Photo

[PS3]Players Lvl 22-30 to help get cargobob

10 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:16 AM Edited by Deffpony, 18 November 2013 - 02:17 AM.

I'm trying to glitch the cargobob in my garage but I'm level 108 and they no longer spawn. Trying to get someone level 22-30 to help me get one.

PSN:Deffpony

Beastly753
  • Beastly753

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

You can get it at any level in a certain spot.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Which spot is that. The one by the docks?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

You can get one as a Pegasus vehicle, just on your own. And IMO the Cargobob is better as a Pegasus vehicle than a garage vehicle anyway.

a) Saves a garage slot

b) Doesn't turn your garage into an explosive deathtrap

c) It can be used in conjuction with your PV, rather than as your PV.

d) The PV advantage of getting it delivered doesn't work very well with the Cargobob anyway as your mechanic will just go straight into the stratosphere (forcing you to go into the store or trigger a mission to get it back on the ground). And flying it out of your garage doesn't work very well either.

However the process is a pain in the ass.

http://www.se7ensins...s-x360.1013895/

http://gtaforums.com...garage/page-137

Well, just another option for you to consider. Getting one in your garage is probably easier.

You can get it at any level in a certain spot.

Pretty certain this is not true. Some just spawn cargobobs a little later than others, but they still stop at some level.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I can't find a tutorial for how to get it as a Pegasus vehicle

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

My method, along with some notes from myself and another guy.

1. Join a public MP session
  2. Open phone, start internet browser.
  3. Open start menu, press and confirm launch of the PS/Xbox store  
  4. QUICKLY open start menu, go to online and press and confirm “Leave GTA Online” (you can do this without opening the phone but using the phone seems to increase the effective timing window)
  5. This should take you to the game store. Wait for all items to load in the store then back out.
  6. This should put you in a new MP session as your SP character. This is where it gets complicated. You want to activate your SP character’s phone whilst their special bar is still showing but a lot of the time you won’t get any chance to get this to work. Your best bet is when the game spawns you into a cutscene, so you can activate your SP character’s phone to moment the cutscene ends (whilst their special bar is still showing) and enter their internet browser. But the majority of the time the cutscene will fail to trigger and you won’t have any chance to perform the glitch. Also spamming d-pad up whilst you’re coming down from the clouds seems to lower the chances  of cutscenes triggering. If you got it to work then skip to step 10 otherwise look at 7.
  7. Press start, launch ingame store. Back out when all the items load. Perform this step regardless of whether your character is frozen or not (you seem to risk losing your MP character’s data if you do not perform this step).
  8. Press start, launch ingame store. Quickly press start, online, “Leave GTA Online”. NOTE you DO NOT use the phone internet browser for this switch (doing so usually freezes your game or causes infinite loading screens, though you can encounter those anyway). Back out of the store when all items have loaded. This is the fastest/safest way to get another shot at step 6.
  9. Keep repeating steps 7 and 8 until you finally get step 6 to work. If you get sent back to pure SP you’ll need to start over from step 1. You may also encounter freezes or infinite loading screens, which again will force you to start over.
  10.  When step 6 works and you get the SP character’s phone to work you can buy the cargobob from Warstock for $185,000.  You can also sell that character’s stocks if you're quick enough (might need to do this first though)
  11. Enter the game store, wait for all items to load then back out.
  12. Join a new session.

Glitch complete.

Notes

• Whilst attempting this my online character’s  ammo counts were overwritten by my SP characer’s ammo, but my MP character’s weapons and weapon mods weren’t changed.
  • You can get timed out of GTAO at any stage during this process and it seems particularly likely when you’re triggering cutscenes. It actually happened to whilst on my whilst on my SP character’s phone, before I got a chance to do ANYTHING with it. I was livid. So basically be as quick as you can
  • Apparently it works better in public sessions than invite only sessions, but I had immense difficulty getting it to work in just public sessions so I wasn’t inclined to experiment with something that made the process harder.
  • How fast you are pulling up the pause menu to quit online after initiating the game store doesn't seem to be important, as long as you confirm to leave online before you get to the store.
  • Leaving the store too soon seemed to always put me into the actual single player, so I just waited like 10+ seconds.
  • Once I finished the cutscene and pulled up my phone, at first it showed the cargobob for 2.2 million so I backed out a page and went back and it was 185k.

Like I said I feel this is the better option, but it's harder to perform.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you didn't get the Pegasus thing to work and you're still looking for a Cargobob you could try the garage glitch with my Pegasus one when I get on.

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

It's a shame that moderators ask for glitching help in this forum. Outstanding

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Oh please, if it was glitched super-tanks for express trolling purposes that would be one thing. But it's not. It's a cargo helicopter for harmless fun when there's no legit way to get them because Rockstar hates fun apparently.

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh please, if it was glitched super-tanks for express trolling purposes that would be one thing. But it's not. It's a cargo helicopter for harmless fun when there's no legit way to get them because Rockstar hates fun apparently.

Pls go deeper in his arse cause he is a mod. Glitching is glitching no mather what reason he has

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Pls go deeper in his arse cause he is a mod. Glitching is glitching no mather what reason he has

a) I help people on these forums when it is convenient for me to do so, regardless of moderator status.

b) I call people out on ridiculous overzealous glitcher complaints all the time.

c) "You're sucking up, because he's a mod!" seems like a somewhat odd complaint considering your first post was "I expected better, because you're a mod!". I don't care if you're 'status-blind' or not, and whether your attitude counts as hypocrisy is a debate I can't be bothered to have but still it seemed slightly weird.

Anyway if a glitch is harmless then who cares about what rules it breaks. "OH NO someone has Franklin's Buffalo, better purge it with fire because it defies some arbitrary restriction." BOO HOO HOO. But hey, if you disagree then please tell me what's so unfair, malicious and overpowered about a Cargobob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users