Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can We Expect Lightning Bolts to Make a Comeback?

57 replies to this topic
kingkock666
  • kingkock666

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

What! I was playing today (after downloading the BBP) and I saw some while driving on a motorbike up Mount Chilliad! Other then seeing them today I have only seen them 2 other times (Trevor's mission included). I am guessing they are Super Rare, or something...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Above: in the northwest, lighting is rare. In Southern California, I have no clue. Dry lighting strikes have sparked devastating wildfires there before though.

Oh and no, lighting hasn't been in since 1.04. There IS lightning, BUT it is very much like IV's now; no bolts in other words.

Can you provide proof of it being removed? I don't see anywhere officially stated of it's removal.

Umm, dafuq? Obviously it was removed by accident via the 1.04 patch, lol! Why would they intentionally remove it? Why-- think, think dude. :whuh:

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

Above: in the northwest, lighting is rare. In Southern California, I have no clue. Dry lighting strikes have sparked devastating wildfires there before though.

Oh and no, lighting hasn't been in since 1.04. There IS lightning, BUT it is very much like IV's now; no bolts in other words.

Can you provide proof of it being removed? I don't see anywhere officially stated of it's removal.
Umm, dafuq? Obviously it was removed by accident via the 1.04 patch, lol! Why would they intentionally remove it? Why-- think, think dude. :whuh:

Ummm... How can you say it was "obviously" removed, when in fact, several people (including myself) have seen it recently? The only "obvious" thing here is that you're using that word rather loosely.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

I've never seen one and I've had the game since launch.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Ummm... How can you say it was "obviously" removed, when in fact, several people (including myself) have seen it recently? The only "obvious" thing here is that you're using that word rather loosely.

I think you all have seen lightning, but not the actual strike, ya know this! THIS:

Lightning_in_Arlington.jpg

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I think you all have seen lightning, but not the actual strike, ya know this! THIS:

Holy sh*t, that looks like it would do some serious f*cking damage lol.

• Sting4S likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thats what I saw... Only difference was ot wasn't in the city.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Like I said... Yes, I saw a lightning BOLT!

Rob142sti
  • Rob142sti

Bored of GTAV/O

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I also saw one few days ago. Lot up the map completely at night. I actually stopped and went whoa! As did everyone else in the lobby lol. It was actually very very detailed and made us all jump.

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

This is in...

trueno-tormenta_294906.jpg

This has been removed...

LightningBoltonblack5188.gif

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

This is in...

trueno-tormenta_294906.jpg

This has been removed...

LightningBoltonblack5188.gif

This is what I'm getting at.

Some people are claiming to have seen bolts, however I haven't seen a single one since they were apparently removed. :/

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Well I am DEEPLY offended that as of patch 1.06 lightning bolts STILL are not back in the game.

I hate that I bought the disc retail, ON the f*cking disc is the lightning bolt awesome effect, and these cocksuckers decide to randomly remove it without even having the decency to tell us they removed a feature. BULLSH*T!

I took this video myself tonight because I was so heated about it still being missing. All you have to do to replicate this is if you're on Xbox 360, delete the Title Update for GTA V and you go back to no patch. This brings back the lightning bolts. Sorry for the piss poor quality. Between recording on a Galaxy Note 2 and playing on a crappy TN panel LCD, the quality is far from perfect. But man, when those lightning bolts strike, it is purdy.

Anyways, I posted this in the video description, but I'll repost it here for discussion:

My thoughts on why they removed the effect? To have something to create leverage for the eventual PC and next gen release of GTA V in 2014. They're going to strip this effect from GTA V on current gen consoles, and copy paste it into their "HD" version of the game to make it look better than it does on current gen. The problem is, current gen already HAD this effect, and they took it away from us in a VERY shady manner.

If this turns out to be true, and Rockstar really did strip it from the current gen copies only to put it back in for the HD rerelease, I will have lost a great deal of faith in them as game developers with the players interest in heart. The moves they're already making with the sh*tty Max Payne 3 and now GTA Online DLC proves this is the road they have chosen to go down, and I am not happy with them for it.

Time will tell if my prediction here is correct, but take screenshots and mark my words, because my gut instinct is telling me these guys are dicking us over and thinking we won't notice.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Grand Cannon, 21 November 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Lightning strikes are still seen and occur in game. Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

• CanOdope likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

Lightning strikes are still seen and occur in game. Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Watch my video I just posted. You will find out that what it shows, is no longer in the game if you have any patch installed.

The "flash" effect is still there, but that's it. No more atmospherics. No more bolt streaking down from the sky. No more clouds lighting up. No more volumetric light rays coming from the bolt.

It's been nerfed into the ground, and I bet it's been done intentionally to make the HD re-release look that much better compared to it's unfairly-stripped-down current gen release.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Maybe you're just a frikkin' loon who is imagining stuff. Or maybe you think because you saw flashes in the sky, that means there was a bolt when there wasn't because bolts are gone!

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

You can still get it with the weather cheat.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

No, you can't actually. The effect of the lightning bolts has been completely watered down ever since the first patch. It now is only a flash of light, nothing more. It USED to be an incredible effect with a visual bolt of lightning, accompanied with clouds flashing up near the strike, and even god rays similar to the sun's effect. There's no excuse for what they did, other than to take it out of current gen and hold it hostage for an HD re-release of GTA V on next gen consoles and PC. Watch them do this, I swear if they do this I will probably just pirate every Rockstar game from here on out because it's bad enough they're not releasing RDR or GTA V on PC right now, but then to do something like this? F*ck that, done supporting them if they're going to go full on greed mode like this.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

No, you can't actually. The effect of the lightning bolts has been completely watered down ever since the first patch. It now is only a flash of light, nothing more. It USED to be an incredible effect with a visual bolt of lightning, accompanied with clouds flashing up near the strike, and even god rays similar to the sun's effect. There's no excuse for what they did, other than to take it out of current gen and hold it hostage for an HD re-release of GTA V on next gen consoles and PC. Watch them do this, I swear if they do this I will probably just pirate every Rockstar game from here on out because it's bad enough they're not releasing RDR or GTA V on PC right now, but then to do something like this? F*ck that, done supporting them if they're going to go full on greed mode like this.

Oh.. okay.

Can someone explain this logic to me?

They remove awesome, good-looking weather effects (which cause nearly no performance drops) yet they dont bother to fix glitches like the LSC one for 6 patches in a row... ouch.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I've added DaRkL3AD3R's video to the OP and bumped this.

• adger1971 likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Maybe you're just a frikkin' loon who is imagining stuff. Or maybe you think because you saw flashes in the sky, that means there was a bolt when there wasn't because bolts are gone!

You guys are hilarious...

I grew up in the Midwest, I know what lighting looks like.

Here's a couple tidbits of info for you, in case you were unaware:
1)GTA V takes place in San Andreas
2)San Andreas is a digital representation of SoCal, mainly, the LA area
3)Although it storms somewhat regularly in SoCal, serious thunderstorms are quite rare.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with children about what I saw, and I'm not the only one who has seen it, so I'll leave you with that.

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was in storm Earlier

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

You guys are hilarious...

I grew up in the Midwest, I know what lighting looks like.

Here's a couple tidbits of info for you, in case you were unaware:
1)GTA V takes place in San Andreas
2)San Andreas is a digital representation of SoCal, mainly, the LA area
3)Although it storms somewhat regularly in SoCal, serious thunderstorms are quite rare.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with children about what I saw, and I'm not the only one who has seen it, so I'll leave you with that.

You're clearly not mature yourself since you still think calling others "children" is a proper insult.

adger1971
  • adger1971

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by adger1971, 28 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Its really Strange how some people claim (rightly or wrongly) that their still seeing lightning BOLTS,when many people are confirming that the bolts have gone and only the thing you see are the lightning effects (sky brightning up) flashes in the distance ...etc,Rockstar really need to sort this sh*t out if they,ve removed the bolts for whatever reason

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Its really Strange how some people claim (rightly or wrongly) that their still seeing lightning BOLTS,when many people are confirming that the bolts have gone and only the thing you see are the lightning effects (sky brightning up) flashes in the distance ...etc,Rockstar really need to sort this sh*t out if they,ve removed the bolts for whatever reason

Here's the thing.

I made that video above the other day because I KNOW the lightning bolts were removed. There is NO mistaking it. You delete the patch, the bolts appear every single time on that mission like clockwork. You install the patch, they are 100% gone, absent, stripped and taken from the game.

The fact that there are people insisting that they still see the BOLTS when fact they are no longer there, says a lot about people's intelligence and perception/awareness.

The bolts are gone people. The stupid weak screen flash is still there. No one cares about this, we want back the amazing looking effect of the physical lightning bolt cracking through the sky off in the distance.

• adger1971 likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Here's the thing.

I made that video above the other day because I KNOW the lightning bolts were removed. There is NO mistaking it. You delete the patch, the bolts appear every single time on that mission like clockwork. You install the patch, they are 100% gone, absent, stripped and taken from the game.

The fact that there are people insisting that they still see the BOLTS when fact they are no longer there, says a lot about people's intelligence and perception/awareness.

The bolts are gone people. The stupid weak screen flash is still there. No one cares about this, we want back the amazing looking effect of the physical lightning bolt cracking through the sky off in the distance.

I believe this was the only game with a completely dynamic lighting bolt effect, I think L4D2's bolts were scripted and they wouldn't light through the translucent clouds.

If what you say about R* holding hostage the current gen version is true, then I truly believe Rockstar to have gone completely to the sh*tter, and it will soon be gone from people's top 10 list of developers.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I highly doubt they were removed intentionally, they probably changed something that had an unintentional side affect that caused the bolts not to appear. Programming works like that sometimes.

But yeah, they really need to come back.

• Lucchese and adger1971 like this

adger1971
  • adger1971

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by adger1971, 30 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.

I sent a ticket to Rockstar 2 days ago explaining the problem,i told them exactly whats been posted above.....This is what was posted back " Hello There,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We deeply apologize that you've encountered an issue with GTA V.

If you are having any issues with GTA V in-game, first please let us know...

-Is your console playing GTA V connected to the Internet?
-What version of GTA V were you on when you created the save? What date was this created?
-What version of GTA V were you on when this issue happened? What was the date when this issue first occurred?
-What version of GTA V do you currently have? Have there been any changes if the issue happened in a previous Title Update?

Also please provide the following information if your Social Club account issue is not resolved or if you are having issues in-game for GTA V:

Summary:

-Console/Platform:
-RGSC Name:
-PSN/360 Name:
-Crew Name:
-Screenshots of any error:
-(If a Story mode issue) Was your Save created before or after the first Title Update, announced on October 1st?

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - Launch Game
2 - From Main Menu
3 - 
4 - 
5 - 

Detailed Description of the Issue:

Again, if possible, please provide video and/or screenshots. Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a look into the issue and get back with you.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Cheers,

Ashley L " so fair credit to them for replying,please please keep sending Tickets in and lets get the Lightning bolts back :colgate:       Sorry its dark i just copied and pasted from my response off Rockstar              

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Dude f*ck all this next gen xbone ps4 bullsh*t. f*ck consoles in general. This is why PC mods exist, so that serious talented gamers can release awesome mods to the public for free to improve the game unlike these greedy bastards at the development companies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users