Quantcast

» «
Photo

Griefing Female Players, why so prevalent?

85 replies to this topic
AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

For some the game is all about killing and respawning I guess. Short attention spans I suppose. Heh. At my age I truly don't need anyone's approval for my game play. To each their own, was just curious if others experienced this. Has been good to read the variety of opinions and game tactics.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

Didn't read any of the reply's but this is not because you are a (pretend?) female, this is GTA, stop being a sensitive little bitch and get back to killing fools.

• Shmiqq likes this

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Nobody gives a f*ck about your gender, get over it.

• Shmiqq likes this

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

I was just curious and most of the people have provided good insight. I play my game my way and you play yours. Go have fun being the player you want to be. Simple. And next time read the thread before responding in troll like manner if you get this spun up over it. I don't need to be protected or rescued at 55. So yeah. F*ck off.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Another one of these threads? Everyone gets griefed, killed, trolled, and made fun of on games and the internet. You likely got trolled or w/e due to you bitching, just like in this thread. I love killing randoms until someone starts crying and then I continue to target that person. Don't make yourself a target.

Sad part is I'm a female gamer as well. I don't play the no skilled helpless game that I'm sure you do. I'm not looking for my white knight nor do I give a flying f*ck if people try to kill me because I have a twat. Fight back, quit being a pussy. You don't have to be one because you have one.

LMFAO😃😃
Like👍👍👍

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by Hollistupid, 22 November 2013 - 04:57 AM.

I was just curious and most of the people have provided good insight. I play my game my way and you play yours. Go have fun being the player you want to be. Simple. And next time read the thread before responding in troll like manner if you get this spun up over it. I don't need to be protected or rescued at 55. So yeah. F*ck off.

You're thread's more of a statement on your gender than how you're treated in the game. Let's go back to "why am I getting griefed I'm a girl", first of all how do they even know you're a girl? Is your account named xXxGiRlGaM3rxXx or do you have [GIRL] as your crew tag? Again a statement no one cares about. You post and we reply, "get over it." 

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

So here's a thought. Go make a girl avatar and see what happens. You be the judge. I should not have to play as a male. My biggest point is it gender should never matter. But it seems to. Judge a player on game not gender. Now IRL I have to go fix my car. Just got back from autozone and the usual "are you doing this brake job yourself?" I swear I wished I was in game with my broken bottle then. So go for it trollers. Tell me what an asshat pussy I am. If you don't get it, you don't get it.
  • Tomkatnyc likes this

Aunty Fascist
  • Aunty Fascist

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Don't let them get to you, AbandonedMovie. The trolls in this thread are just proving that a great many male gamers are misogynistic jackasses. Including GabbyGums which is definitely not a woman. It's common for trolls to claim they're something they're not. Every word "she" says screams "DUDE."

Which is why about 15 people got added to my ignore list today.

• Hamsterbaffle, BuyMeTheMoon, AbandonedMovie and 1 other like this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 22 November 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Making this thread proves you are a whiny bitch. Get skill and f*ck off.

I feel like its not only guys that are acting like 12 year olds in this forum?

• AbandonedMovie likes this

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Grow a pair of thick skin and get over it!! MAN UP

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Grow a pair of thick skin and get over it!! MAN UP

Ha. I don't think having a dick makes anyone more or less special, Mr. MAN UP. Pretty funny comment though...

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

For the trolls, here is the post you wanted from me. Read it, savor it. I think this is what you want me to be saying.  "OH my, I can't figure out all these buttons and stuff and people are being sooo mean to me. Oh please please don't kill me. *sniffle in tissue*, I am just a little snowflake, and I want to be treated like the precious little c*nt I am. I mean like we can go shop at Surburbia together and maybe do some golf. I don't want to get dirty! Why won't you let me win? Why won't you protect me? I am just a girl. I have feelings."

For the normal people, thank you for getting this is not about being too sensitive. It's about questioning the reasoning behind the odd obsession some exhibit when it comes to killing anything with ovaries, when there are more logical gameplay targets in the area. By the way, if you want to check out a real life cool car rally and scavenger hunt from "Los Santos" to "Sandy Shores" check out the link on my profile. 

• Peaches84 and sirrap21 like this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's not a gender issue, 80% are just dicks to the other 20%.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Days to days I meet more assholes in the game.

And yes, I'm progressing very slowly. And for me now, if I see a room full of players, it means a threat. If a notification about 'who-killed-who' constantly showing up, that means it's ultra threat.

However, you can't do anything with those immatures other than seeking for fellow mature players and avoid them with crew/friend only room.

Additional information, I use female character. Probably that's why they like to bully me.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by AzraelX, 22 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Haha this is brilliant! Yep, I've been picked up and taken all over the map. Funniest was when someone took me to LSC so I could watch whilst he customised his car. He was in there forever and I couldn't get out of the car, just had to sit there whilst he spent forever choosing colours.

Well I was about to reply with an obligatory "This thread is extremely disappointing, there isn't a single act of griefing being described by the OP. She's just horribly misusing the word to refer to people that want to kill her in a PvP game. Sigh."

However, you unwittingly saved the thread. What you've just described sounds like an amazing way to grief people using LSC. I'll combine this with the invincibility glitch to ensure they either get in my car or die. Their options will be to get in and get griefed or stay out and be spawn killed.

I'll have to test it out and make sure it works the way you say it does. If you end up being right, then thanks in advance! :)

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

However, you unwittingly saved the thread. What you've just described sounds like an amazing way to grief people using LSC. I'll combine this with the invincibility glitch to ensure they either get in my car or die. Their options will be to get in and get griefed or stay out and be spawn killed.

I'll have to test it out and make sure it works the way you say it does. If you end up being right, then thanks in advance! :)

“It puts the ChromePaint on the car, or else it gets the (bullet) hose again”

I thought they fixed the Invincibility/SuperPassiveMode glitch anyway?

• Tomkatnyc likes this

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Haha this is brilliant! Yep, I've been picked up and taken all over the map. Funniest was when someone took me to LSC so I could watch whilst he customised his car. He was in there forever and I couldn't get out of the car, just had to sit there whilst he spent forever choosing colours.

Well I was about to reply with an obligatory "This thread is extremely disappointing, there isn't a single act of griefing being described by the OP. She's just horribly misusing the word to refer to people that want to kill her in a PvP game. Sigh."

I didn't think I needed to spell out griefing. One example I've experienced is immediately leaving my garage and being killed instantly, over and over again. Can't even get the f*ck outta the garage. Another is doing a job and going passive to bank money and then getting run over again and again so I had to go stand on a hedge for a long long time as some player on a motorcycle kept ramming the hedge. I went up a flight of stairs and they drove up the stairs after me and then still couldn't kill me but they kept up for ten minutes ... I could have just left the session but thought at some point the person would get bored. During this time there were people with bounties right close to me that would have been profitable for them to kill so I don't know why they didn't just go do that...  I have found the best solution is to only play with friends that are like minded and creative in the game. Had a few great bottle fights, played wrecking ball or demolition derby on the Maze building, etc. In those cases when you are getting killed over and over again it's mutual consent. 

I don't know why this makes such a difference to me, but it does...

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

That is awesome! vvv

You have to remember, have kids on here that that their balls haven't even dropped. Most of them are probably in tanks being passive agressive so there is no use fighting. Just don't mix with them.

You are also in a predominantly male game doing male things like shooting and picking up prostitutes so you will get griefed. Men are always sizing each other up, actively or subconciously based on how you react, what you sound like and everything between.

On the other hand, I have met and talked to many people from all over the world that are just having fun. Just enjoy the game the way it fits you or move on/log out when it's not going well.

I don't need to be protected or rescued at 55.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

I didn't think I needed to spell out griefing. One example I've experienced is immediately leaving my garage and being killed instantly, over and over again. Can't even get the f*ck outta the garage. Another is doing a job and going passive to bank money and then getting run over again and again so I had to go stand on a hedge for a long long time as some player on a motorcycle kept ramming the hedge. I went up a flight of stairs and they drove up the stairs after me and then still couldn't kill me but they kept up for ten minutes ... I could have just left the session but thought at some point the person would get bored. During this time there were people with bounties right close to me that would have been profitable for them to kill so I don't know why they didn't just go do that...

Those aren't examples of griefing. Those are examples of you getting killed in a PvP game. As was already mentioned.

Griefing requires them to exploit game mechanics in an unintended way. Running you over with a vehicle doesn't qualify.

What the other person posted actually would be a griefing method (taking someone inside LSC to trap them there until they leave the session).

But when everyone is playing the game normally? No. If you don't enjoy the game, that doesn't make the people playing it "griefers". It just means you should be playing a different game. Which it seems you decided to do already, since you're no longer joining public sessions.

Although for the time being, it's not a terrible idea to avoid public sessions anyways. The towtruck freezing exploit hasn't been fixed yet, and there are still griefers going from session to session, freezing as many people's consoles as possible, and even more of them doing it whenever someone kills them. It's getting kind of ridiculous.

OBITWIZZLE
  • OBITWIZZLE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Most people on the internet are boys between 12-16, who most likely have never had sex. They hate females for this, and will grief them any chance they get. Either that or they will try and get into some sort of weird online relationship in hopes you will send them nudes, but that's more prevalent in MMORPGs like WoW and such.

fareka
  • fareka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by fareka, 25 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

I didn't think I needed to spell out griefing. One example I've experienced is immediately leaving my garage and being killed instantly, over and over again. Can't even get the f*ck outta the garage. Another is doing a job and going passive to bank money and then getting run over again and again so I had to go stand on a hedge for a long long time as some player on a motorcycle kept ramming the hedge. I went up a flight of stairs and they drove up the stairs after me and then still couldn't kill me but they kept up for ten minutes ... I could have just left the session but thought at some point the person would get bored. During this time there were people with bounties right close to me that would have been profitable for them to kill so I don't know why they didn't just go do that...  I have found the best solution is to only play with friends that are like minded and creative in the game. Had a few great bottle fights, played wrecking ball or demolition derby on the Maze building, etc. In those cases when you are getting killed over and over again it's mutual consent. 

I don't know why this makes such a difference to me, but it does...

These things (and worse) happened to me and all my characters (male and female) multiple times. There are assholes in the world - and some of them play this game, bummer. Get over it.

Now, if this happens, I switch the session and forget about it but maybe this is only a solution for male players...

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

It's not because you're female, I can tell you that. People just like killing people in videogames. Occasionally I've heard the random racist or misogynistic remark on mic, but that's few and far in between. I can understand your issues with passive mode though, it can be a pain when I'm trying to advertise, "Don't waste your time on me, I'm passive," and everyone else reads it as, "I'm defenseless! Come annoy me!"

You aren't entirely 'defenseless,' though. My condolences for the poor fools who have tried running me over straight into an oncoming train or deep body of water. 

That's awesome!

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by xNinjaStarfishx, 25 November 2013 - 11:46 PM.

I don't grief females personally, I have had a lot of fun with both genders on GTAO, but I have one story with a female that will stay special to me forever.

I saw a bounty pop up on the radar, a nice size one (9k) put on by another player. So, I figured it would be easy cash... Boy was I wrong, as I approached the red dot in the radar so did three others, all of them quickly disappearing as they closed in. I decided to play my hand carefully and watched from afar.

Held up inside Ammunation was the bounty. The three bounty hunters kept running inside the double doors at full tilt and also kept dropping moments later. The bounty eventually became tired of this and ran out of the door... I blasted the cars parked outside as I saw her leave but she ran past and jumped in a low-key sedan and sped off.

To make a long story short 1 1/2 hours, no deaths, several stolen cars and a good trip or two around San Andreas later. The chase came to an end with her deadbody lying at the surface of Vespucci Canal.

Afterward, I friend listed her because she gave me so much fun, and we played a couple more time with voice chat...

Since then she moved on to COD: Ghosts and Minecraft, but playing with her was some f the most fun I've had.

TL;DR: Skill and Cooperation make a good partner, no matter the gender.
  • AbandonedMovie likes this

XmeatshieldX
  • XmeatshieldX

Fish

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

For the trolls, here is the post you wanted from me. Read it, savor it. I think this is what you want me to be saying.  "OH my, I can't figure out all these buttons and stuff and people are being sooo mean to me. Oh please please don't kill me. *sniffle in tissue*, I am just a little snowflake, and I want to be treated like the precious little c*nt I am. I mean like we can go shop at Surburbia together and maybe do some golf. I don't want to get dirty! Why won't you let me win? Why won't you protect me? I am just a girl. I have feelings."

For the normal people, thank you for getting this is not about being too sensitive. It's about questioning the reasoning behind the odd obsession some exhibit when it comes to killing anything with ovaries, when there are more logical gameplay targets in the area. By the way, if you want to check out a real life cool car rally and scavenger hunt from "Los Santos" to "Sandy Shores" check out the link on my profile. 

I've read a good bit of the first and last page of this and from what I've seen your classification of "trolls" is anybody telling you that you aren't special and that EVERYONE gets attacked like that in MP, there isn't any logic or reasoning behind it, people just like killing people, and for some reason you seem to think it's because you're a girl. it isn't, I myself even have a thread bitching about how annoying people are in MP here are some examples: http://gtaforums.com...people-killing/http://gtaforums.com...community-ever/http://gtaforums.com...-grr-bad-sport/. All of these are presumably guys judging by their avatars (and the fact that I am one of them.

Your classification of "normal" people are only the people that are backing you up, which leads me to believe you only made this thread for that reason alone, not to find out anything, you can go ahead and try and classify this as a "trolling" but you'd be delusional. you'd think after 3 pages of people telling you this that you'd finally understand that females are targeted. but clearly not. GOOD DAY MADAM!

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

not sure people are killing you because you're a female, this isn't playschool where boys push over girls they like alright? most people on GTAO just kill anything that moves as if it's COD

joining new session does wonders, or hey even maybe shooting back!!

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

If you're leveling up slowly it's not because people are owning you in freemode, it's because you're not doing enough jobs. Do missions, deathmatches, survivals, I would have said fix races with friends but the RP and cash you get is crap since the patch.

If people are killing you make them pay. Works for me, someone gets smart and kills me while I'm trying to buy some snacks at the store, I respawn, highlight there gamertag, and kill them until they leave my session. That's right, MY SESSION. Make every session your session and show those little homo's what happens when they mess with you.

Or just come to gta forums and set women back another 10 years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users