Quantcast

» «
Photo

why arent trains drivable or derailable ?

44 replies to this topic
rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

:)

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Because R* is lazy!  (Especially because its possible in a mission.)

In the video below, the actual train driving features are shown:

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

i know its drivable in one Sion ive beaten the story , they were mentioned to be drivable in free roam in early previews

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

Can you even get in the trains like in SA and even Red Dead (as a passenger)?

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

yes you can

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

yes you can

Subway trains, yes.
Freight trains, no.

The subway is quite useless since it goes slower than the train in RDR or the subways in .. GTA III (all the way up to ) GTA IV.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

You can derail them, i've done this a few times. You need to place stickies on the track or on a car that its gonna hit.

Also you can enter the train/or R* was working on this. As i've spawned myself in a train a few times 'modded' by replacing my current vehicle. However i wasn't able to move. When pressing /\ to exit he had an exit animation. However entering it again wasn't possible.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

But why do people want to drive them? Whats the fun in driving a train? I bet that people want that just because they can't

• Drake1212, D3ADSH0T and stjimmy3 like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

But why do people want to drive them? Whats the fun in driving a train? I bet that people want that just because they can't

A part of the fun is that the train is unstoppable, just hold the acceleration and laugh the cops trying to stop you :colgate:

• Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

I don't know. What is the fun in driving 20,000 tons of fuel fast enough to go off the track and blow up the nearby freeway? You tell me, since apparently you have never seen a train wreck.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

A part of the fun is that the train is unstoppable, just hold the acceleration and laugh the cops trying to stop you :colgate:

Haha, okay! That sounds a little fun though, I must admit :p

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

It was probably just a removed feature taken out to hit the release date, or the bugs knocked the framerate a bit.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Haha, okay! That sounds a little fun though, I must admit :p

It is fun, in San Andreas when you would reach a certain speed then the train would come of the tracks. That was pretty fun.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

It is fun, in San Andreas when you would reach a certain speed then the train would come of the tracks. That was pretty fun.

Myeah but the train had the weight of a piece of paper when it came off the tracks, would have been much more exciting if they let us derail the trains in GTA 5 with those physics from the mission.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

More importantly, why can't I catch a bus? The buses seem to follow set routes... so why can't I use one?

OH GOD, ANOTHER FLAW. LET'S BURN R*'s HOUSES DOWN. 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

More importantly, why can't I catch a bus? The buses seem to follow set routes... so why can't I use one?

Thanks for reminding me, another one added to the list!

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that people wanted the ability to catch a bus in the first place, catch buses in real life sucks, why would you want to do it in a game.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by Tashan, 21 November 2013 - 01:09 PM.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that people wanted the ability to catch a bus in the first place, catch buses in real life sucks, why would you want to do it in a game.

It might suck but if you keep comparing things in real life or typically that sounds boring/suck is not the best way to ignore it, esp. this is a GAME. there are couple of elements that people like while some not. In the end, it's not that tough to script a simple thing like this. Rockstar may have his reasons. But, that counts for quite a few players as "lacking"

• Osho likes this

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by -=Bert=-, 21 November 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Just Rockstar being lazy, a text file for the train shows quite a lot of extensive detail as to what it can do, the carriages would rumble, stop at stations, announce the station, have lights in the coaches, have pedestrians inside, have the doors beep, and more, but I assume they cut it so they can scam you with DLC, or just scrapped it and threw in flatbeds and box carriages. I don't know if this is 100% true, I'm just going by game data files, but no other GTA game had such a system (train-wise, not subway-wise). Can the train even become a dynamic object? If so, PC mods can make it de-rail, it does have a handling line anyway (all scripted vehicles do though).

• Murray Bunyan and AlexL like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by AlexL, 21 November 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Just Rockstar being lazy, a text file for the train shows quite a lot of extensive detail as to what it can do, the carriages would rumble, they would stop at stations, announce it, have lights in the coaches, have pedestrians inside, and have the doors beep, but I assume they cut it so they can scam you with DLC, or just scrapped it and threw in flatbeds and box carriages. I don't know if this is 100% true, I'm just going by game data files, but no other GTA game had such a system (train-wise, not subway-wise). Can the train even become a dynamic object? If so, PC mods can make it de-rail, it does have a handling line anyway (all scripted vehicles do anyway though).

Exactly.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Uh why would catching a bus be any worse than catching a taxi? More means of transportation is hardly a bad thing.

ahmadjufri
  • ahmadjufri

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Just Rockstar being lazy, a text file for the train shows quite a lot of extensive detail as to what it can do, the carriages would rumble, stop at stations, announce the station, have lights in the coaches, have pedestrians inside, have the doors beep, and more, but I assume they cut it so they can scam you with DLC, or just scrapped it and threw in flatbeds and box carriages. I don't know if this is 100% true, I'm just going by game data files, but no other GTA game had such a system (train-wise, not subway-wise). Can the train even become a dynamic object? If so, PC mods can make it de-rail, it does have a handling line anyway (all scripted vehicles do though).

console limitations.
It sounds odd to not allow a simple interaction available for that reason.
But, thats what one can guess for ..why? .. it did not work out in final release.
PC should have all (to many) restrictions put off.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

console limitations.

But, thats what one can guess for ..why? .. it did not work out in final release.

I don't see how that would affect the performance in such a way that it needs to be removed.

saptis
  • saptis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by saptis, 21 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

U can't drive them but u can jump on them and ride - that already makes much fun !

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Tashan, 21 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

console limitations.

I don't see how that would affect the performance in such a way that it needs to be removed.
But being lazy they skipped an immersion adding element is not a Developer like Rockstar does.
It's the sum of all such little cut-off stuff that basically goes in to giving the game a performance steady experience.
If the data files hint certain unused features missing then it's there in the game just not allowed to make in the actual gameworld.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

I have no desire to drive the train. It was fun in SA but V doesn't need this because you can hop on and RIDE it now. (Much better.)
  • stjimmy3 likes this

Hoobbee
  • Hoobbee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

In the desert storm mission you can blow it up

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Which platform was that game used on? The graphics on that look far better than the PS3 (the platform I use).

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

R* went lazy again.

Even in RDR there was a mission where you could control the train (I think), yet you can only be a passenger the rest of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users