Quantcast

» «
Photo

Motorcycle Physics

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Motorcycle Physics (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you okay with the motorcycle physics/handling?

1. Yes (44 votes [44.90%])

Percentage of vote: 44.90%

2. No (54 votes [55.10%])

Percentage of vote: 55.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 19 November 2013 - 08:26 PM.

I'm actually quite surprised this hasn't been an issue with other people. Okay, I'm not questioning people who think otherwise, but I have a serious issue with motorcycle physics in GTA V. I'm pretty much fine with the car physics, they haven't been a problem for me. However, the motorcycle physics feel very wrong, even for a GTA game. It's not so much the handling itself that bothers me, it feels alot like most 3D Era games like cars do. What I don't like however, everything else.

For a start, doing wheelies is completely broken. You have a better chance at doing them at slow speeds, but attempting them at faster speeds is completely useless, no matter how hard you hold the stick down. You bike will tilt slightly upwards and that's about it. It feels really stiff as well, not being able to turn while in the progress of a wheelie, unlike GTA IV and other games.

And then there's the drifting. Well it's not so much drifting as it is just doing a sharper normal turn. This is very evident on bikes like the Sanchez and PCJ 600. Bikes like the Vader and Nemesis are somewhat better at doing drifts, but that's not saying much. Choppers aren't ideal bikes for drifting though even then it could be better. Because of these lousy drifts, no longer can you do a cool 180 degree turn followed by a wheelie anymore. Did I also mention how holding down the drift/brake button does not leave skidmarks like it used to? This seems to show that there was never even an attempt at this mechanic to begin with. Even Chinatown Wars has better bike drifting.

Other gripes I have is how easy it is to get knocked off (especially by slight bumps from pursuing police cars) eventually leading to certain death, and a rather annoying camera that moves around too much. Aside from the aggressive wanted system and lack of interiors, I've not had a whole load of major issues with the game, but this is definitely something that Rockstar dropped the ball on. I don't know how they could mess it up so easily.

This is not a thread to bitch and attack the game. I know people may disagree with me and that's fine. This is just to discuss the motorcycle physics. I think this is one mechanic Rockstar should consider reworking and patching.

• k0NG3ěRN and domnic1993 like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

The bikes in GTA IV are way too floaty and lack any believable level of traction. Super bikes should not slide. Period.

For this reason alone, GTA V bike handling > > > > > > > > > > > > > >  > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > GTA SA/VC bike handling > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > GTA IV handling.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 19 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

GTA IV's bike physics weren't perfect either. They felt like they were driving on an ice rink at times, but at least you could pull off wheelies better and do drifts, though doing that makes the bike stupidly slide across the ground. However, GTA V's barely seem to do neither for me.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Pretty much everything you stated makes it more realistic, maybe not quite as fun.

Turn while wheelieing, not realistic

Wheelieing while at top speed, not realistic

Drifitng turns on a bike, not realistic.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Pretty much everything you stated makes it more realistic, maybe not quite as fun.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really care much about realism. The car physics aren't that realistic to begin with so I don't see why motorcycle physics should.

• ReekyAlex likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

The bikes in GTA IV are way too floaty and lack any believable level of traction. Super bikes should not slide. Period.

For this reason alone, GTA V bike handling > > > > > > > > > > > > > >  > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > GTA SA/VC bike handling > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > GTA IV handling.

They should slide, you must have never seen a bike race or have driven one yourself. GTA IV's bikes where perfect, just lacked a little bit speed.

V's bikes suck so much that even though i'm a huge bike fan, i never drive any bike in GTA V.

• Stability likes this

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

I thought the driving in this game would set the bar. It lowered it.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Im content with the Motorcycle pshysics currently, can't really complain that much as the only two bikes I ever use consist of the Police Bike and Franklin's Bagger.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

They grew on me and is it me or does Franklin's bike seem to handle much better once you remove those bags? The collector's edition bike is awesome as well.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by Lagful, 20 November 2013 - 02:02 AM.

I just wish sh*t would actually render while I'm driving, so I'm not constantly driving into invisible poles and dying. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Im content with the Motorcycle pshysics currently, can't really complain that much as the only two bikes I ever use consist of the Police Bike and Franklin's Bagger.

Yeah, try a Bati 800 or a Dinka Double T. Feels like riding an incontrollable rocket.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

It's really sports bikes that have flawed physics imo, at least compared to other games.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

I agree the physics are way off. It was awesome in IV that at a dead stop you could lean forward hold the e brake and throttle, let go of the brake (still leaning forward) and do some awesome burnouts or donuts. Now the bikes self correct, do really fake looking and feeling wheelies and (like the cars) can barely do a burn out if at all. There was more weight control in IV and they should bring that back. All the physics in this game took a turn for the worse but the bikes are ridiculous.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

I agree the physics are way off. It was awesome in IV that at a dead stop you could lean forward hold the e brake and throttle, let go of the brake (still leaning forward) and do some awesome burnouts or donuts. Now the bikes self correct, do really fake looking and feeling wheelies and (like the cars) can barely do a burn out if at all. There was more weight control in IV and they should bring that back. All the physics in this game took a turn for the worse but the bikes are ridiculous.

Some bikes can drift/burnout better than others. The Nemesis does have decent drifting and an almost 180 degree burnout can be achieved. If all bikes had controlled similar to this, I wouldn't have had a problem. Wheelies are almost impossible as well, they should have made them similar to Midnight Club: Los Angeles or something.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

I don't know jack sh*t about motorcycles or motorcycle physics in real life, but every single complaint of yours are all things that make the bikes much better and more true-to-life...

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

I don't know jack sh*t about motorcycles or motorcycle physics in real life, but every single complaint of yours are all things that make the bikes much better and more true-to-life...

Compared to previous games, I think the physics are flawed. Even if doing wheelies at high speed isn't "true to life", it was in every other GTA game so I don't know what happened.

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by xXxTerrorist, 28 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

"For a start, doing wheelies is completely broken. You have a better chance at doing them at slow speeds, but attempting them at faster speeds is completely useless, no matter how hard you hold the stick down."

Try pressing forward then backwards.

I think bikes are fine... and what is this true to life sh*t everyone keeps spouting... its a game and not even a sim.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by SUPERHEAVYDOODY, 28 November 2013 - 11:11 PM.

I do somersaults, flips, twists, and anything else I can come up with. No problem here.
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 28 November 2013 - 11:12 PM.

I think bikes are fine... and what is this true to life sh*t everyone keeps spouting... its a game and not even a sim.

Did help somewhat, but it still feels stiff compared to previous games imo. Maybe I exaggerated when I said they were broken. I do think they need improving though, doing wheelies in previous GTA games was alot easier.

I do somersaults, flips, twists, and anything else I can come up with. No problem here.

Doing flips is pretty incredible, I have to say. I was amazed the first time I pulled one off.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by SUPERHEAVYDOODY, 28 November 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Did help somewhat, but it still feels stiff compared to previous games imo. Maybe I exaggerated when I said they were broken. I do think they need improving though, doing wheelies in previous GTA games was alot easier.

Doing flips is pretty incredible, I have to say. I was amazed the first time I pulled one off.

Great big air area just south of the LSC on Route 68.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

The ONLY real issue with the bike physics is the lack of shocks and how stiff they feel. Otherwise they're pretty darn good. A little too tight on the steering but given how awful they were in IV I'd gladly take a stiff frame with ultra tight handling over the ridiculous floaty drifty bike physics in IV. This game is an improvement in essentially every category over IV.
  • Finn 7 five 11 and ChrisPerry2 like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Physics aren't just right yet, but the motorbikes are far better than IV.

I will take stiff precise handling over IV's somewhat sluggish, slidey feeling motorbikes which accelerated slower than supercars (wat), also in IV you would fall off your motorbike when you hit a curb, GTAV is actually about right for how much of an impact that requires.

The steering is a bit arcadey, but not too bad.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 29 November 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Bad poll. I am OK with the motorcycle physics, but I don't really LIKE them especially compared to IV's.

badphysics
  • badphysics

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:41 PM Edited by badphysics, 09 May 2015 - 11:49 PM.

One of the reasons I quit playing this game was the driving psysics, and especially the motorcycle physics. It feels totally unrealistic. The way the bikes brake (as if they don't have any weight what so ever), change direction, handle terrain, and climb over the steepest slopes...hell, you can climb a f*cking mountain on a superbike in this game. And you can jump from the peak and when you hit the ground nothing happens. WTF is this sh*t ?? It's like your bike is immune to gravity and has infinite traction and infinite suspension and infinite power and zero weight. And the sounds the bikes make are sh*t compared to gta4. Not to mention wheelies are gone. The motorcycle physics in GTA4 were not extremely realistic either, but at least they were exciting and made you feel you were actually riding a motorcycle, not a f*cking broomstick with wheels, that let's you climb mount Everest in like 10 seconds. Whoever says the motorcycle physics in this game are "realistic" is probably 12 years old (or less). I don't think it can get more arcade (lame) than this.

• Lock N' Stock and 78 lil red express like this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

Bikes in V are so unrealistic. 

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

WTF? Bikes on IV where realistic, obviously you have never seen a bike on a street race.

• 78 lil red express likes this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

Because i hate using bikes in any game that allows you to fall off of them, I find V's to be adequate. IV's were god awful - the WORST bike physics of any game I've played. I can at least tolerate V's for the very few times I've been on bikes, but in IV I avoid them like the plague.

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

RIP forums.gamer.co.il

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:06 AM Edited by Tomern11, 10 May 2015 - 04:07 AM.

The motorcycle handling, is in fact worse than the car's handling. Bikes take turns too fast. Feels very artificial. 

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

The motorcycle handling, is in fact worse than the car's handling. Bikes take turns too fast. Feels very artificial. 

Ikr, Bikes physics in V are so horrible, so fake I cant even describe them. Disgusting physics. 

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

WTF? Bikes on IV where realistic, obviously you have never seen a bike on a street race.

No they were not realistic. Stop posting.

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users