Photo

Downtown cab problems

29 replies to this topic
Tristypooz
  • Tristypooz

Corral Destroyers MC

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi. I'm trying to get the All fare in love and war achievement.

Spent hours on the game as Franklin didn't get one call. I loaded up an old save before I bought the business. Bought the cab company and didn't even get the introduction call.

Is this a known glitch? Are there any ways around it? Thanks

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

No i've always gotten the calls always got em at the worse time too

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

The problem with all owned properties (for me) is that they call too damn much for help.

Tristypooz
  • Tristypooz

Corral Destroyers MC

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

That's the thing I used to myself but after the latest update I've had 0. Went to start going through acheivements I haven't gotten yet and I'm stuck on that one :/

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

You made me master of the world where you exist

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Happened to me too. Can't get the achievement. I have 100% and have been playing as Franklin for weeks. No call.

Tristypooz
  • Tristypooz

Corral Destroyers MC

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's funny cos all the calls I ignored before and can't even get now. Such a simple achievement too

HenryMonstro
  • HenryMonstro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I went for weeks after I had bought downtown taxi before I got the call. Heres what I've noticed. Maybe its just my game and luck. I don't know if any of you guys started doing the strangers and freaks, for example the epsilon one, I started doing it got to the one where I have to wear the outfit for 10 days. After I completed it I got a message saying id get a call saying what to do next. Again nothing for days. Until I started playing online. I'd do a half hour session and id press down and there'd be a 1 under Michael. Sure enough it was epsilon. Same thing with Trevor, I had forgotten I had started the josh missions it had been so long and there it popped up. So a few days ago a switch over to Franklin and I get the call. Again it could just be my game, but other things I've noticed from switching over from online to single player when I switch to Trevor he is being chased by pd and has two wanted stars. That never happened before.

To sum it up try switching from online to single player with the down button. Who knows might work for you too.

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I went for weeks after I had bought downtown taxi before I got the call. Heres what I've noticed. Maybe its just my game and luck. I don't know if any of you guys started doing the strangers and freaks, for example the epsilon one, I started doing it got to the one where I have to wear the outfit for 10 days. After I completed it I got a message saying id get a call saying what to do next. Again nothing for days. Until I started playing online. I'd do a half hour session and id press down and there'd be a 1 under Michael. Sure enough it was epsilon. Same thing with Trevor, I had forgotten I had started the josh missions it had been so long and there it popped up. So a few days ago a switch over to Franklin and I get the call. Again it could just be my game, but other things I've noticed from switching over from online to single player when I switch to Trevor he is being chased by pd and has two wanted stars. That never happened before.

To sum it up try switching from online to single player with the down button. Who knows might work for you too.

I've switched hundreds of times. It has been a month in real life. I am glitched and cannot get the call.

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Ill update on my issue.
Had the problem where all property and random events were gone with all characters and tried everything with no luck.
Then a few days ago after not playing for a few weeks I had a session on live and was just in a game lobby when my landline phone rang. My broadband is dodgy and whenever the phone is active cuts off my internet, so as soon as the phone rang I lost my live connection and it booted me off online and back on story mode.
As soon as my character loaded I had a property call and noticed random events had reappeared.

I've tried playing without live connected before but never had the missions/events appear so I'm thinking if you need to be on live and then lose connection this will somehow change something.
Been on story mode since with live on and events disappeared again.
Ill try disconnecting live when online again and see if it works when I have time.
Hopefully this can give me the opportunity to complete the private fares I still haven't done.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

That sucks!  I actually turn my game on, as Franklin inside his safehouse from the last save, and within 12 seconds, EVERY time I get that call from the cab company.  Just recently, after I got that call like 40 times when I reloaded my game, did I finally take care of picking up the girl and taking her to a clothing store to drop her off, I got the Trophy soon after I completed it.  I actually like helping out with the text messages and phone calls from the cab company.  I am 100% completed, did all my car hunting and everything and now like to just explore and hang out.  Immediately when I get a text as either of the three guys, I do what it asks, and when I get the cab phone call, I also do it.  It gives me something to do other than explore the map aimlessly lol

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by Spuds725, 09 December 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Ill update on my issue.
Had the problem where all property and random events were gone with all characters and tried everything with no luck.
Then a few days ago after not playing for a few weeks I had a session on live and was just in a game lobby when my landline phone rang. My broadband is dodgy and whenever the phone is active cuts off my internet, so as soon as the phone rang I lost my live connection and it booted me off online and back on story mode.
As soon as my character loaded I had a property call and noticed random events had reappeared.

I've tried playing without live connected before but never had the missions/events appear so I'm thinking if you need to be on live and then lose connection this will somehow change something.
Been on story mode since with live on and events disappeared again.
Ill try disconnecting live when online again and see if it works when I have time.
Hopefully this can give me the opportunity to complete the private fares I still haven't done.

If anyone else who is stuck on this Achievment and wants to try this-- please post back if it worked (I'd just unplug my router while on GTAO and see if it works)-- I've noticed quite a few people with this specific issue.

Obviously you would want to be Franklin before you switch to GTAO so when you are kicked off you go back to him.

Thanks...

If all else fails-- if you want the achievement/trophy-- Start a new game--- Franklin should earn enough from the jewel heist to buy the cab company-- but you can't purchase until after "Friends Reunited" for Trevor--- about 15 missions into the game.

I've only had the private fare pop up one time and I did it right away.

• Militia likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

i havnt gotten a call or email from any business in weeks, lmao.  damn game is glitched. 

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

i havnt gotten a call or email from any business in weeks, lmao.  damn game is glitched. 

I wish that was my case, I get texts within 60 seconds everytime I switch to any of the three characters UNLESS I already did one.  For instance, if some guy tried to rob Pitchers Bar and I killed him and retrieved the money and save it, then I get no calls for maybe a couple days (in game time) but sooner or later, I'll get another call/text from someone.  Just today while I was using my Lazer with 5 stars on me way up in the sky, I got the call from the Cab Company.  Last time I did the "mission" was maybe 4 days ago (in real life time, but not playing consecutive hours of course) and now it calls me again.  Idk why so many people have glitches with their game.

I can come up with TWO POSSIBLE reasons, one, if you use cheat codes, even if you don't save the game after using them - it f*cks your game and two, if you glitch trying to get money or doing dumb sh*t - it f*cks your game up, as well.

I never glitched, I have 0 cheat codes entered, never lost a car, never had a single problem in this game.  Go onto the WWW and watch like 5 million people all having problems.  I usually just sit back and laugh and say WTF as like I said, I never have problems with this game, lol

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not sure what you are basing your this on..... I think your logic is flawed-- because there are a bunch of people posting exploiting glitches on youtube, then everyone with a bug must be doing this and this is what causes problems....

IMO --- the game is buggy (plain and simple)--- I have never glitched for money or entered a cheat code and my game simply skipped a mission (Meltdown for Michael).... and while I did get this the above mentioned achievement--I haven't got a call again, I haven't gotten any other property missions in quite a while. So how do you explain my issues?

I reloaded an earlier save (after finishing the story) to go back and get meltdown... and had to repeat about 12 missions or so...

I do have 100% and am still plugging away at Trophies in Single and Multiplayer--

So while I'm sure there are people that have exploited money glitches or used cheat codes-- not all of them have had problems and I'm sure the reverse is true as well.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Militia, 09 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Not sure what you are basing your this on..... I think your logic is flawed-- because there are a bunch of people posting exploiting glitches on youtube, then everyone with a bug must be doing this and this is what causes problems....

IMO --- the game is buggy (plain and simple)--- I have never glitched for money or entered a cheat code and my game simply skipped a mission (Meltdown for Michael).... and while I did get this the above mentioned achievement--I haven't got a call again, I haven't gotten any other property missions in quite a while. So how do you explain my issues?

I reloaded an earlier save (after finishing the story) to go back and get meltdown... and had to repeat about 12 missions or so...

I do have 100% and am still plugging away at Trophies in Single and Multiplayer--

So while I'm sure there are people that have exploited money glitches or used cheat codes-- not all of them have had problems and I'm sure the reverse is true as well.

But what you're saying "the game is buggy plain and simple" would also imply that EVERYONE's game had such problems.  Why is it that I never ran into any problems?  That is all I want to know.  Seems too many people like glitching and cheating.  Idc if it's flawed thinking or god-like thinking, it's just an opinion.  As for past GTA games, if you used cheats, it also affected your game.  I bought a Gameshark long time ago when PS2 came out and used a gameshark for GTA III before I was serious enough to actually beat all the GTA's too 100% and I remember things freezing, disappearing, etc all cuz I used CHEAT codes.  If you cheat, you deserve to have something disappear on you imo lol

As for your problem, I have no idea.  I guess I can just say I am lucky when it comes to GTA V, I never experienced one problem with it to date and had it since the first week of October and it's now 100%, got all my cars, bought all properties, full stats, etc and I continue getting texts/calls.

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Ok so just been on again tonight and was gonna jump straight to online however it didn't give me the option to in the load menu so I loaded story mode and the missions appeared.
I had live connected too, my router was on and I was on the net on my pc at the time so I'm not sure what to make of this. There's been no patched I've updated since .6 so I can only assume it was when I disconnected from online.

Still no taxi calls yet tho, but ill be patient.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 10 December 2013 - 06:07 AM.

Left my game on overnight.    still no texts, not sh*t.  f*ck me.   going to have to start the whole game again i guess.

Rockstar needs to fix this f*cking sh*t. i mean come on. Its like the game is at a stand still.  I cant even get random events to work like Security van locations to spawn.  not a damn thing.

• trevorsballs likes this

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

From my experiences, the property missions including the Downtown Cab private fares are triggered not just by the passage of time, but geographic location of the character as well (reloading a save also seems to have something to do with triggering them as well, not that I understand how/why).

For example in one of my playthroughs, for the longest time, Michael wasn't getting any property missions. Until one day I happened to be driving in southwest Los Santos with Michael which wasn't somewhere I'd ordinarily take the character. Next thing I know, he received one of the promotional missions (flying over the city). Presumably this was because I had him close to the airport at the time. I've noticed this consistently ever since.

And it makes sense. You only have a limited amount of time to to respond to these requests and reach the designated areas, after all. Wouldn't be fair if you got prompted to drive to the airport if you were in Paleto Bay at the time.

The Downtown Cab fares seem to work similarly. I wasn't getting one for a good long time until I took Franklin up to Chumash (for some reason) and drove back towards LS. It was on my way back just before reaching the city that I finally got called for the Liz/Alonso fare (which begins at the University which was fairly close by).

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Seriously, I have suffered with this problem for months and when I say I've tried everything I've tried everything. There was another thread blacksunshine started about this issue and I exhausted all options with it.
Times and areas make no difference.
I have the guide so I know where random events were supposed to have happened but they didn't.
I'm lucky that mine seems to have sorted itself out for the moment but I can definately say, 100% that it is to do with the live updates. Keep trying the method like I posted earlier or uninstalling the patches.
Good luck.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by Spuds725, 10 December 2013 - 01:41 PM.

But what you're saying "the game is buggy plain and simple" would also imply that EVERYONE's game had such problems.  Why is it that I never ran into any problems?  That is all I want to know.  Seems too many people like glitching and cheating.  Idc if it's flawed thinking or god-like thinking, it's just an opinion.  As for past GTA games, if you used cheats, it also affected your game.  I bought a Gameshark long time ago when PS2 came out and used a gameshark for GTA III before I was serious enough to actually beat all the GTA's too 100% and I remember things freezing, disappearing, etc all cuz I used CHEAT codes.  If you cheat, you deserve to have something disappear on you imo lol

As for your problem, I have no idea.  I guess I can just say I am lucky when it comes to GTA V, I never experienced one problem with it to date and had it since the first week of October and it's now 100%, got all my cars, bought all properties, full stats, etc and I continue getting texts/calls.

Any previous problems you may have had (on previous console versions) would be related to saving with a cheat enabled which the game warns you about doing- and in my experience (I've been the vice  city area moderator for 9 years)-- any issues I've seen reported with cheats would only be ones that could not be turned off-- Car Spawns, Health, Armor,  were considered safe cheats--- ones like peds have guns, peds riot could make the game impossible to finish if you can't turn them off and were considered unsafe cheats... (FYI-- I have played all the GTA's but consider myself an expert on VC just because I've moderated that section for so long)

In my opinion-- the problems people are experiencing with GTA V in singleplayer are related to integrating GTAO with singleplayer-- I heard of virtually no problems until GTAO launched and it seems that with each new patch their seems to be a "rash" of new posts of problems-- so what it seems like is that depending upon where you are at in your game progress is related to when/what problem you experience when a particular patch is released. In my case, I cannot confirm absolutely but the GTAO patch occured at about the time as my missiong mission-- the mission I reloaded to get it the second time through was "the ballad of Rocco" and it was dated 9/28/13 (3 days prior to the GTAO launch)-- I happened to be lucky in that I created a new save slot about every 5 or 10% of game completion.

I've been a member here for over 10 years and have never seen a console version of any GTA have as many issues as this one--- I seriously doubt the game developers did this out of spite about glitching/cheating.

If I follow your reasoning-- they programmed the game to 1st allow glitches that they don't want you to use, and secondly punish you for using them-- then they have to pay people to handle all the support tickets they have to deal with for people having problems and also have to deal with the negative publicity of the bugs and the resultant loss of sales they would undoubtedly experience as a result of the bad press. I have already told a few people to hold off on buying this game if they are a completionist like me until they get these issues fixed.

We are getting off topic on this and I apologize--

• Militia likes this

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

@spuds

You're definately right about the problems stemming from online and its updates.
A friend of mine had gta 5 the same day as me however he doesn't have internet access and yet his game is pretty much glitch free.

I'm sure patches will be available for this in the near future

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Any previous problems you may have had (on previous console versions) would be related to saving with a cheat enabled which the game warns you about doing- and in my experience (I've been the vice  city area moderator for 9 years)-- any issues I've seen reported with cheats would only be ones that could not be turned off-- Car Spawns, Health, Armor,  were considered safe cheats--- ones like peds have guns, peds riot could make the game impossible to finish if you can't turn them off and were considered unsafe cheats... (FYI-- I have played all the GTA's but consider myself an expert on VC just because I've moderated that section for so long)

In my opinion-- the problems people are experiencing with GTA V in singleplayer are related to integrating GTAO with singleplayer-- I heard of virtually no problems until GTAO launched and it seems that with each new patch their seems to be a "rash" of new posts of problems-- so what it seems like is that depending upon where you are at in your game progress is related to when/what problem you experience when a particular patch is released. In my case, I cannot confirm absolutely but the GTAO patch occured at about the time as my missiong mission-- the mission I reloaded to get it the second time through was "the ballad of Rocco" and it was dated 9/28/13 (3 days prior to the GTAO launch)-- I happened to be lucky in that I created a new save slot about every 5 or 10% of game completion.

I've been a member here for over 10 years and have never seen a console version of any GTA have as many issues as this one--- I seriously doubt the game developers did this out of spite about glitching/cheating.

If I follow your reasoning-- they programmed the game to 1st allow glitches that they don't want you to use, and secondly punish you for using them-- then they have to pay people to handle all the support tickets they have to deal with for people having problems and also have to deal with the negative publicity of the bugs and the resultant loss of sales they would undoubtedly experience as a result of the bad press. I have already told a few people to hold off on buying this game if they are a completionist like me until they get these issues fixed.

We are getting off topic on this and I apologize--

I take back everything I have said about cheating and glitching.  You're absolutely right.  Guess what my game has in common with your thoughts?  I have not ONCE used the GTAO, in fact, my PSN is messed up and won't allow me to log in because I forgot the password I created in 2008, before going to college and layed my PS3 down to rest as the dust accumlated on it, until I graduated college and had more time to game.  Yes, you can ask for a new password.  Problem is, I also switched ISP's in this time, so the Verizon Email address that I signed up for PSN with, is also invalid.  It's a mind f*ck, really.  Waste of time trying to call Playstation, as well, tried numerous times.  f*ck it.

I hate Online features, and even if my PSN worked perfectly, I wouldn't bother with any GTA games playing Online, it's just stupid imo.  I like classic GTA the most (single player).  And like I said, I've not one time logged into Online for even a split second as my PSN is f*cked, and guess what?  I have 100% ZERO problems in my game, and never experience glitches or problems losing things, so you're right.  It's because of using Online that has f*cked people's game up, imo.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

LOL, installed Patch 1.07, loaded the game as Franklin, ring a ling a lingggggg, got a call from the Cab Company right away.  Reloaded my game at a later time, and there was a shoot out at Pitchers bar, got the text within 12 seconds from loading up the game.  Everytime I load the game, and this also happened before Patch 1.07, I get a call or a text ALWAYS within 12 seconds in Franklin's safehouse and/or right when I enter his Buffalo and leave his property.

halapeno71
  • halapeno71

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, but Militia, you're always reloading the same saved game. You don't save anymore, correct? I myself had a saved game where Franklin would always get a fare call shortly after loading it. But I've also experienced the no-calls issue at other points of progression and in other playthroughs.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, but Militia, you're always reloading the same saved game. You don't save anymore, correct? I myself had a saved game where Franklin would always get a fare call shortly after loading it. But I've also experienced the no-calls issue at other points of progression and in other playthroughs.

Partially correct.  I ONLY save it if I do something "new" like if I happen to swap custom cars and destroy one car for another, I'll save it, obviously.  And just so happens, my last save was yesterday since I decided to BUY the Buzzard Attack Chopper for all three characters and got rid of the stolen ones there, I like the D-Pad items, and if you steal anything for helipad or hanger it disappears once you choose to use another vehicle in the D-Pad, so yes, I still save, but not all the time, maybe once a week, if that...

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Wow, I noticed that my game's random events and such have stopped as well. My game is silent now that I got 100%. I did notice Franklin put on a 100% T-Shirt, but that's about the only thing significant that has happened in months. Obviously after I glitched my Cab Fare call by accidentally hanging up the phone the first time, I still haven't gotten this stupid fare to pop up. But now it seems my whole game is glitched at 100%. No calls, no random events, no anything.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

Wow, I noticed that my game's random events and such have stopped as well. My game is silent now that I got 100%. I did notice Franklin put on a 100% T-Shirt, but that's about the only thing significant that has happened in months. Obviously after I glitched my Cab Fare call by accidentally hanging up the phone the first time, I still haven't gotten this stupid fare to pop up. But now it seems my whole game is glitched at 100%. No calls, no random events, no anything.

I'm 100% completion as well since about the first week of October.  I've installed every patch, as well to date (newest 1.07) and still get the phone calls.  Only difference is I do not play Online whatsoever.  In fact, my PSN is f*cked up and won't even let me access it or log into it.  Like Spuds said above, it's probably due to online and single player use using them interchangably.  As I never have problems and only using single player.

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'm 100% completion as well since about the first week of October.  I've installed every patch, as well to date (newest 1.07) and still get the phone calls.  Only difference is I do not play Online whatsoever.  In fact, my PSN is f*cked up and won't even let me access it or log into it.  Like Spuds said above, it's probably due to online and single player use using them interchangably.  As I never have problems and only using single player.

Yeah, all I play is Online now because my single player is empty.

TheJuniorJR
  • TheJuniorJR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by TheJuniorJR, 02 March 2014 - 08:22 PM.

So it seems like people still have some issue with the Taxi Mission. However, it helped me to use the "Quick save" option and then click on "Create New Save x/15" after it has saved, reload the new slot you have just created and BANG he should call. 

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by NickStone, 09 July 2014 - 01:19 PM.

(When it's working), time and location do make a difference. Seems to be the same deal for many of the property missions. The cab missions have always been tricky up until recently, when something must've been patched. Cab mission calls come in at least one in-game week apart. They don't always show up in the same order, and even though many of them show up while standing just outside (maybe even inside?) Frank's safehouse in VW Hills, some won't trigger until you're in a certain area (close to where the fare is picked up, because you only have so much time to pick the fare up, and they want you to already be close.)

Also...some missions might only be triggered at night.

I *use* to have to do some work to get them to trigger. The most recent time, I flipped to GTA Online while playing as Frank, then exited. When I came back, the next cab mission triggered, BUT, for some odd reason I lost all the cars in Frank's safehouse garage. Grrr. I just accepted the loss instead of reloading and trying again.

Useful tip if you do get it working: Listen to what the dispatcher says. In one or two missions you'll need a four-door car. Dispatch will tell you if you're picking up multiple people. If this is the case, and you need to go find a four-door car (or you already have a nice one, modded to impress), don't hit the button to accept the mission - just leave the phone open and go get the car. Dispatch will wait as long as it takes for your response.

If you've exhausted every option and it's still not working, don't worry too much about it. Doing cab missions don't really gain you anything but a trophy/achievement (so I read, I don't remember getting one) - you only get a few bucks out of it. The missions don't count toward 100% -- only purchasing the business counts toward the required property purchase quota of five. Still, they're kinda fun to do. :)

However, as of now, the problem I'm having with cab missions, is from getting too many! From inside the airport I was tasked with one cab mission that I had already finished TWICE before, then reloaded from an autosave after diving nose-first into a building trying a tricky Knife Flight, and from Frank's safehouse I was tasked with yet another one I already did. I get that a lot of other property missions are basically the same one over and over to infinity, but on my last play-through, cab missions were one-time-and-done. Maybe this was how they patched the previous problem (if they did at all, since the post above mine was from March 2014 and he's still having the issue.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users