Photo

Professional photographers + Snapmatic

3,192 replies to this topic
stobe187
  • stobe187

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Going from being locked to having 30k+ views and nearing almost a thousand posts blows my mind.

Thanks for all the love, and keep going for better and better shots!

• tom_p1980, B1T8 and xenorama like this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

The shine that is emitted from the Downtown skyline in Snapmatic filtered photos is really one of a kind

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• tom_p1980 likes this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

When I started playing, I honestly wasn't as impressed by the rain effects in V, as I was by those in IV. These snaps go a long way to proving i was wrong...

The mono filter ups the contrast a good deal, which really brings out the effect.

Tried to capture it myself, but without as much success. Big thumbs up to LSPD & MagzGTA, good shots of the dynamic impact of the downpour.

Not sure what the official name for this filter is, but it is my favorite. It looks nice and creates an old-ish style to pictures rather than the standard black and white

The olde worlde filter is Sepia, adds a nice aged feel to your snaps, especially in the more rural settings, could almost be RDR, if they didn't all have smartphones ;)

• MagzGTA likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

Going from being locked to having 30k+ views and nearing almost a thousand posts blows my mind.

No kidding, and so many of the photos are just jaw-dropping. Sure it's debatable whether or not video games are art, but it's not debatable that video games can be used to create art.

I have a question: Are the filters still available? Are they only usable online? I ask because I have never seen them available to me, not once, not even on Christmas. I see the meme text creation thingy but nothing else. I can always use Photoshop to recreate the filter effects, but that's no good.

I also read the DOF was only for selfies, but I saw at least one photo on here that had real DOF and it was definitely just a regular shot.

Thanks for any info, from anyone.

Also, I have been slacking on taking more contributions to this thread because I've been so busy over the holidays, and I've been toying around with a save editor when I do play... HOWEVER, I can at least add a few minor contributions.

This one was unfortunately not captured properly, I was flying the Lazer at the time and the scene looked so stunning and it was going away quickly, so I took the shot as quickly as I could. I wasn't level and you can see the nose of the plane but it's still a good scene and could have made a great shot:

0_0.jpg

And these two are so dark, but I do like how they turned out, mostly the first one (I tried taking them as cars drove by but it just wasn't helping)... At least the cigarette cherry glows more in the shots, when I was taking them I could hardly tell it was lit:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

0_0.jpg

stobe187
  • stobe187

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by stobe187, 03 January 2014 - 12:49 AM.

No kidding, and so many of the photos are just jaw-dropping. Sure it's debatable whether or not video games are art, but it's not debatable that video games can be used to create art.

I have a question: Are the filters still available? Are they only usable online? I ask because I have never seen them available to me, not once, not even on Christmas. I see the meme text creation thingy but nothing else. I can always use Photoshop to recreate the filter effects, but that's no good.

I also read the DOF was only for selfies, but I saw at least one photo on here that had real DOF and it was definitely just a regular shot.

Are you sure you don't have the filters/borders available? You can cycle between them by pressing up/down and left/right on the D-pad. So far I've only used them in SP so they should be available both online and off.

Yeah I think the bokeh stuff is only for the selfie, which is a real shame. When I saw "DOF effects in Snapmatic" I was f*cking excited but that soon died down.

• xenorama likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

top right cornerDash-Hound Bus. Got some wicked hangtime. 5 stickies and a full jug of gas
0_0.jpg

Wow, I started to look at the last pages of this topic, and when I saw your picture I was amazed
It was filmed at the right angle, and at the right moment - 10/10

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, I've seen at least 2 snaps like that. Neither were selfies. 

Accurate Gaussian blur the bokeh is (Spoken to Yoda, he seems to agree).

stobe187
  • stobe187

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Someone on this thread was post-processing the shots (which is a subject that I've yet to touch on) and adding some depth of field, so maybe you saw those.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

San Fierro.

0_0.jpg

Full moon.

0_0.jpg

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

Someone on this thread was post-processing the shots (which is a subject that I've yet to touch on) and adding some depth of field, so maybe you saw those.

You may have stumbled across some of the work I've done, I focused heavily on these shots with the thought of playing with field depth of the images like these:

FT5Btvj.jpg

YE2487u.jpg

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by xenorama, 03 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

Are you sure you don't have the filters/borders available? You can cycle between them by pressing up/down and left/right on the D-pad. So far I've only used them in SP so they should be available both online and off.

Yeah I think the bokeh stuff is only for the selfie, which is a real shame. When I saw "DOF effects in Snapmatic" I was f*cking excited but that soon died down.

I will try that, thanks. It's just that I haven't seen it pointed out anywhere, even when I pull up the snapmatic app in the phone I look at the available commands in the bottom right and it doesn't tell me anything at all. If the effects are there for me, it seems they could be made a bit more obvious, I dunno.

You may have stumbled across some of the work I've done, I focused heavily on these shots with the thought of playing with field depth of the images like these:

I remember those, but they aren't the ones I was mentioning. It's just a few pages back, a black and white photo of a fence and greenery behind it, there is definite depth of field and it looks really good.

I'll quote it later and show you what I mean, it doesn't look processed at all and I'll have to see where the photo is hosted when I find it.... But right now I have to run.

Until then!

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

It's a real shame you can only use the depth of field effect with selfies...look how beautiful it makes those background lights! What a waste

0_0.jpg

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Oh and who said some selfies can't look professional? I think this turned out really nice

0_0.jpg

• xenorama likes this

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

I have took many photos and can't find any of them. It says they have been uploaded to the social club, but I can find them online.
Any tips?

Log in to the Rockstar Social Club site, and I usually find it by clicking on the 'Progress' box on my profile. There should be some links above the overview (where you can view your progress with each character), and on is Smapmatic. Go there, then select 'My Photos' from the first drop down menu, next to the search bar, and it should bring up your photos.

Hope that helps!

And - keep taking awesome snaps, guys!

Thanks for the help found my photos, now Ill have to upload a few of my favorite on here.

• RiaJay21 likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Not necessarily a professional, but….

0_0.jpg

Not too fond of the way the shadow is hitting the rooftop of that building right in the bottom corner.

jaxsun86
  • jaxsun86

Kern Err Terk Yer Percture?

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

VERY new to this! but no filters <3

They look good. Not a fan of the first but the rest are nice

A couple shots with the chopper. Had plans of going into single player for some wildlife shots but the wife kind of ruined all my fun.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

C1flOKD.jpg

• MagzGTA, Osho and ric4rd094 like this

jaxsun86
  • jaxsun86

Kern Err Terk Yer Percture?

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

FT5Btvj.jpg

YE2487u.jpg

I've never even thought about doing that. Don't know how it skipped my mind. Thought about blurring a layer overtop a duplicate with some layer styles. Maybe some color changing. But never blurring background.  You just opened up a can of worms in me man. I've been into photoshop for 17 years and photography for 5. Maybe I'll go push wifey into bed and get some more subjects. Probably need to slow down a bit, go back to chelly for a bit. 

fastdriver
  • fastdriver

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:54 AM Edited by fastdriver, 03 January 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Fancied this Merc at a red light in Vinewood

0_04-1.jpg

0_03.jpg

Spent the night at a quiet Paleto Bay

0_02.jpg

Dawn... A bit chilly.

0_06.jpg

Sun rising from behind Mt. Chilliad. It's cozy over here!

0_0-1.jpg

Sheriff's office

0_01-1.jpg

On the way back. Prefer the Interstate route as I don't have to deal with the city... and have a good radar detector ;)

0_08.jpg

Peeping on my neighbor's party as I got home

0_07.jpg

• Osho likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

I wasn't the biggest fan of the filters initially but seeing the amazing use of them here I had to try some of them out myself. I agree with a few here that the B&W filter especially adds a whole new dimension to the images. All but one of these were taken in Sandy Shores.

LolitaAve1_zpsba8474ac.jpg

LolitaAveII_zps5f63c2f0.jpg

THESE are the two that looked like they had built-in DOF, at least the first one.

But with the second one, I can tell he added the blur in post. It shows in the street mostly, but the first one's blur effect is perfect.

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by cityspud, 03 January 2014 - 07:18 AM.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I came across this little island that I could have spent all day just taking pics in and around the area.

Pretty creepy place at night I have to say.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• xenorama and RiaJay21 like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm really pleased on how this one turned out

0_0.jpg

• cityspud and xenorama like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Here are some more I took just recently:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I have more but I felt these were the 2 best ones that I have right now. I'll post the rest in the screenshot topic.

• Ivars, xenorama, RiaJay21 and 1 other like this

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

I appreciate your input, but please, f**k off ;)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:43 AM Edited by ric4rd094, 03 January 2014 - 10:43 AM.

So I decided to look for my best images that I have done in past (they are not super pro, but nice I think):

8Li8x6S.jpg

t1dAzyt.jpg

Day n' night version (almost same camera position):

1THJW6o.jpg

huyjP1L.jpg

h1JE6Nq.jpg

XDsa6sb.jpg
hZlGouA.jpg

Greetings for all :)

• B1T8, Osho, TheTruthOnly and 3 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

^ Absolutely amazing shots. Professional Quality. Good Job :)

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

I appreciate your input, but please, f**k off ;)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by ric4rd094, 03 January 2014 - 11:32 AM.

^ Absolutely amazing shots. Professional Quality. Good Job :)

Thanks man! I've never been in photography before, it's just this game is so detailed and beautiful :)
It's a shame that Snapmatic pictures are so low resolution :/ There are plenty of people better than me, but they must use this low-res camera mode :/

These are not 16:9, but last of them in other aspect ratio (next pics will be only in 16:9, here are my left-overs (sorry stobe187)):

v3XWvOY.jpg

wUwgk66.jpg

ZZlPqkZ.jpg

zjgM8Th.jpg

And I will focus more on variable weather, not only sunset :) Next time I will try to capture lightning and (it's hard) some foggy weather.

• RiaJay21 and Eddie_the_Fink like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• RiaJay21 and Eddie_the_Fink like this

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by mambonutz, 03 January 2014 - 12:27 PM.

GTA15_zpsefb8907e.jpg

GTA14_zpsd3f8a33a.jpg

GTA1_zpsf0e775eb.jpg

GTA7_zps70047214.jpg

GTA3_zpsa68d7bc0.jpg

GTA11_zpsdb133a57.jpg

GTA12_zpsed261b54.jpg

GTA7_zpsc328f7e3.jpg

• RiaJay21 and ric4rd094 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

C'mon, start talkin' bitch!