Why is it more satisfying to roleplay as a "badass" in IV than

46 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

I don't know, to me it just felt more satisfying to roleplay as a badass in IV compared to V. Its odd because my Michael has $1.3billion more than my Niko, has a Schwartzer, Oracle, Cognoscenti Cabrio, Z Type, Monroe, Stinger, and a Tailgater; even has a wife and 2 kids, a big Spanish-Italian Renaissance mansion in the so called paradise that is Rockford Hills, and he wears suits most of the time.

But, when I get Niko dressed in a nice suit, with gold glasses from that Russian shop, and hop into a dark green Super GT or my light blue on blue Cognoscenti, I just feel more badass. Something is just there in IV that is missing from V.

Does anyone else feel the same?

• theGTAking101 and Ixnay like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

Niko is a war veteran and a hitman for hire. Michael is retired with a family and lives a flashy lifestyle. Not hard to see why really. I like Michael, but I admit he's not quite how I pictured him before release. Infact I'd say he's a bit boring in free roam.

Niko is anything, but.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

Niko is more bad-ass than Trevor. Trevor just acts like he's a tough guy but he's a scared little boy inside. We all saw it in the mom mission.

• Drunken Cowboy, The4orTy67 and LancerG2 like this

Opiated_Escape
  • Opiated_Escape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, none of the characters of V felt as cool and badass as Niko or Johnny did to me.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I agree with that. I also like Michael, but somehow Niko seems more badass.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Because Niko is one crazy badass motherf*cker.

From what I've seen, the characters of GTA V seem more distant to the player, for saying somehow, than the ones of IV.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Maybe the dark and gritty atmosphere of Liberty City makes him seem more badass.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

I would prefer Niko or Johnny in comparison to the trio in V. Here's why:

Michael - yeah, we get it. He has anger issues and has a short temper. He was also a professional criminal. But that isn't made prevalent enough. When events happen in the story and people blame him for his 'outbursts', I can't help but feel confused. What seems to be anger just looks like annoyance. So no, he's not all that tough as I thought.

Franklin - he's not motivated by anything besides "getting out of the ghetto and making something of himself". Or mostly he's after "making good money". Yeah that's all fine and dandy but where's his edge? It's not there.

Trevor - he's just on drugs and is a hothead with psychological problems. Some may say he's a tough guy, but that can be proven untrue at the end of the game when he is emasculated by his mother. Where's that tough side Trevor?

At least for Niko when he lost a loved one, he still had that edge. You knew he would be willing to kill again to get to his objective no matter how bad his emotions were in the way.
  • MiamiViceCity and Vanto like this

BurkeKnight
  • BurkeKnight

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:23 PM Edited by BurkeKnight, 12 December 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Very true on that, Judicious 7, but I also have to say, character.

Niko was more a go out and break bones guy. He did not seems to care about how others saw him, and he was not afraid to do what had to be done.

Micheal on the other hand, seemed to just want to be lazy and drink in his big money lifestyle.

Franklin seemed too much focused on his image.

Trevor just wanted to dope up and be a nuisance.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Got Niko dressed up in a blue suit with a white undershirt, bought some high end brown & white shoes, gold glasses, and hopped into my silver Super GT. Felt so rich and executive riding around LC until I drove over to Alderney and saw Acter hadn't loaded. Literally! The neighborhood was gone, it was all blue hell. Ugly glitch.

But Niko in a sexy car feels so badass. In V, I could get Michael dressed up in a Super Diamond and he'd still feel like a boring ass middle aged man no matter how much crime he's commited.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

It's subjective really.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Mr_Leone, 26 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

It might feel more badass because Niko's rich lifestyle is new to him as it is to you. Michael's fortune was acquired way before the story, so his money feels like it was fabricated out of thin air, as opposed to Niko, who had to work 10x more (on screen) to get a quarter of Michael's money, so it feels more satisfying to be rich as Niko.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Niko is more bad-ass than Trevor. Trevor just acts like he's a tough guy but he's a scared little boy inside. We all saw it in the mom mission.

We also saw how he pussied out when he killed Johnny, killed him because he couldn't deal with the consequences. Bitch ass pussy.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Trevor is more baddas than niko

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Drug addicts are not badass. Besides little Trev would sh*t his pants if he'd seen what Niko did in the war.

Niko doesn't need some invincibility superpower to be a badass.
  • Mr_Leone, HaythamKenway, ThroatSlasher2 and 1 other like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Dress Michael up in a suit, but him in a black Banshee and blast out FlyLo FM. Problem solved :p

But I do agree that Niko was a badass in his own way. I loved cruising around Hove Beach with my gold glasses and getting into gunfights with Russians. Michael does feel more badass to me, but I can understand why people prefer Niko. 

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

BigGrin.png

OH HAHAHAHA, My sides.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

@SonOfLiberty

What did Niko do? I only remember him talk about what he saw, not what he did.

And if I recall Trevor when he was a kid burned down a entire mall by himself because his dad left him...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

So Trevor had some daddy issues that caused him to burn down a mall? That doesn't compare to Niko only being a teenager when he fought in the Yugoslavian Wars as a pilot and infantryman and at another point working in a human trafficking ring.

• LancerG2 likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 31 December 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Trevor is crazy, loud, agitated, etc.

Niko is cold, composed, remorseless. 

Pretty easy to point out the more badass of the two.

Edit: The fact we barely know anything about Trevor's past doesn't help the fact Niko is much more of a badass. You can feel Niko's torment and misery everytime he takes a breath. Trevor ? Well, I ain't too sure about him. The quick little story he tells Wade on his way to LS seems very rushed and uninspired.

• MiamiViceCity and LancerG2 like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Trevor just comes across as someone that should be put in a padded room. So he likes to dress up as a woman, get drunk in his underwear and doesn't mind smelling like a toilet. Why does this make him a badass?

Niko would break this f*cker's arm in five different places with that arm bar he applied to Brucie. Trevor's a pussy.

• ThroatSlasher2 and LancerG2 like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Niko would break this f*cker's arm in five different places with that arm bar he applied to Brucie. Trevor's a pussy.

Then he would cry to his momma like a little bitch, before getting kneed in the face.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

i fail to see how Trevor is a pussy if anything micheal is a pussy how he straight away backed down from maderzo and steve haines  would trevor do that i very much doubt it say what you like about  Trevor his a dirtty psychotic scumbag but a pussy? No 

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

See the thing with Trevor is I believe when he confronted his mother is what he's really like. A lost little boy in desperate need of love and affection. I mean they had to weaken Johnny's character and The Lost to push him as the ultimate badass, but there's no way Trevor would've been able to f*ck with The Lost circa 2008.

I knew there was always something funky about Trevor even before the game released. If dirty, bisexual, prejudice against rednecks, crossdressing bums are considered badass lord have mercy on us all.

• LancerG2 likes this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

All the developement time which went in one charachter in GTA IV has to be divided at some point to get the 3 charachters finished. That's what has made them a little stereotypical.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

i fail to see how Trevor is a pussy if anything micheal is a pussy how he straight away backed down from maderzo and steve haines  would trevor do that i very much doubt it say what you like about  Trevor his a dirtty psychotic scumbag but a pussy? No 

1. This is entirely opinionated, for starters this depends on what your endgame is.

2. If Trevor f*cked with Madrazo he would of had his sh*t kicked.

3. Trevor's an ugly pussy redneck.

4. I can say whatever I like about Trevor? Thanks for the Invitation, Trevor is a pussy.

5. Your Grammar is a little bad.

All the developement time which went in one charachter in GTA IV has to be divided at some point to get the 3 charachters finished. That's what has made them a little stereotypical.

It just annoys me how Niko and Johhny have sh*tty endings while Luis just f*cks off and has a great time being a whining, monotone partying loser.

To Be Honest. The only reason I like TBOGT was the weapons, and the vehicles.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

1. This is entirely opinionated, for starters this depends on what your endgame is.

2. If Trevor f*cked with Madrazo he would of had his sh*t kicked.

3. Trevor's an ugly pussy redneck.

4. I can say whatever I like about Trevor? Thanks for the Invitation, Trevor is a pussy.

5. Your Grammar is a little bad.

It just annoys me how Niko and Johhny have sh*tty endings while Luis just f*cks off and has a great time being a whining, monotone partying loser.

To Be Honest. The only reason I like TBOGT was the weapons, and the vehicles.

1.the end does seem out of Character.  

2.He cut Of Madrazo  ear so i fail to see how he did not f*ck with him.

3. Redneck? maybe ugly and a pussy? matter of opinion. 

4.and yes you can its a forum so thanks for the Invitation your a c*nt.

5. But Do i Care?

and im not even a big Trevor fan   but some of his Dialogue is Brilliant and comedy gold.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

@SonOfLiberty

What did Niko do? I only remember him talk about what he saw, not what he did.

And if I recall Trevor when he was a kid burned down a entire mall by himself because his dad left him...

Trevor feels like something Rockstar is just blowing way over the top. So over the top it is stupid. He burned down a mall as a kid? That isn't badass, that is f*cking retarded, just saying.
  • MiamiViceCity and LancerG2 like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

I don't know why, but that made me lol hard. :lol:

• Scaglietti likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

4.and yes you can its a forum so thanks for the Invitation your a c*nt.

Resorting to calling me a c*nt?

1287666826226.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users