Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic
Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

If possible I wouldn't mind attending ? will be online from around 8pm GMT ...

Also anyone who has added me recently apologies for lots of invites, but I always press the auto invite button when hosting so it invites everyone I have any type of contact with ! please do not feel you should join but if you do all the better :)

ryanhendry94
  • ryanhendry94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Not sure if this requires a new thread so will post here.
I am off work and is going to be bad weather tomorrow so I think I will dedicate the day to GTAO.

Hosting closed crew session for Red Rum Racing all day Friday 11/22.
Hosting races of all types, impromptu street racing, time challenges, stunt show and more. Show off you rides, chill, and have a good time. Bring some $ because betting is encouraged.

If you are already a member come on in. If you are thinking of joining or want to see if RRR1 is for you then request an invite.

Non RRR1 members allowed if they follow the gentleman's rules.
This will be a no griefing allowed, friendly zone. If you want to shoot at things go to another session.

I'm up for this!

ryanhendry94
  • ryanhendry94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yep Ryan, that was me !

As for Excel spread sheets I use them 8 hours a day for my job, so any questions just ask :)

We had one hell of a battle for the lead for about 3 laps, was great racing!

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hopefuly theres still a crew Lobby active when I get on in bout 20 mins

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Are we active this afternoon?? Not sure if ill be about until a little later on

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Not entirely sure, I've been so busy for the past few days I haven't been able to make the poster, or get the playlist going. I'm going to make every attempt to be on today, but we all know how that cane work out. If it does happen, I think it might just be like the other day and a "Free Style" of sorts. 

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by mo-seph, 24 November 2013 - 03:07 PM.

well you know me fella, always open to some freestyled fun, not sure if im about just yet but hoping i am,,,

also thought id add this pic from the other night, playing around at north point

we should definitely get some more crew photos together, i just need to make some space on my snapmatic after backing up pics on photobucket  :)

0_0_zpscafe0955.jpg

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

I agree... The next impromptu races we have I want to get a pic of everyone lined up, cars fresh and clean, and then a picture at the end to show any type of carnage we faced. I also want to get some pics representing the crew, such as crew shirts, colored cars, etc.  

• mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Definately, im all for that, we've had a few meets where we're just wheel spinning around lsc carpark, having some fun before lining up ready to race and I think it sums us up perfectly, all for the fun and games, but when we race, things get serious lol. Also love the before/After idea
  • ToBContinued08 likes this

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

FYI the closed crew session does not work so well at this time because the game has some issues with not letting folks join (even if peeps have same crew active) and it continually boots everyone to different lobbies or single player after completion of races. Impromptu races in sessions seem to work ok if you can get folks into the same session. I had a little more luck using the invite only session option, but it still boots folks out. I did notice that when running a playlist it seemed to keep all attendees in lobby until playlist was completed.
Until these bugs are worked out hosting crew events is painfull and clunky. Even R* couldn't get theirs to work this weekend <Tolly literally laughed out loud>. I hope these issues are resolved soon, I had some great races this weekend with the Red Rum Racing crew + friends but I spent mnore than half the time being frustrated by loading screens, lockups, and having to continually restart the game so I can select options in dialog screens.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

yea me, ryan, rage, m3dic8d and a few others had similar issues with getting bootted from lobbys when racing yesterday... although we did proudly take soem 1,2,3 finishes between me ryan and rage when we raced against other randoms,, was good to see RRR1 in the top three spaces and we had some good cooperative races going on.

I definitely think the invite only is the best options for getting people together into a lobby... but as soon as you start a job the risk is there that either everyone gets booted, everyone becomes a host (effectively splitting the lobby) or you get server time outs and kicked back to single player (which results in everyone starting n invite only session and multiple invites and mass confusion)

I really want R* to fix this as if you start from an invite only, you should be able to return to it... however that being said ive found that if you are in an invite only lobby and join a job, if you Quit from the voting screen, instead of using the "freemode" voting option, it tends to dump you in your last session... from my experience this has happened everytime ive gone from invite only into a job and use the quit option instead of the freemode vote... not sure if theres something in that, or if we had a co-ordinated quit if we would all end up in the same lobby...

im also starting to take some snaps of race times and finishing positions if anyones interested to see them, ill do this a bit more religiously in future to get a catalogue of our performance

DSC_1262_zps3109a7c5.jpg

DSC_1301_zps43a84f76.jpg

I was proud of this moment...

DSC_1299_zps402630ea.jpg

DSC_1296_zps95c626cd.jpg

Gotta love those 1,2,3's

DSC_1288_zpsbf340a4a.jpg

DSC_1285_zps9439063a.jpg

this race took so damn loooooong --- Trough the Grapevine - 5 laps -  traffic on -- catchup off...

DSC_1282_zps6239c2e5.jpg

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

AAAHHH!!!! I hate work. I wanted to play all weekend but with planning thanksgiving and some minor Christmas shopping, doesn't take much to consume your whole weekend. lol. Hopefully being a long weekend I'll be on more. Def. Going to be on this evening.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

i may have an hour this evening, but my evening and your evening are 5 hours apart :p

but ill definitely be about tomorrow between 6:30 and 8:30 gmt (2:30-4:30 est, 1:30-3:30 cst) my new character is leveled up to 25 now, still wana get her up a bit more to unlock some clothing (as its the better half's character, she likes to dress her for me...) but may break out my original character for a while as i think hes getting lonely, havent played wiht him since last week and dont want my stats to drop

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

. Def. Going to be on this evening.

I will be on at 1700CST ready to burn some rubba with ya.

ryanhendry94
  • ryanhendry94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'll be on all night probably!

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

you and your student life ryan... im envious hahaha...

• ryanhendry94 likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Also i was thinking earlier of devising some crew games we can play...

obviously we all have alot of race time under our belts... but ive had quite a giggle when we have all been in freemode  (invite only) and having some impromptu race with the obvious messing about at the end of each race... im wondering if we can devise some of our own game types...

An example would be like CTF (as an interim until R* release it) but a CTB, Capture the Bounty... we split into two teams... each team has 1 player with a preset bounty... the remaining players act as bodyguards... first to claim the bounty wins..

a variance of this would be MVP.. Most Valued player... again two teams... Hunters and Bodyguards... The MVP has a bounty set on them... then then have to be transported to a specified location... the hunters have to kill the MVP,,, the bodyguards have to protect the MVP at all costs... obviously the prize being the bounty (this one is slightly easier as If im in the lobby i can set the bount CTB would need two bounty setters)

other ideas i though of were we all start in the water off vespucci beach... set an impromptu race (if it lets us while not in cars) for a waypoint... then hell for leather to the finish line... using only stolen cars, no PV's allowed and no holds bared, you can sticky bomb, rpg, snipe, whatever you like... ... just to add a little variance to our usual impromtu racing..

Thooughts?

• T0lly likes this

ryanhendry94
  • ryanhendry94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

you and your student life ryan... im envious hahaha...

It's hard work! (no laughing at the back)

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Guys if you wanted a Bifta only playlist feel free to use mine :)

http://socialclub.ro...wDEOBoHbqcL3w0w

Also gonna try to work on that world record you hold Mo, think I played that track once so need to shave 20 seconds off somehow (looking at my previous time !) 

Got a race or 2 in with Tolly over the weekend (I think one other RRR member in lobby ?) as always with you guys nice clean racing and some real tight races :) apologies I couldn't make the event but I was making $'s in a free mode lots of them !! ended that session some 0.5 million richer off !!

• mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Heu don, cheers for sharin the playlist and glad your enjoyin racin w redrum members, I havent raced with anyone from the crew that I have been disappointed with, even jad randok encounters with crew memebrs . Jadnt met before, ended up in some impromtu races round a full lobby whoch was interesting

As for my wr . Dont know if that still stands, need to check the rankings again

Gazziboy
  • Gazziboy

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

This event looks cool. Dunno if you are planning another session as first post says closed, but yeah I might be up for it, for a bit of a laugh.

I'm in a gang with nittydon and have played his playlist, can safely say it was a good one.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Is there a 360 racing group like this I might be able to join?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hey panda, we have 360 racers in the crew, we try not to discriminate ;) but luap's crew "CLAW" (clean laps win races) is more 360 focussed, altho luap is also in Red Rum Racing.

Youll find quite a few of the RRR1 racers are also in CLAW

@gazzi we will be doin more focussed organised events in the fuure but with the ever growin size of RRR1 your prety much guarenteed to find us online at most times. ive not had a day in the last fortnight where ive felt im playin alone online as theres always at least one or two other RRR1 members bein around so feel free to add one of us an jump in a lobby, were always open to runnin sone laps woth potential New members and if you like what we do your welcome to join us, our crew leader (ToBeContinued08) is a damn good crew leader

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

:D

I try. I really do. lol

Me and Cloud Fuel are working on something special at the moment. I'm doing everything I can to get all of the fine details worked out. Might have to come to y'all to get it squared away.

Events have been slow and I apologize for that. With Holidays coming into sight, family suddenly popping up, time is becoming scarce. Gazziboy, we would love to have you join us. We have a lot of fun even when racing in a serious manner.

PandaLambPaws, check out CLAW as Mo-Seph mentioned. 360 focused and we are working together so the events for RED RUM are also available for 360 so we can compare stats and times across the consoles. Def. stay tuned.

We're just getting started.
  • mo-seph likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Also i was thinking earlier of devising some crew games we can play...

obviously we all have alot of race time under our belts... but ive had quite a giggle when we have all been in freemode  (invite only) and having some impromptu race with the obvious messing about at the end of each race... im wondering if we can devise some of our own game types...

An example would be like CTF (as an interim until R* release it) but a CTB, Capture the Bounty... we split into two teams... each team has 1 player with a preset bounty... the remaining players act as bodyguards... first to claim the bounty wins..

a variance of this would be MVP.. Most Valued player... again two teams... Hunters and Bodyguards... The MVP has a bounty set on them... then then have to be transported to a specified location... the hunters have to kill the MVP,,, the bodyguards have to protect the MVP at all costs... obviously the prize being the bounty (this one is slightly easier as If im in the lobby i can set the bount CTB would need two bounty setters)

other ideas i though of were we all start in the water off vespucci beach... set an impromptu race (if it lets us while not in cars) for a waypoint... then hell for leather to the finish line... using only stolen cars, no PV's allowed and no holds bared, you can sticky bomb, rpg, snipe, whatever you like... ... just to add a little variance to our usual impromtu racing..

Thooughts?

Love these ideas...

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

:D

I try. I really do. lol

Me and Cloud Fuel are working on something special at the moment. I'm doing everything I can to get all of the fine details worked out. Might have to come to y'all to get it squared away.

Events have been slow and I apologize for that. With Holidays coming into sight, family suddenly popping up, time is becoming scarce. Gazziboy, we would love to have you join us. We have a lot of fun even when racing in a serious manner.

PandaLambPaws, check out CLAW as Mo-Seph mentioned. 360 focused and we are working together so the events for RED RUM are also available for 360 so we can compare stats and times across the consoles. Def. stay tuned.

We're just getting started.

Im lookin forward to this, be good to have some nice regular events and seein both RRR1 and CLAW expanding their ranks with a cacophany of good clean racers who still find their own fun in the game, its not about money, its not about RP, its not About wins... Its about enjoyin the time we spend in the game and that seems to be at the heart of what were all doing

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have a four day weekend coming up in a couple of days and no plans but to drink fashionable adult beverages and play games. I can host or participate in events if is so desired.

I have never seen or heard anyone use this word in a sentence before. Impressive, well played.

with a cacophany of good clean racers

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by Nitty Don, 26 November 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Guys - I can totally vouch for Gazzi being a clean racer (all my crew are !) perhaps we could get a few crew v crew races set up some time ? :)

P.S. I accepted Mo's invite and RRR1 is now my second crew, on the back of this does anyone know if the crew logo on my vehicles changes dependent on what crew I am using ?

Also (a bit of self advertising here) any drivers want to sharpen up their shooting skills feel free to sign up here, currently only have free aim PS3 games going on, but thought I'd share just in case :)

http://gtaforums.com...85-tdm-mondays/

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by T0lly, 26 November 2013 - 12:42 PM.

, on the back of this does anyone know if the crew logo on my vehicles changes dependent on what crew I am using ?

The crew emblem will change to reflect your active crew selection. Same with clothing.

I did have an issue with emblem disapearring from vehicle tho, not sure if resolved yet.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Oh... Hello fella's... Would anyone care to check out the new addition to the OP and give me your thoughts, questions, ideas, etc.?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users