Photo

New ways to gain fast RP post 1.06?

117 replies to this topic
Antihero1945
  • Antihero1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Post patch 1.06 the Criminal records has been patched so it no longer gives us a great amount of RP. F*ck you rockstar! Seriously. I'm stuck at level 42. I don't ever see myself getting to level 100 now with the lame and stupid little amount of RP you gain. 

So... I guess it's time to find new ways to get fast RP. If there are any at all. Anyone? :(

L M F A O.!   YES!!!!

From the bottom of my heart..  I wish you all the BIGGEST    FUUUUUUCK YOUUU EVER.  :D

f*ck all you clowns that keep doing criminal records all day every day.  f*ck YOU, f*ck YOU, f*ck YOU!

I've probably wasted hours and hours joining your silly little 1 lap bitch races, only to leave and join another.

You wanna level, play the f*ckIN GAME!

Im lvl 130, its not hard to play and level.

Don't forget your pills

• multi3352 likes this

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Back to topic:

Well, the race "Quick Getaway" gave me 2550 RP and it takes about 4 mins to do.

I was solo btw.

This is pretty much the race to go for now, I guess. And there is a little twist to it. It usually takes me between 3:10 and 3:30 to complete, but if you wait past the 4 minute mark, you actually get MORE RP. If I complete it under 4, I get 2080 RP and afterwards it's a decent 2775.

If you create a playlist with only Quick Getaway, you can actually make about 35.000 in an hour (which is not nearly as good as CR was).

If someone has another good option, please tell.

• BeerRains and KingPancakes like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

Back to topic:

I was solo btw.

This is pretty much the race to go for now, I guess. And there is a little twist to it. It usually takes me between 3:10 and 3:30 to complete, but if you wait past the 4 minute mark, you actually get MORE RP. If I complete it under 4, I get 2080 RP and afterwards it's a decent 2775.

If you create a playlist with only Quick Getaway, you can actually make about 35.000 in an hour (which is not nearly as good as CR was).

Nice, will try this. Oh and to the guys who tell us to play the game the "right" way, you must be lying to yourself. The payout and RP from missions are ridiculous after the nerfing, the races and survivals got nerfed too, the missions are repetitive. Just go here, kill, take drugs, destroy that. And dont get me started on the accuracy of the enemies. Even the simplest mission with the smallest payout can be ridiculously hard because of the sniper accuracy the AI had. Go on, tell the people who just started playing online to play the game the right way, they'll be hoping to another game in a week because of how dull the activities are.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

First of all. I'm a trophy hunter. I like to collect trophies in games and thats why I'm aiming for getting the platinum trophy in this game. You need to get to level 100 to get platinum trophy.

Post patch 1.06 the Criminal records has been patched so it no longer gives us a great amount of RP. F*ck you rockstar! Seriously. I'm stuck at level 42. I don't ever see myself getting to level 100 now with the lame and stupid little amount of RP you gain. 

So... I guess it's time to find new ways to get fast RP. If there are any at all. Anyone? :(

Why haven't you been grinding Criminal Records all this time? I only played it for maybe 6 hours or so, and got up past level 110 (with other stuff in between, of course). I also leveled up another character to 42. 

But, yeah, they're really ruining the game, especially for new players ... if a new player gets the game and is being killed by level 100s all the time and they can't get that high without playing for months, they will leave. Rockstar needs to realize this.

• jameznash likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

^^^

Leveling is supposed to be the result, not the goal.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

^^^

Leveling is supposed to be the result, not the goal.

I don't know how long you played, I'm there since day 1 (well, "being there" means I tried), got a character deleted, started from scratch, got it deleted again and started one final time. I've been doing almost every race, parachute jump, mission and activity there is (aside from the new ones). I don't like Death Matches that much, so I left out on most. This game doesn't offer that much anymore, since most of my friends got tired of being killed repeatedly in Freeroam. And even though I like messing around a bit, it is getting too expensive now, since you don't get sh*t for anything (maybe glitching, but I never even considered this).

What I am trying to say: If a game is fun and keeps me interested (how about an online-story-mode?? I would LOVE to play a story with my own char), I don't mind taking my time leveling up. But if I have to wait 15 minutes for someone to join a race, leave, enter a new lobby and try again it is a bore.

If they don't release the Content Creator or Heists soon, I don't see how they keep the players interested with some shirts, tatoos and more races nobody joins.

• p3ezi and Eddie_INTV like this

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

CountryClub-GTAV.png

• iBUCKEYE likes this

Zamorak
  • Zamorak

Forgotensoul777

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

A new way has been found. It involves bounties and is legit
Now while it's not as fast as the races it still gives a level rather fast maybe 10 bounties a level? Anyways go to invite only session with your friend and kill him after you place a $1,000 bounty on him. When he/she respawns simply put another bounty on and repeat.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Now while it's not as fast as the races it still gives a level rather fast maybe 10 bounties a level? Anyways go to invite only session with your friend and kill him after you place a $1,000 bounty on him. When he/she respawns simply put another bounty on and repeat.

Do you get more RP if you put a higher bounty on?

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Do you get more RP if you put a higher bounty on?

Nope, 1.000 is fine. The bad part about this is, that you lose 1.000 everytime (it costs 2.000 to place a 1.000 bounty) and since you don't make money fast enough, I would not really suggest this approach to low level players (except they glitch)

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Back to topic:

I was solo btw.

Do you have to be at a certain rank for quick getaway? Cuz I'm on my level 11 and it's not showing up in the job list.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Do you have to be at a certain rank for quick getaway? Cuz I'm on my level 11 and it's not showing up in the job list.

I will take a look later and edit this post here.

jusstoun
  • jusstoun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

I just found a method that works for quick RP after the 1.06 patch.

Please keep all comments about: way is anyone grinding, play the game the right way, quit cheating the system bullsh*t to yourself. This is a post about how to get fast RP. If you don't want to do it than don't, and why are you even reading this post? I've played numerous hours of this game, have done almost all of the missions, races, survivals, all multiple times, and only got to level 60ish. I enjoy the game, but I still want to get the platinum. With the recent fixes and lower $ and RP, it is starting to get repetitive. Plus how I play the game does not effect you, so why anyone cares is beyond me. Oh, and if you want to talk about glitches....guess how many special packages drops I've received. ZERO. The game has never spawned them. If I don't get the whole game experience, then I don't have a problem exploiting a flaw in the code. I'll get off my soap box now.

So....here is what I found playing the other night. Since the 1.06 patch they have included a few new races. While playing "Sundae Driving" I noticed that the World Record had not been set yet. When I ran a 2 lap race with a friend, he got the fastest 1st lap, and set a World Record, and got approx 5000 RP bonus upon crossing the finish line the 1st time. This is similar to the Criminal Records glitch. So we continued to run 2 lap races all last night and it still works as of today. This method is a bit slower as only 1 player can get the RP bonus per race as far as I know. My boosting partner was already level 106 so he let me get the fastest lap every time, and I let him win the race so he could get the minimal cash bonus ($600). This method does NOT work on solo races, as I've tried.  

Below are the settings I used:

Race: Sundae Driving
Race Type: Standard
Laps: 2
Vehicle: Motorcycles
Time of day: Noon
Weather: Clear
Traffic: On
Wanted Levels: Off
Custom Vehicles: On
Catchup: On
Split Times: Personnel (It may not ask you for this option)
Then turn Matchmaking to Off

When you are racing...hit the Down D-pad button to see your RP bar, as also look at your personnel lap time and race time. If it show a "---.---.---" under your personnel time or for the world record time indicating one hasn't been set, then it should work for you. You should see your RP bar go up significantly when you cross the finish line the 1st lap. (It may take up to 5 seconds to register, so don't freak out.)

Average Lap time was approx 50 seconds
Average Race Time was under 2 min
Average Race time including loading time to start the next race is 3.5 min per race.
XP per race is 5000 (For the person who gets the fastest 1st lap, the winner of the race will get less than 500 I think)(The maximum XP you can get per activity is 5000)
Average time to level up using this method - 20 min (Six races will get you 30,000 RP)
I went from Level 91 to 100 in 4 hours (Double this time if you grinding partner also needs the XP as you will need to switch off races)

We didn't adjust any of the above settings as it was working and I didn't want to screw it up, but you can likely take the traffic off and have it not be effected. Also, you need it to be a 2 lap race, because the 5000 RP will not be added on a 1 lap race because when you finish, it triggers the race end screen. You need to have 2 laps.

Also, it would be worth trying the below method for 2 players who both need XP: (I did not try it, so it may not work.)

Set it to a 3 lap race, and let player A get the fastest lap on lap 1, but don't go that fast. Then let Player B get a faster lap on lap 2. Then finish the race on lap 3.

Anyone looking to get to 100 should do this now before it gets patched. Good luck.

• StormerBoy, Killbook and THEFAM_MCMJ like this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Winning in Team DeathMatches (the ones i tried) gives quite alot of RP now! :)

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

sell your soul...

and you'll never worry again

SELL
SELL
SELL

GTAO is about fun

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Survival was, and still is my favourite game mode

Hopefully will see a few more of them adding with future DLCs

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 21 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Is this your last trophy to get? I'm at rank 101 and I still need the "Nemuro Uno" trophy (think its the rally race that I need) and I still need the 30 platinum awards one also...my point is that you may hit rank 100 along the way to a platinum trophy.

EDIT: Just to add...im only guilty of repeating Criminal Records from near hitting rank 98 until I got to 100 because I just wanted the f*cking RPG NOW! I got to that rank from playing a few hours in the evening most nights and it didn't seem that long before I hit 100...but I will say that repeating CR race for 2 ranks was the most boring f*cking time ever playing online(it felt longer than the days and nights I played having fun)..never again...ill gladly play the way I want and eventually get the minigun :)
  • lannydee and THEFAM_MCMJ like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Survival was, and still is my favourite game mode

Hopefully will see a few more of them adding with future DLCs

Added a new one with beach bum, I have only played it once but it was okay.

lionheart2243
  • lionheart2243

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Please keep all comments about: way is anyone grinding, play the game the right way, quit cheating the system bullsh*t to yourself. This is a post about how to get fast RP. If you don't want to do it than don't, and why are you even reading this post? I've played numerous hours of this game, have done almost all of the missions, races, survivals, all multiple times, and only got to level 60ish. I enjoy the game, but I still want to get the platinum. With the recent fixes and lower $ and RP, it is starting to get repetitive. Plus how I play the game does not effect you, so why anyone cares is beyond me. Oh, and if you want to talk about glitches....guess how many special packages drops I've received. ZERO. The game has never spawned them. If I don't get the whole game experience, then I don't have a problem exploiting a flaw in the code. I'll get off my soap box now.
So....here is what I found playing the other night. Since the 1.06 patch they have included a few new races. While playing "Sundae Driving" I noticed that the World Record had not been set yet. When I ran a 2 lap race with a friend, he got the fastest 1st lap, and set a World Record, and got approx 5000 RP bonus upon crossing the finish line the 1st time. This is similar to the Criminal Records glitch. So we continued to run 2 lap races all last night and it still works as of today. This method is a bit slower as only 1 player can get the RP bonus per race as far as I know. My boosting partner was already level 106 so he let me get the fastest lap every time, and I let him win the race so he could get the minimal cash bonus ($600). This method does NOT work on solo races, as I've tried.  
When you are racing...hit the Down D-pad button to see your RP bar, as also look at your personnel lap time and race time. If it show a "---.---.---" under your personnel time or for the world record time indicating one hasn't been set, then it should work for you. You should see your RP bar go up significantly when you cross the finish line the 1st lap. (It may take up to 5 seconds to register, so don't freak out.)
Average Race time including loading time to start the next race is 3.5 min per race.
XP per race is 5000 (For the person who gets the fastest 1st lap, the winner of the race will get less than 500 I think)(The maximum XP you can get per activity is 5000)
Average time to level up using this method - 20 min (Six races will get you 30,000 RP)
I went from Level 91 to 100 in 4 hours (Double this time if you grinding partner also needs the XP as you will need to switch off races)
We didn't adjust any of the above settings as it was working and I didn't want to screw it up, but you can likely take the traffic off and have it not be effected. Also, you need it to be a 2 lap race, because the 5000 RP will not be added on a 1 lap race because when you finish, it triggers the race end screen. You need to have 2 laps.
Also, it would be worth trying the below method for 2 players who both need XP: (I did not try it, so it may not work.)
Set it to a 3 lap race, and let player A get the fastest lap on lap 1, but don't go that fast. Then let Player B get a faster lap on lap 2. Then finish the race on lap 3.
Anyone looking to get to 100 should do this now before it gets patched. Good luck.

Somebody get out there and test this stat! Stuck at school so I can't. And for the love of god don't spread the word. Dont need Rockstar finding out about this.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Somebody get out there and test this stat! Stuck at school so I can't. And for the love of god don't spread the word. Dont need Rockstar finding out about this.

Will do in an hour.

Is this your last trophy to get? I'm at rank 101 and I still need the "Nemuro Uno" trophy (think its the rally race that I need) and I still need the 30 platinum awards one also...my point is that you may hit rank 100 along the way to a platinum trophy.

EDIT: Just to add...im only guilty of repeating Criminal Records from near hitting rank 98 until I got to 100 because I just wanted the f*cking RPG NOW! I got to that rank from playing a few hours in the evening most nights and it didn't seem that long before I hit 100...but I will say that repeating CR race for 2 ranks was the most boring f*cking time ever playing online(it felt longer than the days and nights I played having fun)..never again...ill gladly play the way I want and eventually get the minigun :)

Nope, this is wrong, I got everything when I hit level 80 or so (and I did a lot of races and parachute-jumps to achieve this level).
It depends on what Plat-Awards you tackle. Here are some easy ones:

The Human Canvas (since Beach Bum you get this sh*t for free...) + Lapping it up + Snappy Dresser + Hairy Encounters
The Champion (comes naturally for race-lovers)

Road Rage (also boostable)
In a class of your own

Penetrate from behind

Dust Maker (was glitched, I guess, don't know if still is)

Every Race (well, maybe not that easy for some)

Survivor

Over the Top (takes 15 minutes max with a friend for both)

Out of Five + Straight Sets + Aces (takes about 30 minutes max with a friend for both)

Granny

All Rounder (like Every Race)

War Pig + Veteran Racer

Stayed on Target

Clear out

Checking out (a bit of practice and luck)

When pigs can fly (get the Buzzard from the airport and wreck havoc)

Vehicle Thief

Armed Robber

Sky High

Mile High Club

Suped Up

Airborne (a by-product of solo-ing Downtown Underground)

Unirider (go to the airport, mine was 3.000 and you only need 2.000)

Killstreaker (takes 10 minutes max with a friend for both)

Smoke 'em out

Bloodiest of the Bunch (glitchy, because none of us got it after a round of Survivor)

...and basically all DM-stuff if you have a friend, because you can keep killing each other.

Enough for you? :D

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

CONFIRMED!

It even works with 3 rounds. Drive the first round slow and then let the other one go fast in the second round. 5.000 in about 2:30 for both!

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

You don't need to keep paying for bounty and then shooting each other.

Go to invite only with a friend - Jack a few cars - this gives you a bounty within a few.

Then kill that person - repeat over.

Slightly slower than paying but works. + you are getting money and not spending it.

You can get 7k bounty doing this as well so makes good money.

I have found bounty hunting in normal lobby makes good money now the races are crap.

Just give Lester a ring to remove dot from radar - drive a normal car at normal speed - drive straight behind them - Shot gun to the face - Repeat.

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

~

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

LETS RANK UP

PSN:SIREK95

BOUNTY SPAMMING.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

CONFIRMED!

It even works with 3 rounds. Drive the first round slow and then let the other one go fast in the second round. 5.000 in about 2:30 for both!

Can you have more than 2 palyers and turn traffic off?

Nightfall19
  • Nightfall19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Need someone for sundae racing lap swapping
i'm on psn.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Can you have more than 2 palyers and turn traffic off?

More than 2 takes too long. Make teams of 2 to get maximum profit. Yes, you can turn traffic off.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

So how long will this glitch work for, ie when will the 'world record' be set?

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

So how long will this glitch work for, ie when will the 'world record' be set?

It won't, because it is a glitch. It'll work as long as they fix it. It's a CR light, if you like, because only the first player gets it each round.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

So not to be fixed until 1.07?

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Maybe with a Quick Fix, I don't know. If you want to level up, this is your best bet right now, as far as I see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users