Ending A was Canon [SPOILERS]

137 replies to this topic
nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

did you know that when you hesitate to kill trevor when trevor is in the puddle of gas, michael will say "damn it kid" and pull out his pistol and shoot his gun? then trevor burns, franklin says "that was your best f*cking friend!" and the scene plays exactly how it was if frank shoots him

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I still think my point is being missed. 

If ending C isn't canon, why did they make side missions that appear after completing the story for characters that can, potentially, die? 

Are there other after-story side missions when choosing the other endings? I don't care about them being side missions and not story related, the point is they're happening after the story, when a character could/should be dead.

I still don't believe that mean anything significant.
If you pick ending A or B, side missions by Trevor or Michael are not required for 100%. If a character is dead, that means that those side missions don't exist. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say to be honest.
Edit: Just read your above comment. Certain side missions are unlocked throughout the game, that certain one is just unlocked after the story is completed and Trevor survives.

I really thought I'd been clear, sorry if I wasn't. 

If ending C is not canon, why does Trevor have a mission that only opens after he 'should' have died? 

I suspect he was supposed to survive, as indicated by him being the only character that gets a minor update to his character progression. 

Franklin also gets the mission

Spoiler
after the story is completed.

That's after completing all of his S&F missions, right? So, potentially, it could happen before the end mission? I'm asking, not telling, by the way. 

Michael also gets the Epsilon missions. Are they only available after completing the story?

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

That's after completing all of his S&F missions, right?

After the 100% completion of the game, yes.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

If ending C isn't canon, why did they make side missions that appear after completing the story for characters that can, potentially, die? 

Are there other after-story side missions when choosing the other endings? I don't care about them being side missions and not story related, the point is they're happening after the story, when a character could/should be dead.

I still don't believe that mean anything significant.
If you pick ending A or B, side missions by Trevor or Michael are not required for 100%. If a character is dead, that means that those side missions don't exist. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say to be honest.
Edit: Just read your above comment. Certain side missions are unlocked throughout the game, that certain one is just unlocked after the story is completed and Trevor survives.

I really thought I'd been clear, sorry if I wasn't. 

If ending C is not canon, why does Trevor have a mission that only opens after he 'should' have died? 

I suspect he was supposed to survive, as indicated by him being the only character that gets a minor update to his character progression. 

Fair enough. But that doesn't give much evidence to it being the canon ending IMO.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

That's after completing all of his S&F missions, right?

After the 100% completion of the game, yes.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. 

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

In fact, you've made a good point

C isn't canon, it simply means that there are no happy endings in any case, just like in real life
Trevor's mom scene is the best of all times in GTA franchise in Our supreme opinion, and very well played

TheSoda
  • TheSoda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

personally i dont think any of the endings are canon because it depends on the players

mikey and trevor wont return in future gta's because they die in said endings (Except for C), just like what Rockstar said about not returning roman because he dies in an ending, should the players make the deal with dimitri

• xxRichter likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

tl;dr

I disagree. If any were Canon it would be C.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Ending A and B make no sense because Either devin or haines would still want the other protag dead

This.

Also, here's my OBJECTION post, 

while it's true that, Franklin and Trevor shook hands when they first met,

and that Michael and Franklin were meant to drink a beer,

Do you really expect Franklin or Trevor to ask the other guy for a beer in a situation where they were meant to do a job for the FIB??

I don't think that Franklin would cap Trevor either, he helped him out in some situations, they were friendly, they just didn't know eachother so well. Also, Franklin expected Michael to find him a new job, that is the only reason he went to Michael's house. He wasn't exactly over there for 'Beer'.

Now, that you said 'How can they proceed with normal lives with Merryweather, Chinese mobsters and Ballas on their asses?'

Well, you see, Merryweather's reputation gets a lot of negativity and they lose their permission to 'protect the country',

The Ballas wouldn't give so much sh*t considering many things like that happen in the gangs, Stretch wasn't a high-ranked, member so he's just a lost Homie to them,

And the Chinese, well, you take down the boss and have a chance to take down his son, not to mention that you can even just kill everyone with sticky bombs and then kill his son and disappear with no evidence of who killed him.

The boss was down, his goons are powerless.

TL'DR: Endings A and B are pig sh*t.

• carl turtle likes this

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by j.hunt, 21 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

A and B made no sense to me being able to choose C.

hooma
  • hooma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

A is what every real person would do, but C is the picture perfect movie ending: the good guys win, their worries are gone, and they ride off into the sunset.
B is just a dick move.

I did B so hard I was so fupping sick of michael's whiney ass

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

What the f*ck is "canon" and why is everybody using that term today?

f*cking sheep the lot of yee.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by spamtackey, 21 November 2013 - 06:23 PM.

What the f*ck is "canon" and why is everybody using that term today?

f*cking sheep the lot of yee.

Canon is a term used to describe events in a story that absolutely happened. For instance, the events in GTA III marketing state that a policeman accidentally dumped hot fat on 8-Ball's hands, which is why they were burned. However, this marketing is non-canon (basically: it is an event that did not truly happen) and Rockstar later showed us in GTA:A that a flamethrower is what burned 8-ball's hands which is canon (basically it is an event that did happen).

http://www.rockstarg...ree/story1.html - Original marketing. 

When people argue of the endings of GTA IV and GTA V they are trying to determine which ending actually happened. In truth, Rockstar likely will never tell us which is the 'true' ending. 

• gevans81 likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Stupid stupid stupid!!!  There were 3 endings.... which means there is no CANON ending

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Ending A can't be canon because the Multiplayer is set a few months after the main storyline and Trevor is still alive.

Everything that happens online is before the single player storyline and only before. If you want proof, go to Frankling high end apartment. None of his stuff is there.

im pretty sure he lived in a high end house

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I agree with everything you said except for what you said about Steve Haines, I really hated him when first introduced, but looking back he was my favourite character, I always had a great laugh anytime he showed up, Underbelly of Paradise is great aswell! Steve f*ckin Haines

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Canon is A or B - Michael & Trevor are the main antagonists of the game. its up the player/individual  to decide which one you think is the main antagonist. 

Steve Haines/Devin Weston = Jimmy Pegorino the 2nd Antagonist of the game

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't know why Franklin never even stopped to consider Lester's initial suggestion of, "Kill them both."

Honestly, that idea makes the most sense.

• fac316 likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Stupid stupid stupid!!!  There were 3 endings.... which means there is no CANON ending

they had too offer you C cause they gave you the mult player option for the game, they cant take that away. But option C couldve easily been put into the game as the prior mission or ending of the big heist mission.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

...waiting for the gas to ignite and setting him ablaze by either Franklin or Michael. Afterwards Michael and Trevor have a deep chat for a minute or so.

Really? Trevor has a deep chat with Michael after he is lit on fire? :panic:

• universetwisters likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

The4orTy67, on 21 Nov 2013 - 3:33 PM, said:

The story doesn't make much sense.

/Thread

Closed.

Just because your brain is tiny and cannot comprehennd it doesnt mean it makes no sense .

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have a bone to pick with your statement regarding Trevor being the one endangering Michael's family in the story. Devin Weston owns stock in Merryweather, and Michael made a fool of Weston through the movie fiasco and the loss of Molly. Trevor's interfering with Merryweather's business of course wouldn't help the situation. Merryweather is a private army- perhaps a better description is mercenaries, who are private soldier with no official affiliation with anyone but themselves. soldiers to the highest bidder. hence, without Trevor, an attack on Michael by them is still very much feasible. As for ending C, the explanation I would come up with is simply the losses Merryweather incurs would not be worth pursuing them further. The cost outweighs the benefits in that case. Economics.

Spoiler
That, combined with the catastrophic losses incurred is a logical enough reason for me for Merryweather to stop pursuing the protagonists. If any of these endings could be considered canon, C has the best shot. It does what it can to tie up loose ends (though they could have done it more masterfully) as well as allowing the player to continue to work towards 100% completion.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

The4orTy67, on 21 Nov 2013 - 3:33 PM, said:

The story doesn't make much sense.

/Thread

Closed.

Just because your brain is tiny and cannot comprehennd it doesnt mean it makes no sense .
Wow how'd you know?

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

C is canon, end of the story.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

I always thought option C was the cannon one. I mean, it had it's own artwork. I haven't seen artwork for Trevor waddling about in gasoline or Michael falling off a water tower

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

As for the timing of online, I've heard its set before and I gather there's evidence in terms of story mode safe houses (Trevor living in Sandy Shores, Franklins second safe house looking unoccupied) but I haven't checked all that myself - can we get into the strip club office for example?

What I have seen is that the internet shows news stories relating to story mode progress, ever since I first logged on in online I've seen a story related to the latest assassination mission I've done in story mode... But time in a multiplayer, continuous, online world is a tricky thing anyway - Lamar must spend most of his life driving to and from the airport meeting newly arrived life invader friends, for a start...

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 22 November 2013 - 01:54 AM.

I'd find it hard to think C wasn't canon, it was much longer and more fleshed out than A and B despite seeming like a fantasy, it allows 100% completion, and there is even artwork for it.

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Ending A can't be canon because the Multiplayer is set a few months after the main storyline and Trevor is still alive.

its set before dumbass

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

To be honest, whether Online is set before of after the story, it's non-canon overall anyway. And with the endings, they're exactly like the two endings from IV, neither is canon since it would just make one decision less valid than another.

Except the ending where Roman lives is cannon, because he is alive during V.

How is Roman still alive? Don't bring up that stupid Lifeinvader page that anyone most likely his cousin or wife setup to remember Roman afterwards. 

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

There is no canon ending and there will (probably) not be one ever.

None of the endings made sense to me really. Option A and B means that Franklin just sold his friends out to the main antagonists of the story, but then the antagonists are still at large and Franklin/the remaining character is now 'back to normal'? What?

Option C is too happy. Call it stupid, but the game shouldn't have ended with all 3 characters surviving. One should have taken the bullet and disappeared but not in the way Rockstar set it up. The endings were WAY too rushed to be honest. Your choices are very bad (or one is very good) and there's only one obvious option that someone will choose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users