Photo

GTA V doesn't feel like GTA

97 replies to this topic
Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

They changed everything that it is GTA. Changing the radar from circle to square, cycling weapons with the trigger to a big cycle screen, the Arcady stats screen after you beat a mission. This just ruins the GTA " Magic" feel. gta is going down the toilet.
  • kvic, NinjaWJ, /Tuomaz and 2 others like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

I'm fine with those changes, for me what ruined that "magic" feel is the online.

• gtaxpert, Pelle, NinjaWJ and 10 others like this

carl turtle
  • carl turtle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

LazyStar has killed GTA series a long time ago

• 17th and user14 like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hey, at least the box art still has a helicopter in the top left corner! Such fun!

• Duxfever, NinjaWJ, Sakurai Aoi and 3 others like this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by darkdayz, 20 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

They changed everything that it is GTA. Changing the radar from circle to square, cycling weapons with the trigger to a big cycle screen, the Arcady stats screen after you beat a mission. This just ruins the GTA " Magic" feel. gta is going down the toilet.

Radar is a good change for me, weapons wheel is a beautiful thing. Going through each weapon was bloody annoying, glad they included that from RDR. The BOGT 100% thing is one thing I don't like, it's a big immersion breaker. It doesn't really work I don't think.

Could of put in the corner - "Press square for mission stats" no bigger than the writing that comes up for car names, for people who want to 100% everything, that way they can easily check, but those who just want to play and be immersed, they wouldn't notice it after a couple of missions. Those stats are in the pause menu anyway, so why not just have small writing which links to it via press of a button, rather than MISSION COMPLETE 70% every time you complete an awesome mission and think to yourself. "Oh yeah, just a game."

• KING2dor, DeafMetal, Ermac. and 4 others like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hey, at least the box art still has a helicopter in the top left corner! Such fun!

Interesting how every box art has a helicopter in the top left corner.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Except for the fact that in EVERY OTHER REGARD it feels exactly like a GTA game.

• D1RTYŽ, Wolfhuman and ReekyAlex like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Gta san andreas had stats, gta iv had a different radar. Every gta is different.

• DeafMetal and Albert De Silva like this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 20 November 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Times have changed mate. New games lack any vibe that previous games had. Plus with all the social intergration and DLC bullsh*t games are becoming more of a average gamer thing. I can't remember last game which was actually inovative, now It's all about the graphics engines and amount of content you get, gameplay mechanics haven't changed much since years ago.

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

GTA SP still feels like GTA... GTAO however now feels like sh*t because we're forced to work hard and "earn" money. f*ck that. Grand THEFT auto... not grand pay auto.

• theGTAking101 likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

GTA SP still feels like GTA... GTAO however now feels like sh*t because we're forced to work hard and "earn" money. f*ck that. Grand THEFT auto... not grand pay auto.

True.

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

You're still committing crimes to get the money, its not like you are being forced into a 9-5 office job..

Its a game, play it, enjoy it..

• D1RTYŽ and BrainFreeze like this

not bothered
  • not bothered

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm fine with those changes, for me what ruined that "magic" feel is the online.

How can you say that when online is pretty much exactly the same as GTA IV (which is arguably the worst GTA) and previous generation of GTA games didn't even have online?

• KING2dor likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

How can you say that when online is pretty much exactly the same as GTA IV (which is arguably the worst GTA) and previous generation of GTA games didn't even have online?

Because in GTA IV they didn't sacrifice the singleplayer experience for the online. And GTA IV was actually a good game...

• Witchking Of Angmar, theGTAking101 and -inVADER- like this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

What game are you playing? GTA IV's multiplayer is not the same as V's.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Times have changed mate. New games lack any vibe that previous games had. Plus with all the social intergration and DLC bullsh*t games are becoming more of a average gamer thing. I can't remember last game which was actually inovative, now It's all about the graphics engines and amount of content you get, gameplay mechanics haven't changed much since years ago.

Lol........

GTA SA to GTA IV, yeah same gameplay mechanics.

GTA IV to GTA V, yeah same game mechanics.

You should probably understand what that means before you make such claims.

not bothered
  • not bothered

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

That came out wrong, I was thinking in terms of the 'magic' that the OP referred to. GTA V and IV online modes are clearly different but i can't see how V ruined the 'magic' feel... you're playing in the GTA world online with other plays, surely the 'magic' is the same in both.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by DymeDef, 20 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

That came out wrong, I was thinking in terms of the 'magic' that the OP referred to. GTA V and IV online modes are clearly different but i can't see how V ruined the 'magic' feel... you're playing in the GTA world online with other plays, surely the 'magic' is the same in both.

Not really when there is only a handful of NPCs that are not mission enemies on your screen at any given time. It's not as immersive as SP and that is what a lot of the "magic" people talk about comes from.

not bothered
  • not bothered

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Not really when there is only a handful of NPCs that are not mission enemies on your screen at any given time. It's not as immersive as SP and that is what a lot of the "magic" people talk about comes from.

Some people are never happy. If there was as many NPCs in online mode it would be a complete lag fest which would trigger even more moaning. 

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Oh wow, two HUD changes and an addition which speeds up the process of changing weapons. It's not like it's gotten rid of the ability to shoot people, run from the cops and steal cars.

Look at the progression from just III to IV, a lot has changed, yet I can still quite easily tell that they're a part of the same franchise.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Every single thread made by you has been hate hate hate.

There's literally a billion billion other games and game forums out there for you. Troll them, gawd.

Dead_general
  • Dead_general

Big easy

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

should be top down view like the original have not as good graphics as it does now if it had that it would be gta but this gta5 is just a vin diesel wheelman clone.

(i am Joking)

• KING2dor and Bizdaddy like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Since its pretty impossible to prove or disprove whether the magic is or isn't there I'll just say...

Sucks...
  • hooma likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

What's wrong with change? I'd say these improve the game more than hurt it.

• KING2dor likes this

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

You could still have sex with prostitutes, steal cars and doing mass murders, it's still gta

Online and tiny downloadable contents are the real plagues of our times in Our supreme opinion
  • AlexL likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

I like that now if I want a weapon all I have to do is bring a wheel and it is there. No going to ammunation to switch what is in a certain slot. This is a good thing in my book. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

What OP is trying to say is that V's disk doesn't fit correctly in his vagina, unlike the previous GTAs.
  • KING2dor and Echolex like this

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

GTA V is an alright game, but I really dislike the Online portion this time around. I had so much fun on GTA IV just hopping on Free Mode and doing whatever I pleased. Now I have to log on and rank up and grind missions to unlock things/buy things and this and that... it's just not something I enjoy which is why I haven't touched online in over a month.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Official General, 20 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.

I don't really give a f**k about all of that. Most of those minor changes you mentioned were fine, although I'd rather the weapon system from GTA IV and not the weapon wheel.

What makes GTA V not 'feel like GTA' in many areas are :

* Major lack of decent side missions/activities to do with crime - in some instances it was non-existent. Too much emphasis on leisure activities, especially useless stuff like yoga.

* Very limited amount of accessible interiors relative to it's size. It's unbelievable that IV has more accessible interiors.

* A very mediocre, weak storyline and script with a messed up pace and structure. Working for cops and federal agents for half of the game's main storyline is not the ideal kind of storyline for a GTA game. It gets even worse when the more fun and interesting criminal stuff takes a backseat for that cop bullsh*t.

* Short single player campaign.

* Online multiplayer part of the game given more priority and better treatment over single player.

GTA V just does not fully feel like GTA to me for these specific reasons. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

GTAV feels more like vice city and san andreas to me. GTAIV felt like the odd one out.

• KING2dor and DeafMetal like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users