Like the topic suggests, I'm interested in collecting some nice TIGHTLY CURATED snaps from real-life photographers who've taken up Snapmatic to do some virtual street/aerial/landscape etc. shots.
This thread can also work as a place to discuss the game mechanics relating to Snapmatic and/or the Social Club side too – improvements you'd like to have, wishes, complaints.
Here are the rules:
1. No selfies. Period.
- Selfies just don't fit the tone of the thread and the look we are going for here. There are other threads you can post your "funny" selfie with burning paramedics in the background but please, keep em off this one.
2. No generic car shots. A vehicle can still be used as a prop in a "scene" though.
- This includes for example a 10 car meetup in GTAO with multiple personal vehicles and players dicking around / flashing gestures or really basic shots of cars with no thought put into the location/background.
3. No multiplayer goofyness/hilarity.
- This includes all GTAO pics that are just random snaps of multiple players f*cking around. If you set up a certain scene with you friends though, it's welcome. But make it great and inventive!
4. No glitching/cheating related shots.
- This includes floating cars, glitching peds, clipping bugs, graphical bugs and pretty much all "abnormal" behavior of the game.
5. Be critical when selecting your pictures.
- Do multiple passes of quality control: if you for example feel that there are two much too similar shots in the set you are about to post, take out the one that you feel is inferior. If you feel that there is even the slightest thing that feels "off" about the pic, it's a safe bet to remove it from the set. Be critical and most of all, honest to yourself.
6. Don't post multiple shots of the same subject matter.
- This means that don't post 5 sunset shots that have all been taken at the same spot with the same framing but with only a marginal difference in lighting. Try to keep it fresh, varied and interesting.
7. Keep the number of pictures per post fairly low.
- This basically reinforces the fifth rule, and helps you carve out the real winners of the bunch.
8. No meme texts.
- Once again, they really don't fit the tone here.
9. Don't quote pictures.
- If you want to quote a post that contains some pictures, then either remove the pics or just remove the IMG tags to keep the links in the quote.
10. Repeated advertising for your Social Club site, crew or Youtube channel is prohibited.
- This thread is about pictures, not spamming links and getting your rep up on youtube etc.
And here's some random bits & pieces:
- be inventive: try to find new angles, try out strange crops etc.
- frame your shots as clean as possible (check out the far edges of the preview shot on the phone so that there is no random sliver of car hood poking out of one corner)
- shoot peds doing their activities
- experiment with taking a shot of something with the widest zoom and then zoomed all the way
- think of the entire frame
- experiment with different times of day and weather combos
- experiment with shooting from vehicles, for example when you're sitting in an Adder the angle is a lot closer to the ground.
- get tilted shots by being on a bicycle or motorcycle