Photo

FULLY-MODDED Bati vs. Akuma?

62 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Bati, according to IGN, has better handling and top speed. However, it obviously has slower acceleration. However, since Akuma has 10 acceleration, it can't go up with upgrades, right? So, when you upgrade the Bati, won't it just go up to 10 with turbo and all that, and be faster AND still have the same acceleration?

Basically, I'm wondering if it's even worth having my Bati anymore if I have an Akuma? Should I waste money on upgrade for Bati, or is the Akuma still better?

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by kstowe, 18 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Akuma

Did a free roam race at the airport, I bought a fully modded Bati because all my friends have Akumas

Got smoked

Bati sucks

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Had a fully modded Bati and ditched it for an Akuma that I also fully modded. I seem to feel like I just prefered the Bati. I think that the statistical differences are miniscule. Top speed is SOOOOO overrated in this game. I think it's just about what feels better to you.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Its worth having bote imo.

The stats in LSC are wrong. The Akuma can get more acceleration.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

But what I'm asking is: shouldn't the acceleration be the same fully-modded, making the Bati better?

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by kstowe, 18 November 2013 - 05:54 PM.

But what I'm asking is: shouldn't the acceleration be the same fully-modded, making the Bati better?

No

I tested it

Bati sucks, it's not worth buying at all.

After I lost, I sold my Bati and bought another Akuma

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by Don Johan, 18 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

No, it is not the same. The stats lie.

Edit:

No

I tested it

Bati sucks, it's not worth buying at all.

After I lost, I sold my Bati and bought another Akuma

Bati has better handling on some tracks so can therefor be usefull in races.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

The stat bars aren't even accurate and just because they're maxed out doesn't mean it can't be further improved.

Handling is completely biased.

Akuma is better.

Bzilla
  • Bzilla

Nipple Twister

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm fairly certain even though both bikes have accel maxed out, the bike that had the higher accel stat before modding will still have higher accel after mod.

I pulled this from my arse btw.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

People need to stop interpreting the stat bars as being true and developers need to stop using f*cking stat bars.
  • coach_wargo likes this

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Why does motorcycle take up a huge car space in the garage :(

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

V8 Murder Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

AKUMA = win any race that has a lot of turns
BATTI = win any race that gives a long strip of straight land.

Batti will always beat an AKUMA fully upgraded on a straight race like down the drain, but will get beat by the akuma in races that require a lot of turning, like the vinewood hills race.

I prefer top speed over acceleration. Its just a matter of racing preference.
  • DaRkL3AD3R likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

So basically the Akuma is the only bike that isn't complete and utter sh*t?

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Also, what's this that I hear about acceleration matching the Akuma's when you do a wheelie? Is that true? Does it even matter, since you can't wheelie out of turns?

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

V8 Murder Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Also, what's this that I hear about acceleration matching the Akuma's when you do a wheelie? Is that true? Does it even matter, since you can't wheelie out of turns?

It matches an unmodded akuma. But a fully modded akima wheelie will still smoke the bati in the short run.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

It matches an unmodded akuma. But a fully modded akima wheelie will still smoke the bati in the short run.

How big of a straightaway does it take for the Bati to catch-up? I'm basically looking for a good bike to do drive-bys with and run from dudes in super cars.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

AKUMA = win any race that has a lot of turns
BATTI = win any race that gives a long strip of straight land.

Batti will always beat an AKUMA fully upgraded on a straight race like down the drain, but will get beat by the akuma in races that require a lot of turning, like the vinewood hills race.

I prefer top speed over acceleration. Its just a matter of racing preference.

I do the same. Love bote bikes equally.

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Supreme Peasant

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Thats the thing which annonys me.

Rockstar didnt think about that enough ...

Just take a look at 10 bikes in garage ... SPACE WASTED !

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

V8 Murder Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

How big of a straightaway does it take for the Bati to catch-up? I'm basically looking for a good bike to do drive-bys with and run from dudes in super cars.

AKUMA. No question about it. Just run circles around buildings, with its maxed acceleration, no super car will be able to keep up. Practice lane splitting and master the high speed handling; do so and you will be able to drive by and run away from anybody.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

I'm basically looking for a good bike to do drive-bys with and run from dudes in super cars.

For that you also need to stay on your bike. It might just be me but i do less mistakes with my Bati. I think its easier to take corners with it then the Akuma.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

People need to stop interpreting the stat bars as being true and developers need to stop using f*cking stat bars.

how can they be so innaccurate though
it's a bunch of absolute numbers visually represented by a bar
howw could the mess this up so badly?
plenty of other games do it perfectly

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Bike handling in GTA V is garbage anyway, Akuma is faster, looks like crap, Bati RR looks sweet as hell but its also slower.

Bikes in Saints row handle exactly the same as in GTA V. I'm a great bike fan IRL, but never drive them in V because of the handling.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 18 November 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Very good question. Why didn`t R* just made it so you could fit 2 bikes in 1 slot? That way I could own a sports bike and a dirt bike without feeling like I`m wasting space.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Don Johan, 18 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Bike handling in GTA V is garbage anyway, Akuma is faster, looks like crap, Bati RR looks sweet as hell but its also slower.

Bikes in Saints row handle exactly the same as in GTA V. I'm a great bike fan IRL, but never drive them in V because of the handling.

Dude bike handling in V is great! Are you pointing LS forward when you drive? Only let it go in tight corners.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Dude bike handling in V is great! Are you pointing LS forward when you drive? Only let it go in tight corners.

I just don't like it, GTA IV bikes where perfect, had weight. This in GTA V is to unreal to enjoy for me. The pointing forward has been since GTA Vice City mate, but thanks for the tip.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

V8 Murder Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

This. In order to achieve somewhat realistic handling, u gotta keep forward pressure on the left thumb stick. I agree that the handling over all is very cartoony (f*ck you saints row) and gta 4 did it right, but to compensate for GTA5's f*ck up, keeping pressure on the left stick really helps.

Runnin_Gag
  • Runnin_Gag

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

The Akuma is simply better. Period.

I have both of them and the akuma is faster. The Bati might theoretically have a slightly higher top speed but i have never seen the bati go faster than the akuma in any situation.

But: I drive my fully modded double T. It destroys the fully modded bati just as the akuma does but looks better and handles better. Personal preference I guess.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

The Akuma is simply better. Period.

I have both of them and the akuma is faster. The Bati might theoretically have a slightly higher top speed but i have never seen the bati go faster than the akuma in any situation.

But: I drive my fully modded double T. It destroys the fully modded bati just as the akuma does but looks better and handles better. Personal preference I guess.

Double-T vs. Akuma? What's the difference? Just worse acceleration?

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

The Bati has good top speed but its acceleration is very low compared to the Akuma. However the Bati can take turns almost 2x tighter than the akuma wtihout braking in any fashion leading to much faster turning overall.. on curvy tracks the Bati will be able to maintain its speed better than the akuma simply because of that.

So speed vs Maneuverability.

controlled right the Bati will eventually keep up in speed with the akuma and will dramatically outpreform it in turns.

that said i prefer the akuma for racing because the chances of needing that turning ability is rare when joining random races..

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

However the Bati can take turns almost 2x tighter than the akuma wtihout braking in any fashion leading to much faster turning overall.

Can anyone confirm this? Tighter turns would REALLY help me pull away from super cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users