Quantcast

» «
Photo

Someone present me with solid evidence...

172 replies to this topic
Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

OP here. This thread has proved one thing, and one thing only.

And that's that we suuure do love to have useless opinion fights here at the GTAForums.

• DeafMetal and CanOdope like this

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

And that's that we suuure do love to have useless opinion fights here at the GTAForums.

Yup. 22 hours and 6 pages. I skipped from 1 to 6 coz I was sure of what was going on.

Idk how people think MP takes away from SP experience, it's just an option to play. It also acts as a small prequel to singleplayer. Lester talks about a guy he worked with for the heist, then said he's no good. Franklin said Madrazo's witnesses all died, because it was the GTAO character.

Neato burrito, no?
  • CanOdope likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

It's also proved that 99% of the people claiming the game suffered as a result of GTAO's development don't understand the difference between opinion and fact. 

Simply stating that you think it suffered, without any reference to back that up, is not providing facts. Saying 'hey, didn't you read what I wrote, my opinions are facts' is not the same as showing us some actual, solid evidence that the SP team had to take a back seat to the Online team, thus causing their development to suffer. 

There is no evidence of this. I'd go as far as to say it's a fact, but I have no evidence to illustrate this. 

SEE HOW IT WORKS? Evidence: it's what you use when you're trying to prove something. 

• CanOdope likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm just gonna copy and paste my other comment, since no one seems to want to acknowledge it:

"I'll say it once: SP did not suffer because of multiplayer.

Wanna know how? Because there's 2 different development teams. One for SP, one for multiplayer. People act as if there's one big team working on everything. Those people don't know what they're talking about.

Are the 2 teams in contact? Most definitely. Could some things benefit SP by being added from MP? Sure. But saying that SP is dumbed down because of online is literal retardation, because it cannot be. It's literally impossible for it to be, since there are separate teams.

If you didn't like the story, then OK, that's your opinion. That's the story that the SP team came up with, and it wasn't rushed because of MP, because MP AND SP ARE THERE OWN SEPARATE TEAMS."

And you have proven to know nothing about game development.

"Sad thing is they can easily port the code to Single Player"

Haha, no. Although it depends on what gets ported, it's not as easy as copy and paste.

The point of the topic is to give the OP solid evidence that SP was half-assed because of Online. This is not possible, because there's only speculation after my comment. OP wins the day.

Who gives a f*ck if they were 2 different teams? They are both working on GTA V so why couldn't they just copy/paste those features to singleplayer? I'm starting to get annoyed with those blind fanboys who would praise anything Rockstar would throw at them. Open your eyes and have a conscience of your own!

Copy/paste? That actually made me lol. And why won't you open your eyes? Did you been there with Rockstar during the whole gta 5 development? Did you ever develop a huge game? How do you know its just copy and paste? If it was just copy and paste then i am damn sure that they would have implement the online features in SP. 

Oh but then again, maybe if they did you wouldn't care. If they did made the train driveable then you maybe would be like, naah not going to use that. Sometimes the gamer want to see how far they can get to have the game developer things in game. Its not like they ever going to use those things, they just want the feeling of being in control over the video game.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Copy/paste? That actually made me lol. And why won't you open your eyes? Did you been there with Rockstar during the whole gta 5 development? Did you ever develop a huge game? How do you know its just copy and paste? If it was just copy and paste then i am damn sure that they would have implement the online features in SP. 

Oh but then again, maybe if they did you wouldn't care. If they did made the train driveable then you maybe would be like, naah not going to use that. Sometimes the gamer want to see how far they can get to have the game developer things in game. Its not like they ever going to use those things, they just want the feeling of being in control over the video game.

Yes, all they had to do is copy/paste those features because the code is already there, it just has to be activated! Look at the gameplay trailer they posted back in july, they show purchaseable houses from that dynasty 8 website (in singleplayer).They did not add those features because they want more people playing the online, or add them later as dlc so that way they can make more money... Simple as that.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yes, all they had to do is copy/paste those features because the code is already there, it just has to be activated! Look at the gameplay trailer they posted back in july, they show purchaseable houses from that dynasty 8 website (in singleplayer).They did not add those features because they want more people playing the online, or add them later as dlc so that way they can make more money... Simple as that.

And again you say its copy and paste. Maybe they removed it because it caused glitches/bugs, who knows. Like i said, we can only speculate. But to say its just copy and paste...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Safehouses weren't cut from SP, anyways they are a pointless feature too.

The gameplay trailer was just badly displayed..

It was pretty misleading though, but if that's the case why does the Dynasty 8 site still show up as "under maintenance" in SP?

Honestly it seems you have an excuse for everything that can be considered a negative against the game.
  • DeafMetal, Ermac., ThroatSlasher2 and 2 others like this

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

It was pretty misleading though, but if that's the case why does the Dynasty 8 site still show up as "under maintenance" in SP?
Honestly it seems you have an excuse for everything that can be considered a negative against the game.

OK, DON'T take this as offensive but...I own a house (apartment really)in "real" life, so why would I complain about owning a house in a game that will be considered" old news" in a year or 2. It was nice to buy houses in previous games, but I never really cared about them (just another place to save, and a few new knick-knacks here and there) so what really is the purpose of a house? You can buy garages to put your cars in, so why to we "need" a house?
I am in no way trying to start a fight (especially with a MOD) but I kinda want to hear the reason why houses are such a "NEEDFUL THING" in a game based around crime and violence...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

best answer you got? copy/pasta?

bro Ive done my own games and I can honestly say copy pasting takes way more time than actually doing it from the ground up... 

• Wolfhuman likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

OK, DON'T take this as offensive but...I own a house (apartment really)in "real" life, so why would I complain about owning a house in a game that will be considered" old news" in a year or 2. It was nice to buy houses in previous games, but I never really cared about them (just another place to save, and a few new knick-knacks here and there) so what really is the purpose of a house? You can buy garages to put your cars in, so why to we "need" a house?
I am in no way trying to start a fight (especially with a MOD) but I kinda want to hear the reason why houses are such a "NEEDFUL THING" in a game based around crime and violence...

kingkock666

Well if you did not know, GTA is not a game that's purely based on crime and violence - it is game that is almost totally based around criminal and violent acts that are carried out by the protagonist to gain money and wealth. In order to really implement that feeling in the game, there has to be nice things for the players to spend money on, as to feel like they achieved something from the hard-earned cash made from crime. It's no use going all out to have gang wars, sell drugs, blow up buildings, rob banks and kill off entire police squads just to earn money to buy food, clothes and weapons you already have. There has to be a suitable end purpose for all this stuff, and buying property, both business and residential would definitely be the best examples of that. 

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

I'm just gonna copy and paste my other comment, since no one seems to want to acknowledge it:

Wanna know how? Because there's 2 different development teams. One for SP, one for multiplayer. People act as if there's one big team working on everything. Those people don't know what they're talking about.

Are the 2 teams in contact? Most definitely. Could some things benefit SP by being added from MP? Sure. But saying that SP is dumbed down because of online is literal retardation, because it cannot be. It's literally impossible for it to be, since there are separate teams.

If you didn't like the story, then OK, that's your opinion. That's the story that the SP team came up with, and it wasn't rushed because of MP, because MP AND SP ARE THERE OWN SEPARATE TEAMS."

Haha, no. Although it depends on what gets ported, it's not as easy as copy and paste.

The point of the topic is to give the OP solid evidence that SP was half-assed because of Online. This is not possible, because there's only speculation after my comment. OP wins the day.

Who gives a f*ck if they were 2 different teams? They are both working on GTA V so why couldn't they just copy/paste those features to singleplayer? I'm starting to get annoyed with those blind fanboys who would praise anything Rockstar would throw at them. Open your eyes and have a conscience of your own!

Who do you keep spouting "copy/paste!" like you know how game development works? It's obvious you don't. Copy/pasting is a terrible idea for code unless you know for a fact where it goes and know it will work.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Who do you keep spouting "copy/paste!" like you know how game development works? It's obvious you don't. Copy/pasting is a terrible idea for code unless you know for a fact where it goes and know it will work.

exactly... -.- I tried copy pasting back in 2005... sh*t went badly... had to redo the whole base...

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

Bazinga!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

No realistic steak in single player...

There is realistic steak. It's right next to Chop's doghouse in the Vinewood hills.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Is the OP being serious or just sarcastically funny? You would have to be a moron to not realize all the things that aren't in SP that is in multiplayer.  I do not need to present evidence because THERE IS A TON OF IT!!!!!  And you'd have to be an idiot not to see it all.  It would take way too long... but here are some examples......

5 street races in SP.... near 100 in multiplayer. 

Military base not used AT ALL in SP.... several missions/jobs that involve the military base in MP

Prison not used in SP.... death match, race and mission involve the prison in MP

It is ridiculous the amount of evidence there is that MP took away from the SP experience.  

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Give it up kids, Rockstar f*cked everyone in the ass, and they even had the audacity to charge us actual money for it and they didn't even have the common courtesy to use any of Lesters Anal Lube before penetration, you're all officially Rockstars bitches now, they're laughing all the way to the bank, they've turned GTA into a yoga excercise with some darts and golf thrown in for good measure.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 22 November 2013 - 03:26 AM.

Is the OP being serious or just sarcastically funny? You would have to be a moron to not realize all the things that aren't in SP that is in multiplayer.  I do not need to present evidence because THERE IS A TON OF IT!!!!!  And you'd have to be an idiot not to see it all.  It would take way too long... but here are some examples......

Military base not used AT ALL in SP.... several missions/jobs that involve the military base in MP

Prison not used in SP.... death match, race and mission involve the prison in MP

It is ridiculous the amount of evidence there is that MP took away from the SP experience.  

Stuff in multiplayer that isn't in SP isn't proof that R* half-assed SP for multiplayer. MP is supposed to last for more than GTA 5. GTA: Online is the new GTA multiplayer. Every GTA's multiplayer from here on out. Of course there are gonna be more stuff in multiplayer. GTA: Online is R*'s 'RPG'. GTA 5 isn't a RPG

ColdHearted: Charge us money for what? The multiplayer? No, that was free. The DLC? No, that was also free. What are you trying to get at?

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by kingkock666, 22 November 2013 - 05:14 AM.

Give it up kids, Rockstar f*cked everyone in the ass, and they even had the audacity to charge us actual money for it and they didn't even have the common courtesy to use any of Lesters Anal Lube before penetration, you're all officially Rockstars bitches now, they're laughing all the way to the bank, they've turned GTA into a yoga excercise with some darts and golf thrown in for good measure.

>Kids
>kids
>(is actually a kid himself)
>Anal
>(He likes Anal)
>f*cked
>F*died
>F
>(Farquaad)

I can see your true form! You DO NOT FOOL ME!!!!

kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

kingkock666

Well if you did not know, GTA is not a game that's purely based on crime and violence - it is game that is almost totally based around criminal and violent acts that are carried out by the protagonist to gain money and wealth. In order to really implement that feeling in the game, there has to be nice things for the players to spend money on, as to feel like they achieved something from the hard-earned cash made from crime. It's no use going all out to have gang wars, sell drugs, blow up buildings, rob banks and kill off entire police squads just to earn money to buy food, clothes and weapons you already have. There has to be a suitable end purpose for all this stuff, and buying property, both business and residential would definitely be the best examples of that.

Well thank you my good sir, thank you for not bashing me for asking a question like everybody else on this forum....How KIND of you..

But seriously, I guess I can see what you are saying!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

That's not evidence. That's some extra features in one game that aren't in the other. That shows nothing to indicate that the development of Online held back the development of SP. 

It could be considered evidence that the team working on Online had more time to focus on creating race tracks, which, considering there will be a track designer and deathmatch designer dropping soon, seems like a fairly easy task. Anyone could do it with the right tools, and they're giving those tools to the online community. So, we could infer from that that WE'RE holding back development of the SP game by adding more to the online. 

STUPID LOGIC IS STUPID.

They had to create more content for MP because it doesn't really have much of a story. They had to create stuff for people to do. Otherwise... well, why the f*ck would anyone play it? 

Once again, another stated opinion that is spoken like it's facts. It's really not. 

SP didn't suffer at all, it just has less distractions. It has more dialogue, more story, more characters. Those were the focus. Not the 5 minute distractions designed to keep those with short attention spans entertained. 

And f*ck me, it seems like even that isn't enough for some people. 

kurrupt2013
  • kurrupt2013

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

look for the egg cracked shaped rock in desert follow in line till u see pile of poop shaped rock right next to it is a ufo shaped rocked at one angle it looks like jet but when u face th egg then look at rock slanted the jet looks like ufo now in mural. where the jetpack is ,is just a locked door 2 in fact right by hippie camp. think of egg as p.o.v and look at mountain where the eye is on ground below the platform there is ur line from egg to eye as a p.o.v of mural the big boxes are in the desert and the lil boxes are on mountain. the egg rock is only thing i see that resembles a cracked egg even crack is in right jagged shape. use this and whatever eye u want to align mural with now u have top and bottom the eye on mural gets put on spot where eye in painted under platform size ur mural to fit that the rest of squares will align with lil things. when i did the ufo lined up with the ufo rock the egg rock and the 2 rooms. when u get to egg stand on top of huge egg rock and line ur sight with mountain then picture mural u are looking at over head view of mountain and the big egg box is ur anchor for the mural outline

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

"I mean, if GTA: Online had a good, fleshed out story that was better than the SP's, then yes, you can make that argument. You cannot make that argument here. There's absolutely no basis to it."

What I'm sayin' is they overrushed the story because they were too BUSY with online!!! Understand that? They had to RUSH it because TIME was a FACTOR!

I get what you're trying to say, but have you not read what I've said before? There's different teams. There's a team that works on SP, and there's a team that works on MP. How can SP be rushed if it's separate? It makes no sense. Not only that, but there's literally no proof to say the story was rushed. A bad story doesn't mean it's rushed. A guy can spend 10 years writing a book, but have it be terrible. 10 years isn't exactly a rush, is it?

And on top of that, story is one of the first things done when creating a game. If they rushed the story, it means they held everything off to the very last minute. That also makes no sense.

So you're telling me the guys who made the story for Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV wrote a sh*t story for V??  And the map is the first thing they make when creating the game, it's been stated numerous times in articles interviewing the houser brothers.

I don't know if it was the same writers. Probably not, because R* doesn't employ full-time writers. As far as I know, Bioware is the only company that does. That means that when they need something with a story, they use contracts. So it could've been the same guys, or it could not have been. You're gonna have to look at the credits of the games and find out.

And I said story is one of the first things done with a game. One of the first.

Story and map are made at the same time. They intertwine. It's not like the designers make a map, and then they make a story around that map. No, they're done in tandem.

I think we can both agree to disagree. But in the meantime can you write an Angels of Death DLC for GTA V for me?

It starts like this.

Angels of Death. Once the kings of motorcycle world, Today, rusted and torn apart after years of being at war with their worse rivals, The Lost. Now, a truce with The Lost has protected their way of life. As The Angels of Death drug enforcer  (insert protagonist's name here) must get his gang back in the meth business. Blaine County has all the open opportunities but a truce with The Lost can't be broken. The Lost President, Johnny Klebitz is deteriorating himself and the chapter with the overuse of the very same drug he sells. Will this be the way to get back in business or must a truce stay unbroken?

Please note that you do even understand the concept of how the development time line works,,,

Notice how you gave him the storey well before any work was made of this theoretical DLC?

It is also common belief that Online was the cause of the delays.... Realistically do you even believe that the story was anything but done by the time Online development started?

If anything I think it seems like the SP team weren't given any other project to keep them warm while Online caught up, so they got bored and started fixing what probably wasn't broke!

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

ATM robberies

That's not even in GTA Online.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

look for the egg cracked shaped rock in desert follow in line till u see pile of poop shaped rock right next to it is a ufo shaped rocked at one angle it looks like jet but when u face th egg then look at rock slanted the jet looks like ufo now in mural. where the jetpack is ,is just a locked door 2 in fact right by hippie camp. think of egg as p.o.v and look at mountain where the eye is on ground below the platform there is ur line from egg to eye as a p.o.v of mural the big boxes are in the desert and the lil boxes are on mountain. the egg rock is only thing i see that resembles a cracked egg even crack is in right jagged shape. use this and whatever eye u want to align mural with now u have top and bottom the eye on mural gets put on spot where eye in painted under platform size ur mural to fit that the rest of squares will align with lil things. when i did the ufo lined up with the ufo rock the egg rock and the 2 rooms. when u get to egg stand on top of huge egg rock and line ur sight with mountain then picture mural u are looking at over head view of mountain and the big egg box is ur anchor for the mural outline

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users