Photo

What Happened To The Heavy Metal?

71 replies to this topic
iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

does that really make a difference? you're still a close minded prick who is insulting a genre of music simply because you dont like it. your opinion on a certain genre doesnt dictate anything other than what YOU think.

...no sh*t? That's why its MY OPINION, moron.

wonderful collection of artists there. now i know why you bash metal, its because anything higher than 4/4 seems to confuse your small brain. it's okay, you're not the only person out there who can't compute double digit time signature changes :)

More outstanding logic. I don't like the music you do, I must have a small brain. And people keep calling ME an elitist. What a crazy world.

By the way, all those bands I listed sound way better than an idiot screaming into a microphone. Anyone can hold a microphone and scream words into it, not too many people can sing like Skye Edwards (lead singer of Morcheeba).

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

rody walker, lead man from protest the hero has a muuuuch wider vocal range than that sh*thead you just listed. and yes, they are a prog metal band. see, thats one thing that shows how close minded you are when it comes to music. you assume that because its metal, they have a screaming vocalist. not the case with all metal bands.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

and yeah, you talk about outstanding logic. your saying metal vocals sounds like sh*t. you are on a thread full people who listen to metal, trying to convince them it sounds like sh*t, because YOU dont like it. exactly how far did you plan on getting with that brilliant plan? its one thing you state your opinion, no you havent done that. you come in here saying it all sounds like sh*t. human ignorance at its best..................

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by Militia, 23 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

He's a dipsh*t dude, just drop it.

Thrash Metal - Clean Vocals, sometimes growls if it's a Death/Thrash hybrid.

Death Metal - Has growls.

Power Metal - Clean vocals

Heavy Metal - Clean vocals

Viking/Folk/Pagan Metal - Cleans, Blackened Harsh and Death Growls - Each band is different in this genre

Doom Metal - Cleans or growls.  Growls usually when it's a Doom/Death hybrid.

Black Metal - ALWAYS harsh vocals.

Progressive Metal - Cleans or Harsh, depends on the band at hand.

Deathcore and Metalcore to me, are not metal, so I will leave them out of this.  I AM an elitist, here my thunder, or so I been called this on my metal blog numerous times, but I sleep just fine at night, idc what anybody has to say when it comes to knowledge of music, metal in particular.

My Metal Music Blog - http://www.realmofmetal.org

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

rody walker, lead man from protest the hero has a muuuuch wider vocal range than that sh*thead you just listed. and yes, they are a prog metal band. see, thats one thing that shows how close minded you are when it comes to music. you assume that because its metal, they have a screaming vocalist. not the case with all metal bands.

In that he only sings metal? Yeah, real wide range there. Plus, I'm guessing you've never heard a Morcheeba song ever, so you're also a hypocrite for assuming that because its NOT metal, the singer must not have as much range as that guy that gives you a hard on (and for calling me close minded right after telling me a singer you know is better than one you don't).

And you're an idiot, I'm not trying to convince anyone to NOT listen to metal anymore, I'm just saying what I think about it. If I say it sucks, that doesn't mean its a fact. When someone says something as subjective as a genre of music sucks, its clearly implied its that person's opinion by virtue of the fact that THEY said it. I don't have to say "in my opinion" first.

And guy above me, f*ck off. No one is impressed with you repeatedly saying "yeah, I AM an elitist, what of it, bitch?!"

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

In that he only sings metal? Yeah, real wide range there. Plus, I'm guessing you've never heard a Morcheeba song ever, so you're also a hypocrite for assuming that because its NOT metal, the singer must not have as much range as that guy that gives you a hard on (and for calling me close minded right after telling me a singer you know is better than one you don't).

And you're an idiot, I'm not trying to convince anyone to NOT listen to metal anymore, I'm just saying what I think about it. If I say it sucks, that doesn't mean its a fact. When someone says something as subjective as a genre of music sucks, its clearly implied its that person's opinion by virtue of the fact that THEY said it. I don't have to say "in my opinion" first.

And guy above me, f*ck off. No one is impressed with you repeatedly saying "yeah, I AM an elitist, what of it, bitch?!"

I am not trying to impress, I am a metalhead, not a preppy dipsh*t lol.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

And I'm a "preppy dipsh*t" then? In what regard, precisely? My taste in music? Someone here doesn't know what the word "preppy" means (hint: its you).

Also, describing yourself as a "head" of any kind is so f*cking lame. You're like those douchebags that refer to themselves as "film buffs".

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

And I'm a "preppy dipsh*t" then? In what regard, precisely? My taste in music? Someone here doesn't know what the word "preppy" means (hint: its you).

Also, describing yourself as a "head" of any kind is so f*cking lame. You're like those douchebags that refer to themselves as "film buffs".

Lol, your nonsense is never ending.  Wouldn't expect anything different from a little boy still going through puberty.  Last time I reply here.  You're a waste of time.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by iProinsias, 24 November 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Lol, your nonsense is never ending.  Wouldn't expect anything different from a little boy still going through puberty.  Last time I reply here.  You're a waste of time.

Awesome, triple internet cop outs. The fake "lol, I'm laughing at how stupid you are to make me seem non-chalant" coupled with the "you must be young, and therefore I'm better/smarter than you" and the "you're a waste of my time despite the fact I just spent days arguing with you". Pathetic. If you can't make a legitimate rebuttle, just don't argue, its as easy as that.

Also, if I hadn't finished puberty yet, how did I cum on your mom's face last night?

See, THAT'S how you respond immaturely. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 24 November 2013 - 12:32 AM.

The problem with Los Santos Rock Radio is that there's too much soft rock. They got it right with songs like "Photograph", "Lonely is the Night" and "Dirty White Boy", but there should have probably been more hard rock/metal with the soft rock/power pop being on a separate station, or Los Santos RR probably could have been separated into two playlists with both being different rock styles. EFLC's version of Liberty Rock Radio got it right for the most part.

What pisses me off is they didn't bother licensing some Nirvana, Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix or Metallica to be on the soundtrack, yet they took the time to put in some sh*tty arse Britney Spears and Rihanna pop garbage that doesn't even fit the LS atmosphere.

If I were in charge, I would have had Los Santos Rock Radio with more hard rock/metal with a separate soft rock playlist for a different in-game time, and have kept all the sh*te modern pop off Non Stop Pop FM and kept it as a primarly 80s/90s pop and house station. That's just my opinion.

PlanetaryUnfolding
  • PlanetaryUnfolding

atlas novus

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

for someone who talks about reading comprehension alot, you didn't seem to understand what "wider vocal range" means. obviously, by using "wider" in the context i used it, that means yes, i took the liberty of checking out the vocalist skye edwards you mentioned above. no i wasn't saying just because rody walker sings in a prog metal band, that makes his vocals wider ranged. but that his vocal usage is well, wider ranged. i really don't know how to simplify that enough for you. 

and as for you saying you only came in here to state your opinion that metal sucks. thats fine or whatever, but my thing is, what did you gain in doing so? you just came in a metal related thread to state you think its sh*t. for what, im guessing attention? i mean, when it really comes down to it, everyone is going to have different tastes in virtually everything. i just don't see the point in expressing your extreme dislike towards something unless it personally affects your everyday life in a negative way. 

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by iProinsias, 24 November 2013 - 01:02 AM.

for someone who talks about reading comprehension alot, you didn't seem to understand what "wider vocal range" means. obviously, by using "wider" in the context i used it, that means yes, i took the liberty of checking out the vocalist skye edwards you mentioned above. no i wasn't saying just because rody walker sings in a prog metal band, that makes his vocals wider ranged. but that his vocal usage is well, wider ranged. i really don't know how to simplify that enough for you.

and as for you saying you only came in here to state your opinion that metal sucks. thats fine or whatever, but my thing is, what did you gain in doing so? you just came in a metal related thread to state you think its sh*t. for what, im guessing attention? i mean, when it really comes down to it, everyone is going to have different tastes in virtually everything. i just don't see the point in expressing your extreme dislike towards something unless it personally affects your everyday life in a negative way. 

...you're not simplifying it, you're just restating it. Are you dense?

As for the second part, my original post was simplistic and not at all filled with "hate", I just said what I thought of those genres. The rest of my posts were just responses to people attacking someone who doesn't like the same music they do. And yeah, clearly, I did it for attention. Because obviously stating I don't like metal on a fairly unpopulated (compared to plenty of other forums) MSB is going to garner me national celebrity. You're not that bright, are you?

By the way, don't talk to me of reading comprehension when you can't grasp even the simplest of english mechanics. And don't give me the tired excuse of "I can't be bothered". Typing with proper mechanics literally takes no more effort than typing like a second grade student.

"i just don't see the point in expressing your extreme dislike towards something unless it personally affects your everyday life in a negative way."

Then why are you expressing your extreme dislike towards my opinion of a genre of music you love? Is it "affecting your everyday life"? Or are you just a hypocrite?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users