Franklin first meet, they shake hands. Who do you think has the stronger bond? Also note that Devin Weston, ONE rich scumbag is asking you to kill Michael. The FIB, a whole government agency, is asking you to kill Trevor. It wouldn't really be a hard decision if you ask me.

Now lets run through the endings. Ending B is where you kill Michael. Now this is a plain dick move right here. Coming from the fact that Devin never even payed you for risking your life to steal a couple of cars. (Same could go for the FIB, but just because one douchebag government agent told you to doesn't mean the rest of the FIB agrees with him) I mentioned before that Michael and Franklin have a special bond. It just doesn't make sense for a friendship like that to end so abruptly. When Franklin is about to kill Michael he has the option of dropping him off the edge or pulling him up. If you pull him up he still jumps down for some reason. After Michael is killed, Franklin walks away, talking on his phone for 10 seconds, then the credits roll.

Ending C means all 3 protagonists survive - Hurrah! Too bad it's one of the most plot hole ridden, rushed and boring endings in GTA. We first see Trevor and Michael arguing (Wow what a suprise) and they invite the rest of the Merryweather crew to their party so they can kill the rest of them off - wait what? I thought Merryweather was a huge private army? How they hell can they kill off a damn private army? After that, Trevor Frank and Mikey have one last conference. They tie up all loose ends. IN ONE GOD DAMN MISSION. They decide to kill off everyone that would get in their way. So you kill off some Asian bloke who lead this gang and also kidnapped Michael, too bad this wasn't used for a seperate mission where you could have a Chinese gang war or something. That stretch dude from the warehouse shootout, also had great potential for a gang war related mission, Steve Haines, one of the weakest antagonists in GTA history, and finally we kidnap Devin, take him beside a cliff where we watch the sunset peak over the horizon and finally push him off the edge. You know, I don't really mind that final scene, it's quite badass. But after you kill a government agent, a gangster surrounded by bloodthirsty ballers, and an Asian gang leader without a scratch in less than 2 hours (game time) , and then proceed to live a normal life afterwards with nobody on your tail or wanting to kill you, it doesn't really make much sense.

Now, for the canon ending. In this mission you chase Trevor until he skids into a gas tank where he falls out and lies in a pool of gas, waiting for the gas to ignite and setting him ablaze by either Franklin or Michael. Afterwards Michael and Trevor have a deep chat for a minute or so. You see, this ending has a moral. Your can distinguish who your true friends are just by the bond you have and not by how long you've known each other. You also might need to sacrifice those who don't have much to lose to save yourself and your loved ones.

So those are my thoughts on the endings of GTA V. What do you think?

TL;DR: Ending A is canon and the other 2 are horse sh*t.

I agree with most of what you are saying except for the part about Trevor being the reason for all the problems Michael had. Michael is the reason he had all the problems. It all started when he and Franklin pulled down the house in the hills, that's why they had to do the first heist, to pay him off, and that lead to his catchphrase being on the news and Trevor finding out he was alive. 

I don't think we can say for sure what ending is cannon until we know more about when/where the DLC takes place. 

Therealvilla
  • Therealvilla

mass murderer

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

The FIB were up Michael's ass because he got busted or found out by the FIB prior to Ludendorff and took the snitches way out. I don't think it's ever directly stated how Michael gets involved with the FIB prior to the prologue so someone correct me if I missed something.It seemed to be implied that he got found out in one way or another. That's usually how they get you to roll when you get busted. They say "well you can do the time, or they can do the time and you can get off easy". Instead of taking the heat and getting busted/doing his own time he decided it would be better to roll over on his crew(Trevor, Brad, and the Driver - forgot his name). The way it was supposed to go was that they all got busted, put away for life, and Michael would walk scott free and Davey would take care of him in exchange for making his career off the crew. But sh*t went south, Brad and the driver got shot, Michael pretended to get shot and Trevor made it out alive.

Trevor was the best character. The most original, entertaining, and genuinely a well developed character. He had a F'd up upbringing, was betrayed by his only real friend(Michael). And went bat sh*t crazy after he discovered Micheal's betrayal.

Like him or not Trevor was WAAAAY better than Michael or Franklin.

I chose Opt C because I wanted to keep all 3 alive because despite Michael being a snitch he is worth playing. But really I preferred the option to kill Michael.

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Option C is the only one that ties up ALL the loose ends.  It's the only one that lets you complete the game 100%.  

It's obviously canon.  

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by Zodape, 13 January 2014 - 10:37 PM.

It is.

Future DLC announcement:

Doesn't say what point in the game it's at though... could be pre-story, could be mid story. I expect it to be pre-story, to give a bit more background to each character (18 mandatory yoga missions for Michael, plz)
It actually says "continuing the unexpected adventures of M,F,T...'. That sounds post-story to me.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Another useless thread with many words useless. Didn't even read, title says it all.

I know it's a harsh comment but it must be said.

C ending is canon. It's so obvious..

Justicescooby
  • Justicescooby

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by Justicescooby, 13 January 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Stupid stupid stupid!!!  There were 3 endings.... which means there is no CANON ending

That is not necessarily true. I've seen other games that contain end-game choices that had a canon ending (Star Wars; Knights of the old Republic series)

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

For all those people sayin roman is really dead, He's not he's clearly living under the sea inside that hatch asking anyone who comes close enough to go bowling

And ending C is most likely canon, I'm convinced half the people who have posted A or B as the canon ending don't fully understand what a canon ending is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users