Photo

Driving

9 replies to this topic
Vanjingle
  • Vanjingle

Assistant Regional Manager

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

I've never consistently played GTA IV, it's like the only GTA that I've skipped. One of the reasons why I never got around to it was because of the driving mechanics. Everything felt slow motion, like driving speeds were dropped or something I don't know. Anyone else feel like this?

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

nope. driving feels great. cars actually have momentum on IV, rather than feeling like toy cars.
  • lazy. likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I have my gripes with IV's handling, most forgettable though, but my biggest is the sense of speed. Yeah the acceleration in some cars was nice, but all of the top speeds were underwhelmingly slow. If that could've been fixed, I think IV's driving would be perfect for me. Would've loved it in V instead of that incredibly easy, half-assed crap we have now.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

I have my gripes with IV's handling, most forgettable though, but my biggest is the sense of speed. Yeah the acceleration in some cars was nice, but all of the top speeds were underwhelmingly slow. If that could've been fixed, I think IV's driving would be perfect for me. Would've loved it in V instead of that incredibly easy, half-assed crap we have now.

That's quite funny you say that because, even though the sense of speed is greater in V, it is actually a lot more difficult to reach the top speed of the vehicles in GTA V. In IV the sense of speed is awful but it is entirely possible to reach the limits of the top cars. (351 km/h, I think. I dunno what it is in mph)

• Scaglietti likes this

BustingDoors
  • BustingDoors

Bach

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

To everyone who didn't like the easy driving:

You must've had one mission in IV where the driving messed you up. There's loads of car chase missions in 4, but the way the cars moved screwed me over 1/2 the time. 

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

You think IV driving is slow? We must have somthing in common because V driving I think is way to fast and more saints row III ish than gta

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I think driving mechanism in GTA IV is far better than in earlier GTA's for example San Andreas or other series games e.g. Saints Row 3.
Haven't played V yet. Still waiting for PC release and hopefully it comes available as a Steam game.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

GTAIV had more fun car physics, but the steering was awful and yes the acceleration was minimal on everything.

I think the driving in GTAV is nearly perfect and very realistic. I would tweak the physics a tiny but but that's all.

bigkinglos
  • bigkinglos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

driving feels the same and if anything its more realistic

ThePantsTent
  • ThePantsTent

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by ThePantsTent, 04 January 2014 - 03:52 AM.

To fully enjoy the driving mechanics of gta IV, the use of the handbrake and continuous rotation of the camera is essential. The driving is way too easy and forgiving in V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users