Photo

GTA Duster City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic
EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by EasterExplorer, 20 November 2013 - 04:41 AM.

Hello everyone. I imagine you have not finished the global fashion Duster City, which completely replaces the map of GTA: SA to a new city Duster City.
At the moment there is an alpha version, which made ​​some of the city (but it is quite large), replaced by HUD and cars. The mod is done in the style of GTA 3.
TlN0Q.png
Screenshots

yFqY1VHMtiY.jpg
9rBXuV5X9qA.jpg
OZhsDBWYjU8.jpg
DOWNLOAD
If you have questions - please contact us. A couple of weeks a new version, by the way.

• In45do likes this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

Unless its the english barrier, or the translation used; how can we finish something you've only just released?

I imagine you have not finished the global fashion Duster City .... At the moment there is an alpha version

Looks good though, look forward to testing a BETA in the future.

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Unless its the english barrier, or the translation used; how can we finish something you've only just released?

I imagine you have not finished the global fashion Duster City .... At the moment there is an alpha version

Looks good though, look forward to testing a BETA in the future.

I am Russian, so a lot of mistakes.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

A really nice mod. Maybe the most convincing city I ever see from a map mod. Look like something from R*North studio.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Indeed, looks surprisingly good!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Looks quite swell! Reckon we can have a top-down view, or is that a secret for now?

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Looks nice :D

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Forum of Five Council Member [GTA:SoL]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Looks good, wouldnt mind tossing some stuff to ya when its finished (Still gotta do some graffiti for someone)

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thank you all for your responses!)
Yes, even the Russian (RUSSIAN!) Think this mod cool. The secret is that we do not do HD model.
The map will be when the city will be completed. That, in principle, prevent you enter YECGAA or OHDUDE and see?
And while you new screenshots:
vpRE2Jtozos.jpg
aZnlXgdoGKs.jpg(Oh, yes, even more Easter eggs about Vice-City! And the ship is, and the hotel!)

8vUKFyjFmBk.jpg

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Alpha-5 in a couple of weeks. I promise - the city will be HUGE (size greater Los Santos).

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Nice ! I don't know why but it reminds me of Stillwater from Saints Row 2 :D

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Nice ! I don't know why but it reminds me of Stillwater from Saints Row 2 :D

Yeah, Im oddly getting that same vibe. Along with the fact that this guy just joined a few days ago and has THIIIS much to show us, I'm getting a bit iffy :bored:

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Even if it is Stillwater, you can see it's not a direct port. Fair enough, I'd say.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by l911, 21 November 2013 - 09:05 PM.

i like how all screens in op  have different logos on them

but if you ask me keep this one:

http://img.by/i/TlN0Q.png looks clasy.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Even if it is Stillwater, you can see it's not a direct port. Fair enough, I'd say.

That's a thought. I'm really interested in how the mod turns out, along with more pictures, but some of the stuff doesn't spell "cool beans" to me.

Also, turns out the OP kept a video from us:

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Looks really cool ! Nice video ! :)

Can't wait to see more !

It seems it takes place in 2001/2002.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

-.- i wish I had a proper mic... sh*tty ass telemarketer piece of sh*t mic keeps cutting out when im recording and my phones mic records too loud -.-

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

-.- i wish I had a proper mic... sh*tty ass telemarketer piece of sh*t mic keeps cutting out when im recording and my phones mic records too loud -.-

Didn't know you were even doing anything for this mod. You recording lines or something?

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 21 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Didn't know you were even doing anything for this mod. You recording lines or something?

yea I atleast wanted to make a radio station in support of it (gonna use phone to record since its better than nothing) 

I still got months work of radio stations to do anyway

its gonna be something simple, a radio station that does industrial sounding techno music

Its called 48.1 DCT Duster City Industrial....

https://dl.dropboxus...io/Duster 1.wav

sorry if it sounds bad... its from a phone

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

yea I atleast wanted to make a radio station in support of it (gonna use phone to record since its better than nothing) 

I still got months work of radio stations to do anyway

its gonna be something simple, a radio station that does industrial sounding techno music

Its called 48.1 DCT Duster City Industrial....

https://dl.dropboxus...io/Duster 1.wav

sorry if it sounds bad... its from a phone

48.1? No FM station in America runs on a frequency like that. To put it simply...

Throughout the world, the FM broadcast band falls within the VHF part of the radio spectrum. Usually 87.5 to 108.0 MHz is used,[1] or some portion thereof, with few exceptions:

• In the former Soviet republics, and some former Eastern Bloc countries, the older 65–74 MHz band is also used. Assigned frequencies are at intervals of 30 kHz. This band, sometimes referred to as the OIRT band, is slowly being phased out in many countries. In those countries the 87.5–108.0 MHz band is referred to as the CCIR band.
  • In Japan, the band 76–90 MHz is used.

The frequency of an FM broadcast station (more strictly its assigned nominal centre frequency) is usually an exact multiple of 100 kHz. In most of South Koreathe Americas and the Caribbean, only odd multiples are used. In some parts of EuropeGreenland and Africa, only even multiples are used. In Italy, multiples of 50 kHz are used. There are other unusual and obsolete standards in some countries, including 0.001, 0.01, 0.03, 0.074, 0.5, and 0.3 MHz. However, to minimise cross-channel interference, stations operating from the same or geographically close transmitters tend to keep to at least a 0.5 MHz frequency separation even when closer spacing is technically permitted, with closer tunings reserved for more distantly spaced transmitters as potentially interfering signals are already more attenuated and so have less effect on neighbouring frequencies.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

its a fictional station, I know that anything below 60 isnt used which is why I use them... plus alot of the frequencies that I use are meaningful in a way (Area Codes, etc) ;)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

its a fictional station, I know that anything below 60 isnt used which is why I use them... plus alot of the frequencies that I use are meaningful in a way (Area Codes, etc) ;)

Just because it's fictional, that doesn't mean the frequencies have to be way out of normal range. Frequencies were pretty accurate throughout the GTA series. Only messup I can recall was "Flashback 95.6", and that's because FM stations only finish on odd numbers.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

Just because it's fictional, that doesn't mean the frequencies have to be way out of normal range. Frequencies were pretty accurate throughout the GTA series. Only messup I can recall was "Flashback 95.6", and that's because FM stations only finish on odd numbers.

meh still just a fake radio station, im just doing it just to do it

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'm not telling you not to do a fake station. If you want to do it, by all means do it. I was just letting you know that your frequency was messed up. I wasn't sure if you wanted your fiction to be realistic or wacky and stuff.

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Thank you all for your support and comments) And thanks, of course, with the radio Ss4gogeta0.
Video then did my friend, with whom we are doing this mod.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm not telling you not to do a fake station. If you want to do it, by all means do it. I was just letting you know that your frequency was messed up. I wasn't sure if you wanted your fiction to be realistic or wacky and stuff.

its fine, I know you ment well... 

Thank you all for your support and comments) And thanks, of course, with the radio Ss4gogeta0.
Video then did my friend, with whom we are doing this mod.

No problem, just doing my part to help people who are doing SA total conversions... its a dying past time, Im afraid...

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hello everyone! Today started work on a new area Mandy Shores (what the original name!)
It will be as though countryside. And here's the screenshots!
BPJtGstyTS0.jpg
TTtRJgLeZgs.jpg
6HHOgC75Hos.jpg
YZLhCioq1Sc.jpg

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hello everyone! Today started work on a new area Mandy Shores (what the original name!)

Mandy Shores? Why not rename it something more fitting, seeing as theres no beaches there (I could be wrong, though). Why not "X Hills" or "X Woods"?

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Mandy Shores? Why not rename it something more fitting, seeing as theres no beaches there (I could be wrong, though). Why not "X Hills" or "X Woods"?

Mandy Woods ? :D

Anyway it looks great !

EasterExplorer
  • EasterExplorer

DOCTAH

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes we do not think of the names ... How to finish it - so rename, for example, in Tennant Hills (yes, I'm a fan of Doctor Who)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users