Photo

Not all griefers are bad

40 replies to this topic
kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

got into a tussle with a dude last night... he bodied me probably at a ratio of 5:1 for nol reason... so i challenged him to a fist fight because i couldnt hang with his heavy rifle and assault shotgun. he obliged and we beat each other on the sandy shores runway for a while. he took off, ( 25 to 5 final ) and i ran for a plane. he shows up in a buzzard and gives me a lift. i thought he had something planned for me... anyway, we touch down in the city and i lose him... next thing i know, hes in a tank, and we're killing people left and right who obviously thought they had something to prove by attacking his tank. so an original grief turned out to be a lot of fun. hope restored.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Can I grief on your face later tonight?

• Masochron likes this

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I killed someone with tank more than 10 times and he kept coming back I felt so bad and I sent him a message have my tank and I left the party after I gave him mine later on he sent a message saying thanks and friend request.

Now I always do that if I'm leaving a party I choose a random guy come near to him and give him my tank after all its just a game let them enjoy as well

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

good point.  just cause someone is FR fighting does not = griefer.  many are hoping for a good unstructured fight.  if im in a good mood i will sometimes firing warning shots, but some players insist on running away in a straight line, it's funner to kill someone shooting back tho.  it's not all griefers there are mutual respects going on in free aim, even tho they're killing each other, not everyones an emo or armchair gangster.  our crew will sometimes let white dots shoot 1rst which sometimes they are peaceful and we let them hangout on our same corner.  everyone watching them out of corner of eye.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

"I got shot, what a griefer!"

That isn't being griefed, that's just the game you're voluntarily playing. Please learn basic gaming terminology before misusing it so ridiculously.

Since normal gameplay in this game is so upsetting to you, you should stop playing. That's what you're implying by calling it "grief", right? It isn't griefing, it doesn't fit the definition at all, but you wouldn't have mistakenly called it that unless you were genuinely upset, right?

Instead, find a game where you actually enjoy the intended gameplay. Just trade this in and move along to BF4, then you can go on their forums to call everyone a griefer for killing you too much and not letting you kill them enough. Seems like the only logical course of action.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

its not " i got shot " blah blah, its " i walked out of the clothing store and got ambushed which turned into multiple spawn kills and i was just in the middle of nowhere buying some new jeans" haha. if it caused me "grief" then you deserve the title that comes with it. 98% of the game is being shot, its when someone is acting like a dick and im just minding my own business. c'mon, i go to take a piss and you run me over 6 times... oooooo you're cool. then when i text you say come get it, you dont ? pfffft puddy boy.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

A lot of the people I play with now were people that I griefed. Its a good way of telling if someone is cool or not.

• Dooma1090 likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by AzraelX, 20 November 2013 - 11:46 PM.

its not " i got shot " blah blah, its " i walked out of the clothing store and got ambushed which turned into multiple spawn kills and i was just in the middle of nowhere buying some new jeans"

Which is "I got shot". Holy f*ck, can you not read? What part of that description isn't intentional gameplay? Wow.

I guess this is the level of intelligence I should expect from someone that can't even understand what simple words mean.

if it caused me "grief" then you deserve the title that comes with it.

No, sorry, that's not how words work. You don't get to make up definitions every time you misuse a well-known and well-defined term. Every act either is or isn't griefing. It has a very simple definition which you're having trouble grasping, somehow.

The title of "griefer" belongs to people who put in a lot more dedication to f*cking up other people's enjoyment than you're obviously aware. Just because you're a thin-skinned crybaby doesn't make anyone else a griefer. You're just f*cking bad. You're not supposed to let people kill you 5-to-1, you know. Herp derp.

its when someone is acting like a dick and im just minding my own business

Uh, what? Are you kidding? You're minding your own business? You voluntarily joined a public free roam session. What the hell do you think this game is, exactly? How do you function in society at all with such little critical thinking ability that you can't figure out what weapons are for in-game?

No one cares if you're so bad that you can't get any kills in public free roam and can't stop anyone from killing you legit. That's not griefing, that's just you being horrible and somehow blaming other people for actually playing the game in an intended way. That's what is supposed to happen.

You feel like they're a dick for playing legit, just because they're better than you? Okay, cool. That makes you a scrub, but you're entitled to your opinion. You don't feel like someone is a griefer though, no matter how many times you've slit your wrist because of how mean you think they were. That's between you and your psychiatrist.

They either are or aren't griefing, it's not an opinion. It isn't hard to understand, for most people. It really isn't complicated.

The only person not on the same page is you, who (for some inexplicable reason) expects everyone else to play however you personally want them to play, which is basically "let me win because I suck or you're cheating!"

I mean, people get rewarded for killing you. You do realize this, right? That that's an intentional part of the game which you're choosing to play? Lmfao.

Like I said, waddle off to BF4 and bitch on their forums about how upset you are every time someone kills you 5-to-1 in a match. No one cares.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Canucks555, 20 November 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Griefing is a very fun and rewarding part of the game imo. lol.

-For me I dont care about if I get fragged, I want whatever is going on to look good. Smoke bombs, gasoline, anything that gives the other guy an impression :)

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by AzraelX, 20 November 2013 - 11:50 PM.

You two are birds of a feather, lmfao. Embarrassing.

Edit: Oh please, don't edit out your first paragraph! It was great! Fist fighting on the beach, with neither player shooting the other one even though they can, is definitely griefing! That sounds like some very fun and rewarding griefing!

This is too enjoyable for me :D You guys keep going, I'll get the snacks.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

got into a tussle with a dude last night... he bodied me probably at a ratio of 5:1 for nol reason... so i challenged him to a fist fight because i couldnt hang with his heavy rifle and assault shotgun. he obliged and we beat each other on the sandy shores runway for a while. he took off, ( 25 to 5 final ) and i ran for a plane. he shows up in a buzzard and gives me a lift. i thought he had something planned for me... anyway, we touch down in the city and i lose him... next thing i know, hes in a tank, and we're killing people left and right who obviously thought they had something to prove by attacking his tank. so an original grief turned out to be a lot of fun. hope restored.

So from being greifed, you turned into a greifer?

And this makes greifing okay how.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Good grief.
  • SecludedMemory and a20characterusername like this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

And this makes greifing okay how.

So from being greifed, you turned into a greifer?

Because this is apparently Grief Theft Auto, where the only right way to play in Free Roam is never using your huge arsenal of weapons or earning any of the awards for slaughtering large numbers of players. Those are just there to trick you into thinking that killing other players is intentional, when it's actually griefing.

The only way to not be a griefer is to ask the other 15 people in the public free roam session exactly how they want you to act, and then follow their collective instructions to the letter.

This is so incredibly hilarious, I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried.

If you want to be let in on the joke to enjoy it with me, and haven't played any online games in your life, then try actually looking up the definition of "griefing" and then come back to get a good laugh.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

A lot of the people I play with now were people that I griefed. Its a good way of telling if someone is cool or not.

This!!

I'd like to say I was pretty damn good at GTAIV, @ ground combat and choppers. I would pick on players just to see how good they were or what kind of fun cool tactics they would take to get the kill.

That's how you build up a good friends list or team of people to play with online..I dont just add random players, esp if they suck.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

i turned into one by killing tank attackers ? they swarmed the tank. also, dude with his extensive paragraph post... didnt read sorry.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Two days in a row now I've ended up "friending" someone who I spent an hour battling to the death

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by Canucks555, 21 November 2013 - 12:14 AM.

It's the way the game was meant to be played.

Personally I start every session in solo to make a car sale, get a Simeon car, maybe get a Armoured car loot, get everything squared away, buy ammo, then change over to public and have a blast griefing griefers. Fun for both sides, just go after the white dots and see if they engage.

If they do then its a free for all.  If they don't?

Sometimes I will haunt them....

(insidious laugh)

• vw11 and SecludedMemory like this

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Never met a friendly before. Like just now. I was heading for Simeon with a car and he comes at me, not opening fire. Instead, he had put a sticky on the car and blew me the f*ck up. FINE. a green car then pops up. I nab it, head for an LSC and he comes at me. I come out, he shoots me down and then takes off with the car. Fair game, no? NOPE, he just waits and hopes that I come after him ... He wasn't interested in Simeon's car at all, ffs, considering he came barreling back at me not a few moments after he realized I wasn't coming . So, I took gasoline, poured it all over his car, lit it up and buggered off to single player before it went boom. Griefers are bullies, and I don't take kindly to bullies. 

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

so out of all these replies, one person has a problem with what im saying... usually if everywhere you go, everyones an asshole...chances are...youre the asshole. anyway, we all know what the term means and have encountered these people. im only saying theyre not all bad and sometimes fun. i have no problem being killed, but at times, its a pain in the balls when someone is being relentless for no reason other than to mess with you. and, i have 4 kids... in no way am i losing any sleep, raging, flipping out, crying over this or any game. im an adult.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

So Kyle, out of all these replies, only one person has a problem with what I'm saying. I also received two PMs, one basically saying that your stupidity is hilarious, and the other telling me not to waste my time on you. Seems the whole world's laughing at you. Well, usually if everywhere you go, everyone's an asshole, chances are you're the asshole ;)

Just kidding, I only said that to show you how nonsensical your statement was. I would never use an argumentum ad populum because it demonstrates a horrifically extreme lack of critical thinking ability, not to mention making you an irrational twat :D I'm glad you tried that though, since it means that even you know you have no idea what you're talking about. Glad you could finally join the club.

also, dude with his extensive paragraph post... didnt read sorry.

Ah, don't worry, I didn't expect you too :) You've demonstrated quite a few times just how uninformed and ignorant you are, apparently due to having an extremely low intelligence. Not trying to be mean or anything, that's just how it is. So don't feel bad, I knew you wouldn't understand my post even if you managed to read all those big words somehow.

However, just because you can barely pass remedial English doesn't reflect on anyone else. Most normal people could read something that short quickly and easily, and that's who it was written for. Cheers! :)

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm a griefer but only to bitches who stay in a tank or pick on low levels

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

you get private messages on here ? sorry to hear that. youre wrong no matter what my friend. no matter how you try to make yourself look smarter, more well read, etc. youre still wrong. your initial point is wrong. i was being griefed by someone( and was not complaining about it). end of story. thats what your whole point was...that i was not, which i was. stop trying to trick everyone in to your maze of circular logic... you sir, are wrong. valid points about unrelated sh*t ? yes, of course. initial argument, flawed.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by AzraelX, 21 November 2013 - 02:23 AM.

Ah, still trying to save face even after your ridiculous nonsense was exposed? That's too funny :)

Since you lack the competence to even perform basic internet searches, allow me to take 10 seconds and do it for you.

Ah, first result: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

A lot of really hard words in there, I don't expect you can read that either. Just know that you're objectively wrong.

I'm sorry that you have never played an online game before, but that's no excuse to just make up new meanings for every word you hear and don't understand.

You may as well be calling the guy a cheater or a glitcher or a hacker. None of these things mean what you're describing. You just sound like an idiot :D Your continued ignorance, extreme density, and remarkable incoherence have been pretty comical though, I'll give you that.

Oh, so you crash your car into them repeatedly to force them into Bad Sport? Or use your towtruck to freeze their console? I'm surprised you'd be bragging about that on the forums, makes you sound pretty sh*tty.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

" A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2] "

are you dense ? i bet youre ugly too.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

and what nonsense ? SHOW ME ! please... either youre trolling this hard or youre blind. i cant figure out if youre serious man.

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Pacifist, Pilot IRL.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Ah, still trying to save face even after your ridiculous nonsense was exposed? That's too funny :)

Since you lack the competence to even perform basic internet searches, allow me to take 10 seconds and do it for you.

Ah, first result: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

A lot of really hard words in there, I don't expect you can read that either. Just know that you're objectively wrong.

I'm sorry that you have never played an online game before, but that's no excuse to just make up new meanings for every word you hear and don't understand.

You may as well be calling the guy a cheater or a glitcher or a hacker. None of these things mean what you're describing. You just sound like an idiot :D Your continued ignorance, extreme density, and remarkable incoherence have been pretty comical though, I'll give you that.

Oh, so you crash your car into them repeatedly to force them into Bad Sport? Or use your towtruck to freeze their console? I'm surprised you'd be bragging about that on the forums, makes you sound pretty sh*tty.

There is no 'intentional' form of gameplay in GTA. That's the glory of it. Sure you have access to attack choppers, automatic weaponry, numerous explosives and melee weapons, but the game never directly FORCES you to kill other players. Any kill you make is of your own volition. Even games like Deathmatches require you to first join one. It's entirely up to you what you want to do in GTA Online. 

Besides that, you really shouldn't bother your time with Kyle anymore. Follow the advice of those PMs and just block him. Problem solved.

• kyleconway likes this

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

waste time with me or not, i am right, right ?

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by AzraelX, 21 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.

" A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2] "

LOL! You're still going! This is amazing :D

It's almost as if you are so embarrassed that you looked for the first thing to quote that would support your idiocy, even after realizing how stupidly wrong you've been. Aww, it's okay little baby, no need to start throwing an irrational tantrum :)

Well, before I explain the linked page to your child-like intellect, allow me to show you how horrible your logic is there.

You quoted a line stating that griefers enjoy annoying others, to prove that "anyone that enjoys annoying me is a griefer!" I guess that would make me a griefer for this conversation I'm enjoying immensely, right?

It's true that griefers enjoy annoying others. You know what else? Hackers use computers. Wait... you're using a computer! Oh god, you're hacking right now! Lmfao. That's exactly how you sound. There's a few other requirements, you know? Oh right, you don't get it somehow, it's that whole "no critical thinking" thing.

Here, maybe you missed the very first line of that page you just quoted from:

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways."

Woahhh, what's that mean? So complicated! Too complicated for me man, let's just leave that part out!

And while we're at it, let's call you a child molester! Because child molesters derive pleasure from being near children. Sure, there are other parts of the definition, but who gives a sh*t about those amirite? :) Therefore, since you admitted enjoying being near your own children, you must be a child molester.

Makes sense, right? You gross fat stinky pedophile. Someone should call Social Services to have your kids taken away, obviously (for how incompetent you are, if not for the fact you're a child molester by your own disturbed logic).

Still don't get it? That's okay, no one ever expected you to :D You could have read the examples on that page, there's a long list of them, but I guess it's easier to just go through life being as absolutely stupid as you can possibly manage.

The world needs people like you to make other people feel better about themselves, so just keep doing what you're doing :)

There is no 'intentional' form of gameplay in GTA. That's the glory of it. Sure you have access to attack choppers, automatic weaponry, numerous explosives and melee weapons, but the game never directly FORCES you to kill other players. Any kill you make is of your own volition. Even games like Deathmatches require you to first join one. It's entirely up to you what you want to do in GTA Online. 

Besides that, you really shouldn't bother your time with Kyle anymore. Follow the advice of those PMs and just block him. Problem solved.

I enjoy that he liked your post, not realizing that what you said contradicts his position. He probably skimmed it quickly and liked it because he assumed it had something to do with arguing against me.

As you said, there is no "intentional" form of gameplay, hence it's each player's decision what activities they will engage in. What he doesn't realize is that joining a public session or a deathmatch means going into a mode where it's okay for people to kill you. The stuff is there for people to use, if they want to use it, and its purpose is to kill other players.

I think this is the part he's having trouble with: If there is no intentional gameplay, then there is clearly no unintentional gameplay either. Since griefing requires the unintentional use of gameplay mechanics, then by definition players are not griefing you in free roam, no matter how many more times they manage to kill you than you can kill them.

But you're right, this probably isn't worth my time. He doesn't seem to be capable of "getting" it, somehow. I'd have abandoned the thread long ago if it wasn't obvious how upset he's getting over this, which seems so incredibly appropriate considering the topic of conversation.

GeckoFPS
  • GeckoFPS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Personally, I think it's only okay to kill someone when they WANT to fight you and shoot at you.

If they don't want to, leave them alone. It might be part of the game, but you can always go mess with someone else or go play deathmatch if you want to kill people. Sure, there's passive mode, but you can still get run over. And sometimes people spawn kill you and you don't have enough time to put on passive mode.

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

i have to give you this though, for some reason, i like you. you're just as hard headed as i am but with more patience to get in depth. i will back down on the grounds of touching the hot stove over and over. i appreciate your time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users