Quantcast

» «
Photo

why arent trains drivable or derailable ?

44 replies to this topic
Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

You can blow it up online. I've done it with a buzzard. It just stops and turns black though

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Just Rockstar being lazy, a text file for the train shows quite a lot of extensive detail as to what it can do, the carriages would rumble, stop at stations, announce the station, have lights in the coaches, have pedestrians inside, have the doors beep, and more, but I assume they cut it so they can scam you with DLC, or just scrapped it and threw in flatbeds and box carriages. I don't know if this is 100% true, I'm just going by game data files, but no other GTA game had such a system (train-wise, not subway-wise). Can the train even become a dynamic object? If so, PC mods can make it de-rail, it does have a handling line anyway (all scripted vehicles do though).

You mention coaches, do you mean the tram or did they cut a full sized passenger train?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

You mention coaches, do you mean the tram or did they cut a full sized passenger train?

Passenger train.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Why is it that the mechanics exist to drive it one mission yet they're completely unenterable in free-roam? So much for "freedom".

• AlexL likes this

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Passenger train.
I was hoping for a passenger train, but now that it seems they cut it I hope it returns later in a DLC

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

I was hoping for a passenger train, but now that it seems they cut it I hope it returns later in a DLC

I am almost sure it will be, tho it should have been included in the game from the start.

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Was there any files that could help tell what the train looked like?

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

Bugs the hell out of me that the cargobob has no effect against a train.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by 2281, 27 November 2013 - 03:58 AM.

More importantly, why can't I catch a bus? The buses seem to follow set routes... so why can't I use one?

OH GOD, ANOTHER FLAW. LET'S BURN R*'s HOUSES DOWN. 

The buses do not follow set routes. They roam around aimlessly as every other vehicle. If there just so happens to be a bus stop on their "route", they'll stop.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Passenger train.

Assuming this was ever intended to be in the game, it must have been cut very early in development. After all, Union Station is not even in the game.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by -=Bert=-, 27 November 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Passenger train.

Why would you want it as DLC? DLC is a scam, you shouldn't find it acceptable to pay for cut content. They should give it to us for free.

Oh, to those who are interested in looking at the train data, you can find it in common\data\levels\gta5\trains.xml

There's also another file called traintracks.xml in the same place, it lists the trains speed and breaking distance (probably at a station), what annoys me is how "StopAtStations" is only on "true" for multiplayer. Why do trains only stop at stations in multiplayer? I'm a single player only gamer, and all we get is some generic train that follows a scripted path non-stop. One other thing, what exactly does Rockstar mean by "isPingPongTrack"? Every train line has it on false, but I don't get what it means...

• AlexL likes this

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

There are free DLC. Getting it later is still better than never getting it. To me it seems that they cut some stuff so they wouldn't have to delay the game again and are planning on releasing it sometime in the future. But I do agree we shouldn't have to pay for what's already there/ what was there.

arseneh
  • arseneh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Official answer: :lol:

All train are now controlled / drove by computer by operation center. So even you kill the driver, you still can't drive the train/tram...

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

not even the tram is derailable

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

I've seen the trains derail in GTAO. Dunno how it happened as I was the only player in a crew only session. I suspect it was another bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users