Quantcast

» «
Photo

George Zimmermen does some more sh*t involving guns.

96 replies to this topic
Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

With all due respect sivis, that was a little out of order; not to mention out of your normally composed demeanour. I think you need to calm down a little mate. Just being honest.

Sometimes a person is just too stupid, there's no reasoning with some people.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

As bloody thick headed as he can be; let's please avoid the flaming from here on, thanks!

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

Another thing I don't understand is what about Martin's initial actions constituted suspicious behaviour? As far as I understand it, he had been to the shop and was on his way home and there is nothing suspicious about that. Zimmerman must have allowed racial prejudice into his decision to follow this black youth, deem his actions suspicious and decide that he may have something to do with the recent spate of burglaries. Furthermore, if some strange guy was following me there is no way I'd lead him directly to my house, which could be one reason why Martin did not head straight home and just ignore Zimmerman's tail.

I'm with theadmiral, Otter, Melchior and Sivis on this one. Zimmerman's actions would be entirely unjustifiable in virtually every other civilised country in the world and if this man is allowed a weapon to threaten his girlfriend after such a high profile murder case then there are some serious failures in Florida's arms policy.

I'm going to have to call you out on this one. He was charged and found not guilty, why should anything happen to his firearms after the fact? If he was found guilty and later released I might agree with you, but to say he shouldn't have a firearm after being found innocent is a bit silly, don't you think?

I knew I'd be called out on that, and whilst by the letter of Florida law he is entitled to his firearms, that sentence is more an expression of exasperation at the whole gun control issue in America. The fact that men this unstable have easy access to firearms at all is something I simply cannot understand.

What do you propose, then? I don't think you can say this would be solved by implementing a superior mental health system.

This is a guy who has repeatedly used violence and threatening behaviour, both prior and after his murking of Treyvon Martin.

The guy is clearly irresponsible and shouldn't have guns, but the Trayvon Martin debacle is a lot more complicated than "he was an innocent kid that got shot by this guy". 

Meh, not really. If this happened anywhere else in the world Zimmerman would be in jail, no questions. He got off because gun-nut fantasists like the idea that if some black punk challenged them to a fight they could shoot him dead.

How is that? Most people, including the media, were on the side of Trayvon Martin. I don't see how gun-nut fantasists play a role here.

If that were true then surely Zimmerman would have been jailed, most of the US advocate the use of firearms and/or have been raised to think that if someone treads on their property they have the right to shoot them.
In Australia that's just ridiculousness, nobody in their right mind would shoot a PERSON on their property here, not for any reason, because trespassing does not warrant shooting in the minds of Australians. I have absolutely no doubt that if that happened here, Zimmerman would be in prison for murder or manslaughter.

However in America it is a different story I have found.

It is true. If you watched any news station (with the exception being Fox) during the trial, you'd have see that the majority as well as the loudest supporters were on the side of Trayvon Martin, not George Zimmerman. NBC, in particular, doctored the 911 call in order to make George Zimmerman sound like a racist (if he is or isn't, I don't know, but the phone call was not). The news covered rallies in support of Trayvon Martin, but I do not recall any in support of George Zimmerman.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's weird to live in a world where it's easier to for some people to believe that a news organization would willingly edit a tape to make a man appear racist than to believe that a man would kill an innocent kid out of predjudice.

The NBC debacle was an edit for brevity that led to an inadvertent error. It happens. It's not like they shot a kid carrying Skittles.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

It's weird to live in a world where it's easier to for some people to believe that a news organization would willingly edit a tape to make a man appear racist than to believe that a man would kill an innocent kid out of predjudice.

The NBC debacle was an edit for brevity that led to an inadvertent error. It happens. It's not like they shot a kid carrying Skittles.

I'm not saying Zimmerman was innocent, just giving an example of how more people seemed to side with Martin than Zimmerman. Very few people, from what I've seen, thought Zimmerman had a chance.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 20 November 2013 - 06:21 AM.

Damn, I though this whole Zimmerman nonsense was over and done with. It amazes me how people still like to debate over the case with such vehemence.

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Vlynor likes this

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by TheBlackPeterParker., 20 November 2013 - 04:55 AM.

Maybe it would of been a different outcome, but the only reason it made the news in the first place was because the media wanted to potray it as a white on black crime to get higher ratings.

To be fair, it is a fact that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin regardless of what actually happened in the confrontation after that.

Is it? I don't remember the case honestly. I only remember the media distorting his 9-11 call to make it sound like a racially charged event.

Thats what i remeber too. I recall them playing the tape where they thought Zimmerman said 'Coon' time after time after time. However dont remember the news saying that they where wrong and Zimmerman didn't say that, they just moved onto the next piece of evidence they thought would get Zimmerman into trouble.

Plus to be fair everyone profiles each other the first time we see someone.

Yeah, it is true, the media tried to make it worse. But he did call 911 because he saw a black person walking, and he did chase a guy for no reason after 911 told him not to. He had a history of being an overzealous watchman who failed to become a cop over and over again, and a history of calling 911 for stuff like that.

He was trying to look after his neighborhood and thought that Trayvon may of been a problem, the problem is that everyone made it a race crime when it wasn't. The races should of never of been an issue but everyone makes it a issue when there doesn't need to be one. Plus a operator told him to stand down not a police officer.

If a unkown black youth was in my neighborhood i would be suspicious, I think everyone would and people who say they wouln't are either lying or foolish.

Yup, because the black youth are thugs.  :die:

Why do people forget the fact that he had his hood up because it was raining?

• theadmiral likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users