Quantcast

» «
Photo

stop trying to force cash cards, you're smarter than that R*

39 replies to this topic
daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

it seems like with the nerf the the mission payouts generally only affecting legit players who haven't been at it from day one...  rockstar is really pushing the game in the direction of cash cards leaving, punishing those who have played the game legit from day one.  nerfing payouts is definitely doing nothing to help them.

but then again, if they want money, why not give players a reason to want to spend it?  I would have paid rockstar for the bifta.  it's a sweet ride.  if they ever made a classic 427 cobra, i'd pay em 10 bucks for without question.

why not let me pay real money for different apartment layouts and furniture; unique clothing and tattoos, cars that are only more badass in style (no reason to give any more advantage than lookin badass to paying players, really); unique accessories for avatars and vehicles (imagine smoke that changed color the further away it got.  like green to blue)...  ...pretty much any idea other than what they're doing now.

I didn't mind the grind.  i'm used to it after almost 30 years of gaming, but I can understand people wishing that there was at least enough content they didn't have to, and by almost forcing those players to buy cash cards, you're changing your game from something fun to something you either have to pay to have fun in, or you have to grind your ass off to compete.

any thoughts?  what would you pay them real money for in game?

• Ova-Destroy likes this

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:14 AM

if they ever made a classic 427 cobra, i'd pay em 10 bucks for without question.

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

owlbcnu
  • owlbcnu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

They are not forcing you to do anything. You can still play the game without a cash card. Granted you just can't have everything at once.

From reading your post, you demean cash cards because there us nothing currently available that you want. However if there was an item you wanted you're perfectly ok with the implementation of said cash card?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 November 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Everything was nerfed too - from Pegasus fees, to death and taxes. Regular game is just as affordable as ever.

They are going towards what should have been since day 1 - a super car will mean something, as opposed to being the laughing stock of the "community". You will have to grind a bit for it, sure. But flashy and expensive stuff comes at a price.

• Hamsterbaffle and Odesza like this

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

GTA Online without cash cards: The only way to have new content is to purchase it with real life money. As time goes on, you will feel more and more compelled to shell out actual cash to keep up with the cool kids. Many games use this model.

GTA Online with cash cards: The content remains free if you're willing to buy it with in-game money that you earned by playing the game, subsidized by the minority of players who decide to buy cash cards. This is the model Rockstar has chosen for now, and the reason that the accounting department at Rockstar is willing to let the company keep giving away content and service.

• Caligastia and madwullie like this

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

They are not forcing you to do anything. You can still play the game without a cash card. Granted you just can't have everything at once.

From reading your post, you demean cash cards because there us nothing currently available that you want. However if there was an item you wanted you're perfectly ok with the implementation of said cash card?

not at all...  I don't need cash cards.  I have pretty much been on the grind since day one.  the bifta was the last car I wanted in my garage.  I've got two Pegasus choppers, a tank, 4 boats and 2 planes...

and cash cards really don't affect the glitchers.  most of them didn't lose a dime...  so, cash cards are now targeting a select few players.

remember, r* wanted to try to keep most content free, using cash cards to pay their programmers (nothing is free), but let's face it, most of us don't need them and so youre basically punishing legit players without much free time every time you nerf the payouts. 

I like free dlc.  I like not paying for missions.  I think a better way to do this now that the economy is in such a place that a minority actually need cash cards, is by letting people spend money on unique items rather than hoping that the few left who still need money are going to buy cash cards because you have quartered the mission payout the game started with.

it was also said that now supers will mean something...  how? most of us have the ones we want legit, or with glitched money now anyways, the damage has already been done.  instead of trying to force the game in the way they had intended but failed, maybe they should look for new options.   

right now they get no more money from me... give me cool sh*t to consider buying and they might...  does that help clarify it a bit?

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

Hamsterbaffle, I understand that the development team don't make these decisions. Mass Effect 3 had a similar setup, however that model does kind of give the an heir of "the house always wins" and it definitely hurts the gameplay when everything is centred around making money at the rate that they allow.

• Hamsterbaffle and Caligastia like this

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

I agree with all of you, really. I wish the current "nerfed" settings had been implemented in the first place, or that the money glitches hadn't been there, or something. The last thing I want is for Rockstar's basic economic model to fail, both because I happen to enjoy their games, and because I'd rather see the money-making model they've chosen than the more common [$60 initial game ---> $15 DLC ---> $10 DLC ---> $10 DLC ---> $10 DLC = $105] model.

• Caligastia and daalni like this

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

Honestly, I would rather shell out money for DLC than follow this model, where the gameplay itself is compromised in order to make money. 

I think they just killed their own game with this one. Unless they backtrack real quick in a week or two and at the very least double the current race payouts. 

This cash card thing is simply a horrible economic model. 

• Caligastia and daalni like this

owlbcnu
  • owlbcnu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

I agree, if they had more customizable options I'd buy a cash card to furnish my apartment better.I don't agree they are forcing the cards on us.

The cash cards do not affect anyone but the person buying it. A brand new player can start with $100 worth of paid cash cards. However it does not mean much because nothing has been unlocked.

So what if a level 1 is rolling around in chrome addler. Why is that player viewed in a lesser light because he had the means to obtain it?

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

I agree, if they had more customizable options I'd buy a cash card to furnish my apartment better.I don't agree they are forcing the cards on us.

The cash cards do not affect anyone but the person buying it. A brand new player can start with $100 worth of paid cash cards. However it does not mean much because nothing has been unlocked.

So what if a level 1 is rolling around in chrome addler. Why is that player viewed in a lesser light because he had the means to obtain it?

So the repeated nerfing of payouts since the inception of the game has absolutely nothing to do with cash cards, you say? 

Sounds legit.

owlbcnu
  • owlbcnu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

So the repeated nerfing of payouts since the inception of the game has absolutely nothing to do with cash cards, you say? 

Sounds legit.

That is not what I am saying. I'm saying they they are not forcing it upon you. My pov is they lowered payouts to try and increase game longevity.

Does it suck they did that? Sure it does. However they also lowered cost on other items. So it takes a little longer to get an item. Nothing wrong with that.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by daalni, 20 November 2013 - 04:10 AM.

nothing is wrong with it.  you're misunderstanding, I don't have a problem with the concept of cash cards at all.  I think that had the game worked out as intended (without glitches to exploit), cash cards would have been a viable option.  they would have made sense because everyone would basically have had the same work to do to reach the same cash...  but that isn't the way it happened.  right now, we have the players who would have had plenty of money anyways... players like me who have played enough mmos to actually enjoy the grind.  enjoy that feeling of getting ahead.  we have players who glitched so will never need to make another dime to enjoy this game for life... and a small minority who have done neither of those because they don't agree with glitching and don't have the kind of time to drop into a game like this.  they are the ones fronting the bill for all of us now.

I don't want them to give me more sh*t to spend in game cash on.  I still have enough in game cash for an entity and i'm only making more money every mission I play.  I want to give them money to support this game, but cash cards do nothing for me.  that's why I say make stuff for the game and I will just spend my money on that, no cash card required.

if you've played dcuo it should be familiar to you. nothing OP, it doesn't have to be the best thing in the game, it just has to be unique and people will pay real money for it.  it accomplishes the same thing as cash cards, but in a different way and is something that EVERY player would be more inclined to utilize and spend money on, not just those who were kind of left behind when glitching destroyed the economy and rockstar nerfed the payouts...  if you weren't set up before now, they made it way harder.  harder on the people who had the least to do with the economy being in shambles in the first place.

• a20characterusername likes this

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

I would pay for a fully fleshed out DLC package, one that's you know, decent lol...

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

I would pay for a fully fleshed out DLC package, one that's you know, decent lol...

I feel ya.  I don't wanna judge free stuff, i'm glad I got the bifta, and I'm pretty sure r* has a ton on their plate right now.  at least it can only go up from here...  right?

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Sounds legit.

That is not what I am saying. I'm saying they they are not forcing it upon you. My pov is they lowered payouts to try and increase game longevity.

Does it suck they did that? Sure it does. However they also lowered cost on other items. So it takes a little longer to get an item. Nothing wrong with that.

Lowered the cost on other items?

Like what, exactly?  They made pegasus a bit cheaper and calling lester with one or two stars cheaper?   That's a bit trivial compared to a 50% cut in all missions, what appears to be a 50% cut in survival but I'm not sure, and a 90%+ cut in races.

• billy-pilgrim likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Like what, exactly?  They made pegasus a bit cheaper and calling lester with one or two stars cheaper?   That's a bit trivial compared to a 50% cut in all missions, what appears to be a 50% cut in survival but I'm not sure, and a 90%+ cut in races.

It`s a problem of perception. Half assed gameplay will still have no problems goofing around.

It is beginning to look "grindy" if you want to go for millions in a reasonable time, true. But we haven`t seen the heists yet and we don`t know how will they pay - good or bad. 

For NOW, the game IS playable at its core, towards grind for expensive stuff - 650k+ supercars and Buzzard+Tank. What you could get in days, you will get in weeks. I can`t say it`s a bad idea. Less than ideal for the entitled members of our dear dysfunctional community, but understandable.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

It`s a problem of perception. Half assed gameplay will still have no problems goofing around.

It is beginning to look "grindy" if you want to go for millions in a reasonable time, true. But we haven`t seen the heists yet and we don`t know how will they pay - good or bad. 

For NOW, the game IS playable at its core, towards grind for expensive stuff - 650k+ supercars and Buzzard+Tank. What you could get in days, you will get in weeks. I can`t say it`s a bad idea. Less than ideal for the entitled members of our dear dysfunctional community, but understandable.

These are poor person problems, Phyx. I buy want I want. I'm banking, yo.

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by Delminator, 20 November 2013 - 06:13 AM.

no actually the legit playing person problems.
ofcourse you can buy whatever you want but still they need their minds back set to gaming with a purpose.
Not for some braindead fellows who want to achieve everything in the game by buying it.

make dedicated servers for cashcard buyers,
keep us seperated or you lose even more players.
Bad Sport can leave and implent a Braindead Sport..
I'm not paying a dime before a good DLC comes out..
and i'm sure it needs to be that good! That i feel like Santa Claus was a woman with big tits , a dripping wet pussy and that im banging her whilst playing the new dlc.

But we all know that aint gonna happen so im not gonna keep my hopes high.

ow and the world is coming to an end.
So maybe making worries about other priority stuff seems more usefull.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

It is now almost 2 months after release.

Most players move on to a new game after a month. If the payout system was based on the expectation of heists, then it is way too late, even if heists came tomorrow.

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

if they ever made a classic 427 cobra, i'd pay em 10 bucks for without question.

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 20 November 2013 - 07:05 AM.

I agree with Daalni. But I would say leave cash cards AND add new vehicles/weapons/clothing maybe even a pet, that can be bought with real money. They can do both. Add DLC premium packs, and add DLC free packs. The premium packs would be to help support the development of the game (as I highly doubt the people @Rockstar are working for free), the free DLC would be so everyone else can have something. Keeps everyone happy.

Edit:

For the growth of GTAOnline to really have a major impact. I believe we need 3 things.

A) Heists finally being completed. Having a DECENT payout, not being poorly made. 

B) A new city to visit. You can even make it so you have different ranks in this new city. You were a big player in San Andreas? Well guess what, now you're a new dog in Liberty City or Vice City. Boom, now this fixes all the level 300+ players, and keeps people more interested in the game. This could be done by either flying their, taking a bridge, or going to the airport. (All 3 of these options would create a loading screen, and you would be put into a different lobby with 16 players)

C) Content Creator MISSIONS. This includes Races, Deathmatches too. But I feel like Missions would have the biggest impact out of all 3. Especially if players were able to write their own dialogue etc. This keeps people always having something new. Even when Rockstar can no longer add missions, the players can. Now - I want to go back to when I said "adding dialogue". Obviously adding actual npc dialogue would be impossible, so why not add it as story telling? The npc's don't have to talk, but there can be a prompt and cutscene where there's a storytelling text telling you a backstory and what they need you to do. Hell, why stop there? If players really like the storytelling/mission, there can be an "add to contacts" option after you complete the mission. And then you can get more missions from the person who created it originally. Hours of storytelling could be implemented, by the community. Deathmatch and races are REPETITIVE content, there is a whole new world with missions. (That's not to say they shouldn't add Deathmatches/Races, I bet a lot of people would still appreciate it).

Optional D) 32+ players. Yes it might actually be hard, and I heard this is actually a CONSOLE issue, not anything to do with Rockstar. But couldn't Battlefield 3 support this amount? Anyway I'm not sure about this, so just keep this on optional.

These are all major changes. And if Rockstar were to actually do this, especially add the city, then it will truly earn its title as "GTA Online", right now this is GTA 5 multiplayer. GTA Online should be about expansion. Expand the game to its biggest potential, then you can even sell it as a separate disc for $40.

• 0R74ND0 likes this

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:01 AM Edited by B3astGTS, 20 November 2013 - 07:01 AM.

"Everything was nerfed too - from Pegasus fees, to death and taxes. Regular game is just as affordable as ever.

They are going towards what should have been since day 1 - a super car will mean something, as opposed to being the laughing stock of the "community". You will have to grind a bit for it, sure. But flashy and expensive stuff comes at a price."

If you think the regular game is as affordable as ever you are delusional. Actually, it doesn't even take that to see that you are delusional as you are just making crap up. Everything was nerfed eh? Last I checked apartments cost the same, cars cost the same, and car mods cost the same. The nerfs just push those items further out for the average player.

If you think people that have super cars are the laughing stock of the community you have problems. I actually don't blame you as this whole, "things have to come at a price" attitude is a symptom of the grind happy MMO culture. You have players from these low/no skill MMO games that get this sense of accomplishment based on being rewarded with items for doing nothing more than grinding through a game. Mind you grinding is something that anyone can do provided the time and the patience. It used to be that accomplishment (well as much accomplishment as one could feel for playing a video game and being good at it) was based on things people did in the game that involved skill. The accomplishment stemming from an actual gap between what one person could do in the game and what few others or no others could do.

Bringing this back to the super car comment; grinding to one does not make you more special than anyone else, nor does it make your super car more special than any other person's super car. If it's important to you to assign some sort of meaning to it and feel a sense of accomplishment in a video game, than do something like learning to drive it better than most people. Just owning one doesn't mean anything.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 November 2013 - 01:23 PM.

If you think the regular game is as affordable as ever you are delusional. Actually, it doesn't even take that to see that you are delusional as you are just making crap up. Everything was nerfed eh? Last I checked apartments cost the same, cars cost the same, and car mods cost the same. The nerfs just push those items further out for the average player.

If you think people that have super cars are the laughing stock of the community you have problems. I actually don't blame you as this whole, "things have to come at a price" attitude is a symptom of the grind happy MMO culture. You have players from these low/no skill MMO games that get this sense of accomplishment based on being rewarded with items for doing nothing more than grinding through a game. Mind you grinding is something that anyone can do provided the time and the patience. It used to be that accomplishment (well as much accomplishment as one could feel for playing a video game and being good at it) was based on things people did in the game that involved skill. The accomplishment stemming from an actual gap between what one person could do in the game and what few others or no others could do.

Bringing this back to the super car comment; grinding to one does not make you more special than anyone else, nor does it make your super car more special than any other person's super car. If it's important to you to assign some sort of meaning to it and feel a sense of accomplishment in a video game, than do something like learning to drive it better than most people. Just owning one doesn't mean anything.

Gotta love folks that assume sh*t and are wrong. I don`t have a super nor do I want one. I have the 335k apartment + a full garage which costed me 1.3 mils to fully mod, got a Buzzard and just got money for the tank now - sitting on a pretty 1.55 mils. Waiting for cloud servers to stabilize and i`ll buy me one. Never glitched a second either.

Also, you are dead wrong and you misunderstood my point - REGULAR gameplay - such as removing stars, calling Pegasus and death is affordable. Anything else you have to work for. Don`t like to work for your stuff? That`s your problem, but hardly a reason to talk down on the ones that do. 

It is now almost 2 months after release.

Most players move on to a new game after a month. If the payout system was based on the expectation of heists, then it is way too late, even if heists came tomorrow.

You forget the initial "Golden Age" with Violent Duct, Mixed in with Coke and Rooftop Rumble farming. Anybody that wanted to have money is filthy rich by now.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Everything was nerfed too - from Pegasus fees, to death and taxes. Regular game is just as affordable as ever.

They are going towards what should have been since day 1 - a super car will mean something, as opposed to being the laughing stock of the "community". You will have to grind a bit for it, sure. But flashy and expensive stuff comes at a price.

This.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Economy is complicated. I don't see what is  bad about giving you an advantage for REAL LIFE MONEY instead of REAL LIFE TIME.

This game is NOT supposed to be easy.

Being a criminal who do jobs for peoples isn't easy either and it won't make you a millionaire in one day.

Money was supposed to be really IMPORTANT.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm going to guess wild here and say the people who claim that they would have absolutely no problem at all shelling out for DLC actually would have a problem with it if they were actually asked to shell out for DLC

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:46 PM Edited by Odesza, 20 November 2013 - 01:47 PM.

I'm going to guess wild here and say the people who claim that they would have absolutely no problem at all shelling out for DLC actually would have a problem with it if they were actually asked to shell out for DLC

Honestly no, I can't speak for the majority of people saying that but I myself would have no problem paying for DLCs if I truly enjoy the game, I've purchased pretty much every single DLC for every cod that I've played and have a season pass for bops2/gears of war 3.

I actually hope Rockstar implements a season pass into this game.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

ya man it's like an evil villain typing you up with a laser coming at you, the only way out is to pay him $10

you're right though I'd probably pay for new cars, new interiors for apartments, more car spaces, etc

they did go the smart way about it: if they sell cash it has more of a universal use, if they just sold cars it'd just be that, cash can be used to buy other things so they assumed people actually needed it

doesn't look like it's working all too well

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

instead of pissing everyone off with lowered payouts, they simply need to add more expensive items to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users