Quantcast

» «
Photo

Someone present me with solid evidence...

172 replies to this topic
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

...that the production of Online took away from the single-player experience.

Demonstrable evidence. Do it. Bring it to me, I'd like to see it, because I see a lot of whining about this on these forums because many of you seem to, for some reason, take the multiplayer direction of the series personally, and it upsets you. For some reason.

Single Player Trailer shown that you can buy houses and it was taken out for online. 

Now you got your proof so now get off of Rockstar dick. 

Congratulations. You have something that got cut from the game, which in no way proves SP being half-assed because of multiplayer. All that that proves is that buying houses got cut.

Do you even try anymore?

That shows you they cut something out. Use your head for once like you told someone else to do. 

Look at all the sh*t Online has over Single Player:

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Buying Garages and Apartments

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

Lester help ( Like remove Wanted Level, find plane and etc.... )

Play heist when ever you want when its out 

More clothes in Online

Sad thing is they can easily get port the code to Single Player. 

Now please come up with your logic proving I'm wrong and your right even with all the proof in front of your eyes. 

I'm just gonna copy and paste my other comment, since no one seems to want to acknowledge it:

"I'll say it once: SP did not suffer because of multiplayer.

Wanna know how? Because there's 2 different development teams. One for SP, one for multiplayer. People act as if there's one big team working on everything. Those people don't know what they're talking about.

Are the 2 teams in contact? Most definitely. Could some things benefit SP by being added from MP? Sure. But saying that SP is dumbed down because of online is literal retardation, because it cannot be. It's literally impossible for it to be, since there are separate teams.

If you didn't like the story, then OK, that's your opinion. That's the story that the SP team came up with, and it wasn't rushed because of MP, because MP AND SP ARE THERE OWN SEPARATE TEAMS."

And you have proven to know nothing about game development.

"Sad thing is they can easily port the code to Single Player"

Haha, no. Although it depends on what gets ported, it's not as easy as copy and paste.

So how do we know there are two development teams. Where's the proof? 

Most of the things they can easily port to Single Player. 

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Demonstrable evidence. Do it. Bring it to me, I'd like to see it, because I see a lot of whining about this on these forums because many of you seem to, for some reason, take the multiplayer direction of the series personally, and it upsets you. For some reason.

Single Player Trailer shown that you can buy houses and it was taken out for online. 

Congratulations. You have something that got cut from the game, which in no way proves SP being half-assed because of multiplayer. All that that proves is that buying houses got cut.

Do you even try anymore?

That shows you they cut something out. Use your head for once like you told someone else to do. 

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

Now please come up with your logic proving I'm wrong and your right even with all the proof in front of your eyes. 

I'm just gonna copy and paste my other comment, since no one seems to want to acknowledge it:

Wanna know how? Because there's 2 different development teams. One for SP, one for multiplayer. People act as if there's one big team working on everything. Those people don't know what they're talking about.

Are the 2 teams in contact? Most definitely. Could some things benefit SP by being added from MP? Sure. But saying that SP is dumbed down because of online is literal retardation, because it cannot be. It's literally impossible for it to be, since there are separate teams.

If you didn't like the story, then OK, that's your opinion. That's the story that the SP team came up with, and it wasn't rushed because of MP, because MP AND SP ARE THERE OWN SEPARATE TEAMS."

Haha, no. Although it depends on what gets ported, it's not as easy as copy and paste.

The point of the topic is to give the OP solid evidence that SP was half-assed because of Online. This is not possible, because there's only speculation after my comment. OP wins the day.

You don't know anything about writing code don't you? Porting the stuff that's online into offline IS NOT difficult. sh*t the pc players can do that in a f*cking day with a mod.

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by Dodgers2013Champs, 21 November 2013 - 12:51 AM.

This game is a mess cockstar hyped this up like the next Muhammad Ali. They halfed ass SP and only focus on online , and even that's sh*t. Gta is going down the drain.
  • AlexL likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

Did you was there with Rockstar when they developed gta 5 and gta online? Did you ever develop a huge game or in fact did you even develop a game? You brain would probably have the blue screen of death when you see the codes for gta v.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 November 2013 - 01:05 AM.

It still baffles me that people are still trying to say this game is good. It's a complete mess.

It still baffles me how people's IQ's are so low they don't know what opinions are.

Official General: read my post above. And how is OP licking R*'s ass? By asking for evidence? You're starting to sound like the asshats that roam around this forum calling anybody who like the game 'Cockstar fanboyz'

How about horrible a.i.?  Explain

Peds attacking you for no reason. No idea. If it was a glitch, it'd be fixed by now, so it must be a feature; making fun of how aggressive or protective Americans are. That's the only thing I could come up with that justifies it. Bad decision by R*

Story is full of plot holes. Story isn't the best

Horrible rendering. That's called being on a console with 512 MB of RAM and horrible specs with everything else.

and now the new DLC bugs Bugs usually happen when new code is introduced.

So the game's a complete mess due to a couple points? Just further proving what I said: Opinion

You are a complete dumb f*ck aren't you...I'm giving you facts and you are still saying opinion, read a f*cking dictionary sh*t for brains this game is complete sh*t. Get over it.

Good to know you're a troll.

redx:

Is it not common knowledge nowadays?

It's because that's how the business works. You think they just have everyone in one big room and have them do everything? There's separate teams for story, art, design, coding, etc. There's seperate teams for everything.

And here: http://www.vg247.com...unced-projects/

You think they have people doing Halo 5, Halo TV, and unannounced projects at the same time? No, there's teams. That's why if you're going to go into game development, you need to be able to work with a team.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Honestly, we can't know 100% for sure that Online caused any problems. I suspect the biggest issue with SP is that it's trying too hard to go back to the GTA Trilogy days without Rockstar actually coming out and saying something like "Okay, people didn't like GTA IV so we won't do that." Rather than marrying what GTA IV accomplished to what the GTA Trilogy accomplished they kinda just awkwardly mixed them in order to try to appeal to everybody. 

If anything went wrong between Online and Single Player it was probably a lack of communication. What they really should have done, since GTA O is really just the online mode for GTA V, is develop both of them side-by-side with constant communication and sharing of resources. Features that the Online team found good should be taken to the SP team and they should evaluate how it could work for SP. That either didn't happen or the SP team are idiots and didn't accept any of the Online features that would have worked in SP. I don't know, I wasn't there developing the game. 

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

It still baffles me that people are still trying to say this game is good. It's a complete mess.

It still baffles me how people's IQ's are so low they don't know what opinions are.

Official General: read my post above. And how is OP licking R*'s ass? By asking for evidence? You're starting to sound like the asshats that roam around this forum calling anybody who like the game 'Cockstar fanboyz'

Peds attacking you for no reason. No idea. If it was a glitch, it'd be fixed by now, so it must be a feature; making fun of how aggressive or protective Americans are. That's the only thing I could come up with that justifies it. Bad decision by R*

Horrible rendering. That's called being on a console with 512 MB of RAM and horrible specs with everything else.

So the game's a complete mess due to a couple points? Just further proving what I said: Opinion

You are a complete dumb f*ck aren't you...I'm giving you facts and you are still saying opinion, read a f*cking dictionary sh*t for brains this game is complete sh*t. Get over it.

redx:

It's because that's how the business works. You think they just have everyone in one big room and have them do everything? There's separate teams for story, art, design, coding, etc. There's seperate teams for everything.

You think they have people doing Halo 5, Halo TV, and unannounced projects at the same time? No, there's teams. That's why if you're going to go into game development, you need to be able to work with a team.

Are you retarded? Did I even say anything about them not having different teams? Good god dumbass...

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

Did you was there with Rockstar when they developed gta 5 and gta online? Did you ever develop a huge game or in fact did you even develop a game? You brain would probably have the blue screen of death when you see the codes for gta v.

I don't understand the first question. If you reworded it then I will answer it.

No I didn't and I bet you never either so you can't say anything. I've seen people make their own type of games and little by little understand some of it. Nothing like game designer though. 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

I just presented you guys with SOLID EVIDENCE! And non of you have backed it up!

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

If you are such a smartass and think the people are "whining", then tell me how the online did not affect the singleplayer experience? And why are a bunch of features gone and only available in online? When they could easily implemented them in singleplayer. Why does the storyline feels rushed and unfinished? Why are we constantly being bugged to download a stupid app and sign up on their website?

The stupid chop app made no difference.

The single player experience is as close to perfect as possible.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

May be off topic but does online have missions such as:

Buying masks?
Buying clothes?
Getting a car and parking it off the street?

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

I don't understand the first question. If you reworded it then I will answer it.

No I didn't and I bet you never either so you can't say anything. I've seen people make their own type of games and little by little understand some of it. Nothing like game designer though. 

Did you been there with Rockstar during the whole gta 5 development?..

Well actually i can say something. Its a fact that programming is not easy, and you are acting like its easy.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Well Online does have certain things lacking in single-player, such as purchasable safe-houses, arm wrestling and gang wars. That's all I can think of for now.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 November 2013 - 01:18 AM.

redx:

Are you retarded? Did I even say anything about them not having different teams? Good god dumbass...

Guess you didn't see the bolded redx: after my comment to you?

Mr_Goldcard:

How is the SP story not being great equate to it being half-assed by GTA: Online? In GTA: Online, your guy never talks, and there basically is no story. I mean, if GTA: Online had a good, fleshed out story that was better than the SP's, then yes, you can make that argument. You cannot make that argument here. There's absolutely no basis to it. Just a bad time for the writers of R* North.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

Well actually i can say something. Its a fact that programming is not easy, and you are acting like its easy.

Still not better but now I at least understand what you're saying.

No one on this forum has been to Rockstar North HQ. Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean you can't put two and two together. 

Making a game isn't easy but people with experience knows how to do it. They got every team or at least three different Rockstar teams working on GTA V. 

Also 700 missions vs 69 missions? Really that is interesting don't you think? 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Mr_Goldcard:

How is the SP story not being great equate to it being half-assed by GTA: Online? In GTA: Online, your guy never talks, and there basically is no story. I mean, if GTA: Online had a good, fleshed out story that was better than the SP's, then yes, you can make that argument. You cannot make that argument here. There's absolutely no basis to it. Just a bad time for the writers of R* North.

And why was it a bad time for R* North?? Cause online took most of the time. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 21 November 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Technically, it did. But I mean technically in a very general, borderline stupid kind of way. Fact is that the group they had working on Online COULD have been also working on single player, which means they technically didn't apply some of their manpower on SP. But, realistically speaking, there most likely wouldn't be a reason to do so since Rockstar has relatively unlimited manpower/resources and they aren't stupid enough to cut the workforce short to work on another; they're more likely to have the ideal workforce working on both. So basically: no.

You don't blame the development of online for stuff missing in MP, you blame Rockstar for cutting it out or not trying to implement it, cause Lord knows they have more than enough money to do so.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 November 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

No one on this forum has been to Rockstar North HQ. Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean you can't put two and two together. 

Making a game isn't easy but people with experience knows how to do it. They got every team or at least three different Rockstar teams working on GTA V. 

That's because GTA: Online is basically an RPG which is planned to be the official multiplayer of every GTA to come. GTA 5 is GTA 5. I mean, they're adding maps to online, but not to SP, they must have half-assed the SP because of that, right!?

And I'm glad you accepted the teams thing. Shows you have hope and are not a lost cause.  :cookie:

Mr_Goldcard: No. I know you want to hate, but don't do it blindly. I didn't say it was a bad time for R* North. In fact, it's an amazing time for R* North, since they just created a game that has amassed world records and sales beyond imagination.

I said it was a bad time for R* North story writers. As we all know, they story isn't that great. However, the story in Online isn't even a story. Let me repeat myself, since you didn't seem to get it the first time:

"I mean, if GTA: Online had a good, fleshed out story that was better than the SP's, then yes, you can make that argument. You cannot make that argument here. There's absolutely no basis to it."

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Do you even try anymore?

Quick GPS

Enlarge GPS

Inventory

Stores on the Radar

Mechanic

Personal Car tracker

Insurance

More clothes in Online

Thank you for understanding my post, i appreciate that.

How do you know that no Rockstar member is on this forum? And that's correct, but is it the case here?

Even people with experience can be stuck at times.

And nope, i don't find it interesting. Story line has always been a big part of gta, so no wonder.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

"I mean, if GTA: Online had a good, fleshed out story that was better than the SP's, then yes, you can make that argument. You cannot make that argument here. There's absolutely no basis to it."

What I'm sayin' is they overrushed the story because they were too BUSY with online!!! Understand that? They had to RUSH it because TIME was a FACTOR!

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

What I'm sayin' is they overrushed the story because they were too BUSY with online!!! Understand that? They had to RUSH it because TIME was a FACTOR!

I get what you're trying to say, but have you not read what I've said before? There's different teams. There's a team that works on SP, and there's a team that works on MP. How can SP be rushed if it's separate? It makes no sense. Not only that, but there's literally no proof to say the story was rushed. A bad story doesn't mean it's rushed. A guy can spend 10 years writing a book, but have it be terrible. 10 years isn't exactly a rush, is it?

And on top of that, story is one of the first things done when creating a game. If they rushed the story, it means they held everything off to the very last minute. That also makes no sense.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I get what you're trying to say, but have you not read what I've said before? There's different teams. There's a team that works on SP, and there's a team that works on MP. How can SP be rushed if it's separate? It makes no sense. Not only that, but there's literally no proof to say the story was rushed. A bad story doesn't mean it's rushed. A guy can spend 10 years writing a book, but have it be terrible. 10 years isn't exactly a rush, is it?

And on top of that, story is one of the first things done when creating a game. If they rushed the story, it means they held everything off to the very last minute. That also makes no sense.

So you're telling me the guys who made the story for Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV wrote a sh*t story for V??  And the map is the first thing they make when creating the game, it's been stated numerous times in articles interviewing the houser brothers.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

So you're telling me the guys who made the story for Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV wrote a sh*t story for V??  And the map is the first thing they make when creating the game, it's been stated numerous times in articles interviewing the houser brothers.

I don't know if it was the same writers. Probably not, because R* doesn't employ full-time writers. As far as I know, Bioware is the only company that does. That means that when they need something with a story, they use contracts. So it could've been the same guys, or it could not have been. You're gonna have to look at the credits of the games and find out.

And I said story is one of the first things done with a game. One of the first.

Story and map are made at the same time. They intertwine. It's not like the designers make a map, and then they make a story around that map. No, they're done in tandem.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I don't know if it was the same writers. Probably not, because R* doesn't employ full-time writers. As far as I know, Bioware is the only company that does. That means that when they need something with a story, they use contracts. So it could've been the same guys, or it could not have been. You're gonna have to look at the credits of the games and find out.

Story and map are made at the same time. They intertwine. It's not like the designers make a map, and then they make a story around that map. No, they're done in tandem.

I think we can both agree to disagree. But in the meantime can you write an Angels of Death DLC for GTA V for me?

It starts like this.

Angels of Death. Once the kings of motorcycle world, Today, rusted and torn apart after years of being at war with their worse rivals, The Lost. Now, a truce with The Lost has protected their way of life. As The Angels of Death drug enforcer  (insert protagonist's name here) must get his gang back in the meth business. Blaine County has all the open opportunities but a truce with The Lost can't be broken. The Lost President, Johnny Klebitz is deteriorating himself and the chapter with the overuse of the very same drug he sells. Will this be the way to get back in business or must a truce stay unbroken?

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

I think we can both agree to disagree. But in the meantime can you write an Angels of Death DLC for GTA V for me?

It starts like this.

Angels of Death. Once the kings of motorcycle world, Today, rusted and torn apart after years of being at war with their worse rivals, The Lost. Now, a truce with The Lost has protected their way of life. As The Angels of Death drug enforcer  (insert protagonist's name here) must get his gang back in the meth business. Blaine County has all the open opportunities but a truce with The Lost can't be broken. The Lost President, Johnny Klebitz is deteriorating himself and the chapter with the overuse of the very same drug he sells. Will this be the way to get back in business or must a truce stay unbroken?

Sounds cool. PM me with the rest of the details.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

The single player story is shorter than in previous GTAs, but not because multiplayer stole the production budget. It's because Microsoft publicly revealed that only 28% of GTA IV players connected to Xbox Live received a Story Complete achievement. Rockstar can't ignore proof that an overwhelming majority of players abandon a game when it's as long as GTA IV. Logically the same thing happened with GTA San Andreas too even though it couldn't be measured since that game didn't phone home your progress. How would like to work on the last half of a game knowing that most people will never play what you're working on?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

The single player story is shorter than in previous GTAs, but not because multiplayer stole the production budget. It's because Microsoft publicly revealed that only 28% of GTA IV players connected to Xbox Live received a Story Complete achievement. Rockstar can't ignore proof that an overwhelming majority of players abandon a game when it's as long as GTA IV. Logically the same thing happened with GTA San Andreas too even though it couldn't be measured since that game didn't phone home your progress. How would like to work on the last half of a game knowing that most people will never play what you're working on?

The real fans will appreciate it. I did.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

At the same time, you have people who are SP only who probably played the game and finished it, but since they weren't connected online, the achievement didn't show.

Still, the number is surprisingly low. I know GTA 4 was long and repetitive, and even tedious at times, but I'd still think more people would've beaten it.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

At the same time, you have people who are SP only who probably played the game and finished it, but since they weren't connected online, the achievement didn't show.

Still, the number is surprisingly low. I know GTA 4 was long and repetitive, and even tedious at times, but I'd still think more people would've beaten it.

Xbox Live Silver accounts are free and record achievements and Social Club stats and can also download title updates and DLC, they just can't access multiplayer and certain other Gold features. There are likely enough Silver users to be able to study their behavior separately and assume that offline players would behave the same way.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:16 AM Edited by AlexL, 21 November 2013 - 06:23 AM.

The point of the topic is to give the OP solid evidence that SP was half-assed because of Online. This is not possible, because there's only speculation after my comment. OP wins the day.

Who gives a f*ck if they were 2 different teams? They are both working on GTA V so why couldn't they just copy/paste those features to singleplayer? I'm starting to get annoyed with those blind fanboys who would praise anything Rockstar would throw at them. Open your eyes and have a conscience of your own!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users