Quantcast

» «
Photo

Someone present me with solid evidence...

172 replies to this topic
Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

...that the production of Online took away from the single-player experience.

Demonstrable evidence. Do it. Bring it to me, I'd like to see it, because I see a lot of whining about this on these forums because many of you seem to, for some reason, take the multiplayer direction of the series personally, and it upsets you. For some reason.

• Murad96 likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

No realistic steak in single player...

• Troublesome96_, Halo_Override and DeafMetal like this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

No realistic steak in single player...

f*ck, you're right.

You win.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

It's almost 100% certain that the two were developed independently then brought together late in development. There's just no way one team could have done both games in that time.

I reckon a year or two on building the map, then 2 teams split and worked on SP and MP. So it's not really possible to have one detract from the other, if that were the case. 

I honestly can't think of any major issues with SP that were caused by neglect from the team. SP shines like f*cking diamonds. I still reserve judgement on Online, as I've not spent enough time in there to make a clear call on it yet. What I've seen, I think is pretty good. 

• KING2dor and blakeney like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Online has more things to do (in terms of activity), but that doesn't take away the fact that SP is still great.

• KingKock likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

If you are such a smartass and think the people are "whining", then tell me how the online did not affect the singleplayer experience? And why are a bunch of features gone and only available in online? When they could easily implemented them in singleplayer. Why does the storyline feels rushed and unfinished? Why are we constantly being bugged to download a stupid app and sign up on their website?

• Troublesome96_, UltraGizmo64, Grand Theft Savage and 2 others like this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

how the online did not affect the singleplayer experience?

Um.

And why are a bunch of features gone and only available in online?

Online is it's own thing.

Why does the storyline feels rushed and unfinished?

Keyword there would be feel.

• CanOdope likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

And why are a bunch of features gone and only available in online? When they could easily implement them in singleplayer.

So that there's incentive to play Online?

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

If you are such a smartass and think the people are "whining", then tell me how the online did not affect the singleplayer experience? And why are a bunch of features gone and only available in online? When they could easily implement them in singleplayer. Why does the storyline feels rushed and unfinished?

"smartass?"..OP has a point.

Just pull out the network cable out of your xbox or playstation and ignore online. Storyline rushed? If you do the entire storyline in one breath then of cours its feel rushed. Just do a mission and then do some other activity, and besides you missed some fantastic moments. But that's you get from rushing the storyline.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Online is it's own thing.

And because of that it still affects the singleplayer experience directly or indirectly, because if online wasn't its own "thing" then they could have had more developers working on the singleplayer, therefore give you a better experience.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just pull out the network cable out of your xbox or playstation and ignore online. Storyline rushed? If you do the entire storyline in one breath then of cours its feel rushed. Just do a mission and then do some other activity, and besides you missed some fantastic moments. But that's you get from rushing the storyline.

Nope, I've tried to enjoy the storyline as much as possible and I've played through it multiple times. I'm the kind of person who pays attention to details and yes it still feels rushed.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Nope, I've tried to enjoy the storyline as much as possible and I've played through it multiple times. I'm the kind of person who pays attention to details and yes it still feels rushed.

I don't mean that. Why don't you just do a mission and then hang out with each friend. You get some unique dialogue.

Thats one of the many reasons not to rush storyline.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

they could have had more developers working on the singleplayer, therefore give you a better experience.

This is the same logic as

'if they had spent another year working on the game, it could have been a better game!'

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I've played through the storyline twice and it didn't feel particularly rushed to me. Short, yes. Rushed, no. 

There's more than one route through the game, there's multiple endings. Each character has their own story. Each of them has a process of development within the story. 

It took me nearly 4 weeks to play through the first time, as I kept wandering off and exploring. So, to me, the story felt longer than it would to someone that blasted through in a weekend. I didn't even get to 100%. 

Second time? I've finished the story and I'm slowly inching towards the 100% mark. But I keep getting distracted by the off-game entertainment that's in there. God knows how long I've lost to the Golf mini-game alone. 

If you take your time, it feels a lot longer than it really is. Try to sip and savour, not binge and purge. 

• Blazzin001 likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by AlexL, 20 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

'if they had spent another year working on the game, it could have been a better game!'

And wouldn't it be a better game? I wouldn't mind waiting a little more for a complete game rather than a beta that needs constant patches and dlc's.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

And wouldn't it be a better game? I wouldn't mind waiting a little more for a complete game rather than a beta that needs constant patches and dlc's.

I direct the jury's attention to Duke Nukem Forever. 

Had year after year and still sucked baws. Now what?

• CanOdope likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Nice signature...

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

The game is a beta now? Lol.

I'm still waiting for those "pages" of evidence about how Online subtracted from the singleplayer game. So far you've proved absolutely nothing.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Nice signature...

Thanks. Someone called me an ass-douche in a thread a couple of days ago and I figure it's probably true. 

And I f*cking love it. WOOOOOO PARTY TIME ON YOUR FACE.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm still waiting for those "pages" of evidence about how Online subtracted from the singleplayer game. So far you've proved absolutely nothing.

I did not prove absolutely nothing? To me it just sounds like you only hear what you wanna hear, in this case read.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

ass-douche

That's gold.

I did not prove absolutely nothing? To me it just sounds like you only hear what you wanna hear, in this case read.

Because I'm asking for evidence and you aren't giving me any. All that you've given me has been opinions. That's how you've proven absolutely nothing.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Because I'm asking for evidence and you aren't giving me any. All that you've given me has been opinions. That's how you've proven absolutely nothing.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=01-2pNCZiNk

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by Echolex, 20 November 2013 - 01:06 PM.

You gonna type me those pages of evidence Alex or can you not do it? I'd really love to be proven wrong here.

That's a kickass song though

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

You gonna type me those pages of evidence Alex or can you not do it? I'd really love to be proven wrong here.

You tell me exactly what kind of evidence you want, and I'll very carefully explain to you why it cannot be!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

You tell me exactly what kind of evidence you want, and I'll very carefully explain to you why it cannot be!

I think he already did. 

Evidence of how the single player game suffered due to the development of the Online game. 

• AlexL likes this

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Why are we constantly being bugged to download a stupid app and sign up on their website?

I suspect the Social Club sign-up is also a sort of piracy deterrent. If you pirate the game, you get less, if you buy it, sign up, and stay connected, you get to enjoy more features. At least that's how I understand it.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Insurance, ATM robberies, safehouse purchasing, etc. It was all advertised for single player, yet it was only in online.
  • Murray Bunyan and AlexL like this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Why are we constantly being bugged to download a stupid app and sign up on their website?

I suspect the Social Club sign-up is also a sort of piracy deterrent. If you pirate the game, you get less, if you buy it, sign up, and stay connected, you get to enjoy more features. At least that's how I understand it.

That would be a very minor part of it, but yeah I can see that.

That is one thing that I can agree with you on, Alex. I want to be able to train Chop without downloading an App. That is bullsh*t, and it's a shame that they made it that way.

• baskerwil likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

That would be a very minor part of it, but yeah I can see that.

That is one thing that I can agree with you on, Alex. I want to be able to train Chop without downloading an App. That is bullsh*t, and it's a shame that they made it that way.

That's a start :colgate:

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by kvic, 20 November 2013 - 01:28 PM.

I get a kick out of the radio news it seems like you pull a job and 5 minutes later it's all over the new's. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users