Quantcast

» «
Photo

Griefing Female Players, why so prevalent?

85 replies to this topic
AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

I know there is not a real answer to this question.... but as a female I've gotten more than my fair share of griefing. It sucks to spend a lot of time in passive mode standing on a hedge or something so I don't get continuously killed/run down. I have to find new sessions all the time. Same thing happens to other female players I know. Is it just because we are females in a sausage fest?  I'd like to think that it's not just because of gender but as a clean player it sucks to get killed instantly.  I play the game to do missions and races not just to hide from overly aggressive asshats. Sigh... suggestions? Comments? If you are one of the guys that does this I am open to hearing your side. I'd really like to level up but am making very slow progress. 

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're constantly running into immature @sshats.  I've never run across this... but I'm not shocked. 

Find a clan to run with or start your own with other women who are sick of this.  Or find people to play with that arent that way. 

• AbandonedMovie likes this

WatcherCCG
  • WatcherCCG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

You seem to have the misfortune of always being in lobbies full of morons whose brains have been rotted away by puberty or chauvinism, possibly both. Just blow up their car a few times. The BS points you get for it were drastically diminished by the latest patch, so you can get away with nuking a few.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

You're not a special snowflake. Everybody kills everyone. Nobody cares whether you have tits. In fact only the fedora bearing neckbeards care, and they'll do anything to protect you not kill you.
  • Nipper, NewReno, AgentTran and 3 others like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Don't talk on mike. Nobody knows you a girl unless you say you are. My online avatars are girls and if I get grieved I turn on my mike to public a tell them to F off while killing them over and over.  Shocks most of them when they hear a deep man's voice. Little sh*ts loose their boners quick. 

• Kalik, affirno, I'll get my coat... and 1 other like this

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

You're not a special snowflake. Everybody kills everyone. Nobody cares whether you have tits. In fact only the fedora bearing neckbeards care, and they'll do anything to protect you not kill you.

I wouldn't play if I wasn't up for the game and getting killed (and often) but it's really ridiculous to spend so much time changing sessions and being in passive. Unless you are playing as a female you've probably not experienced it. I define griefing as being riddled the moment you respawn, having players go out of the way to repeatedly run you down, blow you up over and over again in the course of a few minutes. I just see it happening to girls all the time, guys not so much. just sayin.

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

I have not really experienced any different treatment with regards to male versus female during normal game play. I am a male, and I lost my character back in the first days when it was all really messy and it was happening frequently. So I flew through the character set up without a care in the world, I mean, I didn't even look and ended up with a fairly attractive looking female character which I've kept.

Mainly for the reason that I'd rather be looking at her behind whilst moving than a bad CGI representation of my own. 

I have had the times or grief killings as I should imagine everyone has... for being a woman? I don't think so. I've seen and read fellas having the same trouble, more so if I added it up. Complaining about being killed in a game mode where you can kill people. Dog eat dog out there and it's who's got the biggest teeth.

Maybe some feel that being 'done over' by a woman is humiliating and that they need to make their point? I don't know. 

What I have experienced though is a lot of invites to apartments, a few who like to stand there next to her and do the little boy hand gesture (killing yourself is always funny at this point) and random fellas that just come up and stand next to her in missions etc, god knows whats going on the other end.

I thought that she might of made them play nicely with her so.... I COULD BLAST THEM FIRST!

No such luck!

0_0www_zps7c4b18fa.jpg

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Sexually frustrated teenage males

• Spyrothedragon9972 and AbandonedMovie like this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Loads of my male friends have gender neutral screen names or play as female characters, how are you identifying as a female player?

And assuming you ARE - what are the responses?

I'm asking the question from that angle because all I see is freemode fighting most of the time. There are oases of calm, where a group find a car, activity or funny glitch to ponder, but then some twat thinks it'll be funny to start shooting and all hell breaks loose again.

So I'm trying to distinguish, are you being singled out, or experiencing the same as the rest of us, but reacting differently.

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

And yes, you need a crew to support you in the bad times, with as much ammo and Buzzards that you can throw a stick at!

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Loads of my male friends have gender neutral screen names or play as female characters, how are you identifying as a female player?

And assuming you ARE - what are the responses?

I'm asking the question from that angle because all I see is freemode fighting most of the time. There are oases of calm, where a group find a car, activity or funny glitch to ponder, but then some twat thinks it'll be funny to start shooting and all hell breaks loose again.

So I'm trying to distinguish, are you being singled out, or experiencing the same as the rest of us, but reacting differently.

Yes, oasis of calm last night while playing with the cargobob, taking friends in their car on the grappling hook so they can parachute etc.  All in all, it's a fun game and I don't plan on not playing..I guess since my avatar is female and both of us in the house (both female) are on the mic it is easy pickin' for those who just want to grief on females in particular. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

I have not really experienced any different treatment with regards to male versus female during normal game play. I am a male, and I lost my character back in the first days when it was all really messy and it was happening frequently. So I flew through the character set up without a care in the world, I mean, I didn't even look and ended up with a fairly attractive looking female character which I've kept.
Mainly for the reason that I'd rather be looking at her behind whilst moving than a bad CGI representation of my own. 
I have had the times or grief killings as I should imagine everyone has... for being a woman? I don't think so. I've seen and read fellas having the same trouble, more so if I added it up. Complaining about being killed in a game mode where you can kill people. Dog eat dog out there and it's who's got the biggest teeth.

Maybe some feel that being 'done over' by a woman is humiliating and that they need to make their point? I don't know. 
What I have experienced though is a lot of invites to apartments, a few who like to stand there next to her and do the little boy hand gesture (killing yourself is always funny at this point) and random fellas that just come up and stand next to her in missions etc, god knows whats going on the other end.
I thought that she might of made them play nicely with her so.... I COULD BLAST THEM FIRST!

No such luck!

0_0www_zps7c4b18fa.jpg

Dude your girl is kinda creepy looking
I have a guy and girl character and I think the dude get killed more often
Probably cause he's more aggro and he has better weapons
Playing as the chick guys have stopped and beeped and picked me up and taken me for a ride
Gets kinda scary l😦
Don't know where the f*ck they're taking me sometimes??
I think just depends on how many assholes in the world at that time
  • I'll get my coat... and AbandonedMovie like this

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well, last night there was a woman on the mic obviously being killed by a couple of dirty rats and she was making the biggest song and dance about it, to the point where.... I admit... I actually wanted to go plug her as well until she left. It was not for being a girl though. She was as annoying as hell! I mean, come on, why was she even entertaining the situation? I turned her mic off. I think that sometimes they are unaware it's even on, being broadcast to the world.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Word to the wise.
Leave mic off unless your in a party w/ friends..
  • RooftopSniper and AbandonedMovie like this

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Spyrothedragon9972, 21 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

They are either griefing you and everyone else indiscriminately or they're the "get back in the kitchen" kids that will never get laid.  Either way you should go about your business, being a "clean player" but trust nobody unless you know them well.  If you see someone coming in hot on the mini map, tear them a new one if they try to mess with you.  This is my favourite part of the game.  I'll exit my garage in my Entity, there will be 2 people unloading on me.  They can't damage me until the exiting animation is complete.  I'll gun it 30 feet down the road and stop.  They'll chase me on foot and continue shooting at me.  Little do they know that they cannot hit be from the back of my car.  I'll then proceed to gun them both down with my A pistol.  They will then receive a barrage of messages that are a mixture of sumg and insulting, just to coax them to try and kill me again.  I'll usually keep this up until I'm bored or until they rage quit.  My personal record is killing the same person 12 times in a row, not taking a single bit of damage to my character's health.  Gotta live griefing the griefers.

• senormidget and AbandonedMovie like this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Set mic to crew/friends.
I still haven't seen OP cite any evidence that she's being attacked because of gender.

Everyone gets attacked.

What we need are private Free Mode lobbies like GTA4*. Amazed we are lacking this. What, did R* never play their own f*cking game?

*by invite only, cops OFF

I'll get my coat...
  • I'll get my coat...

Should know better...

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Playing as the chick guys have stopped and beeped and picked me up and taken me for a ride
Gets kinda scary l
Don't know where the f*ck they're taking me sometimes??

This ^^^ is super correct. Scares me and I work with metal and big noisy tools for a living.....

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

I wouldn't play if I wasn't up for the game and getting killed (and often) but it's really ridiculous to spend so much time changing sessions and being in passive. Unless you are playing as a female you've probably not experienced it. I define griefing as being riddled the moment you respawn, having players go out of the way to repeatedly run you down, blow you up over and over again in the course of a few minutes. I just see it happening to girls all the time, guys not so much. just sayin.

I kill people like that all the time, I don't even give it a second thought as to what their gender is, ingame or otherwise. In fact I spent one session chasing this guy down and ended up killing him 31 times (as I found out when checking social club afterwards), he was a male. See you're not alone.

That wasn't for no reason though, but I do kill randoms up to 10 times for no reason just because I feel like it. No harm, just a virtual pixel.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

^cha-ching!

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well, last night there was a woman on the mic obviously being killed by a couple of dirty rats and she was making the biggest song and dance about it, to the point where.... I admit... I actually wanted to go plug her as well until she left. It was not for being a girl though. She was as annoying as hell! I mean, come on, why was she even entertaining the situation? I turned her mic off. I think that sometimes they are unaware it's even on, being broadcast to the world.

I have seen a couple of girls play the "poor me" crap and yeah, it's tiring and a discredit to the rest of us that just want to have some old fashioned gangster fun...

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

They are either griefing you and everyone else indiscriminately or they're the "get back in the kitchen" kids that will never get laid.  Either way you should go about your business, being a "clean player" but trust nobody unless you know them well.  If you see someone coming in hot on the mini map, tear them a new one if they try to mess with you.  This is my favourite part of the game.  I'll exit my garage in my Entity, there will be 2 people unloading on me.  They can't damage me until the exiting animation is complete.  I'll gun it 30 feet down the road and stop.  They'll chase me on foot and continue shooting at me.  Little do they know that they cannot hit be from the back of my car.  I'll then proceed to gun them both down with my A pistol.  They will then receive a barrage of messages that are a mixture of sumg and insulting, just to coax them to try and kill me again.  I'll usually keep this up until I'm bored or until they rage quit.  My personal recored is killing the same person 12 times in a row, not taking a single bit of damage to my character's health.  Gotta live griefing the griefers.

I think I love you. 

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hang on, you just contradicted yourself...you want to have somw "gangster fun" - but you're complaining aboot "getting killed often"..?

Err....?

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hang on, you just contradicted yourself...you want to have somw "gangster fun" - but you're complaining aboot "getting killed often"..?

Err....?

Gangsters usually have a motive imho, either to make money or raise their reputation. Repeatedly killing does neither unless you are stupid enough to carry wads o cash with ya. I am looking forward to heists -- will be fun to do something that requires more strategy than just hiding out and killing before being killed :D

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Aye, that'll be cool.
I think you have to accept we live in a post-COD world where people get stuck in "respawn, kill, respawn, kill, respawn, kill" trance and are going to act like bawbags.
:/

Aunty Fascist
  • Aunty Fascist

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

I am a woman who plays a female character on mic and I don't get blown up any more than anyone else in any session does. In fact, I've made some friends and been allowed to run with them BECAUSE i'm a woman. They'll be blowing everybody else up and let me run around with them getting a cut of the jobs.

But since I'm sick of being griefed in general I tend to do invite-only or friends-only games now. It's easier that way.

I'm not denying what OP is saying because your experience is yours and I am not you so I can't see it from your point of view. I'm just saying that not every woman is experiencing the same difficulties in online play.

There are a whole lot of freaking idiots online though. I listen to what is being said in public lobbies and if I hear a lot of misogynistic, sexist bullsh*t or lots of obvious children on mic then I just switch sessions. Or just watch them screw each other over on my apartment TV.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

They are either griefing you and everyone else indiscriminately or they're the "get back in the kitchen" kids that will never get laid.  Either way you should go about your business, being a "clean player" but trust nobody unless you know them well.  If you see someone coming in hot on the mini map, tear them a new one if they try to mess with you.  This is my favourite part of the game.  I'll exit my garage in my Entity, there will be 2 people unloading on me.  They can't damage me until the exiting animation is complete.  I'll gun it 30 feet down the road and stop.  They'll chase me on foot and continue shooting at me.  Little do they know that they cannot hit be from the back of my car.  I'll then proceed to gun them both down with my A pistol.  They will then receive a barrage of messages that are a mixture of sumg and insulting, just to coax them to try and kill me again.  I'll usually keep this up until I'm bored or until they rage quit.  My personal recored is killing the same person 12 times in a row, not taking a single bit of damage to my character's health.  Gotta live griefing the griefers.

I think I love you. 

Don't I feel special.

AbandonedMovie
  • AbandonedMovie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:16 AM Edited by AbandonedMovie, 21 November 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have to think that it's all coming down to luck of the draw...getting into sessions with other like minded people who just want to rank up/do missions, races and fart around as opposed to the folks who have the notion it's all about griefing others, regardless of gender. If you wanna play sometime, my gamer tag xbox live is AbandonedMovie, or look for LuckyMisfit (my daughter, yes...I really am 55 and playing GTA!)  We do live in the real life Sandy Shores (area by Salton Sea aka Alamo Sea) in California. And while Rockstar may not have everything perfect, they nailed it when it comes to this area. 

• mupp3tz likes this

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have to think that it's all coming down to luck of the draw...getting into sessions with other like minded people who just want to rank up/do missions, races and fart around as opposed to the folks who have the notion it's all about griefing others, regardless of gender. If you wanna play sometime, my gamer tag xbox live is AbandonedMovie, or look for LuckyMisfit (my daughter, yes...I really am 55 and playing GTA!)  We do live in the real life Sandy Shores (area by Salton Sea aka Alamo Sea) in California. And while Rockstar may not have everything perfect, they nailed it when it comes to this area. 

That must feel weird, seeing chaos erupting in a virtual version of the place where you actually live.  

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

I'll be sure to see you around in a session and tank you for posting on the forums.

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Professional Pilot IRL

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

It's not because you're female, I can tell you that. People just like killing people in videogames. Occasionally I've heard the random racist or misogynistic remark on mic, but that's few and far in between. I can understand your issues with passive mode though, it can be a pain when I'm trying to advertise, "Don't waste your time on me, I'm passive," and everyone else reads it as, "I'm defenseless! Come annoy me!"

You aren't entirely 'defenseless,' though. My condolences for the poor fools who have tried running me over straight into an oncoming train or deep body of water. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users