» «
Photo

R* could easily remove all not-legit vehicles from all garages - if th

26 replies to this topic
fareka
  • fareka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:39 AM Edited by fareka, 19 November 2013 - 09:41 AM.

If they really wanted it...

As they don't even need a patch for that, they could do it anytime they want - even on a regular base.

The same is most probably true for the glitches. I'm quite sure that they could come up with a server-side solution to at least make these glitches harder to exploit.

The fact that this is not happening should tell you everything you need to know.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Fareka - master programmer

• kushnstien and fareka like this

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Isnt part of the way this is possible, by changing the tags on the vehicles to match up with ones that are allowed online?

Which if thats how its being done by the modded consoles, then no, they couldnt just shut it down easily. As on the server storage end, the glitched vehicles just show up as regular vehicles?

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Ha, nope.

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yes, very simple. Just like the 48 minute timer on LSCustoms, worked to perfection. Everything and anything to do with the xbox games store is f*cked. R* got way too greedy and completely screwed the game dynamic

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

all they had to do was make the game check the garage whenever you enter or leave, anything with tag other than the normal things you can save would instantly be removed

• MikeNielson616 likes this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:47 AM Edited by 2mlg4u, 19 November 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Yes, very simple. Just like the 48 minute timer on LSCustoms, worked to perfection. Everything and anything to do with the xbox games store is f*cked. R* got way too greedy and completely screwed the game dynamic

Oh yes very simple

We're going to sit here and go look through the millions of people who have purchased this game and look through there garage to see if they have a vehicle that they're not supposed to have!

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Oh yes very simple

We're going to sit here and go look through the millions of people who have purchased this game and look through there garage to see if they have a vehicle that they're not supposed to have!

or you know, create a patch that gives every vehicle a special tag, and if the vehicle such as a tank is in a garage, it'd be removed by the game

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Oh yes very simple

or you know, create a patch that gives every vehicle a special tag, and if the vehicle such as a tank is in a garage, it'd be removed by the game

I've only heard of this mechanic via LUA scripting.

Don't think GTA uses LUA, infact i don't even think its LUA.

polandownsjr
  • polandownsjr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

If it takes one second to sort through each car in GTAO, the last tank should be deleted around christmas 2014

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

If it takes one second to sort through each car in GTAO, the last tank should be deleted around christmas 2014

Don't think that is even going to work, If people's car gets removed they will just put it back in again. So basically it would never end.

SynchronousSnake
  • SynchronousSnake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by SynchronousSnake, 19 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Actually I don't they can't do this let alone see whats in your garage because when you glitch vechiles into your garage and then subsitute insurance on them the server reports them as the vechile you used to do the insurance glitch with not the gliched car its self..

You can check this via the Lsc app via the ifruit app.. Every vechile I have glitched in is reported as the the cars I used to put insurance on them.. Not the ones now sitting in there ATM.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

They spent 5 patches fixing cloud saving issues, and the game still seems to have some problems.

They spent a patch fixing mission replay, and people found a workaround in an hour. Then they fixed the workaround in another patch and people found another workaround in a day.

They spent a patch fixing the LSC glitch and vehicle duping, and people found a workaround in about 20 minutes.

After all that I'm kinda doubting their ability to fix glitches swiftly and effectively.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

It all boils down to code.  Every single item in the game has a unique code.

They would need to add in a sniffer, that scours online, and each time someone gets in their glitched/hacked vehicle in their garage, the sniffer picks up that particular line of code that the game engine is going to render in the world of GTAO from your garage, and simply remove it.

For example, the tow truck might have a code signature of ABC123, and the sniffer just needs to wait for the game to request rendering for ABC123 from a garage, and the sniffer will recognize it, and remove it from the world.

fareka
  • fareka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by fareka, 19 November 2013 - 10:45 AM.

It all boils down to code.  Every single item in the game has a unique code.

They would need to add in a sniffer, that scours online, and each time someone gets in their glitched/hacked vehicle in their garage, the sniffer picks up that particular line of code that the game engine is going to render in the world of GTAO from your garage, and simply remove it.

For example, the tow truck might have a code signature of ABC123, and the sniffer just needs to wait for the game to request rendering for ABC123 from a garage, and the sniffer will recognize it, and remove it from the world.

That's exactly the point (check the vehicle code, not what the game thinks it is).

There are no scalalability issues here, either and it doesn't have to do anyting with any files on your console. Just have a trigger when a game state is saved to check the garage. It doesn't matter how often you insure a vehicle with the glitches. When it gets saved, it will be removed.

Of course this would not eliminate all no-legit vehicles but by making it harder for them to aquire a vehicle most of the glitchers would stop.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

they did it lol

• JerridPrime likes this

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Uhm... guys... they did it. Non-legit vehicles are toast.

tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

There's a way to keep glitched vehicles, so basically the 'fix' is ineffective and has a workaround. Man, if only some kinda of clairvoyant super-genius could've predicted this....

They definitely tried to press the "NO-FUN" button though.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

There's a way to keep glitched vehicles, so basically the 'fix' is ineffective and has a workaround. Man, if only some kinda of clairvoyant super-genius could've predicted this....

Oh, sure. So you're never going to go into your garage again? Cool.

Oh, but the best part? That R* is on to you. They're going to do it. You've been targeted.

tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Oh, but the best part? That R* is on to you. They're going to do it. You've been targeted.

I was already set on never going into my 2nd character's garage again. Cargobobs do not play nice when caged, and it was my 2nd character who had most of my glitched vehicles. The only glitched vehicle I have on my main character is the RiotVan and well I use my mechanic 10x more often than I use my garage so I can definitely accept never using my garage. (Additionally I've not used most of the vehicles I've glitched in, I just liked the idea of having them).

And sure Rockstar probably will fix things completely at some stage, but they don't exactly have the fastest response time right now.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

I was already set on never going into my 2nd character's garage again. Cargobobs do not play nice when caged, and it was my 2nd character who had most of my glitched vehicles. The only glitched vehicle I have on my main character is the RiotVan and well I use my mechanic 10x more often than I use my garage so I can definitely accept never using my garage. (Additionally I've not used most of the vehicles I've glitched in, I just liked the idea of having them).

And sure Rockstar probably will fix things completely at some stage, but they don't exactly have the fastest response time right now.

It must be super fun to have cars and a garage that you're literally scared of using, amirite guys?

And I'm in this for the long haul, I've waited this long for justice, I can wait a little longer. ;)

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Honestly I was hoping to store a Riot Van because they're a fun vehicle and I have a Sheriff SUV because you can hang off the sides...

If I can't keep those and the trade-off is no personal jets, tanks, etc, I can deal with that. That sh*t is kind of game breaking.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Like for Michelangelo!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's simple to figure out who has duped/glitched cars. You add the current players at this EXACT moment, then you start using a search script to separate legit players from glitchers/dupers. Then, any data about duped/glitched vehicles will be penalized while legit players are fine. It's extremely simple.

MikeNielson616
  • MikeNielson616

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Oh yes very simple

Bang, you are wrong buddy, say bye bye to your glitched vehicles :-)

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:42 PM Edited by theguy01, 19 November 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Somehow multi post. 

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by theguy01, 19 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

It's simple to figure out who has duped/glitched cars. You add the current players at this EXACT moment, then you start using a search script to separate legit players from glitchers/dupers. Then, any data about duped/glitched vehicles will be penalized while legit players are fine. It's extremely simple.

Its not that simple, your just implying that Rockstar had logged everyone that did the dupe. While its most likely they did not, you cant always prepare properly for the unknown. 

Trust me, cars do not have a unique ID. The number would become so high it isnt smart to do that since it has no function besides catching dupers in a way (Not easy to even with it).

Oh yes very simple

We're going to sit here and go look through the millions of people who have purchased this game and look through there garage to see if they have a vehicle that they're not supposed to have!

You probably never coded did you? Because your talking total bullcrap. Its called a 'int', welcome to programming.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

you think its easy...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users