Photo

7th star

17 replies to this topic
Jack...
  • Jack...

Firearms and adrenaline!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by Jack..., 21 November 2013 - 09:18 AM.

I have absolutely no idea at all how to make this happen. I assume that the max number of stars is heavily hardcoded but are there some other ways to make that happen for exmpl some sort of modeling. Btw I need it for my VC mod where Hunter attacks you with missiles and that's the third mod I've made for 6th star so it's kind of boring to put so much stuff in the 6th star - I need an extra star :). How dificult that would be?

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Well I don't think it would be possible anyhow as it is hardcoded.I have tried it several times to increase the no. of stars but failed !!! :p 

xNCx
  • xNCx

formerly known as krasiejow

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Have you checked some memory addresses? There was one for showing wanted stars, but I doubt you can go above 6. Anyway, you can always script a seventh star and just add some crazy on screen effects to inform the player that he just reached the 7th star.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm pretty sure it would be possible to create a star image and display it on screen at the 7th level, maybe create an image of a line of 7 stars and display this on top of the hardcoded stars.

Obviously it would be tedious to keep checking if you have the positions correct.

I know it's possible to display images in SA, not so sure about VC.

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Have you checked some memory addresses? There was one for showing wanted stars, but I doubt you can go above 6. Anyway, you can always script a seventh star and just add some crazy on screen effects to inform the player that he just reached the 7th star.

Well yeah I already checked that but still we can't reach more than 6 normally but I think ChopTheDog's idea might be applied but just wanted to know at how to check whether we deserve the 7th star or not ? 

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Suggestions for what to come once you reach the 7th star :

-Empty Streets : No traffic,No peds

-Police cruisers,HPVs,Rangers,Police and News Mavericks no longer spawn

-Weaker Law Enforcers such as police officers no longer spawn

-A raindance with a sniping soldier on one of its sides

-Roadblocks set up with S.W.A.T. Tanks or FBI trucks

-Make SWAT troops spawn in an FBI Truck instead of the Enforcer(someone should make the FBI truck a 4-seater cause its a 2 seater) and make it bulletproof.

-Law Enforcement troops with higher durability(Max health and armor)

-Any bridges that lead the way out of the city you're in,will be blocked with Rhinos

-Black Sanchezes/Bf-400s with 2 FBI/SWAT troops on them wielding MP5s or Micro SMGs while one of its occupants will perform a drive-by

-Ped IDs 163 to 166(MIB agents and bouncers) drive a High-Performance car or a black Huntley / Burrito wielding powerful weapons such as the Desert Eagle or Combat Shotty.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:45 AM Edited by aStiffSausage, 22 November 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Maybe use something like this?

:WantedLevelCheck
WAIT 0
0A8D: 0@ = read_memory 0xB7CD9C size 4 virtual_protect 0
IF
0@ > 7000 // "Pissed off"-counter for police.
THEN
// Wanted level 7
ELSE JUMP @WantedLevelCheck
END

Untested, values got from here.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well yeah I already checked that but still we can't reach more than 6 normally but I think ChopTheDog's idea might be applied but just wanted to know at how to check whether we deserve the 7th star or not ? 

Well you could check if the player is at the 6th star plus another condition, something like:

If Player is at 6th star and destroyed tank. = 7th star

or

If Player is at 6th star and killed a specific number of cops. = 7th star

If those conditions are true then apply the 7th star script.

After that all you need to do is add some checks to end the 7th star script.

Quite simple, no?

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Well you could check if the player is at the 6th star plus another condition, something like:

or

Quite simple, no?

Just find anyone who is ready to script all that

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

or

Quite simple, no?

In all fairness it wouldn't be that difficult.

Jack...
  • Jack...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by Jack..., 22 November 2013 - 11:21 AM.

My grandmother for exmpl could make that scrypt. 7th star condition check is not a problem. 
I've started this topic because I just can't create an extra star on the screen. And I say again - I need it for VC - not SA. I've tried 038D in the past but no matter what I do, this opcode (which is as far as I know the only one that could draw something on the VC screen) is crashing the game - :
038D: draw_texture 1 position 0@ 1@ 2@ size 3@ 4@ RGBA 128 128 128 255 // never used in VC

never used in VC
However - Ashwin once told me that he used that opcode plenty of time in VC.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

My grandmother for exmpl could make that scrypt. 7th star condition check is not a problem. 
I've started this topic because I just can't create an extra star on the screen. And I say again - I need it for VC - not SA. I've tried 038D in the past but no matter what I do, this opcode (which is as far as I know the only one that could draw something on the VC screen) is crashing the game - :
038D: draw_texture 1 position 0@ 1@ 2@ size 3@ 4@ RGBA 128 128 128 255 // never used in VC

never used in VC
However - Ashwin once told me that he used that opcode plenty of time in VC.

Are you using that opcode in a loop?

Jack...
  • Jack...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Loop or not - scmlog reports crash at 038D every time I use it in the code of any kind.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Loop or not - scmlog reports crash at 038D every time I use it in the code of any kind.

Have you got a snippet of how you use 038D?

Jack...
  • Jack...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

{$CLEO}
0000: 

while true
   wait 0
   03F0: enable_text_draw 1 
   038D: draw_texture 1 position 20.0 20.0 size 20.0 20.0 RGBA 255 255 255 255
end
The code doesn't actually have a purpose - I've made it just for testing the opcode.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 22 November 2013 - 11:46 AM.

You're drawing a texture, which was never been loaded, why?
Plus, it's better to use my scm functions to draw textures in gta3 or vc.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

{$CLEO}
0000: 

while true
   wait 0
end
The code doesn't actually have a purpose - I've made it just for testing the opcode.

As far as I can see you haven't gave 038D a texture to draw.

The 1 after "Draw_texture" is the texture to draw.

Try setting a texture using:

038F: load_texture "DOWN" as 1

Replace "DOWN" with the TXD name.

Example:

{$CLEO}
0000: 

038F: load_texture "DOWN" as 1

:1
wait 0 
jump @1

Jack...
  • Jack...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Jack..., 22 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.

You're drawing a texture, which was never been loaded, why? Plus, it's better to use my scm functions to draw textures in gta3 or vc.

Sorry, I've made that code a long time ago. Now I remember - I was using it for a sniper scope but the game crashed when loading a txd dictionary:

{$CLEO .cs}
thread 'SITE' 

:START
0390: load_txd_dictionary 'HUD'
038F: load_texture 'SITESNI' as 1 

:CHECK
wait 0
if and
00E1: key_pressed 0 6  
02D8: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR current_weapon == 25
else_jump @CHECK
038D: draw_texture 1 position 320.0 240.0 size 10.0 10.0 RGBA 255 255 255 255
jump @CHECK
Maybe I shoud update my VCSCM.ini file - there're no opcodes 0390 and 038F in the sanny search opcodes.

EDIT: After the update it all worked including 038D. Now I can continue with my work. Thanks for the tip about the modeling ChopTheDog (or should I say the_sorrow).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users