Quantcast

» «
Photo

So, in your opinion, did multiple protagonists pay off?

64 replies to this topic
killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

It paid off, in my opinion.

Before R* announced it, I thought it would be ridiculous.

When they announced it and explained how it worked, I thought it could be interesting, but still wasn't too sure about it.

Now, after owning the game I think it would be hard, but not impossible, to go back to just one character. Each character brings a different feel to the world, even while freeroaming, and for me it extends the life of this game.

If R* does continue with multiple protagonists, I would like them to still do something unique with it. maybe have two protagonists that never cross paths until the final mission, and then you get to choose who dies or who gets money, or something like that.  

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I was sceptical when it was announced, but I think they pulled it off really well. Kudos to whoever at R* made the call on it, because I think they must have been aware at the time it was a bit of a gamble.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I was sceptical when it was announced, but I think they pulled it off really well. Kudos to whoever at R* made the call on it, because I think they must have been aware at the time it was a bit of a gamble.

Great Comment bro.Plus it the first time in an openworld game you can play with 3 different Protagonists.with this 3 Protags System there is alot of Possibilites and Potentials,they could have different locations in one game with 3 different storylines with this element.It ambitious and also innovative and it sure will be a trend and this would be added to the "GTA Clones" List so in case an Openworld game does it,that because GTA did it first.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by JustRob, 05 January 2014 - 01:16 AM.

I think it was a great idea, partly because everyone will have at least one protagonist that appeals to them, even if the others don't.

But, like stated before, in missions where two or more protagonists have a role, I want to be able to switch whenever I want, not only when the game allows or forces me to.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

It's different from what i expected, i didn't liked the idea at  first, but i got to like it eventually. 

I think it's a good idea, it payed off. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users