Photo

Interactive Map Issue

12 replies to this topic
Cheeto
  • Cheeto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't understand. Yesterday, I was viewing your interactive map for GTA IV, without any issues. Today, the map does not appear. The switches on the right of the map are present but no map.

Any web admins have an explanation for this?

Henrique_copa
  • Henrique_copa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm having the same problem here... What is going on? =/

Cheeto
  • Cheeto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Additionally, I have found other sites, as well (i.e. gamesgeo.com), are having this issue, with regard to interactive maps. I, at first, thought to check my browser settings. I also, checked to make sure that Java was up-to-date. But still, even this a.m., they are not functioning for me.

Can someone please, find out:  what is the malfunction here? Is it my problem? Or is it issues with the websites? Thx.

Henrique_copa
  • Henrique_copa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

My java is updated as well... I tried it on other browsers, but nothing... the same white screen is happening...

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

The Google Maps API changed completely recently I think, it probably f*cked everything up and might need fixing.

Henrique_copa
  • Henrique_copa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Do you know if they're going to fix it? Or is it going to stay like this?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I don't know at all. It probably won't stay like that I'd assume, but I dunno if it'll be fixed rapidly.

Henrique_copa
  • Henrique_copa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Since all the other Pigeons maps are different from the ones I used here, there goes my pigeon hunt... =/

Cheeto
  • Cheeto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Well, of course, they will fix it somehow. It may take a bit of time for the web master to figure out how to re-code the page, though.

Myself, I've taken images from the web and created my own offline version for the pigeon map. I try to do this for all my games. That is, get all the online maps and screenshots and create my own offline version, in case there are times I do not have internet access.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'll begin saying that I am posting this here because it'll be completely ignored in the IV section and it is kind of a site issue, not a forum issue.

Okay now the IV interactive map: http://www.gta4.net/map/ is a very useful feature and I actually used it on my previous account for my two large Liberty City Real Life Counterparts thread. Well the area where the map should be seems to have gone blank; it's now just some white space.

Is there anyway somebody could work on this? If it just stays like this, all of my hard work on those threads would've been for nothing and I nor anybody would be able to locate those real life buildings I pointed out.

• GTAKid667 likes this

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Since all the other Pigeons maps are different from the ones I used here, there goes my pigeon hunt... =/

There are static maps available that show the location for the same this as on the interactive map just google.

http://www.gamesrada...e-pigeon-guide/

Henrique_copa
  • Henrique_copa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thank you! I found this one before, just couldn't know if the numbers were the same... I'm gonna trust you and keep working on this one then. Thank you very much!

Cheeto
  • Cheeto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Well...I still haven't noticed whether, or not, one of the site admins or webmaster have noticed this thread. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who "Really" knows what we can expect, with regard to this map being un-viewable. I would feel better if I had someone with more definitive knowledge regarding this issue, responding to this thread, and giving us their input.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users