Photo

Does anybody do jobs?

22 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Everytime I try to do a mission, no one gets in. I wait, wait, and wait. And nobody joins, what the f*ck?? Why doesn't anybody join??

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Might be a matchmaking issue, might be you are on free aim instead of auto aim, or it could be that no one does mission.

I don't do missions at all since I have like 10m just sitting in my bank account, I pretty much just free roam these days.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

By missions, you mean actual missions or any type jobs ? The most popular categories are racing and survival, with missions at the bottom since half of them seem half-assed.

There are a few popular missions still, but most are ghost towns you're right.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Everytime I try to do a mission, no one gets in. I wait, wait, and wait. And nobody joins, what the f*ck?? Why doesn't anybody join??

I never hosts jobs for the same reason. I wait for an invite from another player, or go to the 'quick jobs' option on my phone.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

But aren't you suppose to do missions to keep the story progressing??

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

I have the opposite problem. I like doing Coveted solo but there's always someone who tries joining.

NO. GET OUT YOU'LL SCREW IT UP

• kstowe likes this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

Story ? Story essentially "stops" after you meet trevor at lvl25 to unlock survival missions.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

I used to do them all the time until they f*cked up the pay outs.

Now I have no motivation to host them as I know I will just waste time loading and returning to the lobby. I will only do them if they are around my level and it is an invite.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

Story ? Story essentially "stops" after you meet trevor at lvl25 to unlock survival missions.

Really? Damn, I thought online had it's own little story. The beginning looked liked it.

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Might be a matchmaking issue, might be you are on free aim instead of auto aim, or it could be that no one does mission.

I don't do missions at all since I have like 10m just sitting in my bank account, I pretty much just free roam these days.

you couldn't have put it better. You don't bother playing missions cause you already have more money than they provide.

Some of the missions are pretty awesome. I guess only if you don't care about video game currency.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

I only do ones I can do alone or that are easy to complete.  Running to airbase to get cargobob just takes too long for the payout and fails half the time. 

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

I always quick join jobs, you get kicked sometimes but its a good way to meet new friends, make some cash and Rank up.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

I don't usually do missions because most of the ones I've tried just ended up being more frustrating than fun... Anyone suggest what missions are fun to play with a couple people? Maybe I'll try to host some later

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

free roam > racing > missions

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

I don't usually do missions because most of the ones I've tried just ended up being more frustrating than fun... Anyone suggest what missions are fun to play with a couple people? Maybe I'll try to host some later

out of court settlement is fun because you can put the lawyers car in your garage then go back and get the evidenceand take it to martin.   4500 from job 22000 for car. 

• Lightskin Bro likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

So I have to keep your play schedule?

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I join and host Jobs all the time. Are you sending out Invites? Theres several options for Invites. Best bet if you want to co-op Jobs is to join a Crew.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

why do jobs when you can troll?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

There’s a couple of reasons for your troubles.

1) People can’t choose which missions to join.

It’s possible to join/host a specific race or a specific survival (even so you’re still very limited in your options and more filters would be very helpful) but you can’t do this with missions (except for the 6 non-PvP missions on the jobs menu).

To join a contact mission you either accept an invite on your phone (from a friend or from someone in the same session) or you hit quick job -> Mission which will put you into a random mission. Buuuut with that 2nd method there’s a good chance you’ll be put into an LTS event or a PvP mission, which are completely different from the standard missions and probably not what you wanted but are somehow counted in the missions category. There’s also no way to see the level of a mission prior to joining it (or simply knowing from the mission name or mission provider) which means players can get into missions meant for players 50 levels higher (so they can’t really contribute much, although often they just get free money for their team whining) or they can get landed with a mission that’s 50 levels out of date (in which case it isn’t worth doing at all). No way to veto missions on random join either so if you get one you hate or are bored with then you have to quickly back out before the host launches the job (or else you’ll get bad sport points).

2) The matchmaking in this game is terrible.

Invite from session works.

Invite from last job works.

Invite from crew works.

Invite from friendslist works.

Invite from skill-matched players does not work at all.

So if you’ve got friends or crewmates online of if you’ve just been playing with people then it’s easy to get players into your job, if you don’t and you’re trying to get randoms in then you’re in trouble. They can still join if they go quick job, but any invites you send will go to the same 16 players who are the first page in an alphabetical list and they’re very unlikely to join since they get perma-spammed by every invite.

3) After the payout nerf it’s not really worth completing random missions.

Prior to 1.04 you could get okay money by doing random missions, but after that patch the half payout means you get a terrible payout for any repeat missions. Instead of getting good money from grinding or okay money from playing missions normally, now you get okay money from grinding and pathetic money from playing missions normally (after the first payout at least, but you simply don’t rank up quick enough with missions to only play them once and it’s easily possible to exhaust every mission). So the only missions worth doing are the grinding ones and generally fewer people are doing missions.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by OurJud, 18 November 2013 - 07:27 PM.

why do jobs when you can troll?

Is it because not everyone playing this game is a troll?

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Have you got your matchmaking set to closed? That could be the problem. Like others have said just wait to get an invite to someone elses lobby and join that.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

I get invites all the time.  But when I accept them, the job is already unavailable and the host is running it solo.  It has happened so many times that I can't even put a number on it.

So I don't bother accepting anymore.  Unless it's for Boneyard.

Plus, I don't like most of the missions/jobs available.  So it's easy for me to ignore most stuff already.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

I only do missions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users