Quantcast

» «
Photo

what's your fast legit way to make money?

32 replies to this topic
daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

this will be long.  there, I said it myself.  you can either read it, or you can't; but either way, nobody here cares.  tl:dr is just more cliché troll speak.  either you have input or you don't.  this thread is also not here to worry about glitchers.  they aren't our concern here.  they can't ruin your game if you're on even ground through hard work.  other than that, thanks for reading.  hope it helps.

I've been on these forums for about two weeks now.  mostly trolling people who cry about how others play the game they paid for... 

during that time, it seems the most common theme is dealing with how not only tank and choppers glitches are ruining the game, but also money.

I don't understand how the money is really ruining the game, and here's why:  in a month it really won't matter that much.  and if you've been grinding since day one, it probably doesn't matter to you now.

money is easy to come by.  I've started this little thread to throw out a few ideas to those who are having a hard time coming across the money they'd like to be making (keep in mind, it's not glitching speed, but you can steadily make about 100k/h.  money really shouldn't be an issue for you in this game.

before I give some actual ways to make good money, i'd like to just throw out a couple words of advice if you want to make money. 

1.  play solo.  not because you get more money, but because you'd be amazed how much time you spend just on "awareness" when you're playing in a free roam.  you can probably be about 20% more efficient (or better) in your grind just because you don't have to look at your map or go hide just in case

2.don't wait for them to call you, call them or use the jobs tab in the start menu.  if you're in the grind for money, you should always be doing something that will be making you money. 

3.  know when spending money is making money.  I have the sandking for my off road adventures.  I could have left the city and taking about 20 minutes to wait for it to spawn if it's not on that cycle yet (sometimes that Karin is all you can find), then another 3,500 putting insurance on it.  or, I can spend the 30k (or 45, it's been a while since I bought a car) and it comes insured and I am free to spend those 20 minutes making more money.

it pretty much evens out, could go either way depending on the missions being run, but requires zero effort on my part.

4.  get a bike, not a helicopter.  mostly a preference.  but they're cheap, fast, quick off the line and can out handle any car in the game.  you can also offroad like this game is trials, traversing much of the city via rooftop when you're decent at it.  the faster you can get to missions, the better.  helicopters never need to be purchased.  when you call the merryweather helicopter pick up, just shoot the pilot.  $1000, just like you still have to pay when you buy your own, but it's f*ckin delivered!  hell yeah.  if your panties are in a bunch and you need a buzzard, they're all over the map pretty early on.

5.  learn as much of the map as you can, especially routes from high paying mission providers like martin to their missions.  if you memorize those routes, you can be on your way back to the delivery while losing the cops.

so...  here are the few actual quick ways to make money, even early on.

martin is your best friend.  the first mission you get from him is "out of court settlement".  shoot the lawyer, steal is car (passenger side, you're welcome) take it to your garage, go back grab the evidence and finish the mission.  sell the car for 22k, wash, rince repeat.  the mission itself pays out 4500 on repeat playthroughs and you can farm it pretty constantly til about level 70.

rooftop rumble is another favorite.  it gives a good chuck of rp, and pays 12500 on repeats.

race with friends.  i'm not saying you have to boost.  but setting up a race with a few of your friends can be fun and pay well.  set the races up for a 1 lap if you want to speed up the process.  yes, down the drain and criminal records are fastest, but they're also incredibly boring races.  at least do yourself the favor and race different races.  you're missing out if you don't.

get the armored truck whenever you see it, don't go after the car thefts.  the armored truck is easy cash in 20 seconds.  follow quietly til you get to a red light.  plant a sticky on the doors, blow them off when the light is green and the truck is away from other vehicles (their explosions can blow up the truck and the money inside), grab the cash and call lester.  you can lose the cops, but why?  you could call lester and finish a mission in about the same time.

hope these help and I hope some of you can add your tips to the list and help others. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by blk95ta, 19 November 2013 - 02:47 AM.

set a timer for 48 mins on your smartphone (real one, not in game, although would be a nice app for the in game phone) after you sell a car to LSC so you know when to sell the next one. sell ballers, oracles, felons for $8k-$9500 (felon GT, felon 4dr is $9k)

criminal records/down the drain for racing 2 laps for each gives really good RP and money

if you're a level 36+ then the mission Coveted from the rockstar games menu can be played indefinitely for $12k . 

if you rob the convenience store up on the NE side of Los Santos, park your car behind the building next to it and go rob the store and then go back and get into your car. the cops don't see you back there.

• daalni likes this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Probably Criminal records. Depending on how many people are in the lobby, you can make from 2k to 7k within 2 mins. Beats the hell out of survival which takes about 20mins for 20k, along with the ammo tax that comes with it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

Down the Drain is a great way for money as well. 3 racers is all you really need.. and 1st place pumps out 13.6k and great RP as well.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 19 November 2013 - 02:51 AM.

I usually grab a Baller, take a car to Simeon if he asks, do Coveted, then rob a store. After that I'm usually set for a few days. Takes like 15--20 minutes total.

I don't do CR much, but today I did a round with some random and noticed that I didn't get the usual RP boost. ;/

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by whitebic, 19 November 2013 - 02:52 AM.

I usually grab a Baller, take a car to Simeon if he asks, do Coveted, then rob a store. After that I'm usually set for a few days. Takes like 15--20 minutes total.

I don't do CR much, but today I did a round with some random and noticed that I didn't get the usual RP boost. ;/

lap one slow

lap two faster then lap one

lap three as faster then both laps

=

win

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Nice, thanks for those tips!

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 19 November 2013 - 02:56 AM.

lap one slow

lap two faster then lap one

lap three as faster then both laps

=

win

Yeah I've farmed it before, but it didn't happen this time. Same thing happens with the armored trucks sometimes, where the RP just never gets added.

lokdogiv
  • lokdogiv

CREW:GTAPJT & GTAPJT RACING.PSN: LokDog_IV

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yea when I'm grinding for money I usualy like to be in an 'invite only session' or with a couple of mates,will go sell a baller when first log on,as stated above set a time for 48 minutes,in that time I'll grind missions,do race playlists (depnding on finishing position,can finish playlist with up to $30-35k,collect crates,gang attcks,occasionally I'll rob a shop,but theres not much in them,don't do much survivor anymore due to to much time for to little reward or if I get bored I will head to a public server & hunt bountys

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

3.  know when spending money is making money.  I have the sandking for my off road adventures.  I could have left the city and taking about 20 minutes to wait for it to spawn if it's not on that cycle yet (sometimes that Karin is all you can find), then another 3,500 putting insurance on it.  or, I can spend the 30k (or 45, it's been a while since I bought a car) and it comes insured and I am free to spend those 20 minutes making more money.
it pretty much evens out, could go either way depending on the missions being run, but requires zero effort on my part.

Can also pick up vehicles while you're grinding missions, most of the vehicles in my garage (Sandking XL, BF Injection, clean Rebel, rusted Rebel, Grainger, and one or two others) I spotted while I was in a mission. Threw the driver out, drove it to my garage, then finished the mission. Yes, it took time away from doing the mission but it was a minimal amount and I think this is a fair compromise between buying one and trying to find them in free mode.

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by daalni, 19 November 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Can also pick up vehicles while you're grinding missions, most of the vehicles in my garage (Sandking XL, BF Injection, clean Rebel, rusted Rebel, Grainger, and one or two others) I spotted while I was in a mission. Threw the driver out, drove it to my garage, then finished the mission. Yes, it took time away from doing the mission but it was a minimal amount and I think this is a fair compromise between buying one and trying to find them in free mode.

no doubt.  missions aer a great way to fill your garage with harder to find vehicles.  it's the only way to get trevors truck.  btw.  if you didn't know and want trevors truck.  go to jobs, dirt road, walk down the larger dirt road by where you spawn to the first bend and there it is.  (don't go to the mission across the street.  if you cross the street after the mission starts, you're on the wrong side of the road.)

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 19 November 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Quick join races/missions non-stop for as long as I can. No breaks.

I can rack up $250,000+ in one evening doing this.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Down the Drain is a great way for money as well. 3 racers is all you really need.. and 1st place pumps out 13.6k and great RP as well.

And this^^^

as long as repeating the same race over and over again doesn't make you want to gauge your eyes out.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Quick join races/missions non-stop for as long as I can. No breaks.

I can rack up $250,000+ in one evening doing this.

Haha oh man. I remember back when the adder glitch was still live and I'd be banking that amount every 45 seconds, incredible.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

I would enjoy playing Down the Drains and Criminal Record if it wasn't filled up with assholes who can't drive. Not to mention the bullsh*t teleport lag that'll place you from being in 1st place to 2nd-3rd place.

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Survivors. Mostly Processed and Boneyard. Races for a change of pace.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 04 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

1. Run and complete the 'Coveted' mission BY MYSELF(the entire mission usually only takes me about 15 minutes to complete, that's including killing 22-24 NPCs and delivering the crate)for $12k over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

2. Sell one of the 8 Ballers I have stored in my 10 car garage for $9k when I can in between missions - any and every chance I can(before and after work, in the middle of the night if I get up and go to the bathroom.....ANY and EVERY chance I can get to sell one) and when they do spawn, I don't hesitate to grab a few to resupply.

3. Collect and deliver high dollar requested vehicles for Simeon - $8k to 10k+

4. If I have time left over and a store is close enough......ROB THEM BLIND!

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

CASH CARDS

QUICK AND EASY

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

If you have Ron, Lester and Martin unlocked making money is a snap just doing missions. 20 minutes for 20k doing survival that you may not complete? No way...I can do two or three jobs in that time that are cake walks (Defender, Check out time, Trash talk...) and make 20k or better with decent rp. I don't understand how people can do the same two races all day or the same survival (dying and not completing). Then there is Coveted from the rockstar created missions (12k replayable) and if not that there are others that take mere minutes and pay at least 5k. Try some variety and enjoy the game. When the game becomes work it's no longer fun.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Alfa Romeo Fan

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by A Maned Wolf, 04 December 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Sell my copied personal vehicle after every mission.

@^ (Potshot is an insanely quick mission that pays 7k on normal and you only have to kill 3 people max)

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Missions and Survival, mostly, while selling an occasional Baller when I find one.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Coveted with 4 ppl, around 3 minutes per run + 1 minute loading

luisniko
  • luisniko

~Clean Racer~

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

I hardly have someone to play with and getting a good random people is just hard.

So I usually:

- Rob liquor stores

- Rob clothing stores

- Survival

- Selling cars regularly

:/ Hard life my character have. She'll soon be a house maid.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 04 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

CASH CARDS

QUICK AND EASY

WTF..... You can actually buy money with real money in this game?! If so, I bet that costs a ton...lol!

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Sell those Ballers and Felons, and get good at Survival alone. I just did  40 Waves in the Boneyard. 80k minus the entry fees, took me an hr and 15 minutes

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 04 December 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Selling cars at LSC

I get around 100-120k each.

Kano Giovanni
  • Kano Giovanni

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:46 PM Edited by Kano Giovanni, 04 December 2013 - 04:51 PM.

I can never find the Felons.... I'm just lucky that the Ballers spawn as often as they do, that's why I have to horde them every time they do spawn.

Selling cars at LSC

I get around 100-120k each.

....and you're full of s**t....lol!

Goldzero
  • Goldzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Parachuting. That's right, parachuting. All the jumps from +7000ft give 5-6k to winner. When you add betting wins to that, it's around 7k in a few minutes. It's the easiest game type in the game, yet most people suck at it. In fact, a lot of people still don't even know how to land.

Michael_Westin
  • Michael_Westin

OperatorStatus

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Going to LSC: sell car, press start, swap character, repeat.

Synophrys
  • Synophrys

Hothead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

1. Get random invite

2. Join lobby

3. get 10.8 billion in 10mins

4. ???

5. Profit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic