Photo

GTA artwork

2 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

I made this artwork to look like it's from GTA.  Tell me what I need to improve on.

ja+rule+gta.jpg

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by Graven, 18 November 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Your image looks too blurry, and it seems You have only ran it through some comic filter.

I can give You some tips.

First, prepare your image, use levels and contrast if the image is bland.

Create a custom palette for the background, 3-5 colors. Some V artworks have more. The mood and daytime should be thought when You pick the colors.

Then use another larger palette for the character. Inspect RS artwork images about the colors and create a custom palette.

Or You can download and try custom ready palettes for the graphics applications, Gimp, PS and Paint.NET.

Then maybe posterize, and/or convert the image straight to indexed mode, using those custom palettes.

After that vectorize the image.

This should get You close.

Target is to get spot color look, without fading.

I have also in mind few Gimp plugins that could help.

Gonna try this later and write a tutorial if it turns well out. Check the  requests section tutorials too if there´s any help.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Your image looks too blurry, and it seems You have only ran it through some comic filter.

I can give You some tips.

First, prepare your image, use levels and contrast if the image is bland.

Create a custom palette for the background, 3-5 colors. Some V artworks have more. The mood and daytime should be thought when You pick the colors.

Then use another larger palette for the character. Inspect RS artwork images about the colors and create a custom palette.

Or You can download and try custom ready palettes for the graphics applications, Gimp, PS and Paint.NET.

Then maybe posterize, and/or convert the image straight to indexed mode, using those custom palettes.

After that vectorize the image.

This should get You close.

Target is to get spot color look, without fading.

I have also in mind few Gimp plugins that could help.

Gonna try this later and write a tutorial if it turns well out. Check the  requests section tutorials too if there´s any help.

Thanks, I also didn't use any comic filter, I just sort of screwed around with the threshold and colors and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users