Photo

Drift Inc. [Mission Series]

31 replies to this topic
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 27 December 2013 - 10:37 AM.

YFKrqfQ.png

Mission Series Status: Unfinished.

Theme Song

Story

On June, 7th, 2006, Paul and a group of highly skilled criminals pulled off an audacious heist, in which they succeeded in with no hint of evidence.

The year is 2013. Protagonist Paul Nester is living the good life, until one day, when an unknown man steals his car. This car (a yellow Comet) was used in the getaway for the heist in 2006. In any moment this car could end up in the wrong hands and the crew could be caught. Paul brings the crew back together after 7 years to pull off one last job, where they must fight for their freedom, and uncover secrets about this special car. 

Characters

Name: Paul Nester

Description: Protagonist of the MP. He is a skillful driver and experienced in pulling off dangerous jobs. 

Name: Vincent Dominic

Description: Crew member who assisted Paul on the getaway. He is great shooter and helpful in shootouts.

Name: Patrick Toby

Description: A hacker who assisted the technical part of the heist in 06. He is a technological expert but also does well in gunfights.

Name: Earl Nixon

Description: A crew member who is also a crazy psycho. He is deadly and can get angry.

Name: Eddie Nelson

Description: Crew member who was hired because of his high ranking in the Grove St. Families. He knows how to silence someone. 

Name: Daryl Jones 

Description: A high ranking member of The Feared. He knows a lot about his gang and witnessed Drift Inc. assault their gang. 

Name: Al Nokia

Description: Leader of the feared. Said to be a powerful and unstoppable man. 

Missions:

1) Introduction - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29048

2) The Fast Lane - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29087

3) Taking Back What's Ours - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29105

4) The Feared - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29134

5) Stealing The Stealer - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29177

6) Juxtaposition - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29324

7) Time After Time - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29414

• Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM likes this

KingFZ
  • KingFZ

Killer Of Your Fate

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Wishing All the best ! for this.

by the way I like the theme song Music.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=10abhLaAaPg

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 10:23 AM.

@T13 Cheers.

@KingFZ Thank you. It is one of my favorite themes from GTA V. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Ignore.

HELLO GUY
  • HELLO GUY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by HELLO GUY, 23 November 2013 - 10:25 AM.

I have never played any of your mission packs, because you never finish them, but if you will actually finish this one, I'm going to download all your mission packs and play them.

It's because I don't want to play 100 mission packs with only one chapter or one intro mission. This will prove, that you're not some kind of lazy ass, who never finishes, what he started.

• Target13Productions likes this

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

This is interesting... I'll play this when I have free time and give you some feedbacks. Goodluck :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have never played any of your mission packs, because you never finish them, but if you will actually finish this one, I'm going to download all your mission packs and play them.

It's because I don't want to play 100 mission packs with only one chapter or one intro mission. This will prove, that you're not some kind of lazy ass, who never finishes, what he started.

To be honest It's not the fact that I'm lazy, it's the fact that the story is heading nowhere and/or nobody plays the MP. But I have this one planned out so ill hopefully finish it :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Ignore.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by Stromae, 26 November 2013 - 05:45 PM.

For some reason I expected some illuminati stuff when I saw the pic of the dollar.. But it sounds good, I 'll play it when I have some time. :)

Edit:

Alright, I've played it. I liked the idea of your story a lot before playing it, but after playing the first four missions I have to take that back. The story just feels way to rushed. We barely get to know the characters and their place in the story (how/when/why did they get there/get involved?). But all that is forgivable, but one thing that bothers me is the way you present your cutscenes. I can't really enjoy a mission if it feels like the designer was to lazy to put much effort in the scene. No colors, pretty much the same actors, multiple 'talking' animations while only one person has a dialogue, etc.

The dialogue bothers me a bit as well. The grammar wasn't perfect, but that's not really a problem for me because mine isn't either. But I really dislike your use of words and the way you rush the story. You don't really take time to tell your story, you just try to put it all in about three to five cutscenes.

Realism is also something you might consider improving. I usually don't really mind how realistic a MP is, but the mission where you need to go and hire assassins was pretty unrealistic (even for my standards :p ). The kidnapping of Jason's father was something that was pretty unrealistic as well. There was no dialogue or whatsoever while you took him to your house. And even after that the dialogue was pretty short, and contradicted itself. At first they decided to not tell David what they want from his son, and two lines after that Keegan (I think) says he's going to tell David they 'll kill him if Jason doesn't bring them the money.

Anyway, those were the bad points which are always easier to highlight. But imo someone has to say it, without (negative) feedback no one would improve. I know it sounds like I don't like it at all, but that isn't true. I really like the idea behind your story and I 'll probably play the next few missions, hoping they 'll improve. So, goodluck with this. :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:54 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 10:24 AM.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.

Hey guys.

So I decided instead of wasting another topic, I've edited the OP with my brand new story. Make sure to check out the first mission. 

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29048

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Oh c'mon! Don't expect me to make a walkthrough. Because before you know it. you will start another MP and ditch this one. I was actually interested in TAD.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 01 December 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Oh c'mon! Don't expect me to make a walkthrough. Because before you know it. you will start another MP and ditch this one. I was actually interested in TAD.

I wasn't. I'm sorry if you were interested in TAD, but it was one of the worst MP's created by me IMO. It was so great in my head. That's the reason I just remade this topic. I'm probably going to finish off my other MP's, but this one was too bad to complete.  I don't expect you to make a walkthrough either. 

And no offence, but you have a habit of ditching your MP's too. But, y'know, most other DYOM designers do aswell. But I'm going to finish this MP. Mark my words. 

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes, I Do ditch my MPs but not every month, I Mean, The Pershing Snakes was just a couple of months back. Then came The Submerged Ghost, Then came Breaking The Z then The Almighty Dollar & Now this. So many MPs in very short time.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm not ditching those though. I'm going to finish off The Submerged Ghost after this, then maybe the other 2. 

So far, The Almighty Dollar and The Suns Wrath (which was an MP I made waaaaay back when I first started designing) are the only MP's I've officially cancelled. I may work on my others ones after this. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

New mission released!

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29087

Make sure to play, rate and give feedback. :) Cheers.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

New mission released! :)

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29105

Make sure to give me feedback guys, I want to know how to improve upon this series. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

New mission out! :D

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29134

Feedback always welcome. 

Chips237
  • Chips237

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:12 AM Edited by Chips237, 08 December 2013 - 10:17 AM.

And that is why i quit designing.

Anyways, gonna play your missions, will edit this post when i do.

EDIT:

Played.

8.9/10

- For some reason, this reminds me of three of my favorite mission packs: The Runaway, Kidnapped and The Tale of Jack Frazer. (All made by Jimmy_Leppard with the exception of TTOJF, which was the 2nd multi-designers project)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

Lol, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Chips237
  • Chips237

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by Chips237, 08 December 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Lol, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Good thing, if you ask me, so you guys won't have an extra page of unfinished MP's.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

New mission out! :D

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29177

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hey guys. Sorry about the delay of missions, I'm quite lazy. :D

Anyway, new mission released! Make sure to try it out.

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29324

Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM
  • Vinesh AKA SanAndreasDYOM

What yo suckin' bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

This mission pack is awesome! It's cool ya' man.. All about the 'Yellow Comet'. Make a good endings, Good luck!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

This mission pack is awesome! It's cool ya' man.. All about the 'Yellow Comet'. Make a good endings, Good luck!

Cheers, man. I have a great ending in mind.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

New mission! Sorry for the delay once again, hope you enjoy my new mission. There's a twist in it. :D Once again, feedback always appreciated. 

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29414

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

You are working hard on this. Well, Not 8 missions but still quality than quantity.

I Saw that you are starting a new mission pack. Good luck.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

You are working hard on this. Well, Not 8 missions but still quality than quantity.

Thanks man. It's a coincidence you posted this at this time. Because I've almost completed my final mission, and now It's started crashing because there's too many objectives. All I've wanted is to finish a mission pack, and it seems that at the very end it all f*cks up. I don't even know why I try anymore. Nobodies even playing this mission pack, and I take hours out of my day tediously making these missions.

I want to finish this mission pack, I truly do. But it's all f*cked me over at the very end. 

I'll try to fix the crashing, but I doubt I can. I'm truly sorry to those interested in this Mission Pack. I tried, and I think I've failed. 

Syndrome
  • Syndrome

Grab Potato and RUUUUNNN!!!!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thanks man. It's a coincidence you posted this at this time. Because I've almost completed my final mission, and now It's started crashing because there's too many objectives. All I've wanted is to finish a mission pack, and it seems that at the very end it all f*cks up. I don't even know why I try anymore. Nobodies even playing this mission pack, and I take hours out of my day tediously making these missions.

I want to finish this mission pack, I truly do. But it's all f*cked me over at the very end. 

I'll try to fix the crashing, but I doubt I can. I'm truly sorry to those interested in this Mission Pack. I tried, and I think I've failed. 

If you would post more details about your crash in support section, other designers might help you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users