Photo

Red Rum Racing: Racing Events (PS3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic
ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by ToBContinued08, 27 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

In Discussion. For weekly updates, check the PS3/ Xbox topic.

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by PSgtaplayer1, 18 November 2013 - 05:59 AM.

I wanna join this... So I'll probably wake up at like 4:30 am to join... HAHAHA I might reserve a spot in this.

Edit: wait never mind.. My bad, I don't play on weekdays sorry :( gonna have to miss this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

I do believe I will be free for this, my rudimentary calculations make 4pm est about 9pm gmt so I should be good

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

I wanna join this... So I'll probably wake up at like 4:30 am to join... HAHAHA I might reserve a spot in this.

Edit: wait never mind.. My bad, I don't play on weekdays sorry :( gonna have to miss this

There will probably be another race on Saturday or Sunday provided R* doesn't take down the servers again.

I'll put your name down Mo-Seph.

MysterBeefy
  • MysterBeefy

aaaand I love you.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'd like to take part if there's a spot. Also, are custom cars cool to use? Or is there a specific car everyone has to use to keep everything even-ish?

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

TBC,,, you may notice a slight addition to my signature :)

@MysterBeefy from my experience me ToBeContinued08, T0lly and M3dic8d have all used custom cars in the past, that said were all pretty laid back and open to discussion, ill let TBC comment on this specifically as its his event, being crew leader and all... if theres enough people i guess we could even do a split off custom and non custom races (if there needs to be two hosts this would be easy)....

On this subject though my muscle car got blown up last night, being a bit tired i didnt realise and joined a race with 7 other guys from a single crew (*outnumbered much) and didnt have my custom car available to me in the muscle car race.... they all had fully customised (and in some cases chromed) muscles... yet i still beat them by a margin of about 5 seconds... they replayed... i won again... then they put it on motorcycles, in the rain for 5 laps...and a gta race.... 5 of them camped around the circuit waiting for me (killed me about 4 times) with rocket launchers and assault rifles...... yet i still managed to win by about 90 seconds.. only 2 of us finished the race (their crew leader i suspect, as he was the highest level, getting his croneys to "protect" him) ..... it was a proud moment....

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 18 November 2013 - 12:23 PM.

Oh guess I should mention that.

Custom Cars- if everyone participating has a custom sports vehicle. I too will leave this with a vote as mentioned by Mo-Seph.

Traffic Off

Catchup Off

I'll put you in Beefy.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

totally agree for catchup off...

although on the subject of traffic it can be interesting.. i was in a 16 player race, on the commute, in the rain... with traffic on over the weekend..... i came 10th, which is pretty miserable (like the weather) but the race was hella funny... everyone knows im a clean racer, but theres little you can do about spinning out into someones car, when you get hit by 3 sideways vehicles at once... the only downside is when we tried to reply it the Cloud Servers kicked us all out into Single Player..... although the messiest race ive ever been in... it was fun while it lasted...

but im also happy racing with traffic off for some nice clean laps

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 18 November 2013 - 12:31 PM.

@MysterBeefy from my experience me ToBeContinued08, T0lly and M3dic8d have all used custom cars in the past, that said were all pretty laid back and open to discussion, ill let TBC comment on this specifically as its his event, being crew leader and all... if theres enough people i guess we could even do a split off custom and non custom races (if there needs to be two hosts this would be easy)....

On this subject though my muscle car got blown up last night, being a bit tired i didnt realise and joined a race with 7 other guys from a single crew (*outnumbered much) and didnt have my custom car available to me in the muscle car race.... they all had fully customised (and in some cases chromed) muscles... yet i still beat them by a margin of about 5 seconds... they replayed... i won again... then they put it on motorcycles, in the rain for 5 laps...and a gta race.... 5 of them camped around the circuit waiting for me (killed me about 4 times) with rocket launchers and assault rifles...... yet i still managed to win by about 90 seconds.. only 2 of us finished the race (their crew leader i suspect, as he was the highest level, getting his croneys to "protect" him) ..... it was a proud moment....

I'll see your signature later. Oddly enough, I can't see it on my phone. No ones for that matter. Kinda odd.

I had a case like that the other day but it was just 2 other guys. Of course once I realized what they was doing, I dodge the "Wrecker" and spun out the leader. They ended up leaving the race.

I regards to the traffic, I figured I would leave it off so people that haven't raced with us know how we handle. The entire race condition can be changed. I figured I would just get the ball rolling to see if we could get a good turnout.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'll see your signature later. Oddly enough, I can't see it on my phone. No ones for that matter. Kinda odd.

I had a case like that the other day but it was just 2 other guys. Of course once I realized what they was doing, I dodge the "Wrecker" and spun out the leader. They ended up leaving the race.

I regards to the traffic, I figured I would leave it off so people that haven't raced with us know how we handle. The entire race condition can be changed. I figured I would just get the ball rolling to see if we could get a good turnout.

traffic off it is then :), you know me Im always cool for any scenario, guess it depends on the turn out :), hopefully we can grab a few people from here and approve them as well..

• ToBContinued08 likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Please count me in for this race. 

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Please count me in for this race. 

Done.

I need PSN so I can invite y'all in.

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by T0lly, 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM.

I would like to join but I will not be available until 1800 EST

If is still going on I will try to jump in.

ryanhendry94
  • ryanhendry94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm up for this.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm up for this.

Got your name down. 

Remember guys! Unless you're on Red Rum Racing Crew, I need your PSN so I can invite you accordingly.

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Rooftopper On horseback RDR

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by ferguson99, 18 November 2013 - 10:19 PM.

You guys sound like decent people, the amount of race session I wander into that are always full of knobs that do nothing but dirty racing like ramming and forcing me out the way.

I would love to join your number of fellow racers for some evenings fun in Grand Theft Auto races.

Playstation Network I.D: STIFER---013   Xbox I.D: Stifer0013

and race modes are a good leisurely way to level up and earn money.

ChadMeatscalibur
  • ChadMeatscalibur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Tomorrow noon eastern? Count me in if possible. I will be on around noon or so, it is my lunch break and I have an hour. I drive a slightly modded Carbonizzare, no turbo although I am THIS close to unlocking it. Seems I'm always in the hunt for first at the end when some asshat rams me thanks to slipstream and catchup. PSN and Social Club are both also ChadMeatscalibur. I am currently part of a crew but intend to leave it soon as I have been free roam murdered one too many times by its members.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Tomorrow noon eastern? Count me in if possible. I will be on around noon or so, it is my lunch break and I have an hour. I drive a slightly modded Carbonizzare, no turbo although I am THIS close to unlocking it. Seems I'm always in the hunt for first at the end when some asshat rams me thanks to slipstream and catchup. PSN and Social Club are both also ChadMeatscalibur. I am currently part of a crew but intend to leave it soon as I have been free roam murdered one too many times by its members.

I think you're looking at the noon on the image in the OP. Guess I should have clarified, it will be Noon in the race. The actual meet-up time is 4pm EST. Some of us will probably be on for a while.

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

You guys sound like decent people, the amount of race session I wander into that are always full of knobs that do nothing but dirty racing like ramming and forcing me out the way.

I would love to join your number of fellow racers for some evenings fun in Grand Theft Auto races.

Playstation Network I.D: STIFER---013   Xbox I.D: Stifer0013

and race modes are a good leisurely way to level up and earn money.

That's all we are looking for. There are several people on this forum (and a part of my crew) that race for the pure enjoyment. We can't stand the pile up bumping babies either. Would love to have you.

ChadMeatscalibur
  • ChadMeatscalibur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Oh well then the soonest I could be on would be 5. Still shoot me an invite if possible

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Oh well then the soonest I could be on would be 5. Still shoot me an invite if possible

Will do! 

m3dic8d
  • m3dic8d

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

Damnit, I work nights this week and won't be on until 11ish EST. 

Hopefully some ppl are still on lol

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

jees m3dic, dont you know where your priorities are.... work... psssshhh lol

*hangs head in shame of spending time with my "girlfriend" last night instead of racing with T0lly* lol

• T0lly and ToBContinued08 like this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

How or what do I need to do to get into tonight's races ? Would be good to test myself against players not in my crew !!

My PSN is NittyDon if anyone here could add and invite me would be greatly appreciated :)

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

hi nitty,

youve pretty much done what you need to, when ToBeContinued08 checks the thread again (which is pretty regular) he will add you to his list on the OP.

as he suggested if its popular enough we may do 2 hosts, bearing in mind most races allow either 8 or 16 racers... an invite only lobby will hold 16 so we should be all good...

Also if your in the event it would be good to see you voting for other racers in the Approved Racers Thread which is an ever growing list of clean racers on both ps3 and xbox

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 19 November 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Done and Done Nitty.

Really hoping that those who didn't give me there PSN is the same as their GTAF. Guess I'll put that little part in big bold letters next time. lol

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

we could always try dropping them a PM through GTAF to give them a heads up,,, might prompt them to respond, the might not be following the topic so wont automatically get notification,,, but PM will likey generate an email notification

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by ToBContinued08, 19 November 2013 - 02:28 PM.

True. Guess I'll get cracking on that shortly.

EDIT: Messages have been sent out for a PSN if you did not provide one. I will be sending invites 5-10 min before 4 EST to prepare.

ChadMeatscalibur
  • ChadMeatscalibur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Am I not added yet? Gonna be on at 5 for sure

ToBContinued08
  • ToBContinued08

Red Rum Racing

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sorry about that. Your def. in.