» «
Photo

How Much $$$ Are We Costing Rockstar

155 replies to this topic
vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by vahnx, 20 November 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Visit http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fishfishstinks/games/gtav/career/overview/gtaonline and replace my username with yours. Now view your car sales. 

$21.51 for a Great White Shark Cash Card worth $1,250,000 in-game cash.

I'm currently costing them $151.43 in potential sales due to the LSC glitch. (8.8 mil / 1.25 * $21.51) and growing.

/feelsgoodman.jpg

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 November 2013 - 03:33 AM.

You can`t steal something that never existed. 

There is no direct correlation between ingame money and real money, since there is no way of converting them into real cash. Therefore, regardless of how much money you have / get ingame, it doesn`t cost Rockstar a penny.

• Officer620, Caligastia, GTALegion and 10 others like this

SaltyOnionBalls.
  • SaltyOnionBalls.

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

You tell me. ;)

http://socialclub.ro...rview/gtaonline

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

Visit http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/fishfishstinks/games/gtav/career/overview/gtaonline and replace my username with yours. Now view your car sales. 

I'm currently costing them $151.43 in potential sales due to the LSC glitch. (8.8 mil / 1.25 * $21.51) and growing.

/feelsgoodman.jpg

If you weren't going to pay for cash cards to begin with, you're not really costing them anything...

-Bill

• DMC14 and I.haigh like this

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

$1,910.09

• OG Sunny likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by vahnx, 20 November 2013 - 03:53 AM.

There is no direct correlation between ingame money and real money, since there is no way of converting them into real cash. Therefore, regardless of how much money you have / get ingame, it doesn`t cost Rockstar a penny.

If you weren't going to pay for cash cards to begin with, you're not really costing them anything...

-Bill

That's why I specifically said "potential sales".

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by maschil, 20 November 2013 - 03:56 AM.

looks like im costing them around $67,000 HAHAHA!~ FTW!

• OG Sunny likes this

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

you're an idiot and don't get what he's saying. Stop trying to sound smart.

• The Rangler likes this

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

How much have i cost them? id rather not know......lol.

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

im actually planning to buy the shark cards. whenever they become available ... :D

• GoodGreen likes this

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

im actually planning to buy the shark cards. whenever they become available ... :D

I was going to buy one, then I decided to Google and see if there was a way to make cash for free. That's when I found out about the LSC glitch  :devil: 

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

That's why I specifically said "potential sales".

It's still incorrect...  Unless you were actually going to spend that much, it's not a "potential sale."

The funny thing is, it's people like you who glitch to abuse the system, that will be the same ones complaining when and if the glitched material gets removed from your character.

I'm also guessing that there will be more DLC for GTA:O that will cost real dollars that you won't be able to simply glitch into the game, nor will you be able to purchase it with your glitched cash.  Then, you'll likely be complaining about "why doesn't R* make it free?"

Well, maybe it would have been free, or cheaper, had glitchers like yourself had not "cost them $151.43" by glitching to begin with.

-Bill

• Euphorica, The Rangler, Upggrade and 2 others like this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Saved just over $254 with the LSC bullsh!t broken game coding as I'll call it for now

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

I wouldn't spend a penny on gta$ so 0$

concolt
  • concolt

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

$0 because if I couldn't glitch money I wouldn't buy it.

The real question is how much money is Rockstar costing us?
  • StormerBoy, GoodGreen and Wheeling and Dealing like this

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 20 November 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Nevermind edit out lol 

atiger
  • atiger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Did your Mum buy you the initial game?

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by brooklyn718, 20 November 2013 - 05:39 AM.

This ^^^^ R* ingame money isnt worth anymore than the value THEY put on it, and the price YOU feel its worth to you as an individual. Until Rock dollars are noticed globally as a currency, these conversations are ridiculous.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

So by your reasoning, the cost to operate their multimillion dollar servers (which if free to play for you btw as you don't pay a subscriber fee) is also free for R*?

How about the hundreds of engineers, techs, and IT support R* uses to maintain the servers.  Are these employees also free of charge to the company as well?

Why else would they put a real price/charge on GTA$ in the first place?

Wake up and smell the coffee bro

• The Rangler likes this

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Did your Mum buy you the initial game?

GTA$ is the virtual currency in GTA:Online. Maybe if you spent more time using your brain for something other than trolling, you'd realize that

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

You need to consider the amount of people who would actually purchase any of the cash packages.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by Odesza, 20 November 2013 - 05:20 AM.

You need to consider the amount of people who would actually purchase any of the cash packages.

OP just wants to feel like a rebellious badass on the internet.

Let him dream.

• Timely likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

/feelsgoodman.jpg

-Bill

yes you are.

you're using the servers to play legally i.e. doing races/activities/missions, grinding/farming missions etc. 

or illegally i.e. some combination of cheating/hacking/glitching the above.

the more server site traffic, the more R* will have to maintain the servers.  Like this past weekend when the cloud went down for maintenance. :lol:

Honestly, what else were you expecting from R*'s F2P model? There are 3 main ways a company makes money on F2P games. 

Way #1: By ads (which is typically what mobile F2P apps do).  <--least effective from a profit perspective, so #2 and #3 are better

Way #2: by conversion rate aka spending real USD/Brittish Pounds for million GTA$ shark card bundles.  Shark cards work the same way Zynga operates on a monthly subscription..... <--it's still too early to tell how many ppl are willing to go this route due to all the technical server issues/char/property losses since GTAO launch though.

Way #3: by micro-transactioning the game to death <--It looks like R*  is opting to go the EA Borg route with cash cards and content packs. I suspect the Beach Bum & Blimp packs were test cases R* was trying out on the fan base.  I'm willing to bet that after the heist pack finally comes out, all future store content/packs will cost real currency.....

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

I honestly think it would be hilarious if R* used this thread as evidence in some small claims cases.

OMG, the lulz I would have.

I know it won't ever happen, but it's nice to dream. /sighs wistfully

• StormerBoy, Massive Roy and SecludedMemory like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:27 AM Edited by Odesza, 20 November 2013 - 05:27 AM.

/feelsgoodman.jpg

-Bill

Way #2: by conversion rate aka spending real USD/Brittish Pounds for million GTA$ shark card bundles.  Shark cards work the same way Zynga operates on a monthly subscription..... <--it's still too early to tell how many ppl are willing to go this route due to all the technical server issues/char/property losses since GTAO launch though.

Way #3: by micro-transactioning the game to death <--It looks like R*  is opting to go the EA Borg route with cash cards and content packs. I suspect the Beach Bum & Blimp packs were test cases R* was trying out on the fan base.  I'm willing to bet that after the heist pack finally comes out, all future store content/packs will cost real currency.....

You don't have to buy the shark cards though, there's no incentive forcing you into buying them that R* is forcing upon you, it isn't like most F2P games (mmos in general) that offer items/gear that actually benefit your character.  Also I'd be okay with DLCs costing money doubtful they'd cost more than $20 probably less if anything since this isn't cod.

+ if they add a season pass that would be great.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

If you really want to get technical, the federal reserve notes isn't real money anyway. lol  Find the word money on any dollars and I'll give you a virtual cookie.

• GoodGreen, Wallywhitehurst and maschil like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

adding:

and why--oh why--would R* have invested time and money resources in rolling out update 1.06 btw? You know, the update that just came out today which is designed to eliminate "exploits" of certain game features. aka the bike and car glitches :miranda:

Here's some direct proof from the horses mouth that the billions of GTA$ cheaters have glitched have been an issue of concern to R*.  In all cases of the update notes in the link below, R* explicitly acknowledges these issues were of concern by starting off these updated items with "Corrected an exploit where players...."  :lol:

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/GTAOnline/news 

Big Brother has officially begun to set policies against the cheaters. Any glitcher who circumvents an official patch like 1.06 is officially comiting a cyber crime against the company. That's regardless of whether they think they're "not costing the company anything" or not.  

They're leaving themselves open to potential butthurt.

Best case scenario,suspension/banning of both R* online access and/or XBL privileges depending on the degree of how they hacked their games/consoles. Worst case scenario, potential litigation and/or criminal prosecution if they get caught.

Once again, wake up and smell the coffee bro. 

Since many cheaters have never been caught, it's a hyper norm of the cheater mindset to be complacent.  But complacency can kill,

Because R* only needs to get lucky exactly once.

Cheaters need to be lucky all the time....

@Odesza: that's correct, way #2 isn't mandatory.  I was simply pointing out the major ways a F2P game works in generating money for a company.  I suspect #3 is the way R* will likely end up going in the long run though.

Because the existence of ads anywhere in FM or a Second Life make over of GTAO by route #1, would likely drive the fan base barking mad.  And #2 is already distasteful for many fan boys (the forums are spammed with threads against this) who would rather play to earn their money rather than pay for it.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Cash cards would only cost the company money if the cost to create and interface into the game them outpaced the sales of said cards. I seriously doubt that has happened, seeing as how it was probably a pretty easy thing to code in, comparatively speaking.

So even if nobody anywhere ever bought one, it probably wouldn't cost R* that much, definitely not enough to merit talking about it.

Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

i don't think these two things would be connected..

who would even buy a cash card for a car or something else big when it could easily be glitched away...

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 20 November 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Millions... if you glitch, then expect the rockstar lawyers to sue you very soon.  They're coming for you

[this is what I heard from a trusted friend that knows a lot about rockstar.. they're sending lawyers after people]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users