Quantcast

» «
Photo

Someone present me with solid evidence...

172 replies to this topic
Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

That would be a very minor part of it, but yeah I can see that.

That is one thing that I can agree with you on, Alex. I want to be able to train Chop without downloading an App. That is bullsh*t, and it's a shame that they made it that way.

That's a start :colgate:

A start to being a blind pessimist who can't enjoy simple things? No thanks.

• Blazzin001 likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Singleplayer is too short 69 missions...some of those lasting under a minute (Masks). Only 4 bounties and a handful of random activities that don't respawn. They had enough thought to allow you to sale vehicles online where in singleplayer you can't. Limited garage space and why no inventory for singleplayer?

Singleplayer story is also very sloppy...on a story centered around "taking scores" there is only a handful with very little payoff. R* has nothing but multiplayer "Packs" planned for multiplayer.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Insurance, ATM robberies, safehouse purchasing, etc. It was all advertised for single player, yet it was only in online.

Are you sure? Can you source that?

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

The one thing I would like to have in SP that is online is BEING ABLE TO FIND MY CAR when I leave it .

• CanOdope likes this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Singleplayer is too short 69 missions...some of those lasting under a minute (Masks)

Many of them also involve multiple stages and character switching. It's short only if you rush it.

Only 4 bounties and a handful of random activities that don't respawn.

That is a small number, yes. I've never actually done a bounty but don't you have to search for them like treasure hunting in RDR? That would be why if I'm right.

Why do random events that don't respawn need to respawn?

sale vehicles online where in singleplayer you can't. Limited garage space and why no inventory for singleplayer?

I think the reason you can't sell vehicles, rob stores/ATMs and other things like that in the SP is simply because that makes it way, way too easy to make money.

You need to actually do things to make money in SP. In Online, these things are there for convenient, quick cash when you need it. And you do need it. You can't enter passive mode unless you have $100, for example.

I really don't understand why limited garage space is a problem, it makes you want to only save the cars you really value, and there's no inventory because why would you have an inventory? What would you need it for?

Singleplayer story is also very sloppy

Opinion

there is only a handful with very little payoff

Did you miss the part where

Spoiler

R* has nothing but multiplayer "Packs" planned for multiplayer.

There are a few "major" paid DLC packages coming and I'm fairly sure it's not going to be solely for Online. I could be wrong, but I very highly doubt they're not going to do anything with the SP.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 20 November 2013 - 01:53 PM.

One thing that should've been in Single-Player and is NOT, instead it is in Multiplayer, which is needed, but why not both?

Is the damn car tracking system, and insurance system, sure we have those great cars that are personal vehicles, but what about more? I wanted to have a sweet Sultan with Franklin, a nice BF Surfer with Trevor and a cool Schafter with Michael, but as soon as they blow up, boom, they're gone.

That's one system that should've been in both SP and MP, but nope.

@Above with first quote: Really? So what if they involved multiple characters? Those who wish to obtain 100% have to do the mission in a certain amount of time, you can't keep it as long as you wish, you made such a weak point.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

The one thing I would like to have in SP that is online is BEING ABLE TO FIND MY CAR when I leave it .

Spoiler

• QuietJosh likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

A start to not being blind at all.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

but as soon as they blow up, boom, they're gone.

Mmno, if you do anything to a vehicle that you bring into LSC, or if you put any vehicle into your 4 vehicle garage, it will be at the impound for you if you leave it, or if anything explosion related happens to it.

To the best of my knowledge.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Mmno, if you do anything to a vehicle that you bring into LSC, or if you put any vehicle into your 4 vehicle garage, it will be at the impound for you if you leave it, or if anything explosion related happens to it.

Mmmm no.

If you leave it somewhere then yes, it spawns at the impound, but if it explodes, it is gone. Don't try to justify it.

That system should be in both SP and MP.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

A start to not being blind at all.

Alex you told me that you could write me pages of evidence but you haven't proven a single thing. That doesn't really help you when you argue that I'm blind for not thinking the SP is a beta, or that it's heavily lacking because of Online, or anything else.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Mmmm no.

If you leave it somewhere then yes, it spawns at the impound, but if it explodes, it is gone. Don't try to justify it.

I didn't know this.

I agree there should be insurance in SP, then.

• Mr. Sleepy likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

I took my time in the game and still got through it...I didn't rush it. That's just a weak argument.

And sure let's not make random events NOT respawn, so when your done the world feels that much more empty. There is no interactivity in this world like in Red Dead Redemption.

Your reasoning about money in single player is ridiculous. 20 million goes fast in GTA V. Many of those heists have ZERO payout.

It's nice to know people like yourself are okay with limited activities and interactivity. Why would R* bother with adding more when people like you are around?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Alex you told me that you could write me pages of evidence but you haven't proven a single thing. That doesn't really help you when you argue that I'm blind for not thinking the SP is a beta, or that it's heavily lacking because of Online, or anything else.

Lol I just explained you on the first page, if you didn't get it yet just read what the other people say.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Mmmm no.

I didn't know this.

I agree there should be insurance in SP, then.

Yes, +1 for you, and I forgot to mention, mechanic, why did we not get a mechanic in single-player? I really dislike stealing cars and going with a different one each mission, instead, if I want a specific car of mine, I have to go to Rockford Hills from Blaine County just to get my ride, it's dumb.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 November 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Why is it so hard to see that they are sacrificing singleplayer for online? They did the same with Max Payne 3 so there's no point denying it. Rockstar is going COD style now....

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Having a mechanic in SP just wouldn't fit the game at all in my honest opinion. It's there in MP for a number of different reasons, namely for convenience and because you are encouraged to use your own vehicles, but I just don't think it's something that the SP needs or should have at all.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

This is the same logic as
'if they had spent another year working on the game, it could have been a better game!'

And wouldn't it be a better game? I wouldn't mind waiting a little more for a complete game rather than a beta that needs constant patches and dlc's.

If its a beta and in need of constant patches, can you explain why non patched copies are working? I like how you ignored Fuzzknuckles' point about more Dev time not equaling a better game.

Probably because it makes you wrong, so you make a smartass comment about his sig.

You've been very convincing so far :cool:

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Why is it so hard to see that they are sacrificing singleplayer for online? They did the same with Max Payne 3 so there's no point denying it.

Uhh Alex when you say things like this but you can't prove it at all after you've told me you could write "pages" of evidence of course I can deny it because I don't agree with you and I think that you're talking out your ass with nothing but opinions.

Unless you can actually prove it to me with solid evidence then my opinion is going to stay the same.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

If its a beta and in need of constant patches, can you explain why non patched copies are working? I like how you ignored Fuzzknuckles' point about more Dev time not equaling a better game.

Probably because it makes you wrong, so you make a smartass comment about his sig.

A beta works too, right? Just look at Minecraft :^:

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

And sure let's not make random events NOT respawn, so when your done the world feels that much more empty. There is no interactivity in this world like in Red Dead Redemption.

You know there's a number of them that don't, and a number of them that do respawn, right?

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Having a mechanic in SP just wouldn't fit the game at all in my honest opinion. It's there in MP for a number of different reasons, namely for convenience and because you are encouraged to use your own vehicles, but I just don't think it's something that the SP needs or should have at all.

Provide a valid reason. not "in my honest opinion".

And what are the different reasons for it to be in MP and not in SP?

And if they didn't want to encourage us to use your own vehicles in SP, why give personal vehicles and the ability to purchase vehicles?

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

A beta works too, right? Just look at Minecraft :^:

Haha, it's fun to watch you try and squirm out of this. Yes a beta works too, but that's not what you said. You said it 'needs' patches.

This isn't true.

Also Duke Nukem Forever started development around the same time as Vice City and it finally came out, what last year?

Oh and it's horrible. So no...more time doesn't always equal a better game.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Provide a valid reason. not "in my honest opinion".

And what are the different reasons for it to be in MP and not in SP?

And if they didn't want to encourage us to use your own vehicles in SP, why give personal vehicles and the ability to purchase vehicles?

In MP, you're dealing with other players. In SP, you are alone.

Those are literally the two reasons. I can try to explain a bit further.

Other players might decide they want to blow the f*ck out of you while you're in Blaine County. That's not your fault. So you can call Mors, and have your mechanic take it right back to you instead of traversing the entire map to go to a certain point.

In SP, if you destroy your car, it's probably your fault. There are consequences for your actions and this is an incentive to care about how you are playing.

This is also the same reason that it's so easy to f*ck up your car in SP, and it's much harder in MP. Notice how it's so easy to lock up a wheel in SP, and it's not even possible in MP? That's because in SP, it's your own fault.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 November 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Uhh Alex when you say things like this but you can't prove it at all after you've told me you could write "pages" of evidence of course I can deny it because I don't agree with you and I think that you're talking out your ass with nothing but opinions.

Unless you can actually prove it to me with solid evidence then my opinion is going to stay the same.

Please define the meaning of evidence, because no matter what "evidence" I and other people post you always come up with some cheap excuse. I've posted my evidence and you just ignored that and kept on asking me, you seem to believe that you live in your own world where your opinions are facts, and other's are nothing.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

With all due respect, that's the most bullsh*tting excuse I've ever heard.

Even in multiplayer you can f*ck up your own car, there's no immunity from yourself in multiplayer, it doesn't matter if it's your fault or not, that makes no sense at all.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Haha, it's fun to watch you try and squirm out of this. Yes a beta works too, but that's not what you said. You said it 'needs' patches.

This isn't true.

Also Duke Nukem Forever started development around the same time as Vice City and it finally came out, what last year?

Oh and it's horrible. So no...more time doesn't always equal a better game.

Yeah so what? Duke Nukem Forever is sh*tty and that's not my fault. Rockstar is a multi-billion company and I'm pretty sure they could afford better than that. If they didn't rush the release date they could have spent more time fixing bugs and other things.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Please define the meaning of evidence, because no matter what "evidence" I and other people post you always come up with some cheap excuse. I've posted my evidence and you just ignored that and kept on asking me, you seem to believe that you live in your own world where your opinions are facts, and other's are nothing.

I really don't know what to say to you.

I'm being as fair and open-minded as I can be, and trying to reply to everyone and everything even when what I'm getting is just opinions.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

With all due respect, that's the most bullsh*tting excuse I've ever heard.

Even in multiplayer you can f*ck up your own car, there's no immunity from yourself in multiplayer, it doesn't matter if it's your fault or not, that makes no sense at all.

Bullsh*tting excuse, okay. Sure.

I'm about 90% sure those are the reasons why it is that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users