Photo

Constant Freezing

24 replies to this topic
scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Lagful, 19 November 2013 - 03:04 AM.

My game is having trouble loading the map whenever I reach high speeds in a car and constantly freezes for a few seconds to compensate. It feels like it's gotten progressively worse and makes driving a pain in the ass.

Does this happen to anyone else and would there be a way of fixing this like downloading the disc to a flash drive? I was also thinking this problem might be related to hardware or poor connection.

Love how the random car purposely rams into me...

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Can't help you mate but have a bump up in case someone else can

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 19 November 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Happened to me tonight as well, and it usually runs pretty smooth for me. Pretty much every mission or race I did either froze or lagged so bad that it turned into a slideshow. Free roam had maybe half the textures loaded at any given point. Checked my connection, and it was fine. /shrug

On the plus side, every session I went to was full!

edit: Usually full sessions lag a little for me, but it was just too much this time. Probably just a temporary thing.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Probably they're adding some DLC source code in the cloud, related to beach bum, wild west and prison life dlcs

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Probably they're adding some DLC source code in the cloud, related to beach bum, wild west and prison life dlcs

I've had this problem for awhile, it's just gotten so bad now that I can't tolerate it anymore. 

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

My game is having trouble loading the map whenever I reach high speeds in a car and constantly freezes for a few seconds to compensate. It feels like it's gotten progressively worse and makes driving a pain in the ass.

Does this happen to anyone else and would there be a way of fixing this like downloading the disc to a flash drive? I was also thinking this problem might be related to hardware or poor connection.

were you on an Invite Only session?  I've noticed this has been happening a lot on those sessions lately

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

Im on xbox and remember reading in relation to single player that while the game could have issues if you installed the play disk on hard drive but loading speeds improve when installed on a flash drive . This was for single player though

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

were you on an Invite Only session?  I've noticed this has been happening a lot on those sessions lately

It happens to me no matter what session I'm in, but it's only when driving vehicles. I can also fly perfectly fine without any freezing. 

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Anyone else see the irony here? op's name and his problem? Troll?

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

it's probably me cruising in my tow truck lol

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Asking for help is considered trolling? Man I had the definition wrong all these years...

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

I think you have your tinfoil hat on a wee bit too tight.

DigitalEschaton
  • DigitalEschaton

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Yeah I can't drive my entity in the city without this happening it blows. I can't catch other super cars cuz my game freezes constantly. I purchased the digital version and wonder if that might be the problem.

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by Jyra, 19 November 2013 - 02:00 AM.

PS3 or Xbox?

Next question is how old.

My guess on what is happening is you have an old PS3 with a low capacity which old + low capacity drive = small platter size = poor READ performance compared to modern drives.

God only knows what Xbox put in theirs... but Xbox has had much more problems with texture popping which is directly related to the I/O of their sh*tty drives.  Older models... same can be said from above.

Solutions?

Xbox... install that sh*t on a quality USB drive... no not that peice of sh*t you got for free that does 2.5MB/s copy time...

PS3.. upgrade that bitch to a 7200rpm laptop hard drive of this era... If your a baller get a seagate Hybrid drive... or if your a chrome adder baller get a SSD.

Justify the hybrid or SSD by putting it in your PS4 someday.  I haven't seen data yet but one would image the PS4 would do AHCI (PS3's IDE mode makes SSDs very gimped)... possibly TRIM (I'm assuming later years they will come with SSDs in them both Xbox and PS4... when they do I'd imagine their OS would support TRIM.. in the mean time you won't wear out MLC flash in a PS4... f*ck I'm using one now to squid cache the internet through my freeBSD firewall oO

/no1 reads

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

It's an older model 360.. Are you recommending me install the full game or the play disc to an external drive?

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Jyra, 19 November 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Ya what could it hurt.  It's solved many people's issue with texture popping.

**edit

To clarify.. Xbox users shouldn't install both discs from what I've heard/read.  Only install the one disc and use the other as the HD-DVD.

A lot of xbox users have installed one disc to the HD and the other to a high quality flash drive.  That was for people who didn't want their DVD drive spinning but still not have the texture pop issue.

In your case I'd only install the one disc on the USB, and use the other in the disc drive.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Alright I'll try that out and see if it helps any. Also uploading a video I'm going to add to OP to show how bad it is for me.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

It's why I got rid of my Akuma.  This happens to me a lot too.  Crashing into poles that have not loaded on-screen yet isn't fun.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

funny.. i only had one pop in on ps3.. but it was a damn big one. everything but my character was gone and it took over 30 seconds of bumping into unrendered walls before it came back

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

In loading screens it says streaming issues are due to you drinking too much wine. That or someone has an under-par connection.

Seriously, the game accuses you of being too drunk to play. :D

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Finally I find someone with a similar problem, I always freeze like this, when hunting down bounties in my buzzard and my rocket is about to hit suddenly I freeze and unfreeze when they are long gone, if I race with friends in free roam or competitive I don't stand a chance( I freeze in races at least twice on average!

I figured it was my PS3 having slow read problems seeing how it happened in single player too, also most Last of Us cutscenes were stop motion, good to hear some sort of confirmation. Hard to find help seeing how any gta online freezing query resulted in early gta online "cloud" problems.

Tefzors
  • Tefzors

Reclaimer

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

It always happens to me to, all the time when I drive to fast.

Looks like I am so good at driving that it's to fast for the game to render.

SneakerzOtoole
  • SneakerzOtoole

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by SneakerzOtoole, 19 November 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Love how the random car purposely rams into me...

This sh*t happens to me ALL THE TIME!  It wasn't like this at first, but since some of the patches it has been doing that exact thing to me with the freeze/lag at high speeds.  Sometimes I'm driving on an invisible road until it catches up loading.  So frustrating.  I even re-downloaded all the the files and patches again but still it happens.  I don't know what the hell is going on but it needs fixing fast!

PS- I'm on PS3

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

It's not the tow truck freeze. I was just in invite only and it's still freezing. Been doing this the last 3 or 4 days now. Getting tired of having to walk over to cut my xbox off. I has to be their cloud....

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Finally been saying this ever since 1.04 came out and everyone's like no it's just you, so glad other people have the problem too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users