Quantcast

» «
Photo

why is there so much hate for gta 5 in it's OWN section.

13 replies to this topic
pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

was consideirng putting this in gta 5 section but it has litreally nothing to do with gta 5. anyways wouldn't you think it would be the other way around. gta 5 fanboys and haters on the outside.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

The hate for the game becomes more visible on this site because it is a concentrated section of GTA fans and a lot of them don't like the game. But the majority of people who bought the game like it. Literally all the people I know in real life love the game.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Would you rather we hated on it outside its own section? Perhaps we could make a V bashing thread in the IV subforum... oh wait, it's probably already been done several times. Every section has probably seen "OMG this wuz soooooo better than v cockstar ruined EVRYTHING" threads by this point.

There are quite a few issues and annoying little things we like to complain about. Hence, we go to a section based on the game and complain there. Every GTA has issues and haters and there will always be room for criticism and whining. If you honestly think any of the GTAs was perfect you're looking at them through rose-colored glasses. There will always be reason and room to debate the negatives of the game.

• skills likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

The hate for the game becomes more visible on this site because it is a concentrated section of GTA fans and a lot of them don't like the game. But the majority of people who bought the game like it. Literally all the people I know in real life love the game.

And literally all the people I know hate the game and its online counterpart and have stopped playing it a few weeks ago. It really depends on your tastes.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by sethpenguin, 22 November 2013 - 02:28 AM.

GTA V seems to have a really mixed reception amongst fans.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I think a lot of people are pissed off by online glitches, a more restrictive Cop AI (or AS- Artificial Stupidity).missing features that probably should have carried over from other versions, the legacy of San Andreas not being matched in scope, Aggressive, twitchy citizens, a mural that seems to suggest the possibility of a hidden prize- but is so badly thrown together, nobody but a Rockstar employee who actually help throw it together, will ever understand it (and yet people will still insist it is brilliant),... I can go on. I think in the years preceding release, a lot of people got really jazzed by media reports about what might be... Rockstar loves to be mysterious, so it didn't stop wild rumors and to some extent has enjoyed the benefit of letting them grow... I think the game got blown out of proportion in peoples minds before it was released, and as soon as the magic wore off, a lot of fans became disappointed...  some rightly so, some for stupid reasons. 

Its a pretty,pretty game... a huge world with amazing scenery... but it is amazingly annoying at times.

I deliberately expected nothing and tried my best to only read what was reliable and trustworthy and very little of that... I like the game, but I'm still disappointed they didn't  improve certain things they should have... and I expected nothing really new.

• skills likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Meh it's not that much different to when GTA IV was released. The more vocal people are, the bigger impression there's more "hate". I don't think most "hate" it anyway. A lot seem to recognise it's a great game, but with flaws.

Most of the "haters" are conveniently people who signed up just before or after GTA V's release. The same thing happend with GTA IV. Can't comment on the GTAs as I've only been here since 2007.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well because some people, including me, are somewhat pissed. And what better place to discuss your dissatisfaction other than GTAForums? Games always receive criticism after release anyways. Example:
GTA IV - complaints about it being gloomy, not much content
GTA V - complaints about good things from IV being dropped, lots of half assed features, bugs
Forza Horizon - "this sh*t should be renamned NFS"
CoD - we all know the deal with that
Forza 5 - not enough tracks nor cars, graphics are a deprovement
Etc...

Those are the complaints I see. I get mad when people overreact about the complaints in the V section because common sense should tell them that people will be disappointed like with every other game. Not to mention V was a BIG game and so there will be a lot of haters even if they are the minority.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

As said before, this is a fansite, we take this game much more seriously than most others do. Not to mention a lot of people got their hopes up too much and expected the game to have everything. With that said, the game does indeed have some flaws, but so does any other game.
As far as the general public is concerned, V is the best thing since sliced bread.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

It's all a matter of opinion.  I hated on IV a lot but I love V.  It isn't without its flaws but to me it's the best GTA ever.  The main gripe that I have with it is it still has a bit of that nasty IV feeling lingering.  The one area GTA can always improve on is story and story structure.  I enjoyed the story of III and San Andreas more than the story of V, but V's story has three interlocking characters which to me makes it better. 

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

GTA IV - complaints about it being gloomy, not much content
GTA V - complaints about good things from IV being dropped, lots of half assed features, bugs

I agree with this. People will remember how great V was when VI will be released. Also of course there is much hate because fanbase is big and those who actually like game doesn't make topic "I like GTA V". Well at least most of them don't. People who want to complain will create threads.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

There will always be hate for GTA. But who cares, I love it.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by lol232, 03 December 2013 - 03:56 PM.

People who love the game enjoy playing it and don't waste time on any kind of forums (90%);
People who hate it just spam pointless bullsh*t on forums (9%);
And people like me who love the game but waste their time on forums arguing against stupid assholes bashing the game (1%).

My 2 cents.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think that haters try to see the bad things in the game, they will dig in deep not thinking about the good things and as soon as they find something flawed, they say it. Not only that, but V is compared constantly to SA and IV, which IMO is just a petty excuse to again, find bad things in V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users