Quantcast

» «
Photo

Getting killed cause i am a female gamer?

423 replies to this topic
DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Bigger question..... why do so many houses have an Xbox in the kitchen?

Seems like it would just be a distraction.

thats gold

306305-the-footy-show.jpg

i guess only aussies (and maybe kiwis) will understand the picture

• 2mlg4u and UnicornAssassin like this

JustBlaze_
  • JustBlaze_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yes, i have a mic. But it is not on in GTA chat only in private xbox party. I know that a lot of people getting killed, but i get moreover some bad messages in my in Game phone. I am really passive player, i don´t shoot on players first. It is just frustrating cause i can´t leave garage sometimes.

Just check your mini map regularly and watch your back. Its obvious when people are trying to make a move so stay 2 steps ahead of them. If they wait outside of your garage then just walk out from your apartment door and not the garage door (Assuming you own an apartment) and go from there.

As far as messages go just ignore them, anything rude or bad someone has to say really isn't relevant and I wouldn't take it to heart.

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

@JustBlaze: Yeah, you are right. I just wanted to know, why it is like that, cause i love GTA Online very much. I never played a Multiplayer (besides Kinect) before. And i enjoy it very very much. 

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

@TWA: so i guess i have to change my gamertag, yeah. it is miss manuela 87. in kinect games there were no problems with that lol. 

Don't allow some idiots on a videogame force you to change your gamertag. They aren't worth it.
  • DMC14 likes this

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

@TWA: Yeah thats right. To be honest: GTA is my first Multiplayer game so i am a real Rookie in this topic. I didn´t even know what a "GamerTag" is, lol. 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yeah guys just love to give girls a hard time in GTAO. And yea it has something to do with you being a female, no doubt, because my male character friends don't get half as much sh*t as I do. I like it though, I will never take the first shot, but if they already shot me I can make their GTAO-lifes a living hell for a couple of hours :D  Usually they don't last long though :/

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Agreed. Don't take it to heart. It may seem like you're getting the brunt of attention but, really, it's pretty bleak all around. Ignore the messages, block em, mute em, etc. A ton of these trolls are just young kids who have nothing better to do than rile people up.  If it gets bad, don't hesitate to switch sessions.  Or, if you're in the mood, a couple shots to the head. c:

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

I didn´t even know what a "GamerTag" is, lol. 

Your "name" on Xbox.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:36 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 21 November 2013 - 09:37 AM.

@TWA: so i guess i have to change my gamertag, yeah. it is miss manuela 87. in kinect games there were no problems with that lol. 

It's just stupid to have "miss", "girl", "babe" and stuff in your gamer tag.. Its lame and it gives you a harder time with all the assholes

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Female on our crew is nuts. She got a good k/d ratio, always got bounties and 4 star wanted levels on her. She just goes into rampage mode as soon as she enters. She's good fun.
  • mupp3tz likes this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

yuo're mother putted her ass in my big dick :DDDD

retard confirmed.

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

@BuymetheMoon: I know, but i only play Kinect Multiplayer games until GTA came out, lol. 

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Silencer81
  • Silencer81

You like my MG?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Yes, i have a mic. But it is not on in GTA chat only in private xbox party. I know that a lot of people getting killed, but i get moreover some bad messages in my in Game phone. I am really passive player, i don´t shoot on players first. It is just frustrating cause i can´t leave garage sometimes.

Sinds patch 1.06 I have the feeling that everyone wants to kill you. Is it possible that a lot of idiots got out of the badsports? My wife gets some flirts in her phone. She plays with a hot purple car, so it's clear that she is a girl. The killing for her seems the same as for me. I play a girl avatar too.

NeoNegro
  • NeoNegro

Ronin

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Usually when this happens to me I try to kill them, no matter how long it takes. When I finally kill them, I run away, send them a message, e.g. "hahaha, bitch ass" Then I either join a random job or I accept a job invitation.

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Bigger question..... why do so many houses have an Xbox in the kitchen?

Seems like it would just be a distraction.

thats gold

306305-the-footy-show.jpg

i guess only aussies (and maybe kiwis) will understand the picture

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

f*ckin gold.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

i am an equal oportunity killer.

• takingbackkayls likes this

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

no my xbox is not in my kitchen, guys. stay cool. 

JustBlaze_
  • JustBlaze_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

@JustBlaze: Yeah, you are right. I just wanted to know, why it is like that, cause i love GTA Online very much. I never played a Multiplayer (besides Kinect) before. And i enjoy it very very much. 

Im not sure to be completely honest, I would say they are just immature or think you might be an easy target? Its not very often you see an obvious female gamer in most games (at least I don't) and the young teens and kids that play don't know how to handle it because their brain doesn't process it like an adults does.

Besides that there isnt much you can do, there will always be idiots and immature people in MP games so don't let it bother you. If somebody is really getting abusive or really bad just block them and find a new session.

Zonnex
  • Zonnex

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by Zonnex, 21 November 2013 - 10:06 AM.

As a dude playing as a female character online and no mic, I've been getting friend request, to "are you a girl", to some loyal knight trying to protect me during a bounty. I would take advantage, but no. I'm just a regular dude that is straight and loves babes. Plain simple.

I only made a female avatar since I wanted an excuse to play as a female character in a GTA game.

If GTAO has a both offline and online feature like Phantasy Star Online, then I would play as a female offline and male online.

Also, when I held my own by killing multiple people, one dude on the mic was like "yeah that's definitely a guy cuz no girls are that good". Really? I have encountered better female players since the arcades in the 90's to now. Talk about sexism much.

Anyhow, as for getting destroyed by other players, I doubt they kill you 'cause you're a girl. They also kill others as much for the hell of it. Although they complained when the tables are turned and tries to kick you.
  • AAR likes this

whatisthat
  • whatisthat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Sinds patch 1.06 I have the feeling that everyone wants to kill you. Is it possible that a lot of idiots got out of the badsports? My wife gets some flirts in her phone. She plays with a hot purple car, so it's clear that she is a girl. The killing for her seems the same as for me. I play a girl avatar too.

i play with a hot pink cheetah and i get kill as much as when i play with my black SandKing XL. I play in a male avatar too. so no, its just that lots of people on GTAO are under-age and think they are gangsters and go round killing everyone on sight.

i just created my second character as a female and i got killed 5 times just on my way to the complete all my training mission BS. but then that is just in that specified lobby and by the same "gangster". 

Silencer81
  • Silencer81

You like my MG?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

i play with a hot pink cheetah and i get kill as much as when i play with my black SandKing XL. I play in a male avatar too. so no, its just that lots of people on GTAO are under-age and think they are gangsters and go round killing everyone on sight.

i just created my second character as a female and i got killed 5 times just on my way to the complete all my training mission BS. but then that is just in that specified lobby and by the same "gangster".

Pre-patch 1.06 only half tried to kill you, but now it's more lik 9/10 wants to kill you. It just feels like something changed with patch 1.06 for me. The patch notes mention a change in badsports so it is possible that a lot got released or something. Finding people to join jobs/races also seem to have changed, but will have to tryout further tonight.

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Ahm yes. The point is, that when i have put on my mic and everyone hears that i am a real girl they shoot me more than without mic. So i have only xbox parties with friends on xbox live and no gamer chat with mic,. i don´t survive these in game chats more tahn 5 minutes lol. 

Silencer81
  • Silencer81

You like my MG?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Ahm yes. The point is, that when i have put on my mic and everyone hears that i am a real girl they shoot me more than without mic. So i have only xbox parties with friends on xbox live and no gamer chat with mic,. i don´t survive these in game chats more tahn 5 minutes lol.

My wife doesn't use a mic, so can't compare that. It sounds like frustrated teens to me. :(

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by GTALegion, 21 November 2013 - 10:16 AM.

I find it interesting that is a guy comes out here saying the same thing oh no somebody spawn kills me over and over that they get sh*tted on. But when a girl does this everybody comes in all white knights a blazing.

lol Solving sexism with more sexism.
  • StormerBoy, L33TxFuSIoN and Ylerion like this

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by GTA_Girl84, 21 November 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Don't allow some idiots on a videogame force you to change your gamertag. They aren't worth it.
exactly!!

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by Miss Manuela 87, 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM.

@GTALegion:

No i think the users of GTA Forum are intelligent, and therefore we have such a great discussion about the topic. I am feeling better, cause many of the replies are very gentle and intelligent. Thank you guys for that. 

@GTAgirl: You guys are right, i don´t change my Gamertag. 

• WinterEdit likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yep, my experience too. Party chat only, haha

Miss Manuela 87
  • Miss Manuela 87

GTA 5 is so cool

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

@buythemoon: Oh yes, you are right lol 

ItsTotesSoFluffy
  • ItsTotesSoFluffy

Zombie

• Members

I don't get killed, most wanna team up and play together, not kill me.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

@GTALegion:

No i think the users of GTA Forum are intelligent, and therefore we have such a great discussion about the topic. I am feeling better, cause many of the replies are very gentle and intelligent. Thank you guys for that. 

@GTAgirl: You guys are right, i don´t change my Gamertag. 

Oh, I'm glad your experience was pleasant, I truly am. I'm just amazed that when a guy comes on here, complaining about people killing them, everyone just lights the fires and grabs their pitchforks. It's kind of a weird double standard is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users