Photo

Winning/Losing streak screen effects

5 replies to this topic
DKJenvey
  • DKJenvey

What?

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I don't know if its just me, but they really distract from what's happening in the game. Why, when I'm on a losing streak, do I need whatever lights are around to blind me?

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

I agree, it is really annoying, including the bullshark testosterone.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

The sole reason I never play DM.. whenever you get more than 2 kills the whole screen lights up like a rave whilst on cocaine and we're supposed to get kills with it like that? It's doable but annoying as hell

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

it's beyond annoying. I hope they fix it soon.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

The sole reason I never play DM.. whenever you get more than 2 kills the whole screen lights up like a rave whilst on cocaine and we're supposed to get kills with it like that? It's doable but annoying as hell

Who does coke at a rave?? Who even goes to raves these days?? But yes, I agree.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:41 AM Edited by AzraelX, 19 November 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Who even goes to raves these days??

Maybe you've moved into a phase of your life where raves are no longer relevant to your interests, but the rest of the world just keeps spinning as it always has.

I hope they fix it soon.

It is obviously an intentional mechanic. There's nothing broken, so there's nothing to fix.

I think the reasons people come up with to complain are getting a little ridiculous, personally. I get the impression that half the people on this forum will move on to another game as soon as they run out of ideas for things to gripe about.

The losing streak effect increases the contrast a little, which in a worst case scenario might reduce your ability to immediately differentiate things at long range, by its very definition. If you consider it a penalty, good. You just got killed three times in a row, you're obviously overextending yourself, you apparently need a visual cue to remind you to play more defensively.

Still don't like it? You shouldn't like it. Just like when a game blurs or reduces your vision for having low health or taking heavy damage (like most modern FPS games), no one cares if it bothers you because it's your own fault, and you deserve it. If you really don't want the losing streak effect that badly, try harder to not get a losing streak. It's supposed to be undesirable.

However, it really isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Not only isn't the visual effect that severe, but it disappears the instant you kill another player (can you imagine? being expected to kill someone in deathmatch?)

To top it off, they make it unfairly easy for you to get that required kill, in the form of imba loser perks. Revealing all players, keeping you invisible, or even quadruple damage? If you can't get rid of the loser filter with odds like those, then you really deserve to keep it.

They're basically giving you a free kill and giving you an inconsequential "penalty" to motivate you into taking it. Again, not an issue in any sense of the word.

As for the kill streak effect? You have to be kidding. It does not reduce visibility, it is not debilitating. If it somehow distracts you enough to make you die (or at least that'll be your excuse), or to even not play at all, then you definitely aren't getting kill streaks enough to worry about it in the first place.

You might not know this, but if you get a decent kill streak, you are deemed the "power player" and get to see where everyone on the map is at all times. Sure, there is a downside to it, but that doesn't mean much when you can avoid getting caught off guard by every other player. It certainly makes up for any handicap you might be imagining from the subtle pulsing filter.

The sole reason I never play DM

Really? Okay. Seems both reasonable and legitimate.

we're supposed to get kills with it like that?

Yeah, you are. It doesn't make it any harder. At all. Last kill streak I got was 12 in a row. Pretty easy once you become the power player. If you're having difficulty killing people, then okay, but don't blame it on some arbitrary visual effect.

The effect isn't the issue. If you're unable to maintain a kill streak, it has absolutely nothing to do with the filter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users