» «

Racing money capped after 1.06 update?

156 replies to this topic
  • frikkingsweet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Since the update i am not making a single cent in races.... seriously even when i am not alone and i win i dont make ANY money from races.

• B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

Cash payouts are pretty low, but as long as it clears the air of farmers im happy as pig in sh*t.

I'd rather deal with the old problems than have racing nerfed to hell. This seriously screwed people over:

-Legit players that raced other tracks and didn't play CR and DTD over and over again got screwed over due to all of the race payouts taking a hit.

-The new payout system results in glitchers screwing over legit players. How you ask? The average times. Glitchers with driving skills that have the best cars fully modded out will push down the average time to complete a track further nerfing the payouts.

-The average time influence is even more sinister when you look at it long term. When you think about it, payouts are likely at or near a high for most tracks outside of CR and DTD because they weren't played as much. As more people flock to the other tracks and get used to them, the average time to complete will go down further, as will the payouts. This will continue to happen over and over again whether through R* tracks or when player created tracks are released.

I'm level 123 and at this point have all the guns and all the modded out cars I need to the point where I can race for fun. But people that are low level/at a point where they don't have what they want are screwed. Worse yet, this just continues the trend of screwing legit players while glitchers can sit back and laugh (now with the added bonus of being able actively screw over legit players due to a Rockstar implemented patch).

• AGNT009

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well that does it for me. All I did was race and win cleanly to earn my 10 car garage and Carbonizzare, Gauntlet, Dominator, Blitza, Bati, and Akuma fully loaded. So my reward for resisting the urge to glitch is making pennies a lap for winning? F*** that! I like GTA racing for its traffic races where no two laps are the same. Im good at it and can win and pull away from the pack cleanly. I was looking forward to race track building, and was working on a course for a Dukes of Hazard lap race with mandatory jumps starting at the Hen House. But now Im seriously considering selling this game. I'll wait for a few more updates to see how things settle out. If it doesnt improve, I'll sell it off. Singleplayer story was nice but I have no desire to play it again. Bought the game over other games I wanted for the online that I thought would keep me happy 6+ months even with no friends that play it. But now all incentive to race for my Entity and classic sports car is gone. Races will be even dirtier now with either guys not caring or wrecking you more for the 1st place peanuts payout.

• silentunion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

Dynamic tuning can go either way. They upped the payouts on deathmatches. They also upped the the payouts for store robberies and, I've also noticed, for armoured trucks.

Armored trucks have not changed. Had the armored truck glitch occur in the session and we had about 16 spawn in total. The highest I'd ever seen prior to today was $15,000. None of the 16 anyone in my session cleared paid more than that. I figure with 16, if they changed the payout, we'd have seen it at least once.

We had a glitch too. Some were giving us over $20K.

• MVP2585

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

I really dislike the lowered rewards for winning races.  Before the patch I was making most of my money racing, now it is not even worth it.  Also forget about doing a gta style race...you spend any money you might win on ammo.

• therealBOZEEL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by therealBOZEEL, 22 November 2013 - 01:02 AM.

let's be honest, the only reason R* did this was to make people have to buy shark cards to be able to play. $13600 for 1st place isnt unreasonable for a 16 player custom vehicle race where 3-5 people are 20-50 ranks higher than i am, in fact i think it is pretty fair compensation. all this patch did was punish the people who play and earn legitimately. now every race is join is 3-5 laps, and by lap 2 whoever is in last place has quit or is driving backward crashing everyone because they know they wont win. at least before you got a good amount of RP for finishing the race, that was incentive enough to complete it even though you couldnt win. i understand the gripe that people were just grinding on the same few maps and getting a lot of $$ and RP for minimal work, but that was a product of people trying to catch up to be competitive with the scammers. there were plenty of things R* could have done to even things out instead of just chopping the payout down to minimum wage levels. it's just sad because the only thing i really enjoyed was racing because it was one of the few things in this game that require actual skill and not only that, for someone like me who likes buying/modding cars it was the best way to make that happen. now i have to do 10 races just to afford a silencer for my gun. i wish it wasnt as simple as R* being money hungry and wanting to force people to buy shark cards, but it is.

just got on xboxlive if anyone wants to race and earn peanuts for it

add me: therealBOZEEL

• KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by KimberJane, 22 November 2013 - 02:06 AM.

What I loved in this game was I made a playlist with 11 varied land races and competed against my boss at work and then any randoms that wanted to join (via auto invite), would do this a few times a day because we love racing and it was good banter, I would usually make around 35k on average per playlist which is a nice amount, it's not a huge amount by any means. 

But now I'm lucky if I make 10-15k (again a nice amount I guess), but when you factor in how much things cost in game - for example car mods etc it just seems hard to make money nowadays. If you do some of the higher paying missions all the ammo costs money, it's getting tougher to survive in this game if you play it honestly. I'm lucky that I still have around $1.3m but 500k of that is from the stimulus and another 500k is from a cashcard I decided to buy.

I just hope that in the next patch that the payouts are increased a little bit - although would be fine with me if down the drain and criminal records had more money removed lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users