Photo

New ways to gain fast RP post 1.06?

117 replies to this topic
Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

He got it wrong, it only counts for point to point. Just drop CR already, how much fun is it anyway to wait for more than 3 minutes??? Just do one of the races we provided you with and you'll be fine. Or try Sundae Driving with a friend (if it is still working, had no time to confirm yesterday).

Wildcard_1979
  • Wildcard_1979

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by Wildcard_1979, 23 November 2013 - 08:16 AM.

aside from the bounty method, the most reliable farming method is single player racing and finish the race in 4min+ to get fixed 2500 rp a little more if it was a clean race. also this works with all race regardless of laps, so u go criminal rec and racefor 29 sec and just before finish line wait for 4min, if it doesn't dnf ( which i dont think it does for 1player race) then u get 2500 rp anyways

Didn't work. Just did CR for 4 minutes plus solo and max rp I got after three times, was 490. Maybe you're the lucky one.

Thanks! That really helped.

Also, same for me. I could only get 500 or so rp doing cr single player over 4 min.
However if you try a longer race like route 68 I got up to 1075 rp. Just put no traffic and go full throttle with a bike, it's a straight shot.
I wonder if you get less at lower levels because I can't get over that much rp...

What race settings do you have it on when you get 2500 rp?

Ok, I'm pretty sure you get more rp as your vehicle gets more upgraded which makes sense why higher level players are getting so much more rp. 

I went from level 14 to 20 today doing Route 68 getting 1075 rp every time. Went and upgraded my bike and it went up to 1100 rp on the next race I did.

As someone else said Point to Point style races seems to work best, long races and when you get to the end you only have to wait about a minute and half and try not to crash... Criminal Records is mind numbing anyways... 

Thanks again for the help everyone. If I happen to find a faster way for rp I'll be sure to share... 

Boo Cocky
  • Boo Cocky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

The mission Potshot is a pretty decent way to level up. Only need two people and on hard each person gets about 1700 RP (edit: might be 1425 for players not in the same crew) and $7000. The nice thing is each player gets the same so no switching off like races. If the mission is done right it takes a couple minutes and is extremely easy.
Drive down the road towards the location and stop just a little distance from the two guys standing there.
Shoot them and eventually the van should drive out of the camp. If the van doesn't drive out at first just run towards the camp a little to get it going and then go back to the cover of your car.
Wait for the van and shoot the driver when it's on the road driving towards you.
One person grab the van and the other go into the camp to kill guys and get more RP. The van driver will have a free run and it's a short drive.
So you only have to kill three guys and the whole mission is very short.

Will have to try this later, not home at te moment. Think it's possible to solo the mission on hard? Like just carefully kill everyone and then take the van?

Yes, it's just three guys if you take the van from outside the park you shouldn't have any further resistance.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

The mission Potshot is a pretty decent way to level up. Only need two people and on hard each person gets about 1700 RP (edit: might be 1425 for players not in the same crew) and $7000. The nice thing is each player gets the same so no switching off like races. If the mission is done right it takes a couple minutes and is extremely easy.
Drive down the road towards the location and stop just a little distance from the two guys standing there.
Shoot them and eventually the van should drive out of the camp. If the van doesn't drive out at first just run towards the camp a little to get it going and then go back to the cover of your car.
Wait for the van and shoot the driver when it's on the road driving towards you.
One person grab the van and the other go into the camp to kill guys and get more RP. The van driver will have a free run and it's a short drive.
So you only have to kill three guys and the whole mission is very short.

Will have to try this later, not home at te moment. Think it's possible to solo the mission on hard? Like just carefully kill everyone and then take the van?

Yes, it's just three guys if you take the van from outside the park you shouldn't have any further resistance.

Will give this a try, too, since it seems to be faster than Coveted. Thanks for the find.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

"New ways to gain fast RP post 1.06"

You done missed out, bro.

Noobie
  • Noobie

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

This "new" RP system is retarded.... Getting higher "Reputation Points" for taking longer in a race... At least with CR, you had to beat your previous lap to get a bonus, which is consistent with the premise of racing, albeit excessive for such an easy course.

That said, it seems now you just have to suck so bad, it takes over 4 minutes to complete a race to get max RP.

Downtown Underground, at my current rank (mid-80's)

- 1 lap @ > 4min gives 2650 RP

I do GTA mode with traffic on just to have something to do whilst taking 4 minutes to complete the lap...

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

What's a point to point race?

Noobie
  • Noobie

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

The finish is not the same location as the starting point.... So there are no laps...

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

So it's like an A to B race?

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

This "new" RP system is retarded.... Getting higher "Reputation Points" for taking longer in a race... At least with CR, you had to beat your previous lap to get a bonus, which is consistent with the premise of racing, albeit excessive for such an easy course.

That said, it seems now you just have to suck so bad, it takes over 4 minutes to complete a race to get max RP.

Downtown Underground, at my current rank (mid-80's)

- 1 lap @ > 4min gives 2650 RP

I do GTA mode with traffic on just to have something to do whilst taking 4 minutes to complete the lap...

You never had to beat your best round in CR. You got the RP after every first round and then some after the second (if you did 3). Just saying.

So it's like an A to B race?

Yes indeed.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Tried the point to point with the commute and was getting sh*t rp too. I'll try route 68 now n see where it gets me.

phil_85
  • phil_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Tried the point to point with the commute and was getting sh*t rp too. I'll try route 68 now n see where it gets me.

I get 3100rp for making the commute last over 4 mins like wait near the finish and I'm level 109, the best way for me is to ring Martin to try to get rooftop rumble if he gives out of court I start a race up after the race try to ring Martin again, I've done rooftop over 20 times today and it takes around 5 mins to complete and on hard you get over 4000rp
  • WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by WBaker, 23 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

I get 3100rp for making the commute last over 4 mins like wait near the finish and I'm level 109, the best way for me is to ring Martin to try to get rooftop rumble if he gives out of court I start a race up after the race try to ring Martin again, I've done rooftop over 20 times today and it takes around 5 mins to complete and on hard you get over 4000rp
You get extra RP if you find the roof in rooftop rumble.

I'm going to have to actually play some missions again.

Edit: the extra rp thing was a joke. It occurred to me new players of the mission might actually spend time trying to get on a roof.

phil_85
  • phil_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

You get extra RP if you find the roof in rooftop rumble.

I'm going to have to actually play some missions again.

Edit: the extra rp thing was a joke. It occurred to me new players of the mission might actually spend time trying to get on a roof.

Lol no to get the extra to just set to hard 1.5x rp and it's very easy with 2 people and a bullet proof entity

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Can you do the race on your own, or you need somone with you?

Also, do you make the race last over 4 mins in total, or is it 4 mins plus the time it took you to complete 99% of the track?

phil_85
  • phil_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by phil_85, 23 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Can you do the race on your own, or you need somone with you?

Also, do you make the race last over 4 mins in total, or is it 4 mins plus the time it took you to complete 99% of the track?
I do the race on my own and make it last just over 4 mins so if you do it quicker just wait near the finish and drive over when the timer hits 4 mins it is boring waiting but I did use supers, you could use a slower car to drag the time out a bit. The rooftop rumble mission is better but if he gives you another mission you can't request another straight away so the race breaks time up.

KARNAGE092579
  • KARNAGE092579

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

anyone want to come help me get to lvl 100? I will fix up a car for you.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Just a heads-up and a bump.

Potshot really works and is so damn quick to do. Just want to repeat for those who don't read the whole thread:
Set the mission to HARD and start it. Drive up the road to the camp, stop when you can see the two guys standing guard. Snipe them. If the van doesn't move by now, drive a tad further. Wait until he exits the camp. Snipe the driver. Drive the van to Trevor's trailer. Congrats, you just got 7.000 $ and about 1.500 RP for 3 bullets and a short drive.

• Kalik and Boo Cocky like this

s44rgg
  • s44rgg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Quickest way that i know of that requires no other players is the Industrial Parachute. 48 seconds per jump and usually 575-605 per jump. More you do you will get 605 every time as you learn how to do it quicker and better. Will get boring but its just one option. you do about 17 jumps per rank up level and including loading times it is about half an hours work.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Coveted on hard is 1980 rp and 12000 $

This and it's a fun mission too

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just putting it out there that potshot and coveted and quick getaway are all rank 25 and higher missions to host. Not sure about being invited before level 25 tho.

s44rgg
  • s44rgg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

i only get 1175 for quick getaway. for 4 minutes work it is not the best for me.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

just did a trevor mission and got almost 5000rp. had to destroy a meth lab and then collect the meth. not sure if that's the normal amount since the game was having some issues. I was stuck next to my car with the door open for a few minutes before it let me get in my own car.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Do people actually need to farm RP in this game? 

All the money threads I can understand. Money spends. No matter how much you make, you are always going to want to spend more, and it is a never ending cycle. 

But RP in this game comes quick. Honestly, I never once considered RP when choosing an activity.

Level 138, by the way. And I'm not bragging. Because being level 138 is nothing to be proud of. More like something to be deeply ashamed of. 

Anyways, I kind of wish it had taken me longer to level up. I thought the money in this game was always perfect (except for what has happened to races since 1.06), but that RP just came way too fast. 

Oh, and once you get to level 70, you are golden. The Advanced Rifle is the best overall gun in the game. I wouldn't worry too much about the Combat MG. The Heavy Sniper is awesome, one of my favorite weapons, but it is unlikely to effect the balance between higher and lower level guys. RPG and MiniGun are useless. 

So, once you have the Advanced Rifle and Assault Shotty, nobody can stop you. 

• Kalik likes this

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Do people actually need to farm RP in this game? 

All the money threads I can understand. Money spends. No matter how much you make, you are always going to want to spend more, and it is a never ending cycle. 

But RP in this game comes quick. Honestly, I never once considered RP when choosing an activity.

Level 138, by the way. And I'm not bragging. Because being level 138 is nothing to be proud of. More like something to be deeply ashamed of. 

Anyways, I kind of wish it had taken me longer to level up. I thought the money in this game was always perfect (except for what has happened to races since 1.06), but that RP just came way too fast. 

Oh, and once you get to level 70, you are golden. The Advanced Rifle is the best overall gun in the game. I wouldn't worry too much about the Combat MG. The Heavy Sniper is awesome, one of my favorite weapons, but it is unlikely to effect the balance between higher and lower level guys. RPG and MiniGun are useless. 

So, once you have the Advanced Rifle and Assault Shotty, nobody can stop you. 

For some it is getting to level 100 that matters (trophies and such). Before 1.06 I reached level 89 without grinding, just by racing, doing stuff. Now I'm level 95 and it seems like an eternity to level up. But I chose to take my time instead of pushing it for no reason.

I agree with your weapon choice, but I do love the Combat MG. And the Heavy Sniper is great for missions (Coveted is the best example), as it one-hit-kills even if you don't aim for the head.

gsweater
  • gsweater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by gsweater, 04 December 2013 - 03:17 AM.

I'm also a fan of the Coveted mission.  Potshot gets verrrrrrrrryyyyy boring.  Coveted allows you over 500 RP in kills awith an additional 1990 at mission end (if all targets killed - as of level 58).  That's set at solo and Hard.  The fun thing about this one is that I love sniping.  Take out the guy just below  you by the SUV, then take 20 or so steps left.  From there, you can snipe everyone - go for 100% headshots as a challenge.  You can literally hit every other target from there if you're patient and you know which ones to take out first (generally speaking, take out the ones on the right of any group as they are the ones that will hide behind crates and trailers).  Run down to the SUV, kill the 2-3 guys who hid behind crates or package if there were any, jump in the SUV and drive to the bottom - if you missed one of the guys on the left behind the SUV, ram it off the cliff and kill them.  Park, kill the chopper driver, grab the package with the CargoBob and fly over the hill.  You don't have to drop it in the zone, just be somewhere reasonably close.  Easy peasy and takes about 5 mins when you get it down.  Bonus is you get great at sniping quickly.  Alternatively, try it with a knife!  Now THAT is fun  :devil: and pays very well - 12k cash every time!  Bought me a new Entity today.

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm also a fan of the Coveted mission.  Potshot gets verrrrrrrrryyyyy boring.  Coveted allows you over 500 RP in kills awith an additional 1990 at mission end (if all targets killed - as of level 58).  That's set at solo and Hard.  The fun thing about this one is that I love sniping.  Take out the guy just below  you by the SUV, then take 20 or so steps left.  From there, you can snipe everyone - go for 100% headshots as a challenge.  You can literally hit every other target from there if you're patient and you know which ones to take out first (generally speaking, take out the ones on the right of any group as they are the ones that will hide behind crates and trailers).  Run down to the SUV, kill the 2-3 guys who hid behind crates or package if there were any, jump in the SUV and drive to the bottom - if you missed one of the guys on the left behind the SUV, ram it off the cliff and kill them.  Park, kill the chopper driver, grab the package with the CargoBob and fly over the hill.  You don't have to drop it in the zone, just be somewhere reasonably close.  Easy peasy and takes about 5 mins when you get it down.  Bonus is you get great at sniping quickly.  Alternatively, try it with a knife!  Now THAT is fun  :devil: and pays very well - 12k cash every time!  Bought me a new Entity today.

I do everything but the suv. just run still 4 to 6 mins solo. If you shoot them in a certain order they won't move. Easy on hard

kobygehl21
  • kobygehl21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Looking to bounty boost if anyone's interested Xbox gamertag: hylianelite21NL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users