Photo

Why are free aimers so elitist?

170 replies to this topic
kruelking
  • kruelking

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

and now we get to the backpedalling and squirming around trying to save what he can
that post said something else entirely when I hit the quote button
something about irony and how we were stupid
and lookee here it now says the exact opposite

edit: had to break up my post because of all the quotes

I'm not backpedaling nothing you rube. I made an ad-hominem attack toward Mr. Zarathustra because he missed the whole irony troll thing...just like you did...but unlike you he's made a couple of references to big boy stuff that tells me he's educated...you have failed to.

Really, referencing Nietzsche is enough to invalidate an argument. "Oh he mentioned big boy stuff therefore he must know what hes talking about".

Alwintheboy
  • Alwintheboy

Too old to be a boy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Cause Auto-aim is sh*t.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

and now we get to the backpedalling and squirming around trying to save what he can

I'm not backpedaling nothing you rube. I made an ad-hominem attack toward Mr. Zarathustra because he missed the whole irony troll thing...just like you did...but unlike you he's made a couple of references to big boy stuff that tells me he's educated...you have failed to.

You do realise that you're judging people because they're acting like FA "übermenschen" and afterwards proceed to be something that I like to call a "big boy stuff" übermensch?

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

I use both Free-Aim and Auto-Aim, and anyone who doesn't use both equally is a filthy aimist who kicks puppies for fun.

something something Call of Duty GRRR

• GTALegion likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Really, referencing Nietzsche is enough to invalidate an argument. "Oh he mentioned big boy stuff therefore he must know what hes talking about".

Congratulations...you know a bit about philosophy, or you have google. If you wish to discuss the merits of moral nihilism please PM me. I'd love to have an intelligent conversation about it. However, I'm not getting into a philosophical debate in a thread.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

You do realise that you're judging people because they're acting like FA "übermenschen" and afterwards proceed to be something that I like to call a "big boy stuff" übermensch?

I don't even think you know what you're talking about....so...

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Why are auotoaimers so whiney and insecure?

Free aim is more fun, it lets you exibit your excellent hand eye coordination and fast reflexes. Its more rewarding to kill when you know you earned it then by killing with "assistance".
  • Phyxsius- and MuhFugga like this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

In that case I don't think you can read

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I dislike auto aim because you don't have a chance at countering people who shoot you and the fact that you can't drive around without being killed in your car so easy
  • MuhFugga likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

No I can't, but I can pick up on context...and you totally missed it.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

No I can't, but I can pick up on context...and you totally missed it.

No, no I didn't.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

You did. I wasn't complaining about them. I was making a reference to indicate that I understood his damn screen name. Which I'm guessing you didn't read the Wikipedia article completely or just missed something when you Googled ubermensch, or you would understand the first "ubermensch" comment directed at Zarathustra instead of mistaking it for me having a problem with him.

I am an ubermensch because I don’t buy slave-morality. (Whoosh…off to Wiki…)

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 18 November 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Why are auotoaimers so whiney and insecure?

Free aim is more fun, it lets you exibit your excellent hand eye coordination and fast reflexes. Its more rewarding to kill when you know you earned it then by killing with "assistance".

Perfect delivery.

Nobody is whiney and insecure as you put it. It is becoming annoying when one of them is trying to shove down the other`s throat his choice. And we do enter soap opera territory when they start throwing arguments like noob, scrub, or elitist.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hi Phyx :D

• Phyxsius- likes this

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Man I wish this was for PC, I can't aim for sh*t with the thumbsticks, mouse is the best for aiming

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

LOL at the guy not making a single coherent argument, only calling people pathetic and stupid suddenly acting all intelligent cuz he read a book or something XD

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Hi Phyx :D

Shush.. ate and took a break. Watching Formula 1 torrent now. Darn cable company not buying rights... *grumbles*.

Hi back :)

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

You did. I wasn't complaining about them. I was making a reference to indicate that I understood his damn screen name. Which I'm guessing you didn't read the Wikipedia article completely or just missed something when you Googled ubermensch, or you would understand the first "ubermensch" comment directed at Zarathustra instead of mistaking it for me having a problem with him.

I am an ubermensch because I don’t buy slave-morality. (Whoosh…off to Wiki…)

I hadn't even read that comment when I posted before. And the post in which I supposedly didn't know what I was talking about applies to your post right here as well. In the comment that I read it seemed as if you were accusing him of being an elite, yet acted like an elite yourself afterwards. Hence my comment. Well, I guess you're not a hypocrite and an ubermensch, but just an ubermensch.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Like they feel the need to defend their decision every 5 seconds. Congrats you can aim in a video game, put that on a job application.

Tiny victories. People have to find something to be proud of in their life. And in our attention whore culture, everyone wants to feel like a special and unique butterfly. So people brag about K/D ratios, free aiming, glitching, not glitching, race times, hacking...ad nauseum.

Just do what I do, shrug your shoulders and say, "That's nice." Then continue to play your game your way.
  • Phyxsius- likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Like they feel the need to defend their decision every 5 seconds. Congrats you can aim in a video game, put that on a job application.

Tiny victories. People have to find something to be proud of in their life. And in our attention whore culture, everyone wants to feel like a special and unique butterfly. So people brag about K/D ratios, free aiming, glitching, not glitching, race times, hacking...ad nauseum.
Just do what do, shrug your shoulders and say, "That's nice." Then continue to play your game your way.

So what you're saying is that you're also a hypocrite?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Just do what do, shrug your shoulders and say, "That's nice." Then continue to play your game your way.

I believe she is saying that the mountains you folks are climbing here are more or less irrelevant outside "LaLa Land"

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

LOL at the guy not making a single coherent argument, only calling people pathetic and stupid suddenly acting all intelligent cuz he read a book or something XD

Read lots of books actually...writing one at the moment too...and I'm not acting...I am...intelligent that is :)

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

O.G.A.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Its not like being a free-aimer in gta makes you a marksman in real life sooo... whatsthe point of this dumbass arguement ??

Fwiw i play auto aim lobbies but most of my kills come from in car, which is free aim. & i Dont think im better than anyone else...

ONLY on the internet man i swear.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Being human makes everyone a hypocrite at some point in their lives. Our nature is to be judgmental, prone to scapegoating and hypocrisy. Striving against that is not the norm...but it is the goal.

That said...I think you're using the word hypocrite wrong. If only in this case.
  • gtarelatedusername2 likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:07 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 18 November 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Read lots of books actually...writing one at the moment too...and I'm not acting...I am...intelligent that is :)

well aren't you spesjail XD
who was acting elitist exactly?

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Not acting...am...elitist that is.

Nivak
  • Nivak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Auto aim is boring; it's like riding a bike with training wheels (in my opinion).  

That said, the game segregates auto-aimers and free-aimers.. so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that most choose auto aim.  

Although it's a bit of a shame that so many will never even try free aim thanks to the clunky options implementation, as I think some may actually really enjoy free aim.

stinkfinger1112
  • stinkfinger1112

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Why are free aimers so elitist?

Like they feel the need to defend their decision every 5 seconds. Congrats you can aim in a video game, put that on a job application

Becuase we are better than the fa**otRY aim assit players, that is why we are ELITIST!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 18 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Not acting...am...elitist that is.

ah yes because of all those books you read XD
makes perfect sense to come in here to hate on free aimers being elitist and than proceed to be all elitist because you read books

yeah, that's certainly going to impress a lot of people XD

(btw the nr of threads of free aimers being elitist pales in comparison to the nr of threads by auto-aimers crying about free aimers being elitist, should tell you something right there, they know what's what)

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Short answer - AA makes PvP gunfights pointless and rage-inducing, but it's impossible to find other players on FA. I have several essays which explain this in further detail, but you probably don't hate yourself enough to read them.

Auto-aim lobbies are excellent. Keeps the clowns away from the real players. Hooray for auto-aim!!!

Thus you spoke...like a true Ubermensch

I see what you did there. Do I get the big-boy reference points too? Please please please.

Just do what I do, shrug your shoulders and say, "That's nice." Then continue to play your game your way.

Different people caring about different things seems perfectly normal to me. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with people showing off or wanting to feeling special, though you're right that obsessing about one thing can lead to people being overly proud of largely meaningless accomplishments. Still I wouldn't say being proud of something is necessarily the same as attention whoring either.

Really it comes down to this - this is a community made up of many disparate antagonistic tastes and that inevitably leads to disagreements which can never ever be resolved. Happens everywhere, though usually they're more civil than this. So you get people arguing about things that other people absolutely do not care about at all. The end.

No idea why that guy was calling you a hypocrite though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users