GTAO: How can you make a race private?

11 replies to this topic
AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

A friend and i want to race by ourselves but people keep joinging the race. Is there a way to make it private so nobody can join?

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

kick them.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

I tried but they don't go anywhere.. But i figured it out..

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yeah you can kick them out in the menu.. You have to choose "Player's info" or something. And you can set matchmaking to "closed", but very often people join before you get to do that 

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by Tycek, 20 November 2013 - 08:35 AM.

How about start playing in "Invite game only" and setting matchmaking to closed. I personally can't stand people who leave it open and then kick me out when I'm trying to race from time to time. 

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

How about you not be a smart ass as i was asking how to do that so i wouldn't have to kick people out. I was in an Invite Only game but some how people still managed to join the race before i figured out how to close it

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

How about actually read and try closing the matchmaking. I have it closed almost all the time, so even if you got people in, just host and new instance of a job and the matchmaking should be closed from the beginning. 

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think it's funny being able to "race" by myself. I win!

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

How about instead of jumping on people try and help em? That's the point of this forum, Because your pissed because people kick you out doesn't give you the right to come and jump on me because i asked a question i didn't know the answer too. I though the matchmaking was for matching players of the same rank to the race i didn't know it was for closing it so back off.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I think it's funny being able to "race" by myself. I win!

Yeah but now since R* dropped the RP way down you don't get as many RP points as you did before.

I used to get 1250 by myself per race @ Crimial Record not you only get 200 by yourself and only 500 if you win the money has gone way down too.

Also playing by yourself your not able to unlock parts for your car

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 20 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

How about start playing in "Invite game only" and setting matchmaking to closed. I personally can't stand people who leave it open and then kick me out when I'm trying to race from time to time. 

Yeah I hate that too, happens several times a day

But when I host races myself, I often notice that people join randomly before I even have the chance to close the matchmaking. Those settings are in the second menu in the lobby, so it's easy to forget sometimes 

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Ive noticed that randoms can still join, even if matchmaking is set to closed. I assume the latest patch hasnt fixed this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users