GTA: O Etiquette

13 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

What does everyone think about GTA: O etiquette for example lets say your playing in a session and armored trucks are  spawning left and right. everyone except you has got one. then one spans by you. Everyone in the session has a mic and can hear you when you say "I am going to get this armored truck" then someone else in the session attacks the truck just before you can. 

Do you think that there should be some "unwritten" rules on GTA: O etiquette?

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

no.

• DMC14 likes this

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by TexasToast712, 19 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

GTAO Etiquette rules.

1. Honking your horn is usually a sign of friendliness. Dont shoot first.

2. If someone approaches you with their weapons sheathed, they probably don't want to hurt you.

3. Don't get all pissy if you were killed for a bounty. Its just business. Move along, unless they continue to grief.

4. Assume ALL tanks, jets, and buzzards are hostile and out to get you. FIRE EVERYTHING!

Add to the op.
  • High King and (OO)SKYLINE(OO) like this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Sorry had to repost this , thought it was appropriate. Sorry for double post. http://gtaforums.com...entry1064104983

1. If someone pulls up in car next to you and honks their horn, this means that the person is attempting to tell you they have a terminal disease and wish to be euthanized. You should calmly walk up to their car before putting a bullet between their eyes. You get bonus points for driving off in their car afterwards because no-one likes waste and since the original owner wont be needing it any more, you might as well take it.
  2. Everybody playing the games besides you is either a massive fa**ot, a motherf*cker or c*nt. You have also had sex with the vast majority of other player’s mothers. Remember this advantage and use the information to pyshc out other players by frequently reminding them over the head set. This tactic also works with loudly played music and heavy breathing.
  3. Anyone entering a LSC is obviously doing so to make a bit of time to plan a trap. Get the jump on these sneaky players by ensuring you wait for them in car park outside and shoot them in the face the second they exit. The same goes with players inside apartments.
  4. When doing a co-operative mission always make sure to race as quickly as possible to the objective. If you should happen to die multiple times and the mission fails remember this is your team mates fault for taking so long to get to the object. Make sure you let them know this over the microphone.
  5. When doing a co-operate mission you should always ensure you are the one to be completing objectives. If there is a helicopter or plane only you are capable of being the pilot. If for some reason someone else manages to get control of one of the objectives you should immediately do everything in your power to get in under your control. Attempt to smash the required helicopter or plane out of the sky. While you cannot shoot team members during missions remember you can run them over. This can help should another team member pick up a package and prevent you from delivering. It is better to fail a mission than to let someone else get all the glory.
  6. Upon returning to free roam on completion of a mission you should kill shoot anyone you just completed the mission with immediately. This is a great way to earn extra cash and RP and is another way to show off how good a player you are.
  7. When hosting a job always sets it’s joining status to open even when you only wish to play with friends. Setting jobs to open makes them run a lot more smoothly and gives you better rewards for completion. As host you have the kick button and can just simply kick anyone who joins who is not your friend.  
  8. Crews are a great way of tracking down other players to kill. Make sure you join a crew and that way you can always select join crew members from the game menu to easily track down victims. The game helpfully highlights these potential victims with a coloured circle in your in game map.
  9. When modifying vehicles ensure that you only purchase the most expensive spoiler, horn, skirts and other body modifications. This is a great way to make your car unique and individual. Custom tyres on every car also make them go faster.
  10. If you see another player doing what you feel is wrong, you should punish them by spawn killing. You have awesome skills so will be able to do this until they rage quit and leave the server. An ideal session will have you doing this to all other players until you are alone. You can then spend the rest of the session repeatedly killing yourself as punishment for spawn killing.
  11. When racing always select either criminal records or down the drain. These are the two most fun and challenging tracks which is why they are always picked. You should only ever race super cars and leave immediately if the host changes class.  You should then also send them a message calling them a “fag””.
  12. A chrome adder is the best car in every circumstance. If there are more than  two people playing you’re better off killing anyone who won’t fit in the adder rather than taking a four door, such is the power of chrome.  

If any one has any more tips, please add them below. Appreciate any help you can give

• High King, God-eater, Plug In Baby81 and 1 other like this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

3. Don't get all pissy if you were killed for a bounty. Its just business. Move along, unless they continue to grief.

if they hang around i will try and kill em back but if they f*ck off i will forget about it. just me.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

You snooze, you lose.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Manners are for grandmas table.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Sorry had to repost this , thought it was appropriate. Sorry for double post. http://gtaforums.com...entry1064104983

1. If someone pulls up in car next to you and honks their horn, this means that the person is attempting to tell you they have a terminal disease and wish to be euthanized. You should calmly walk up to their car before putting a bullet between their eyes. You get bonus points for driving off in their car afterwards because no-one likes waste and since the original owner wont be needing it any more, you might as well take it.
  2. Everybody playing the games besides you is either a massive fa**ot, a motherf*cker or c*nt. You have also had sex with the vast majority of other player’s mothers. Remember this advantage and use the information to pyshc out other players by frequently reminding them over the head set. This tactic also works with loudly played music and heavy breathing.
  3. Anyone entering a LSC is obviously doing so to make a bit of time to plan a trap. Get the jump on these sneaky players by ensuring you wait for them in car park outside and shoot them in the face the second they exit. The same goes with players inside apartments.
  4. When doing a co-operative mission always make sure to race as quickly as possible to the objective. If you should happen to die multiple times and the mission fails remember this is your team mates fault for taking so long to get to the object. Make sure you let them know this over the microphone.
  5. When doing a co-operate mission you should always ensure you are the one to be completing objectives. If there is a helicopter or plane only you are capable of being the pilot. If for some reason someone else manages to get control of one of the objectives you should immediately do everything in your power to get in under your control. Attempt to smash the required helicopter or plane out of the sky. While you cannot shoot team members during missions remember you can run them over. This can help should another team member pick up a package and prevent you from delivering. It is better to fail a mission than to let someone else get all the glory.
  6. Upon returning to free roam on completion of a mission you should kill shoot anyone you just completed the mission with immediately. This is a great way to earn extra cash and RP and is another way to show off how good a player you are.
  7. When hosting a job always sets it’s joining status to open even when you only wish to play with friends. Setting jobs to open makes them run a lot more smoothly and gives you better rewards for completion. As host you have the kick button and can just simply kick anyone who joins who is not your friend.  
  8. Crews are a great way of tracking down other players to kill. Make sure you join a crew and that way you can always select join crew members from the game menu to easily track down victims. The game helpfully highlights these potential victims with a coloured circle in your in game map.
  9. When modifying vehicles ensure that you only purchase the most expensive spoiler, horn, skirts and other body modifications. This is a great way to make your car unique and individual. Custom tyres on every car also make them go faster.
  10. If you see another player doing what you feel is wrong, you should punish them by spawn killing. You have awesome skills so will be able to do this until they rage quit and leave the server. An ideal session will have you doing this to all other players until you are alone. You can then spend the rest of the session repeatedly killing yourself as punishment for spawn killing.
  11. When racing always select either criminal records or down the drain. These are the two most fun and challenging tracks which is why they are always picked. You should only ever race super cars and leave immediately if the host changes class.  You should then also send them a message calling them a “fag””.
  12. A chrome adder is the best car in every circumstance. If there are more than  two people playing you’re better off killing anyone who won’t fit in the adder rather than taking a four door, such is the power of chrome.  

If any one has any more tips, please add them below. Appreciate any help you can give

13. Take the time to go insure a random vehicle on the street and make someone blow it up

14. If you see a tank, kindly show him to the bad sport lobby by ramming your car into it

15. For every bullet another player fires, make sure to put 20 in his head.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by Areacode8O8, 19 November 2013 - 02:29 AM.

Don't kill someone you just did a mission with if you've spawned together

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

lol @ concept of 'ettiquette' in GTA:O. Jolly SWAGman summed it up perfectly. 

Playing jobs with friends - awesome, can't get enough. 

Playing jobs with randoms - not sure why I'm still bothering with this spawnkilling grind-fest. 

And as my friends all move over to PS4 and Xbox One, I'm going to find fewer and fewer reasons to visit Los Santos, and the reason is that the vast majority of players are reprehensible assholes. 

Yes, I mean you. And you. And you as well, don't think I don't see you back there. 

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

...unless they were totally f*cking useless or completely retarded during that mission.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

...unless they were totally f*cking useless or completely retarded during that mission.

i would've favourited that but im all out. but yeah i've done it to a dick that didn't leave the spawn spot. and then when we were out of range he commited suicide twice and used up our lives. jerk..

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

I hold my controller with my pinkies up...now that's classy...
As for etiquette..I do excuse myself when I blow up someone's PV...a little pardon-me..then Ka-boom.,

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

KILL...EVERYTHING...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users