» «
Photo

Unique Stunt Jumps Broken?

10 replies to this topic
ZakkWylde
  • ZakkWylde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by ZakkWylde, 18 November 2013 - 04:37 AM.

Hey everybody,

Been having some frustrating troubles with the Unique Stunt Jumps and was wondering if anybody else had similar difficulty.

A lot of the jumps I've been having trouble with are in the area of Bristol Coke Storage.  There are several truck trailers that have ramps inside of them.

I've tried both a fulled upgraded bike (Pegassi Bati 801) and a fully upgraded 'Super' car (Vapid Bullet) using Franklin and his special abilities and I keep getting 'jump failed'

I've looked on IGN's guide to see where I'm supposed to be landing and I still fail.

I've searched YouTube for other people performing these jumps and seeing where they land, and landed in the exact same place and failed.

There are 2 jumps in particular where you have to jump using a ramps built into trailers and land on the roof of the warehouse.  I can land on the roof of the warehouse no problem, but I still get 'jump failed'.

There's another where I have to land on a freeway on-ramp. This one I've had more difficulty with as when I use the Bullet, I usually fly right over the ramp but with some practice I've mastered getting the correct amount of acceleration to land where I'm supposed to and I still get 'jump failed'

Anybody else had this much trouble with the Unique Stunt Jumps? 

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

There are alot of werid things happening now with GTA ever since they went offline yesterday and now everything is going bonkers it seems like

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

More like the game has been messed up since the first patch. Not that I don't doubt it's been even worse since yesterday.

I have had instances where the stunt jumps were acting kind of broken or strange. A few times I've went over known stunt jumps and it doesn't trigger it as one, with no slow mo, no stunt jump failed or completed, nothing like that. Though later on it would work correctly so I'm not sure what was going on with it. Maybe try quitting the game and restarting it, like all the way out to the menu? I'm pretty sure you have to land with all 4 wheels touching the ground but it sounds like that's not your issue as you've watched videos and mirrored their landings and all.

Now that I think about it I have had trouble(and still haven't completed it) with one that I know of. It's the one where you jump from the curvy freeway entrance ramp into the drainage ditch in Alta/East Vinewood northern La Mesa. I don't know if you have to clear that bridge or what, because that same thing was happening to me. No matter how how clean I landed it would never complete. I even landed on the bridge once.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I think you have to land on four wheels.

not sure though.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

The stunt jumps in this GTA are by far the most temperamental yet. I've hit several at speed without even intending to (just driving around like a maniac, I'll see a ramp and veer to it), and even though it seems like I hit them square, and at least fairly close to top speed, I fail them. The weirdest thing to me is that in older GTA's , it was pretty obvious right when you left the ramp wether or not you were going to complete the jump on landing, now its like *hit the ramp, cross your fingers*.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Just finished all 50 yesterday. Not fun at all, very temperamental as the above poster states. I swear I landed in the same exact spot as the youtube vids many times before it passed me. You do not have to land on all four wheels in my experience, in fact you can fall off your bike and fly threw your windshield and still pass. Many times the stunt jump slow motion did not trigger as another poster states. The stunt jump to the lighthouse is just plain dumb! Hang in there and good luck OP.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by iProinsias, 18 November 2013 - 10:20 PM.

You do not have to land on all four wheels in my experience, in fact you can fall off your bike and fly threw your windshield and still pass.

This is true, landing squarely is NOT a prerequisite for completeing jumps. Not an hour ago I hit a jump from the freeway down into one of the big ditches (the kind from the bike chase in T2: Judgement Day), I landed back wheels first, about 45 degrees off from landing straight, I still completed the jump. It seems more about hitting some invisible target on landing, one that is, rather unfairly, impossible to detect without trial and error.

ZakkWylde
  • ZakkWylde

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by ZakkWylde, 21 November 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Hey everybody, thank you for the input. I don't want to come across as one of the many posters bitching about the game.  Personally, I love GTA V but certain things in the game are beyond annoying and the Unique Stunt Jumps are one of the worst.

I think the answer to my question is a combination of a few of the answers above. The game is EXTREMELY picky on the landing spot, and although you don't have to land 100% flat on 4 wheels, you need to be as close as possible.  For example, if your car takes a nose dive, you will fail.  Once you get the hang of balancing the car out in the air, it's not too bad so this is excusable and not that big of a deal.  However the extreme pickiness on where you land is still annoying.

I now have the 25 Unique Jumps required to the the 'Misc' mission showing completed.  Is there any reason to do the other 25 jumps other than to get the 'Show Off' trophy?

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I haven't done any of the Special Jumps yet and with all the problems i probably won't for a while

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I now have the 25 Unique Jumps required to the the 'Misc' mission showing completed.  Is there any reason to do the other 25 jumps other than to get the 'Show Off' trophy?

Nope only reason is for the trophy...

I will agree-- the ones in the area you are referring to were pretty picky and difficult to get to boot (line up with the trailer ramps)-- you just need to be persistent-- I spent a LOT of time getting all the ones in this area-- luckily I was nearly finished (after these I only had the few over by the port).

The problem with Franklins ability is that sometimes it makes you overshoot the landing area.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

i stopped doing the jumps online after i did 25 of them , too much of a pain in the ass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users