Photo

The Bans have started!

104 replies to this topic
Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

If you glitched or hacked the game I would be wary of the latest patch. The bans have already started rolling in.

This guy was banned for 11 YEARS!?

https://twitter.com/GTAV_Informer

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

11 Years, LMAO! PS6 will be out by then!

• I_T_T_O and brooklyn718 like this

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

lol

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

i want to laugh but..

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 19 November 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Cause he's dumb enough to broadcast cheats to his 38 thousand followers/subscribers. He was probably also dumb enough to expose his Gamertag in the process.

But I'd love to see Rockstar have the balls to ban the hundreds of thousands of people who glitched. We all know they wouldn't do it.

• StormerBoy and The Rangler like this

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

he's just in the cheat (bs) lobby though.. still play with all his cheater friends.

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

is modding car's from single player into online banable offense?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

The silent voice in ones heart whispers the most profound wisdom

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

I love the proof

makes video titled banned for 11 years

shows him shooting cops in story mode. 

• KyoukoToshinou likes this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

who is this f*cktard?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I watched the video and in it the guy says he was banned for 11 years

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by LosKnightsTemplar, 19 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.

http://www.rockstargames.com/eula

Tells you all you need to know, you break those terms of service I should imagine some form of punishment will be handed out although it's hard to punish each individual player for their action as there are so many of us.

It'll be done differently from PC games as I don't think there is any form of anti-cheat system implemented like Punkbuster etc but with everything being stored on Rockstars own cloud servers they can see what they like & do what they like.

• obsidian_eclipse likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Tells you all you need to know...

Nobody reads that. 

• UnicornAssassin likes this

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

glitches and exploits could land anyone in the cheater/bs lobby, I suppose the duration fits the offense or maybe it's 11 years for anything.. obviously you have to be caught.. actually modding or hacking content by using unauthorised software or purposefully playing with those who do could lead to console/account bans from xlive or psn.. Xbox live forums has about half a dozen a day complaining and asking why.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Seriously, if i was banned or my account altered, id just stop playing. Its not that serious for me.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Tells you all you need to know, you break those terms of service I should imagine some form of punishment will be handed out although it's hard to punish each individual player for their action as there are so many of us.

It'll be done differently from PC games as I don't think there is any form of anti-cheat system implemented like Punkbuster etc but with everything being stored on Rockstars own cloud servers they can see what they like & do what they like.

where the f*ck is the TLDR version of this wall?

• theadmiral likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Well now, that's quite the time indeed. 

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by LosKnightsTemplar, 19 November 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Nobody reads that. 

You're right, people don't give it a second thought but when they act all surprised they've been banned or placed in the cheaters pool the reasons for such actions being taken are stated in the EULA, they've breached the terms of service/use so they've only got themselves to blame for A) being stupid or B) being sh*t and getting caught haha :)

Unfortunately the EULA does involve some form of reading regardless... Here is a brief snippet though of some of the actions users have taken & done which has resulted in them being banned.

"Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part"

"restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software"

"cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software"

"violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or

transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time."

And those are just small snippets from the licensing conditions, there is a whoooooole lot more stuff.

• The Rangler likes this

Cool Story Bro
  • Cool Story Bro

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Guys is this real!? Pls confirm

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

The guy in the video is is playing GTAO. He says "What is going on guys" and that he got banned for 11 years.

Please check this

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=waJYZW5Qwjk

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

My friend said it was

TrueHayabusa
  • TrueHayabusa

Shot Caller

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

No real proof. I can make a video and say that I got banned for 50 years. But it does sound kinda believable. But no proof so it could just be a publicity thing.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Nobody reads that. 

You're right, people don't give it a second thought but when they act all surprised they've been banned or placed in the cheaters pool the reasons for such actions being taken are stated in the EULA, they've breached the terms of service/use so they've only got themselves to blame for A) being stupid or B) being sh*t and getting caught haha :)

Unfortunately the EULA does involve some form of reading regardless... Here is a brief snippet though of some of the actions users have taken & done which has resulted in them being banned.

"Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part"

"restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any online features of the Software"

"cheat or utilize any unauthorized robot, spider, or other program in connection with any online features of the Software"

"violate any terms, policies, licenses, or code of conduct for any online features of the Software; or

transport, export, or re-export (directly or indirectly) into any country forbidden to receive the Software by any U.S. export laws or regulations or U.S. economic sanctions or otherwise violate any laws or regulations, or the laws of the country in which the Software was obtained, which may be amended from time to time."

And those are just small snippets from the licensing conditions, there is a whoooooole lot more stuff.

and if you don't agree to it you can't play. This is all rockstars fault really. they wanted to be all secretive and now look what happened, every update they release makes like 10 more bugs, i'm surprised they didn't give up yet

Cool Story Bro
  • Cool Story Bro

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ok thanks guys

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

"Repeat offenders will be punished"

-Rockstar-

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

THEY ARE TOO BUSY MAKING 7 DLCs (RELEASE DATES BETWEEN 2015~2020)

2 OF THEM ARE:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064105662

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064105948

dwallen
  • dwallen

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nobody reads that. 

and nowhere does it say anything about "GLITCHING"

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

The guy in the video who is playing in story mode says he got banned for 11 years

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

Nobody reads that. 

and nowhere does it say anything about "GLITCHING"

Common sense and logic says to me that glitching can technically be classed as cheating.... Let's not start nitt picking here.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Lmao - sweet

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Video has ZERO proof.
Trolls have been fed, let them get some rest now....they have got another big day of trollin ahead of them tomorrow on these boards.

Sweet dreams trolls, may your dreams be filled with quaint bridges for you to stand guard at!
  • T-Fleezee likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users